Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics (33238 Views)

Oyinbo Woman Pays Homage To Oba Of Benin In His Palace. Photos / Oba Ewuare ll N’Ogidigan, The 39th Oba Of Benin In His Regal Glory / Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2016
dressed like a masquerade, av never seen a king bow before. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by klassykute(m): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2016
Sijo01:

No be me post am o. I just draw your attention to am. Op mean person wey create the thread.
u do well
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by RALPHOW(m): 9:49am On Apr 29, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
and you compare this great THRONE(OBA OF BENIN) to wan criminal called ommi of *** angry

HOW CAN YOU COMPARE THIS MASQUERADE WITH ONI OF IFE FOR EVER AND EVER.

4 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by litetias(m): 9:51am On Apr 29, 2016
bedspread:
That guy in suit be like Spirit!
That na Prince Philip, queen husband
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by GreatManBee: 9:58am On Apr 29, 2016
lol
new2020:
This one nah real Atu-mmo or Aji-busu masquerade in Igbo...lol
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by petchi: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2016
See how he bowed to her.

4 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by aviazuva: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2016
Why then did some people accuse an EDO chief of bending to shake hands with Lara

5 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 29, 2016
sugarboi52:

Spot the difference! Check the Late. Ooni of Ife, Adesoji Aderemi Tadenikawo I rolling majestically with the Queen.

The second pix, is Oba Adeniji Adele, The Oba of Lagos, welcoming the Queen in a royal regalia.

Yoruba Obas are not second fiddle to others
We Yorubas love the Benin, stop hating unnecessarily okay. Peace!!

You can add oba daniel adesanya gbelegbuwa, the awujale of ijebuland to that list.

9 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by iamrealdeji(m): 10:19am On Apr 29, 2016
Is that awolowo at the extreme left?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Ifamex(m): 10:21am On Apr 29, 2016
pyyxxaro:
Wetin the guy wear again
E even get Horn self cry,he even shake the queen with two hands,,end time oba.

Tribal Bigots make una come see fresh food o embarassed
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Ifamex(m): 10:22am On Apr 29, 2016
pyyxxaro:
Wetin the guy wear again
E even get Horn self cry,he even shake the queen with two hands,,end time oba.

Tribal Bigots make una come see fresh food o embarassed
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Eziokwu1: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2016
aviazuva:
Why then did some people accuse an EDO chief of bending to shake hands with Lara

lol... abi o..
dey don dey do am tey tey.... not as if it is new.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2016
haul:
So you can see how benins deserted this thread?

Well, this thread is a testimony of hierarchy of kingship in the western and mid-west nigeria before the benins start distorting history. If you're to distort history come with fact. This is not for supremacy but history should never be doctored cause that's the only thing left of cultural pride and heritage.

Now can we now say oba dey go transfer? Oba dey bow for chick? Oba dey dress in a masqurade regalia?

Yorubas and benins are brothers so please benin don't be too fast than your history cause pictures don't lie.
God forbid. Who's your brother? I reject anything that would link me to a yoruba man in Jesus name. How am I related to you? Do I have funny tribal marks? Do I eat your black stuff called amala? Does cowardice run in my DNA? Am I a slave to Hausa/Fulani? Was any part of my land ever conquered by Fulanis? Epa abeg respect yourself.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by niggadee(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2016
Sayelabola:

What is wrong with him being an Osugbo man?
dude i came from osugbo family's in ijebu.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by OmoIgala: 10:32am On Apr 29, 2016
osabuohein:
God forbid. Who's your brother? I reject anything that would link me to a yoruba man in Jesus name. How am I related to you? Do I have funny tribal marks? Do I eat your black stuff called amala? Does cowardice run in my DNA? Am I a slave to Hausa/Fulani? Was any part of my land ever conquered by Fulanis? Epa abeg respect yourself.

But Nupes Conquered your brothers in Etsako (Auchi, Fugar, Agenebode, Etc) and turned them to Muslims... Even we Igalas also subjugated part of Edo state...... lol
While today, all of Edo state is politically Irellivant in Nigeria...
Binis are the real cowards, see their masquerade Oba bowing to a she-king in a place where a Yoruba Oba would have stood tall.

As for me, I am proud of my Yoruba cousins, and would gladly associate with them anyday.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by haul: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2016
osabuohein:

Wow! You've got so much hatred, don't result into my last sentence, what do you think about my premises? Enjoy your day bro, the world is bigger than our problems so take it easy.

3 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by niggadee(m): 10:35am On Apr 29, 2016
I can see awolowo wearing an itagbe osugbo thing
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

But Nupes Conquered your brothers in Etsako (Auchi, Fugar, Agenebode, Etc) and turned them to Muslims... Even we Igalas also subjugated part of Edo state...... lol
While today, all of Edo state is politically Irellivant in Nigeria...
Binis are the real cowards, see their masquerade Oba bowing to a she-king in a place where a Yoruba Oba would have stood tall.

As for me, I am proud of my Yoruba cousins, and would gladly associate with them anyday.
see this one. There was no part of edoland that was ever conquered. Go and serve your hausa and fulani masters. Hausas beat you in your own house. Aren't you ashamed? We ain't on the same level so go and die.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by OmoIgala: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2016
osabuohein:
see this one. There was no part of edoland that was ever conquered. Go and serve your hausa and fulani masters. Hausas beat you in your own house. Aren't you ashamed? We ain't on the same level so go and die.

You are a small boy who does not even know the history of Edo.

British conquered You
Nigeria conquered you
Yorubas Conquered you
Nupe conquered you and took you as slave
Igalas Conquered you cool

It must suck to be from Edo.

8 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Etizz: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2016
Odeyinigbin:

Pple can ask anyhow question! Haba,imagine d ..............u just asked. God av mercy on u o
God have mercy??
Are u Alright??
Why can't u mind your business!
When is it a sin to ask a question?
Or u did not see d way he dressed?

#Pervert
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2016
sojiboy:
Photo of Queen Elizabeth meetin d Oba of #Benin in 1956 by Osagie Alonge.
PhotoCredit:@HuffingtonPost. @Gidi_Traffic

Queen pass King
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by musicwriter(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2016
@MadCow1

A King bowing to a chick..

Only in Bini. angry[/quote]

He's not bowing down to the queen. It's a matter of courtesy.

Generally, black people are courteous and naturally respectful- the opposite of white people. White people have no respect for YOU as a blackman- which is why they invaded our nations, enslaved, kidnapped, stole, and damaged the cultures and languages of other nations.

Blacks aren't naturally wired that way, blacks are respectful people. I guess that's why they took advantage of our natural traits and exploited us in the first place.

Obama greeting the Japanese king- this's not bowing, it's just being courteous.

Japan, China and other Asian countries are known to have similar culture when it comes to greeting.

Japanese prime minster greeting Obama- again, he's just being courteous as tradition demands.

Ironically, you all saying the king bowing down to the queen, are same people welcoming Ms. Christine Lagarde and asking for IMF loan.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Sayelabola(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2016
niggadee:
dude i came from osugbo family's in ijebu.

Welcome! /!!!\
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by MadCow1: 11:23am On Apr 29, 2016
musicwriter:
@MadCow1

A King bowing to a chick..

Only in Bini. angry

He's not bowing down to the queen. It's a matter of courtesy.

Generally, black people are courteous and naturally respectful- the opposite of white people. White people have no respect for YOU as a blackman- which is why they invaded our nations, enslaved, kidnapped, stole, and damaged the cultures and languages of other nations.

Blacks aren't naturally wired that way, blacks are respectful people. I guess that's why they took advantage of our natural traits and exploited us in the first place.

Obama greeting the Japanese king- this's not bowing, it's just being courteous.

Japan, China and other Asian countries are known to have similar culture when it comes to greeting.

Japanese prime minster greeting Obama- again, he's just being courteous as tradition demands.

Ironically, you all saying the king bowing down to the queen, are same people welcoming Ms. Christine Lagarde and asking for IMF loan.

What does Ms. Lagarde have to do with Bini King bowing to a Woman.. grin

You keep showing me Men bowing to Men..

I want to see Powerful men such as the Oba of Bini is supposed to be bowing to a Woman.

When I see that, then I will have a rethink.

4 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Businessideas: 11:48am On Apr 29, 2016
This is the father of the same highly revered Oba of Bini(who wrote the controversial neo-history) and grandfather of the current Bini Crown Prince. shocked shocked shocked.
So at what point was history revisited or rewritten up to the point the Oba has to pen it down in a book while ignoring these pictures?
With this picture and that picture earlier released by the Alake of Egba,and the existence of a sacred place where the heads of departed Obas of Bini's head are buried in Ile Ife, now I have fairly sufficient reasons to believe what the Olu of Warri said that Ooni of Ife is their spiritual father against what history revisionists are saying in Bini.Who are those creating falsehood and trying to distort history,?What is their motivation and why don't they have a single fact to back up their own version?One thing I am happy about the debate is that, more facts will be released from time to time perhaps from the Yoruba camp to "put history in its right place" and prove the well known history that the Bini monarchy is from Ile Ife with Oranmiyan,an Ife prince, as the father of Eweka ,the first Oba of Benin. Thank God for the internet, we're learning more about our history. One thing for sure is that the binis and Yorubas come way way way back "Wow!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Emmytrill(m): 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
This is a big let down on the stool of the Oba of Benin Kingdom! How can a whole first class Oba shake a woman even if she is a queen with two hands, bowing down!!! A woman he is old enough to be her grand-father! sad Kai! Oba fall my hand full time grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
OmoIgala:

You are a small boy who does not even know the history of Edo.

British conquered You
Nigeria conquered you
Yorubas Conquered you
Nupe conquered you and took you as slave
Igalas Conquered you cool

It must suck to be from Edo.
the only people that ever defeated the edos in battle was the British. Unlike you yorubas who were defeated by Fualnis. Wetin concern ewedu with edo? Rubbish.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Davoneskay(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
why e go dress like masquerade?
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Sunnyade01(m): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
A king bowing for a queen!

I thought they said traditionally Oba of Benin cannot leave his Palace!

That is not his Palace!

3 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by Mickchillz(m): 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
Na wa oo... See how oba position like Charley chaplin with the buttoms up and the feet spread wide apart lolz.. In summary, it looks like a comedy scene featuring charley chaplin

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meeting The Oba Of Benin In 1956 Pics by samsam2019: 1:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
sojiboy:
Photo of Queen Elizabeth meetin d Oba of #Benin in 1956 by Osagie Alonge.
PhotoCredit:@HuffingtonPost. @Gidi_Traffic

this idiot king just disgraced his exalted throne

Why did he bow to queen Elizabeth?

Ode ofo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S / 5 Taboos Across Africa That Modernism Failed To Take Away (Pics) / White Woman Speaks Urhobo Language Fluently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.