Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? (828 Views)

Ubaka & Atikpo Chukwuebuka Patrick Invent OGANIHU C² Bitter Leaf Washing Machine / Gabriel Obinna & Moses Ezeilegbunam Invent Generator That Runs Without Fuel, Gas / 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by ItuExchange(m): 10:51pm On Apr 28, 2016
Wikipedia says immortality is the ability to live forever or eternal life.[2] Natural selection has developed potential biological immortality in at least one species, Turritopsis dohrnii.[3]

Certain scientists, futurists, and philosophers have theorized about the immortality of the human body, and advocate that human immortality is achievable in the first few decades of the 21st century, whereas other advocates believe that life extension is a more achievable goal in the short term, with immortality awaiting further research breakthroughs into an indefinite future. The absence of aging would provide humans with biological immortality, but not invulnerability to death by physical trauma; although mind uploading could solve that issue.

Hundreds of years ago, there were many things that people thought was impossible, but which are possible with science and technology.

Given our standards of living nowadays, we looked on our ancestors with pity. Hundreds of years to come, our progeny would look at us with pity.

Scientists are doing vigorous research into immortality. Would they succeed?

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by FazzyKachi(m): 11:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
If after everything_ Scientists don't discover for mortality_ To become immortal_ Then, I'd say they Fail woefully_ Cause dia Rants/wailing alone thinks they hold Immortality_ Only God has immortality biko_ Make Scientists go sit down one corner_
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by erusen: 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
FazzyKachi:
If after everything_
Scientists don't discover for mortality_
To become immortal_
Then, I'd say they Fail woefully_
Cause dia Rants/wailing alone thinks they hold Immortality_
Only God has immortality biko_
Make Scientists go sit down one corner_
so if they eventually do you will refuse the technology because only fying spangetti monster has immortality?
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
immortality it's just a step away.
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by FazzyKachi(m): 11:38pm On May 01, 2016
erusen:
so if they eventually do you will refuse the technology because only fying spangetti monster has immortality?

What are you saying?
Make yo Points Clear Man_
Cuz I don't understand what yo tryna Prove_
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by simi4me(m): 7:39pm On May 04, 2016
The knowledge to create immortality was lost in the garden of eden, when man ate the forbidden fruit and gain wisdom(science) God saw that man has become wise n will be like God if they are immortal, so he drove them away least they eat the fruit of the tree of life (the knowledge of immortality). So man can never create immortality.
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by Geofavor(m): 10:43pm On May 04, 2016
FazzyKachi:
If after everything_ Scientists don't discover for mortality_ To become immortal_ Then, I'd say they Fail woefully_ Cause dia Rants/wailing alone thinks they hold Immortality_ Only God has immortality biko_ Make Scientists go sit down one corner_
shattap!
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by Feraz(m): 12:03am On May 05, 2016
Maybe not immortality per se but a way of slowing down the degradation of cells which may lead to longevity.
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by FazzyKachi(m): 1:08am On May 05, 2016
Geofavor:
shattap!
Yeah! Yeah!!
I'd Shut up for a Wailer_ Happy Wailing_
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by Geofavor(m): 7:14am On May 05, 2016
FazzyKachi:

Yeah! Yeah!!
I'd Shut up for a Wailer_ Happy Wailing_
LOL.
Re: Will Scientists/researchers Ever Discover/invent Immortality? by SidL(m): 2:33pm On May 25, 2016
I think in time, we will develop technologies to aid in cellular rejuvenation such that one can use their bodies for as long as they wish. Query why one would wish to be confined to one body “forever.” I suppose such concerns with immortality is based upon the premise that the person is the body--this is most unfortunate.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Snake Killed In Nysc Orientation Camp / Workclick: Instant Service On Demand / What Are Your Tech Predictions For The Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.