Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? (6588 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Blogger Platform And Wordpress Platform / Blogger Or Wordpress, Which One Is Better In Creating Music Blog / Between Blogger And Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 29, 2016
Between Blogger and Wordpress, which is better?
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Sugarcious(m): 7:30am On Apr 29, 2016
Wordpress is the best. Nice features and easy costumization. Mobile friendly and SEO friendly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by emmalexdboy(m): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Wordpress is the biggest blogging platform you can find today, powering authoritative blogs like CNN, New york times etc.

This speaks volume of its amazing features and efficiency. Even top Nigerian blogs use wordpress: Notjustok, PunchNG etc.

So go for gold man! Wordpress anytime, anyday. Specifically, the self-hosted version.

7 Likes

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
Thank you very much indeed guys
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by aytheblogger(m): 4:04am On Apr 30, 2016
It is highly believed that Wordpress is better than blogger, but I believe it has to do more with what you believe in. 2 of the best bloggers in this country are operating on blogger platform. I am talking of Linda Ikeji and Jide Ogunsanya of ogbongeblog. To be a successful blogger, your platform is somehow immaterial but your content and determination matter most

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by ExpertNosa(m): 4:39am On Apr 30, 2016
word press is the king but i am on blogger i guess that makes me a prince

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by emillionaire: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2016
if your a beginner start with blogger. WordPress comes with a price.
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by akintayo1(m): 1:15am On May 01, 2016

If blogging is your business, Wordpress all the way. But if your blog is just an hobby...settle for less - go with blogger.

2 Likes

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by RichYoungNigger(m): 6:26am On May 01, 2016
Blogger is the best.
Do you know why you can't download plugins on blogger ?? It's because everything is inbuilt.

You don't need seo on blogger, blogger is owned by Google which is the biggest search engine on earth, they automatically drive traffic to blogger.

I have a WordPress blog, when i write a new post, i will share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google plus and stumble upon and at the end of the day, i will get only 100 visitors.

I also have a blogger blog site, when i write a new post, i don't share it on Twitter or Facebook but i get about 600 visitors per day.

You see the magic ??

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by peterjero(m): 6:33am On May 01, 2016
Everyone saying WordPress, but Linda uses blogger and happens to be the biggest in nigeria and hers is even a free blog.

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Ikwerreboy(m): 6:37am On May 01, 2016
Blogger is easy to understand and has more advantage in terms of traffic due to google biggest search engine in the world.

Wordpress is cool also be complicated. With WordPress yu can have a classified website like olx, jiji e.t.c

But yu cnt hv a classified website on blogger.

4 Likes

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by chyckxx(m): 6:38am On May 01, 2016
Happy birthday to SWAGKIDCORNEL
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Kay512: 6:59am On May 01, 2016
peterjero:
Everyone saying WordPress, but Linda uses blogger and happens to be the biggest in nigeria and hers is even a free blog.
She blogs about entertainment, and anything like it. With WordPress, navigation is easy. You can easily go to another page on the website without having to return "home" over and over. And BTW, Linda is an exception (that's not to even say she's been in the game a long time. Also, her style of blogging -- news gathering, gossips and the likes -- is entirely unique!

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by uchennaq(m): 7:02am On May 01, 2016
1. Wordpress is great but you can't also disregard blogger because of the wordpress premium like themes it's developers are making. This is really giving wordpress a good run for their money.

2. Do you know that with blogger, you don't need to pay for monthly hosting or yearly hosting just like wordpress? Simply pay for your domain name and connect it to your blogger. Unlike wordpress hosting for 1 year that can cost up to 20000 naira.

3. Are you aware that blogger is already SEO, hosted by blogger itself, you have an edge of getting your pages indexed if you know what your doing.

4. Also using blogger to get enrolled in adsense is easier than using wordpress according to research.

5. Another disadvantage of wordpress is hosting companies always complain that it overload their server and you risk getting shut down for minutes or hours(personal experience from godaddy).

2 Likes

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:02am On May 01, 2016
Intend to start entertainment and tech blog soon, pls wht do yu guys recommend ?
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Kay512: 7:03am On May 01, 2016
WordPress. Below are few reasons I think so:
1. Complete Blog Ownership (if it is self-hosted)
2. Mobile Friendliness
3. Easy Navigation
4. Customization (to your taste, bro. Don't you think all blogger blogs look alike?)
5. Organized
6. Avalanche of Plugins
7 Etc.

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by uchennaq(m): 7:03am On May 01, 2016
Ikwerreboy:
Blogger is easy to understand and has more advantage in terms of traffic due to google biggest search engine in the world.

Wordpress is cool also be complicated. With WordPress yu can have a classified website like olx, jiji e.t.c

But yu cnt hv a classified website on blogger.

You can, just contact good developers to build a classified theme for you or search for it on google and buy it

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by charsobodo(m): 7:07am On May 01, 2016
Wordpress all the way...

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by uchennaq(m): 7:08am On May 01, 2016
Lacomus:
Intend to start entertainment and tech blog soon, pls wht do yu guys recommend ?

This is blogger running a wordpress premium entertainment theme. Check it and judge for yourself

looknigeria.com
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2016
WP is good but the honest trust is that for Nigeria situation, Blogger is the best
People go for WP because they don't know or want to do the hardwork, they just want to install the pluggin and relax but believe me, if you know your stuff, you can get better ranking with Blogger

But in the end, content is king

3 Likes

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by MrImole: 7:36am On May 01, 2016
Wordpress
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Ptoocool(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2016
It's Blogpress
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Jeroboy(m): 7:44am On May 01, 2016
If u need blogger template and WordPress like gurusfanz.com pm on 08133859255 for price deal
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by surrogatesng: 7:46am On May 01, 2016
Never never ever use blogger! even linda ikeji is trying hard to shift away from blogger to self hosted
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Jeroboy(m): 7:47am On May 01, 2016
I am specialize in blog creating, I can help with your blog creating both blogger and WordPress
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:53am On May 01, 2016
peterjero:
Your blogging platform won't bring you more money. It's your content and SEO. So, even if you use typepad and you have great, unique contents with powerful SEO, you'll be successful. And btw, Linda is one of the early bloggers in Nigeria. Her contents are unique and she has been very consistent. Blogger is very boring. I can do virtually anything with Wordpress. You can even create an e-commerce site with Wordpress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by wizkidblogger(f): 7:55am On May 01, 2016
#TeamBlogger

2 Likes

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:07am On May 01, 2016
I have used both platforms and I will say I prefer WordPress to Blogger.

Forget that Google owns Blogger. WordPress Seo rock pass Olumo rock.

On WordPress, there are plugins that can guide you on writing an SEO friendly post but with Blogger, you have to do it with your initiative. I'm talking of plugins like keyword planner, Yoast etc.

WordPress is always updated with latest features. Blogger is updated like once in two years.

The only benefit I see that Blogger has over WordPress is that Blogger is free and the bandwidth has no limit.

For those saying that Blogger is good because Linda Ikeji and Jide Ogusanya of Ogbongeblog uses it are not completely right.

This duo started blogging when it was still fresh in Nigeria. They were among the first set of bloggers. they've already got the traffic, brand and domain authority before others started.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by ITbomb(m): 8:11am On May 01, 2016
surrogatesng:
Never never ever use blogger! even linda ikeji is trying hard to shift away from blogger to self hosted
But she didn't get to where she is because of self hosted

1 Like

Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 01, 2016
wizkidblogger:
#TeamBlogger
Your face looks familiar, I have seen you somewhere before..... tongue
Re: Between Blogger And Wordpress, Which Is Better? by pipiko: 8:13am On May 01, 2016
Blogger is like your daddy's car while wordpress is your own thing.You can show skills with wordpress but like someone wrote above, it comes with a price. If you work towards it you will be in control of the features and create it as much as you can. Blogger has several limitations bt it is good.Content is king don't forget.So whatever platform you start with, make sure you have quality content don't make the internet a refuse dump.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips For New Bloggers. / Omotola.com Domain Name For Sale At $325,000 / 5 SEO Tools To Improve Your Website Rankings In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.