Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers (22129 Views)

"Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man / FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by tuna4servi(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Bank can sack any time any day,i was a victim of dis too
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by dahmie2013: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Pls sumone shud help me underdstd, a coy dat makes billions in profit & has just 8000 staff, why are dey sacking?
4 u 2 say u have a profit of billions, u've deducted staff cost 4rm it. Also are dey saying deir cashflow is not in billions?
It is well!
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Pavarottii(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
People think wat is happening in Naija is play.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by butanep(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
musicwriter:
More loan goes to those who have more money. I've been trying to explain this to some people on this forum, but they couldn't just get it that the IMF and world bank literally lobby countries for more loan, just like first bank plan to do now.

In case you're one of such people, just read the new first bank policy direction. The IMF and world bank are banks and makes profit exploiting countries by giving them loan. The only difference is first bank wants to partner with oil companies while IMF and world bank look for stupid countries to partner.

Loans remains the biggest profit strategy for banks. Bank's cannot make profit, unless they give really huge performing loans to companies.

This's why the IMF and world bank are always hounding third world countries for loan!!.

I wish someone understand this and be wise.

I understand you very well sire.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by DrHighchief(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
Does first to comment help people they want to relieve of their Jobs? What is d big deal about dis first to comment thing? Is there an award for it or you get Job through first to comment. Am waiting for answers.
God bless Nigeria.
lifezone247:
A source within the bank confirmed to Vanguard saying, “It is not that we plan to sack 1000 staff at a go. It was part of the measures taken last year to enhance the profitability of the bank. So the pruning will be gradual and it started last year”.
Planing not to sack at a go or not, sack na sack. But 1000? That's too much abeg.

Just look up my post, you will knw how far undecided
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by focus7: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
The fear of Buhari ant-corruption in the air, no more sharp practices to making big profits, even banks now know you have to properly account for the profits they make now.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by DrHighchief(m): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
Does first to comment help people they want to relieve of their Jobs? What is d big deal about dis first to comment thing? Is there an award for it or you get Job through first to comment. Am waiting for answers.
God bless Nigeria.

lifezone247:
A source within the bank confirmed to Vanguard saying, “It is not that we plan to sack 1000 staff at a go. It was part of the measures taken last year to enhance the profitability of the bank. So the pruning will be gradual and it started last year”.
Planing not to sack at a go or not, sack na sack. But 1000? That's too much abeg.

Just look up my post, you will knw how far undecided
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by butanep(m): 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
dahmie2013:
Pls sumone shud help me underdstd, a coy dat makes billions in profit & has just 8000 staff, why are dey sacking?
4 u 2 say u have a profit of billions, u've deducted staff cost 4rm it. Also are dey saying deir cashflow is not in billions?
It is well!

Can't you get it? There was a reduction. A very sharp decrease in their profit margin in 2015 compare to 2014.

Every firm or company want to make an increase in profit yearly and not the reverse. Unfortunately the poor staff suffer the consequences.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by PIPPROF(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
grin
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by zemaik(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
For the sharp brains among them, the severance package is enough to invest and move on.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Leke001: 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2016
oh! wahala dey o
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by fortune1968: 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
angelusbrut:

ministry of works sacked 300, so what are you saying
when was that ?pls are u sure of what you are saying ?
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by olu4life(m): 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
They started since December and started with Management staffs and nt Junior staffs.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Iko5000: 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
How old are you ?
FUCKU:
Am I the first to comment?
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by kgr8mike(m): 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
FCMB sacking also
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by garrimallam: 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
Now i can see d reason for d mad deduction of customers accounts without fear of God .They can continue with those who cares for me am gone .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fbn-holdings-downsize-boost-profitability/[/quote]
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Jack972: 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
This is the change that we voted for in Naija[color=#990000][/color]
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Adesiji77: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2016
Tough times for financial institutions...
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by FUCKU: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Iko5000:
How old are you ?
I am 100yrs old. You P::R::I::C::K
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Darayola(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
magicfingers009:
Every time companies want to cut cost / reduce expense, the first place they look at on their P & L is Staff Expense.

I hope the sacking would start from the top (GM to SM cadre)

But those ogas would find a way to push the Tsunami on junior staff which would have minimal effect in reducing the bank's expense.

For three years now, First Bank has refused to pay me my dividend.

In case you don't know, all firstbank's branch secretary, all area Managers and all regional managers are gone already.
Now, the bank's recruitments concentrates more on the contract staffs. Very soon, sometime this year, the only core/permanent staff in all FirstBank branch won't be more than 3 (The BSM, HLS and the Head Cash) others will be contract staffs. (Note: only for those in operations department)
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Omonigeriarere: 2:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
princeofpeace22:
Welcome development. APC is really changing things,kudos guys

[/s]

Unlike before whereby a bank marketer will meet his/her target through the lodgement unscrupulously stolen from public treasury, the chip is down: no more collaboration to loot the public money in collaboration with yeye politicians PDP again.

The ineffectual buffon and his entourage of looters really milk this country dry.

Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Omonigeriarere: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
dahmie2013:
It is well!

Here is the reason...

Unlike before whereby a bank marketer will meet his/her target through the lodgment unscrupulously stolen from public treasury, the chip is down: no more collaboration to loot the public money in collaboration with yeye politicians PDP again.

Now, marketers would sooner or later be forced to go out and look for private investors/organizations who will borrow money from them so that they can meet their target. Inability to meet this target will lead to summary dismissal.

The ineffectual buffon and his entourage of looters really milk this country dry: don't worry, bank marketers will soon reach your doorstep begging you to take a loan from them just to meet their target.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
Education has become a rusted key in Nigeria...I pity those who put all their hope into it
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by philips70(m): 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lazy banks were storing government monies and slush funds, declaring huge billions as profits but paying peanuts and employing casual staffs to do all their jobs. Thieves, the epicenter of the corruption that's killing Nigeria are these banks themselves. Crooks everywhere.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by sonnie10: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2016
focus7:
The fear of Buhari ant-corruption in the air, no more sharp practices to making big profits, even banks now know you have to properly account for the profits they make now.

Lone wolf!
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by miky2002(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jacksonville:
FTC grin...

Well, 1000 is quite alot. Something needs to be done asap.It's not suppose to be all about the company cuz dat's selfishness , leaving a thousand people jobless and all dey care about is making profit??..smh
. You need to know that this is a profit oriented company, the object must be met at all time, if not, it will seize to be in existent...
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by toggy: 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
Any management who cannot think of a better way of solving issues is weak, incompetent, wicked and without vision. It is becoming too rampant for top managements in most Nigerian banks and companies to resort to cutting jobs as a tool for solving problems in their organization. haba! you cannot be doing the same thing all the time and expect a different result. cutting jobs is not your permanent solution. if you continue to cut jobs, someday this angry jobless people will cut your live! you are not helping the economy by so doing.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by dahmie2013: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Here is the reason...

Unlike before whereby a bank marketer will meet his/her target through the lodgment unscrupulously stolen from public treasury, the chip is down: no more collaboration to loot the public money in collaboration with yeye politicians PDP again.

Now, marketers would sooner or later be forced to go out and look for private investors/organizations who will borrow money from them so that they can meet their target. Inability to meet this target will lead to summary dismissal.

The ineffectual buffon and his entourage of looters really milk this country dry: don't worry, bank marketers will soon reach your doorstep begging you to take a loan from them just to meet their target.

Thanks! Dat means some staff will be redundant, hence dey have to down size.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
Sai Buhari
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by miky2002(m): 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
shamecurls:
It will hit the contract staffs first coz they re easier to dispose
Na lie, D direct staff will go for it first before contract staff, contract staff are just like zombE... They can't go on strike, they can't talk unless they ask them to talk...

Modernized slavery
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by shamecurls(m): 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2016
miky2002:

How many full staffs do you have in an average Banking hall?

I can tell you that they re less than 7 at most. Excluding there major branches
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by omoiseselagba: 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
Darayola:

In case you don't know, all firstbank's branch secretary, all area Managers and all regional managers are gone already.
Now, the bank's recruitments concentrates more on the contract staffs. Very soon, sometime this year, the only core/permanent staff in all FirstBank branch won't be more than 3 (The BSM, HLS and the Head Cash) others will be contract staffs. (Note: only for those in operations department)
YOU MUST HAVE WORKED WITH THE BANK BEFORE OR STILL WITH THEM.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / 3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.