Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 AM

First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers (22104 Views)

"Boss' Wife Told Me To Send Their Maid Out. Boss To Sack Me If I Can't" - Man / FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by chuksmad(m): 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

Here is the reason...

Unlike before whereby a bank marketer will meet his/her target through the lodgment unscrupulously stolen from public treasury, the chip is down: no more collaboration to loot the public money in collaboration with yeye politicians PDP again.

Now, marketers would sooner or later be forced to go out and look for private investors/organizations who will borrow money from them so that they can meet their target. Inability to meet this target will lead to summary dismissal.

The ineffectual buffon and his entourage of looters really milk this country dry: don't worry, bank marketers will soon reach your doorstep begging you to take a loan from them just to meet their target.

I don't know why some people reason, how does this your ranting improve the welfare of Nigerians, instead it is suffering. Isn't it better your so call "ineffectual buffon" method that put food on the table of bread winners is far better than what we are experiencing now (mass sacking of Nigerians). Do u like suffering so much to support bad policies
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Omojudy: 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ahzyz:
Thanks God i be civil servant
Civil servants need to think outside the box more. There is a lot you can do with the free time and other benefits civil service comes with. One is to prepare for the raining day before clouds even arise.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Omonigeriarere: 5:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
chuksmad:

[s]I don't know why some people reason, how does this your ranting improve the welfare of Nigerians, instead it is suffering. Isn't it better your so call "ineffectual buffon" method that put food on the table of bread winners is far better than what we are experiencing now (mass sacking of Nigerians). Do u like suffering so much to support bad policies
[/s]

Do you think private organizations and public ones are the same when it comes to cost control? I have worked in both and I can tell you irrevocably that there is no room for 'irrelevances' in private sector as compared to public ones.

Retrenchment is not a new thing in business world: if not because of the fact that employment in public sector enjoys statutory clause, the ineffectual buffon would have preferred it instead of having the record of 'most deadliest strike among University Lecturers in Nigeria'.

Check your record and stop reasoning primitively.

1 Like

Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by mikolo80: 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
magicfingers009:
Every time companies want to cut cost / reduce expense, the first place they look at on their P & L is Staff Expense.

I hope the sacking would start from the top (GM to SM cadre)

But those ogas would find a way to push the Tsunami on junior staff which would have minimal effect in reducing the bank's expense.

For three years now, First Bank has refused to pay me my dividend.
and you're still holding the shares?
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Seun360(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
Make dem sack mbok.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Always first move to sack workers. I'm sure they won't reduce the ogas outrageous salaries and bonuses though, the company can always afford those expenses.
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by eluquenson(m): 12:02am On Apr 30, 2016
This isnt a good news to the employees oh
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by zomoears(m): 5:21am On Apr 30, 2016
lifezone247:
A source within the bank confirmed to Vanguard saying, “It is not that we plan to sack 1000 staff at a go. It was part of the measures taken last year to enhance the profitability of the bank. So the pruning will be gradual and it started last year”.
Planing not to sack at a go or not, sack na sack. But 1000? That's too much abeg.

Just look up my post, you will knw how far undecided

The strategies include not replacing when there is an exit, reduction of sizes of units, staff redeployment and realignment. It has been going on since last year. No cause for alarm
Re: First Bank To Sack 1000 Workers by mindtricks: 9:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Welcome development. APC is really changing things,kudos guys

Sad. Still dificult to imagine this being the best the presumed best amongst us, Buhari can offer us.

Sad, many think these are still results of govts steps in the right direction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader / What Does The Future Hold For Metallurgy And Materials Engineering Students??? / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.