Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London (72965 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
grandstar:

How many Ghanians or Malians does the Nigerian police have

Free them jare!

Steady on! Should Malians and Ghanaians give birth in Nigeria, those children are Nigerians, so you can`t treat them as foreigners.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by lozanni(m): 9:41pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

Some can send £1000 home each month to thier savings gs account. In today's money that's N450,0000
These are not top earners.I ha e to small us here like that.they work in construction. Thier target is 5 yrs then rtn bck 9ja.

Na erico the surulere party goer bi this?

How I go take get that construction job?
Please tell me.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
lozanni:

Na erico the surulere party goer bi this?

How I go take get that construction job?
Please tell me.
aha guy U funy, but on a serious note you need to try and get passes, ie go o n training angry
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by grandstar(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2016
gidikay:

Go get ur facts right. Dunno about Yankee but in Canada, Yorubas r more than the Igbos... Living legally, more skilled.
igbos love Germany
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by lozanni(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

aha guy U funy, but on a serious note you need to try and get passes, ie go o n training angry

Alright thanks.
Pls can you educate me on the type of training available?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by grandstar(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2016
erico2k2:

I say again carry talk is cheap, I swear,una go just buy MB charge fone with gen begin type craaap
Picture below is where you claim they suffer abi??
Basildon is for the lower classes
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

The article is misleading in many ways. It`s true that Nigerians do menial jobs, but that is just one side of the story. Whether it`s in law, medicine and broadcasting, Nigerians are well represented; so is not just about shop assistants and security guards. Oh yes, Yoruba would be about 70% of the Nigerians in London if not more than that. To be fair to the British, they need to be tough on immigration because everybody wants to be in London, partly because of the language, but mostly for economic reasons. But the most important reason is the hype and propaganda. I have always believed that your European journey is incomplete until you`ve been to London. I can say without any fear of contradiction that it`s the most un-equal society in Western Europe when you compare and contrast the standard of living with other EU countries. The poor mostly live in one area while the rich are concentrated in another, even if not exclusively so. Then whatever you buy in London, and I mean virtually everything, is going to be twice the price paid in the rest of Europe, apart from Switzerland. And oh, pest-infested flats are not difficult to come by so are the ones with leaking roofs. Looking for something decent would mean that almost 70% of your wages would be going on housing. Don`t panic, their Prime Minister has one house he is renting out in Notting Hill, just be ready to pay him £1,800 per week, while your salary is likely to be less than £1000 per month. There is no country in Western Europe that would have a Chief Executive that is collecting salaries 128 times that of his/her average staff, but that is the case with most of the FTSE 100 companies in the City.
All in all, it`s a country worth visiting; because it helps you to know what leadership is all about.

You say the average pay for a CEO in England is 124 times that of the employee? That's nothing. Here in the US, CEOs, on average, are paid 300 times the wages of the mid-level employee

3 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by huntax(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2016
worry359:
If you added some spaces and paragraphs to break it down people could read it!

Too much cramped in together, hurts the eyes to try to read it. angry
How do you read voluminous textbooks? Hope you are a mathematician sha
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by MosquitoLaps(m): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
Realman87:

Most people don't know. Canada and netherlands are Worst for immigrants. I just laugh when people say Canada is better. Go to Canada and regret your life.
See what I was saying earlier?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ferpozie(m): 10:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

The article is misleading in many ways. It`s true that Nigerians do menial jobs, but that is just one side of the story. Whether it`s in law, medicine and broadcasting, Nigerians are well represented; so is not just about shop assistants and security guards. Oh yes, Yoruba would be about 70% of the Nigerians in London if not more than that. To be fair to the British, they need to be tough on immigration because everybody wants to be in London, partly because of the language, but mostly for economic reasons. But the most important reason is the hype and propaganda. I have always believed that your European journey is incomplete until you`ve been to London. I can say without any fear of contradiction that it`s the most un-equal society in Western Europe when you compare and contrast the standard of living with other EU countries. The poor mostly live in one area while the rich are concentrated in another, even if not exclusively so. Then whatever you buy in London, and I mean virtually everything, is going to be twice the price paid in the rest of Europe, apart from Switzerland. And oh, pest-infested flats are not difficult to come by so are the ones with leaking roofs. Looking for something decent would mean that almost 70% of your wages would be going on housing. Don`t panic, their Prime Minister has one house he is renting out in Notting Hill, just be ready to pay him £1,800 per week, while your salary is likely to be less than £1000 per month. There is no country in Western Europe that would have a Chief Executive that is collecting salaries 128 times that of his/her average staff, but that is the case with most of the FTSE 100 companies in the City.
All in all, it`s a country worth visiting; because it helps you to know what leadership is all about.

@ATERI, what do you think of Saudis and Arabs buying up properties and renting them out to people? Is it helpful?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
lozanni:

Alright thanks.
Pls can you educate me on the type of training available?
Guy E plenty but for starters, you can do your research on line as i ain't in that field.but I k now you need training and certification for those jobs.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by bayocanny: 11:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience(s)

Is Canada easier going through an agent.

I also would like to know how easy it is to transfer to a US uni from Canada (going for nursing)

My love for the states is indescribable Lol
Thanks a lot
Just to save you from those agent of darkness, go through this thread you will see a lot of information there regards to Canada
I wish you the best
www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
ferpozie:

@ATERI, what do you think of Saudis and Arabs buying up properties and renting them out to people? Is it helpful?

To be honest with you, the houses those guys are buying are mostly in Knightsbridge area, so they don`t bother the common man. Don`t forget that most of them buy those property in collaboration with London political elites; they rarely buy without local partners.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ferpozie(m): 11:12pm On Apr 29, 2016
ATERI:

To be honest with you, the houses those guys are buying are mostly in Knightsbridge area, so they don`t bother the common man. Don`t forget that most of them buy those property in collaboration with London political elites; they rarely buy without local partners.

Ok but generally do you think people who invested in some of the estates in Nigeria can afford some of the areas for investment purposes for the long run?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
CFCman:

You say the average pay for a CEO in England is 124 times that of the employee? That's nothing. Here in the US, CEOs, on average, are paid 300 times the wages of the mid-level employee

Once you get to America, that is another kettle of fish entirely. You know I was comparing London with the rest of Europe. One of the reasons why London power elites feel uncomfortable with the EU is that the European Union is the only obstacle stopping them from becoming America. I described the two of them as an apartheid society, but the degree still varies. But the way things are going, it won`t be long before London catches up with America. London graduates now leave school with over £40,000 debts on their necks, so sooner or later London would catch up.

2 Likes

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by myinvest: 11:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
justwise:
Peckham in North London? Who wrote this joke of an article?

check out the rent self. you just have to smile.. the guy doesn't know jack about what he is writting
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 11:58pm On Apr 29, 2016
ferpozie:

Ok but generally do you think people who invested in some of the estates in Nigeria can afford some of the areas for investment purposes for the long run?

Oh absolutely!! Russians and Nigerians are very much present in Knightsbridge. I mention Knightsbridge because that is the most popular place for Arab billionaires along with Kessington and Chelsea as well as Fulham-these are some of the most expensive areas in London. But if you are not a miliionaire you can move away from zone 1 to other zones, zone 3 or 4 for instance. So the further you go the cheaper. Your bank balance determines where you invest.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by mikolo80: 12:28am On Apr 30, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
That's why USA is the only country in the world.

Here in America, no one cares if you're an illegal immigrant, you will still get a job (some type of job), you kids will still go to school for free.

You can be living illegally in the USA for 100 years, no one cares, the police will not ask you to show your papers, but don't commit any crime because that's what will get you deported.

God bless America
guy abeg how do you get job without social security in USA.especially for women
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by mikolo80: 12:30am On Apr 30, 2016
so. you won't pay rent out of the 200 per month ba. na wa for our education o
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 1:42am On Apr 30, 2016
bayocanny:

Just to save you from those agent of darkness, go through this thread you will see a lot of information there regards to Canada
I wish you the best
www.nairaland.com/3024188/travelling-canada-part-10

Thanks a lot
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by mikolo80: 1:49am On Apr 30, 2016
soleexx:
Who cares about London or pecham...United Of America! land of opportunity and peace...no cops got time to chase you around for ur uncompleted document...people without papers can live 50+years in US if you don't commit stupid crime...to be honest when u got no proper doc better job may be hard to get...but minor jobs are so many...which are mostly security jobs...$19-30 per hour...and u work for maximum 5hours in a day...if you planning to relocate pls try US...and God will assist you.
what about social security
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by RichYoungNigger(m): 3:13am On Apr 30, 2016
mikolo80:
guy abeg how do you get job without social security in USA.especially for women

Why won't you get a social security ?? Are you a tourist ??
Only tourists are the people who don't get social security cards.

Especially a woman ?? What does that mean ?? America is not sexist.
Are women not human ??
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by bakynes(m): 3:24am On Apr 30, 2016
fittty:

How? undecided Visiting visas is self explanatory. You CANNOT work with it.
I dont mean it dat way, i mean can i get companies that will be ready to process a work permit as a sponsor for me while on visiting visa over there. I know u cant work with visiting visa it is always stated on the visa.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by maternal: 3:34am On Apr 30, 2016
The UK is over populated. Why do people go there ? Honest question.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by maternal: 5:08am On Apr 30, 2016
Realman87:

Most people don't know. Canada and netherlands are Worst for immigrants. I just laugh when people say Canada is better. Go to Canada and regret your life.

Years in and been doing well.

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by mikolo80: 6:14am On Apr 30, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Why won't you get a social security ?? Are you a tourist ??
Only tourists are the people who don't get social security cards.

Especially a woman ?? What does that mean ?? America is not sexist.
Are women not human ??
shes an illegal immigrant. you said anybody can get job in America. I need to advise d person.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 6:39am On Apr 30, 2016
mikolo80:
what about social security
you don't need it?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by mikolo80: 6:40am On Apr 30, 2016
OlayinkaFawaz:
you don't need it?
most jobs ask for it or work authorisation

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria. / Peckham: The Ajegunle Of London / Two Airplanes Collide At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.