Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,944 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:59 AM

1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation (710 Views)

1 John 5: 7-8 A Spurious Reference To The Trinity? / How To Understand John 5:19 / 1 John 5:7 : The Real Story! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Molake94(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
I have seen post where people say: we should not make God the Father; God the Son; And God the Holy Spirit as one

Then pls I need more Understanding on 1 john 5:7 which says

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the
Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these
three are one.
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Scholar8200(m): 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
The verse has explained itself bro. Let God be true and all men (especially dissenters) liars!

1 Like

Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by promise101: 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
Molake94:
I have seen post where people say: we should not make God the Father; God the Son; And God the Holy Spirit as one

three are one.
People who tell you that are people who have no knowledge of Jesus and the scriptures.

The father, Jesus(word- john 1:14) and the holyspirit are ONE.

I know that the case of trinity has been a confused case to so many people, but looking at it from all angles of the scriptures you will discover that it is very simple to understand.

Now, to start with this, you have to know, that "The father", "Son" and "The holyspirit" are CONCEPTS OF REDEMPTION. They are not different personalities, they are one person REVEALING himself in these different ways, and the ONLY purpose for revealing himself in this way is for the purpose of man's redemption.

If there was no need for redemption, there wouldn't be the MANIFESTATION of anything like Jesus or holspirit, but it doesn't mean that they started to exist at the time of their manifestation. No, they were GOD as ONE in the beginning.

Now, I will used the below example to explain to you better.

1. I am God(just an example)

2. Before I created the world, I, God was a spirit, the Jesus and the holyspirit which you know now, were also a spirit with me, with no flesh, not visible, not restricted to a place(we were everywhere). We all existed THEN AS ONE SPIRIT.

3. At the time of creation, when I said "Come let us make man in our own image." I wasn't calling different persons, because the I, Jesus and the holyspirit you know now, were ONE spirit and not a human being and beside I haven't created anybody. I was calling my ENTIRE SPIRIT IN CONCENTRATION.

4 Before I created the world I never intended to take myself out of myself, in the person of the Jesus and the holy spirit you know.

5. Finally, the reason why I had to take myself out of myself(a spirit), was because of man's redemption.

6. I created man and gave man the dominion over the earth and it's inhabitants,(I gave all to them, not having any because I wanted them to take care of it all and not me taking care of the earth) but the devil deceived them, which made them to disobey me. And through them damnation came into humanity.

7. And because of that, nobody had what it will take to deliver others from damnation, because the person has to deliver himself first, before delivering others.

8. And for the person to deliver himself he has to pay for the wages of his OWN ETERNAL SiNS FIRST, which is ETERNAL DEATH IN HELL. No way!

9. Now, I coming by myself, was the only way to help my people.

9. And because of that, I decided to take my self out of MYSELF, by making an incarnate son of myself, which you now know as the person of Jesus. See john 1:1 and 14.

10. The incarnate son of myself which I made to be born with no sexual consent, and was as well made in a SINLESS nature, was PART of me but in flesh, that was just a way to help you(mankind) by laying on my flesh the ETERNTAL SINS of the whole world of ETERNITY, and taking it's ETERNAL punishment COMPRESSED IN 3 DAYS(time). Why? Because I am an ETERNAL BEING.

11 And when the incarnate son of myself was in flesh, I was still one with that incarnate son of myself, because without him I am INCOMPLETE, because he WAS IN ME as ONE until the need of man's REDEMPTION came, which in other words means, that without the incarnate son of myself(flesh), I am powerless to save man from their eternal damnation. Because the case of redemption was a LEGAL case where JUSTICE is considered, ALL in order. And the rule for the justice is this; "MAN , THROUGH SIN(adam) LOST THE DOMINION, MAN WITH A SINLESS NATURE, BUT DYING FOR THE SINS OF OTHERS, RECOVERS THE DOMINION FOR ALL". I needed to come in a sinless nature so that I wouldn't be under the captivity of the devil(because I am his creator) and as such, wouldn't be any need to deliver myself first before delivering others, otherwise messes up the whole way.

12. Does it mean that I can't deliver man by any other means? No, not that, because I am the almighty.

13. I am a God of JUSTICE. And I playing injustice is a disappointment to my personality. And the only way to play Justice is to make a SINLESS man out of myself, who will take the punishment of the eternal sins of other(because I am an eternal being). Therefore, restoring the dominion to humanity, because I have been punished for anything(eternal sin) that will make their dominion to be taken away from them by the devil

14. And it worked!

15. But why do I have to go all this way to save them, disregarding my personality? Because, I really LOVE them SO MUCH, and to prove it I had to save them AT ALL COST.

16. When Jesus(my son) was about to go, he promised the holyspirit to come. And that was also me. In the book of john, I told you through my incarnate son of myself the need for the holyspirit to come, so that he can dwell with you FOREVER.

WE ARE ONE, REVEALED IN DIFFERENT DIMENSION!!!!!!
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Jozzy4: 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2016
Molake94:

three are one.

this can further enlighten you.

1 John 5:7 NLT reads " so we have these three witnesses"

But:

*** footnote: [size=25] A few very late manuscripts add [/size] in heaven—the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. And we have three witnesses on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Molake94(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Thank You All.... Some people re just being Hypocrite....
Thanks A bunch to U all that contributed
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Mar 25
Molake94:
Then pls I need more Understanding on 1 john 5:7 which says For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
All three of them are one means they are all of one accord --- agreement. undecided
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Emusan(m): 8:44pm On Mar 25
Kobojunkie:
All three of them are one means they are all of one accord --- agreement. undecided

Yes! But the main objection to that verse is actually THE HOLY SPIRIT because it's evident that The Holy Spirit must be a Person since He witnessed with the Father and The Word. Other objection is placing them together.

Though other scriptures still affirmed the Person of the Holy Spirit, without that verse.
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Mar 25
Emusan:
∆ Yes! But the main objection to that verse is actually THE HOLY SPIRIT because it's evident that The Holy Spirit must be a Person since He witnessed with the Father and The Word. Other objection is placing them together.

Though other scriptures still affirmed the Person of the Holy Spirit, without that verse.
1. Humans understand even Satan, equally a spirit, to be a kind of individual or person. So how can perceiving the Holy Spirit of God in similar fashion be of issue? undecided
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Emusan(m): 9:06am On Mar 26
Kobojunkie:
1. Humans understand even Satan, equally a spirit, to be a kind of individual or person. So how can perceiving the Holy Spirit of God in similar fashion be of issue? undecided

It's an issue to them because Holy Spirit must not be seen as a person to dismiss the Trinity claim just as it's an issue with you with your numerous false teachings here.
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Kobojunkie: 1:21pm On Mar 26
Emusan:
@∆ t's an issue to them because Holy Spirit must not be seen as a person to dismiss the Trinity claim just as it's an issue with you with your numerous false teachings here.
Anyways, Jesus Christ did not describe a trinity. Rather z He differentiated Himself from His Father and the one who is the Spirit of Truth, even as He continually emphasized their oneness - being of accord/agreement. undecided
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Emusan(m): 2:34pm On Mar 26
Kobojunkie:
Anyways, Jesus Christ did not describe a trinity.

No one says He does.

Rather z He differentiated Himself from His Father and the one who is the Spirit of Truth, even as He continually emphasized their oneness - being of accord/agreement. undecided

Still the same point above.

The emphasis is on 1 John 5:7 as it makes Holy Spirit to be a person.

Do you understand that?
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Mar 26
Emusan:
No one says He does. Still the same point above. The emphasis is on 1 John 5:7 as it makes Holy Spirit to be a person. Do you understand that?
Jesus Christ, in His Gospel, described the Holy Spirit who is also known as the Spirit of Truth as having a will of His own - John 14 vs 25-26 & John 15 vs 26-27 & John 16 vs 4-16 - much like persons do. undecided
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Emusan(m): 2:41pm On Mar 26
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, in His Gospel, described the Holy Spirit who is also known as the Spirit of Truth as having a will of His own - John 14 vs 25-26 & John 15 vs 26-27 & John 16 vs 4-16 - much like persons do. undecided

Absolutely!

That means you agreed with Jesus that Holy Spirit is a person!
Re: 1 John 5:7. I Need Explanation by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Mar 26
Emusan:
Absolutely! That means you agreed with Jesus that Holy Spirit is a person!
I always agree with Jesus Christ given that He is the King, Judge, Jury, and executioner— the absolute power and standard —in the Kingdom of God. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/05/16 / Brief Clarification On Atheism, Agnosticism And Beliefs / What Are Our Churches Turning Into Nowadays (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.