Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,053 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:07 AM

Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness (48949 Views)

Oba Of Benin's Curse: Italy-Based Human Trafficker Dies, 2 Robbers Die In Sleep / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by macof(m): 5:51pm On Apr 30, 2016
dominion001:
who ancestors epp

ancestors epp you and everyone else. ..cus without ancestors we cannot even exist

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by macof(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
and they compare this great man to ommi of ife way like bribe undecided

truthfully Oba Erediuwa was such a better traditional ruler than Oba Sijuwade or any other in Nigeria but when we talk of the thrones - Ooni and Omo n'Oba, the Ooni is greater
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by dominion001(m): 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2016
macof:

ancestors epp you and everyone else. ..cus without ancestors we cannot even exist
who ar d we? I reject u and ur ancetors. My life is hiding in christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by macof(m): 6:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
dominion001:

grin grin

forget my ancestors...concentrate on knowing your own ancestors

Jesus or no Jesus. ... your own fathers are still your fathers

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Niyinficient(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
Artistree:

My friend, will you keep kwayet!grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;

grin grin grin grin yes ma'am! Am quiet lipsrsealed cheesy grin
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
Just incase any revisionist wants to start.

Oh and let's see if the Bini will reach out to us for approval like they have always done but I won't be surprised if they don't considering they no longer bury parts of their dead Obas here anymore; we'll see.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by dominion001(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2016
macof:

grin grin

forget my ancestors...concentrate on knowing your own ancestors

Jesus or no Jesus. ... your own fathers are still your fathers
i never denied my fathers/ancestors but saying i will not be existing without dem is laughable and a lie from d pit of hell.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 30, 2016
dominion001:
i never denied my fathers/ancestors but saying i will not be existing without dem is laughable and a lie from d pit of hell.

How would you have come into existence if your forefathers never existed or procreated?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by macof(m): 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
dominion001:

do you even know what you are saying?

how can your children exist without you? na wa for all this dead jew worshippers o

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2016
macof:

do you even know what you are saying?

how can your children exist without you? na wa for all this dead jew worshippers o

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You just exposed their make up.

They have a mind but can not think.

Situation sits in front of them yet they fail to apply logic.

Their entire world that has nothing to do with spiritual revolves around the dead Jew. cheesy grin

See as e run deny him ancestors, they're prolly rolling in their graves right now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by EuroBeam: 10:50am On May 01, 2016
I barely understood here that artificial civilization imposed on US as widely taken over our own consciousness. My brother,if you can prove yourself a citizen of Nigeria or anywhere in the world,YOU definitely an alien.
dominion001:
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 3:10pm On May 01, 2016
HannibalXVI:

I wonder when these barbaric things will stop.

Kindly explain the barbarism please....
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 3:15pm On May 01, 2016
focus7:
Did he just die? Benin palace is hypocritical, forming to be upholding tradition and they have put their dead king in the ice for over three months and they buried him with modern casket not planks.

May you have sense...

What has tradition got to do with modern casket..

What is modern in casket...? Is it the casket built as ferrari, boat or flat screen TV...?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 3:21pm On May 01, 2016
j1mmy:
another useless traditional chief whose role should be converted to elected position of Mayor of Benin.
A waste of public money and a reminder of backward and primitive customs

Take your inferiority complex and slit your throat... Even a used condom has more value than your life.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by j1mmy: 3:31pm On May 01, 2016
GooseBaba:

Take your inferiority complex and slit your throat... Even a used condom has more value than your life.. undecided

No truly, what is the role of Oba of Benin other than bush-tradition-ruler of city where pro-s-titutes are born before they are shipped to Italy and other places.

Oba of opio city

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 3:46pm On May 01, 2016
j1mmy:

No truly, what is the role of Oba of Benin other than bush-tradition-ruler of city where pro-s-titutes are born before they are shipped to Italy and other places.

Oba of opio city

So judging the throne by this acts makes sense to you.

Think man...before the quagmire imposed on us in the name "Nigeria"..where the people of the so called bush traditional ruler traveling abroad for prostitution..?

The Oba preserves the history and legacies of those before him, Just as the queen of England. Is the queen of england responsible for the act of terrorism carried out by her citizens..?

Expand your thoughts process, try and gather your thoughts. It will help if you study your history objectively.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by EuroBeam: 3:51pm On May 01, 2016
A brother here earlier in his own statement rasclat over my people. Keep in his mind,that he belong to Jesus,and tradition is nothing. Here is another brother condemning our culture. Do anyone among you know the difference Tradition and Civilization?. My brothers make una dey control una mouth at times. Eduction plus civilization doesn't make us long older than out parents. Remember this phrase :B4 Abraham,Men don dey exist.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Chukazu: 4:46pm On May 01, 2016
einsteino:

Try and learn. This is coronation as Edaikehen N'uselu not Oba. In benin tradition, the crown prince must first be initiated into the royal family as Uko N'Iwebo after a 7 day rites(this happened last year october), after that he has to wait for the oba to order he be crowned Edaikhen N'uselu i.e ruler of uselu(a domain of benin), that is the highest rank before he would be crowned oba after the burial of his father. What you witnessed like everybody else that day was coronation of the crown prince as Edaikhen n'uselu. The procession started from the oba palace to emotan shrine and other shrines down to edaikhen palace at uselu.

Coronation of Oba of Benin is such a big deal, what you witnessed is child's play compared to it. The obaship rites last a very long time and starts outside the city in far away Benin villages.

so why coronet, when the old one is still alive?
is the crown prince not meant to replace the Oba? so they crown him to be doing what?
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by focus7: 4:51pm On May 01, 2016
GooseBaba:

May you have sense...

What has tradition got to do with modern casket..

What is modern in casket...? Is it the casket built as ferrari, boat or flat screen TV...?

What about the ice, why didn't ou respond to that or icing part of Benin tradition? As for the casket thing, ask your elders if they will be honest to you, Benin tradition don't use designer casket.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by EuroBeam: 4:57pm On May 01, 2016
When an indigenous speak;so quick to distinguish them. I know my BINI's here.
GooseBaba:

So judging the throne by this acts makes sense to you.

Think man...before the quagmire imposed on us in the name "Nigeria"..where the people of the so called bush traditional ruler traveling abroad for prostitution..?

The Oba preserves the history and legacies of those before him, Just as the queen of England. Is the queen of england responsible for the act of terrorism carried out by her citizens..?

Expand your thoughts process, try and gather your thoughts. It will help if you study your history objectively.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 5:22pm On May 01, 2016
focus7:
What about the ice, why didn't ou respond to that or icing part of Benin tradition? As for the casket thing, ask your elders if they will be honest to you, Benin tradition don't use designer casket.

Lmao..... What about ice....?, how does that correlate with tradition. Before ice corpse were embalmed. Or are you saying traditional practice should ignore new discoveries or technology. Or traditionalist should not use it because they did not invent it...

First and foremost who creates tradition? Tradition is not absolute. It can be amended or discarded by the ruling class. If this Oba wants designers casket, guess what he just amended the traditions.

You need to stop using your indoctrinated prejudices to peddle false information on native tradition.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
EuroBeam:
When an indigenous speak;so quick to distinguish them. I know my BINI's here.

Bros, we dey O. na...me na Urhobo guy man.. grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by EuroBeam: 5:39pm On May 01, 2016
We be one my boss
GooseBaba:

Bros, we dey O. na...me na Urhobo guy man.. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by einsteino(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2016
Chukazu:

so why coronet, when the old one is still alive?
is the crown prince not meant to replace the Oba? so they crown him to be doing what?

They coronate him as Edaikhen of Uselu not Oba of Benin. It is an age long tradition of the binis, started during the reign of Oba Ewuare in 1440. The Binis stick to every detail of their tradition, an oba doesnt find himself accidentally on the throne in benin, you are taught to lead and have several stages you must pass, becoming Edaikhen N'Uselu is one of them.. Uselu is a part of benin kingdom, this is where Uniben and UBTH is, the Edaikhen has a palace there where he resides until the death of his father. He equally has his own set of chiefs and an administration that is replica of what the oba has, in Uselu he is groomed in the act of governance and is lord over that domain and is only answerable to his father.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by focus7: 7:04pm On May 01, 2016
GooseBaba:

Lmao..... What about ice....?, how does that correlate with tradition. Before ice corpse were embalmed. Or are you saying traditional practice should ignore new discoveries or technology. Or traditionalist should not use it because they did not invent it...

First and foremost who creates tradition? Tradition is not absolute. It can be amended or discarded by the ruling class. If this Oba wants designers casket, guess what he just amended the traditions.

You need to stop using your indoctrinated prejudices to peddle false information on native tradition.
Is obvious you don't know where am coming from with my views. Some Benin guys once came here to condemn kings from other place to be patronising modernisation and upholding traditions and how Benin monarch is the only one upholding tradition.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 11:31pm On May 01, 2016
focus7:
Is obvious you don't know where am coming from with my views. Some Benin guys once came here to condemn kings from other place to be patronising modernisation and upholding traditions and how Benin monarch is the only one upholding tradition.

Okay I got you... But you should also know that there are always fanatics in every gathering/society. But mainstream followers always defines the group.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Ubenedictus(m): 12:18am On May 02, 2016
Businessideas:

Historically,The heads of his predecessors Oba of Benin are buried in ile Ife but judging by the last pronouncement of the current Ooni,this particular Oba may be "rejected " even if it is attempted perhaps until the controversy raised by him is settled.We are watching and learning.
This is another lie, the corpse of d previous obas are in benin, they dont send any heads to ife, oba akensua's head never went to ife. ur people have lied again.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Ubenedictus(m): 12:30am On May 02, 2016
9jacrip:
Just incase any revisionist wants to start.

Oh and let's see if the Bini will reach out to us for approval like they have always done but I won't be surprised if they don't considering they no longer bury parts of their dead Obas here anymore; we'll see.
They never buried anything there before. dont allow sumbody deceive u.
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Businessideas: 8:57am On May 02, 2016
Ubenedictus:
This is another lie, the corpse of d previous obas are in benin, they dont send any heads to ife, oba akensua's head never went to ife. ur people have lied again.

Go to Ile Ife and see the sacred place.It wasn't built today and predated even Oba Akenzua.What is the fun in building and maintaining ancient structure for a such purpose if it's not important?You can believe anything for as long as you are alive, it's your right but facts settled in history don't lie.And like Ooni said, if you don't want to associate with Yoruba, it still doesn't change the history.
Just like the picture of the Oba of Benin going as far as a stadium to welcome the Queen of England and bending almost half while greeting her was released to proof that it's a big lie that Obas of Benin don't go out of the palace or bend over to anyone.
One thing you've not bothered to get is that someone released that picture to the public and the picture is a subtle attempt to burst the lies or twisting of facts.Is it a coincidence that it was released when a new Oba of Benin was being installed? And many more will probably be released.
Benin royal family is of Yoruba extraction.Probably not the Benin proletariat but the Benin Royal family bouguise is.And the Oba of Benin is Yoruba and every Yoruba is under the Ooni.Imagine the Yoruba now coming out to deny that the mother of Sango is no longer Nupe.They will struggle with it like some Binis who don't know history are struggling to twist history.In life, if you say a lie, you will need 10 lies to cover it.
If you have any superior facts to prove the Yoruba camp wrong,please bring it sir.I am eager to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Ubenedictus(m): 11:33am On May 09, 2016
Businessideas:

Go to Ile Ife and see the sacred place.It wasn't built today and predated even Oba Akenzua.What is the fun in building and maintaining ancient structure for a such purpose if it's not important?You can believe anything for as long as you are alive, it's your right but facts settled in history don't lie.And like Ooni said, if you don't want to associate with Yoruba, it still doesn't change the history.
Just like the picture of the Oba of Benin going as far as a stadium to welcome the Queen of England and bending almost half while greeting her was released to proof that it's a big lie that Obas of Benin don't go out of the palace or bend over to anyone.
One thing you've not bothered to get is that someone released that picture to the public and the picture is a subtle attempt to burst the lies or twisting of facts.Is it a coincidence that it was released when a new Oba of Benin was being installed? And many more will probably be released.
Benin royal family is of Yoruba extraction.Probably not the Benin proletariat but the Benin Royal family bouguise is.And the Oba of Benin is Yoruba and every Yoruba is under the Ooni.Imagine the Yoruba now coming out to deny that the mother of Sango is no longer Nupe.They will struggle with it like some Binis who don't know history are struggling to twist history.In life, if you say a lie, you will need 10 lies to cover it.
If you have any superior facts to prove the Yoruba camp wrong,please bring it sir.I am eager to learn.
did u dig d place a find head there? Did science confirm the heads are d ones of a bini monarch? So how do u prove that there are indeed heads there and the head if there isnt fromm some yoruba village with an ado prefix or ssuffix?

That picture isnt even newly released it has been in nairaland since 2013, nothing new there, the oba of beni leaves the palace sommetimes in ancient times d obas sometimes went for war, in recent times obas go on visits. There is noting new there it happens but it is rare, the photo is one of those rare occasions.

The oba of bini is alsso clear that is ancestry is purely bini, it is yoruba kings who dont know that oduduwa wass a bini prince thus the whole yoruba kingship is bini.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2016
The comment I quoted mentions sacrifice which we all know is of human beings
GooseBaba:

Kindly explain the barbarism please....
Re: Oba Of Benin - Erediauwa Akpolokpolo I - Dies Of Unknown Illness by GooseBaba: 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
HannibalXVI:
The comment I quoted mentions sacrifice which we all know is of human beings

"We all know ..!!! shocked shocked fallacy of the highest order...! have you observed a human sacrificial ritual before? If no, how do you know.? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yoruba Words And Phrases That Has Gone Global!!(interesting) / Queen Aanu Gives Birth To Twins, Alaafin Of Oyo's 3rd Set Of Twins In 8 Months / Before You Marry A Fulani Lady: 3 Important Things To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.