Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. (1843 Views)

Opinion (reviews) From Gionee A1 Lite Users / Gionee Phones Vs Xiaomi Phones / Ulefone Power Vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime Which Do I Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by akagson: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
I have been saving to get a really high end phone to replace this one I've been using for almost 3 yrs.
I have things I look out for in a phone: RAM (at least, 2GB) , processor (that is how speedily the phone responds) , and camera.

These three features being my major concern + all other necessities.

Throughout my research about phones, I have shortlisted these two brands Gionee and Xiaomi.
I heard they are badass. Now make una help me choose, fellow users, which one is the better option.

The phone should be moderately sized — say 5inch display — and takes really, really sweet CLEAR and CRISP pictures. I've seen phones of 5MP take clearer pics than phones of 8MP. So this MP thing can be misleading at times. That's why I'm very particular about user testimonies.

Then the other important factor again is a phone that is quite fast, responsive, does not unnecessarily hang, can handle running demanding apps, etc.

In addition to these two above aforementioned qualities, other qualities that would also make enjoy the phone. I need a phone I can count on for the next 2-3 yrs. As I said, Gionee and Xiaomi are my shortlist, but if you can also testify positively for other phones, name them too. Thanks.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by proffnico(m): 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
I currently use gionee m5. Xiaomi product is more powerful & popular.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by Baadal(m): 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
Gionee devices are really good....tested and confirm but i'v also been reading good reviews about Xiaomi but i doubt if they have customer care support yet
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by funkdr(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
My only drawback for xiaomi phones is Chinese rom palava, I formerly used redmi note 2 until I bought gionee S-plus, which I can comfortable tell you is better in terms of camera and battery.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by kellystech(m): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
funkdr:
My only drawback for xiaomi phones is Chinese rom palava, I formerly used redmi note 2 until I bought gionee S-plus, which I can comfortable tell you is better in terms of camera and battery.
u forgot to mention display quality, get the gionee splus u cnt go wrong

1 Like

Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by akagson: 6:45am On Apr 30, 2016
funkdr:
What do you mean by rom palava?
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by akagson: 6:47am On Apr 30, 2016
Baadal:
Gionee devices are really good....tested and confirm but i'v also been reading good reviews about Xiaomi but i doubt if they have customer care support yet
customer care support, that is for incase the phone gets a problem or something?
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by Baroba(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2016
It all depends on the Gionee and Xiaomi phones you buy, but as an OEM Xiaomi is miles ahead, whether they offer support in Naija na another thing.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by kesses: 8:10am On Apr 30, 2016
The both of them are bleeped up abeg.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by Baadal(m): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2016
akagson:

customer care support, that is for incase the phone gets a problem or something?
yes like calcare(Tecno and Infinix) thats one of the reason ppl are buying these brands
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by starlightRR(m): 10:00am On Apr 30, 2016
funkdr:

Xiaomi rocks
It never lags
Good camera quality
Well for battery its a FHD phone compared to s-plus that's just HD (the screen consumes like 60% of the battery)
ROM palava?.....xiaomi has the best ROMs.....I have used Samsung, tecno and gionee phone but no ROM is compared to miui ROM
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by akagson: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2016
kesses:
The both of them are bleeped up abeg.
So what do you recommend?
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by funkdr(m): 12:49pm On Apr 30, 2016
akagson:

What do you mean by rom palava?
unstable updates that's not necessary.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by funkdr(m): 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
starlightRR:

Xiaomi rocks
It never lags
Good camera quality
Well for battery its a FHD phone compared to s-plus that's just HD (the screen consumes like 60% of the battery)
ROM palava?.....xiaomi has the best ROMs.....I have used Samsung, tecno and gionee phone but no ROM is compared to miui ROM
yes rom palava that regular updates can never be stable and too bulky, at times you need not less than 700mb for just updates.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by starlightRR(m): 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
funkdr:
yes rom palava that regular updates can never be stable and too bulky, at times you need not less than 700mb for just updates.

Then you stick with the stable ROM, its the derv ROM that its been updated weekly

Besides that its not compulsory to update weekly so its advisable to read the changelog ( if you like the updates) before updating
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by funkdr(m): 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
starlightRR:

Then you stick with the stable ROM, its the derv ROM that its been updated weekly

Besides that its not compulsory to update weekly so its advisable to read the changelog ( if you like the updates) before updating
I have no problem with xiaomi, I was even eyeing mi5, but it's too expensive. But since I started using gionee S-plus, total rest of mind.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by jayauthentic(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
I'm a Gionee S plus user... Gionee makes great phones but Xiaomi devices have the edge over Gionee phones at least for now.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by Youngzedd(m): 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2016
If it's not Xiaomi, it will never be like Xiaomi.

Go to Kulimart dot com and get one.
Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by akagson: 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
jayauthentic:
I'm a Gionee S plus user... Gionee makes great phones but Xiaomi devices have the edge over Gionee phones at least for now.
OK. Have you personally handled a Xiaomi phone before? What particular "edge" do you think Xiaomi has over Gionee. What about in camera quality too? Which one do you think takes better pics? Let's say comparing Gionee M5 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Vs Xiaomi: I Need Real Reviews From Users. by jayauthentic(m): 6:08am On May 02, 2016
akagson:

OK. Have you personally handled a Xiaomi phone before? What particular "edge" do you think Xiaomi has over Gionee. What about in camera quality too? Which one do you think takes better pics? Let's say comparing Gionee M5 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.

I'm yet to handle a Xiaomi device, nonetheless a quick Google Search reveals that Xiaomi devices are shipped with better processors when compared the Gionee.

The good of GIONEE: The latest Gionee devices (M5, S plus, etc) have better cameras (both front and back) and great screen quality ( being fitted with Amoled screen).. Gionee devices are better-compatible with Google apps out of the box.
There's more but these are the basics.

(1) (Reply)

Finally,how To Fix Glo 0.0 Free Browsing Speed Problem / (Gift Away) / How To Get Upto 45GB Data For Free Using MYMTN App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.