Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:35 PM

Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole (22365 Views)

Iara Oshiomhole Gets Nigerian Citizenship Alongside 334 Other Foreigners / Don’t Postpone Edo Election, Says Oshiomhole / PDP Says Oshiomhole 'governor Has Failed Edo People' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by ipreach: 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
we hv hard

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by DrHighchief(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rest in peace d great Oba of Benin..
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by mikylon(m): 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
Abeg na which Oga of Benin die again . I know one died last year and now another, abi the Oga of Benin plenty.
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by nickxtra(m): 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
TippyTop:

Ediot governor, using the death of Oba to justify his failed policies.
**** If you know Edo very well, you will understand that Oshiomole came, saw and conquered and took Edo to next level of good governance and development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
TippyTop:

dude seriously, you no dey wise? How does his policies concern the matter at hand?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by Jesusloveyou: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Sijo01:

Stop saying what you know nothing about
did u think,they have stop or change what happen in 1979, or u were not born by then
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
na today wey the oba kpai? cos me i dont understands this osho baba press statement o
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by 1miccza: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
See this fubus Oooo, Oba wey don turn Sand sinceeeeee.... Na in una dey announce naaa.. All d people wey dem use bury am where dem dey
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by HARDDON: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
Igodomigodo

The sound of a passing time
Drawn in the euphoria of a beta land
A washed with wisdom of men long gone
To the waters u mortals must drink
As dimly the light shine over her

Igodomigodo
Hear, the gong clung
Calling from a distance land
To the feast flesh can't taste
The king called

Igodomigodo
Suddenly silence visits the palace
For once the parrot prayed calm
The orator called out in sorrow
Accompanied by d sonority of d flute
My father my Father
The iroko of our motherland
I called thee
The king cud hear d resounding echo
He remembered his people
Made a dash towards d flute
The way he had done in time gone
He came around called to them
Sat by the queen spoke to her
But none cud hear him
Alone against his norm
He wept as he watched them gather
Over his copy so stale
His people so sad
For beyond d Rubicon he's crossed
Still his body lay
Regalled in Royalty
Frailed in mortal fragility
He waved so long

Rest on

Our footprints in the liveS of all we touched while on earth we tread is d only lagacy we live behind

My Quiet Quill

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by Sijo01(f): 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
did u think,they have stop or change what happen in 1979, or u were not born by then

If you witnessed what happened in 1979, have you seen same happened/happening now?

To answer your question, no i was not born then. I'm not sure my dad knew of my mom existence then.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by teewety: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
The body of the late Oba belong to Ife Kingdom. He is a son of Oduduwa. If you doubt me go to Oni palace and see the burial ground of past Obas of Benin
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by Okehjp(m): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
MrWhaley:
Hewu! Na to remain inside school be that o...Town nor go dey safe again.
all necessary rites has been performed there should be no cause for alarm.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by jideflows(m): 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2016
R.I.P TO A GREAT MAN..... YOU WILL NEVER SEE HIM IN GOVT HOUSE OR IN ASO ROCK BEGGING FOR CONTACTS.... YOU HARLDY SEE HIM OUTSIDE HIS PALACE.... YOU ARE INDEED GREAT.. REST IN PEACE... UHROBO KINGS MAKE UNA LEARN.... UNA PALACE NO DEY ASABA GOVT HOUSE....

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by 912(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ever since I was a kid I have always respected the Benin Kingdom because of the way the people hold the oba in high esteem. The respect for the oba is just beyond my understanding. As a young boy growing in the city of Benin I always thought of the oba as an extra ordinary being. And even as I grew up this view didn't change.

The Binis don't question what the oba says. That's just not what you see nowadays where people talk back at their traditional rulers. I can assure u that the average Benin man respects the oba more than the president any time any day.

I'm proud to be an Edo man. Goodbye Omo ñ oba. You have been a blessing to your people. You have preserved the Benin culture the way we wish you would.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by ekhai(m): 10:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=TippyTop post=45158101]

Ediot governor, using the death of Oba to justify his failed policies. [/qu Think well and pay tribute to our great king. Oba gha tor kpere. Ise
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by nelronaldo(m): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
Good bye our king and Great Grandfather.. Oba doesn't die, he has only travelled to join our forefathers.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by nelronaldo(m): 11:02pm On Apr 29, 2016
teewety:
The body of the late Oba belong to Ife Kingdom. He is a son of Oduduwa. If you doubt me go to Oni palace and see the burial ground of past Obas of Benin
Ogbeni stop fooling yourself ee

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by Beeman1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2016
TippyTop:

arne why are u insulting d man

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
may his soul rest in peace, but i wish he was able to repent to change old time tradition of killing innocent soul just to apease his death
Before his death, he said dogs not human heads will be used for his burial rites.... he has changed it.... hope it remains that way...
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by TippyTop(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
Beeman1:
arne why are u insulting d man

He should have left politics alone and just concentrate on eulogising the Oba. There was no need to politicise the oba's death by him recanting his achievements and in the process roping in the Oba.
The Oba was apolitical, that's why he was respected, Oshiomhole should not drag the Oba to ridicule.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by owanedo: 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
TippyTop:

He should have left politics alone and just concentrate on eulogising the Oba. There was no need to politicise the oba's death by him recanting his achievements and in the process roping in the Oba.
The Oba was apolitical, that's why he was respected, Oshiomhole should not drag the Oba to ridicule.
what Will your hatred for Oshomole change? nothing. Oshomole doesn't even know whether a thing like you exist. good luck.
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by sunch(m): 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Oba of benin is second to none. His throne is far above his contemporaries. He is never nominated by any man, like the owanbe obas.
Omo n oba lives on
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by TippyTop(m): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
[s]
owanedo:
what Will your hatred for Oshomole change? nothing. Oshomole doesn't even know whether a thing like you exist. good luck.
[/s]

If you didn't mention my name I wouldn't have known a thing like you existed either.
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by titsqueez(m): 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
Rip to the oba. My Edo peeps pls what does 'oba no de go transfer ' mean
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by whitebeard(m): 12:11am On Apr 30, 2016
shocked

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by push23: 12:17am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=28pt]The palace of the oba of benin. It is a government building. it is a government building, not his personal house. politician in nigeria lack exposure.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3658189_benin10_jpegfa3938a9bee55bf8db0b87a1a5e97cd9

Benin city parliament. [/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3658211_img22831024x494_jpeg432bb2ca439b0300354eeb821c6cbcdd
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3658212_wallofancestralhallobaspalacebenincity2012_jpeg7bae460e196b17205517ca3d521349ae

[size=28pt]Now let look at inside the Prison in Nigeria , so you can see, the prison was better than the Oba of benin palace.[/size]

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50LzAxTU1NS08uanBnfDY2MA==[/img]

Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by Vaxt(m): 1:00am On Apr 30, 2016
De go don de find heads wey dem go use bury am
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by TEERALPH(m): 6:08am On Apr 30, 2016
May the King be given a rousing welcome by his ancestors. However, I am still expecting the special condolence message of 'Prof' Patrick Obadiagbon.
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by joshrare(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2016
MrWhaley:
Hewu! Na to remain inside school be that o...Town nor go dey safe again.

Shoutout to all non indigenes in Benin,mind your movements,abeg. grin

No shakes oga.....

Oba died around november last year and he has since been buried... According to the tradition, his death is to be announced officially after some months, that's why they are just announcing it....

The coronation process of the crown prince edaiken n uselu has since begun... If you have any doubt check out his palace opposite uselu park..

Live your life bro
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by iokpebholo: 6:50am On Apr 30, 2016
Owliver:

or the onni of ife that is corrupt grin
if u say so
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 30, 2016
RIP to the KING
Re: Oba Of Benin Death: Our Hearts Are Heavy, Says Oshiomhole by monex(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2016
osabuohein:
dude seriously, you no dey wise? How does his policies concern the matter at hand?

did you read Oshiomole's transcript. Oshiomole was the one that was talking about his policies instead of focusing on the matter at hand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frank To Buhari: Don’t Set Nigeria Ablaze Over CJN, Onnoghen / Kano State Government Test Runs CCTV Control Center / South-West PDP Party Chairmen To Makinde: Who Cares If You Join APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.