Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Have I Overreacted? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have I Overreacted? (1213 Views)

Have I Betrayed My Husband?i Only Wanted To Have Some Fun / My Gf Wants To Come And Stay With Me, I Refused, Have I Done Anything Wrong? / Have I Lost Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have I Overreacted? by blacq2009(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
My girlfriend and I are planning marriage soon. Something happened last week as in a minor misunderstanding. She insulted the hell outta me and even went as far as shaking my hands and head as if she was challenging me to a physical scuffle. Dumbfounded, I was like "what a wife-like behaviour?". I don't intend continuing with the relationship anymore. Have I overreacted?
Your views please.
Note: She's the nagging type and always unrepentant even if at fault.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have I Overreacted? by layla129(f): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
You did not overreact
Re: Have I Overreacted? by slim19(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Let her go while you still can

1 Like

Re: Have I Overreacted? by nigeriancritic1(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
blacq2009:
My girlfriend and I are planning marriage soon. Something happened last week as in a minor misunderstanding. She insulted the hell outta me and even went as far as shaking my hands and head as if she was challenging me to a physical scuffle. Dumbfounded, I was like "what a wife-like behaviour?". I don't intend continuing with the relationship anymore. Have I overreacted?
She could make a TeeBillz out of you. Go get a suicide button!

1 Like

Re: Have I Overreacted? by AfroKnight: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
Chai. This disrespect is monumental. Me I cannot honestly advice you to marry such a woman. The day she go slap you in front of your siblings, e go do you like dream.

1 Like

Re: Have I Overreacted? by iPrevail(m): 8:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hehe..

Guy, Happiness = Life.

Distort this equation in anyway then you just another human strolling on earth and waiting for his/her day of passing.

What am I saying?..

Don't become another Teebillz, don't be naive. Marriage isn't something you jump into because of sex or looks or even because you're insecure...

You have to be absolutely sure that you're ready to spend your entire earth life, or even in the next life, with her.

If you ever doubt this, or have mixed feelings about this... Walk away.

The earlier the better.
Re: Have I Overreacted? by blacq2009(m): 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
nigeriancritic1:
You get bad mouth no be small. Lol
Re: Have I Overreacted? by ronald4lif(m): 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
You no slap am? undecided
Re: Have I Overreacted? by nigeriancritic1(m): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
blacq2009:
You get bad mouth no be small. Lol
I refer you to my signature!
Re: Have I Overreacted? by Afrok(m): 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
Did Op just say nagging? shocked mehn... a nagging women can enter your head and make someone lose every bit of happiness in life cry.
Re: Have I Overreacted? by blacq2009(m): 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2016
iPrevail:
Hehe..

Guy, Happiness = Life.

Distort this equation in anyway then you just another human strolling on earth and waiting for his/her day of passing.

What am I saying?..

Don't become another Teebillz, don't be naive. Marriage isn't something you jump into because of sex or looks or even because you're insecure...

You have to be absolutely sure that you're ready to spend your entire earth life, or even in the next life, with her.

If you ever doubt this, or have mixed feelings about this... Walk away.

The earlier the better.
Thanks.
Re: Have I Overreacted? by Usernamesucks: 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
Can only answer your question when she tells us her own side of the 'story' smiley
Re: Have I Overreacted? by blacq2009(m): 8:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
ronald4lif:
You no slap am? undecided
Thought her reason would command her to stop.
Re: Have I Overreacted? by donbenedict(m): 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2016
I can never marry a woman who insults the daylight out of me.... Life has taught me that even if it takes me fifteen years to ask a woman out, it would be worth the patience.
Re: Have I Overreacted? by kinglekan: 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
blacq2009:
Your views please.

From what you wrote, you mind has been made up on what you have decided to do. What i really do not understand is the last paragraph.

You added that part in order for us to be adequately informed about the situation so as to agree with you on your current stance. I mean who would want to marry a nagging and unrepentant lady?

So it wouldn't be over the top to assume that you "provoked" her in order to have a valid reason not to get married to her. But my question is why were you planning on getting married to a nagging and unrepentant lady in the first instance?

Re: Have I Overreacted? by blacq2009(m): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
Usernamesucks:
Can only answer your question when she tells us her own side of the 'story' smiley
I forget telling you my side of a 'story'.
Re: Have I Overreacted? by blacq2009(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
kinglekan:

From what you wrote, you mind has been made up on what you have decided to do. What i really do not understand is the last paragraph.

You added that part in order for us to be adequately informed about the situation so as to agree with you on your current stance. I mean who would want to marry a nagging and unrepentant lady?

So it wouldn't be over the top to assume that you "provoked" her in order to have a valid reason not to get married to her. But my question is why were you planning on getting married to a nagging and unrepentant lady in the first instance?

Never thought she could ever attempt engaging me in a fight.
Re: Have I Overreacted? by Aremu01(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
Just give yourself time Don't make a decision u ll regret later
Re: Have I Overreacted? by samsam2019: 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
blacq2009:
Your views please.
you did the right thing

I'm guessing she's one of those killer women
Re: Have I Overreacted? by buharisbae(f): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
My advice
RUN AWAY FOR UR DEAR LIFE
Re: Have I Overreacted? by Usernamesucks: 3:11pm On May 03, 2016
smiley
Re: Have I Overreacted? by blacq2009(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2017
nigeriancritic1:
Thanks
Re: Have I Overreacted? by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 14, 2017
Stories like this is why I sometimes wish Adam had even died with his ribs intact....u should be glad u see d abusive part of her before it becomes too late....women are becoming more abusive and marriage getting more distorted .......men are known to be the one beating women but now d story has changed.Men see it as an
abuse and so frown at it but women see them as weak ....marriage has become a total gamble now....even if u think u had married an angel she can just become a devil over night and if u are not hard enough as a guy....u can become yabaleft customer easily...or a woman's beater or even d next teeblizz.

Bro run for Ur life..... honestly I'm talking from experience.... she will get worse once u guys are married and feels u belong to her and there's nothing u can do about it....for the sake of Ur unborn kids who will not be happy in a broken home.....RUNNNN.

(1) (Reply)

Guy Try To Hits His Girlfriend, But Something Happened / . / 13 Things A Wife Must Not Do Without Asking Her Husband For Permission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.