Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers (10685 Views)

National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi / Akpabio Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers / Hassan Aminu, Buhari's Bodyguard Arrested Over Link With Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by obo389(m): 12:51am On Apr 30, 2016

Wanted billionaire and Niger Delta ex-militant leader, Government Ekpemupolo, also known as Tompolo, has disassociated himself from the new militia group in the region known as the Niger Delta Avengers, who claimed responsibility for the damaged Forcados 48-inch export pipeline.

In a statement issued and signed by his media adviser and consultant, Paul Bebenimibo, Tompolo declared that he is not part of the group.

The fugitive Tompolo said that while it is unfortunate that he is still being associated with pipeline vandalism after a series of media reports debunked his alleged involvement in renewed hostilities in the region, ‎it is imperative to state unequivocally that he does not have ties with the Niger Delta Avengers.

According to his statement, “It is very unfortunate that Tompolo is still being accused of pipeline vandalism despite several press releases he has made denying his involvement in the renewed hostility in the Niger Delta region. Since the declaration of the presidential amnesty program by the late President Yar’Adua in 2009, which he wholeheartedly embraced and accepted, he has sworn not to be part of arm struggles either overtly or covertly.

"Most Nigerians, if not all, are aware of the role Tompolo played in safeguarding crude oil and gas facilities during the last administration, and he is still doing that for the love of country, humanity and out of patriotism. Tompolo is very happy with his achievements through non-violence advocacy since the enthronement of the 2009 presidential amnesty program for the Niger Delta region, particularly in the coastal areas.

“For instance, the establishment of the first maritime university and a dock and ship building yard and other good things which space and time will not permit us to mention. Therefore it is unreasonable and unimaginable to associate Tompolo with any person(s) or group involved in pipeline vandalism.

"It is very important to inform Mr. President and the security agencies in the country that some members of the ruling All Progressive Congress, particularly from Bayelsa and Delta States, are not happy with him because they have not gotten anything from him after almost a year since he assumed office by way of appointments and contracts. Therefore, some of them are involved in nefarious activities in the oil and gas sector so as to be engaged in pipeline surveillance.

"We are aware of how such persons are chasing the Minister of Petroleum for State, Ibe Kachukwu, around. Tompolo has said on many occasions that he will not resort to violence because of his case with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, as his legal team is working towards the resolving the issue. It is his prayer to God Almighty to see him through in these trying times," the statement reads.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/29/tompolo-denies-link-new-militant-group-niger-delta-avengers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by adegunwa4real(m): 2:02am On Apr 30, 2016
The Avengers niger version...issoraite

8 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 30, 2016
What of ULTRON or THASOS

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Segadem(m): 3:09am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=14pt]Government that is wanted by government grin grin grin[/size]

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by 0nyegame(m): 3:37am On Apr 30, 2016
hmmmmm ok nah
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Fanyogoyogo: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2016
I thought he was hiding from Buhari? Where dem find am?
What was he supposed to say before? Yes? C'mon nau. Even Asiwere Fatkubo don chop knuckle. Fear fear fire them all.

Are ND militants now working with The Avengers?

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by chikel2000(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Hmmm I tot PMB n his cohort; EFCC were looking for him? Oya now make una go arrest am o

7 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Generalkorex(m): 9:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Did he say dis Frm his hiding?

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by ruggedboy01: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2016
grin cheesy
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by babs01(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2016
I blame GEJ for not declare this guy wanted. No difference btw him and Shekau

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by rawtouch: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by nrexzy: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2016
This Name too plum.... Niger Delta Avengers..

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by SmartMugu: 9:32am On Apr 30, 2016
If they can't find Shekau, how can they find Tompolo? Naija politics na baaaastard.

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]Government that is wanted by government grin grin grin[/size]

undecided I tire woo!
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by TippyTop(m): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2016
I will continue to remind you northerners, if you want Government Ekpomupolo, you need to produce Shekau.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by buharisbae(f): 9:33am On Apr 30, 2016
I dunno y buh I like him tongue

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Sultanchidi(m): 9:35am On Apr 30, 2016
Person wen dey hide still dey issue statement, make dem ask d media aid were him and tompolo dey always meet

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by gift01: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2016
My people no go look for job na free money dem go dey find every time. Say NO to Laziness
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Segadem(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Sultanchidi:
Person wen dey hide still dey issue statement, make dem ask d media aid were him and tompolo dey always meet
[size=14pt]gbam [/size]
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by johnshagb(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2016
You've got to like the name grin

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by calddon(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2016
you really want to get tampons fg? find d press guy Dat retrieved the news of his denial.
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Hillzy(m): 9:38am On Apr 30, 2016
Oga come first n answer ur query wit efcc
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by deolu2000(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2016
Even a wanted man can still sign and issue press release. Secondly, who says militancy doesn't pay, no be billionaire them call am so? Naija i hail thee, where anything goes.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by sweatlana: 9:39am On Apr 30, 2016
When I said it is one thing to declare tompolo wanted it's another thing to actually arrest him some people who have never seen a body of water started abusing me.

One question, WILL BUHARI ENTER THE CREEK AND ARREST TOMPOLO HIMSELF? because the army they normally send only go there and declare loyalty to the war lord.

I AM FROM THE NIGER DELTA, CITIZEN OF THE CREEKS!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Prodigalangelo: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2016
stubborness pays in this country.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by 1trillionlikes: 9:44am On Apr 30, 2016
Tomps baba, come out and say it jo.... No shaking, what have they done to that IPAD leader thug after all? He's very strong according to their yoots.

These Sahara reporters sef, once you see their introduction to a news, you'll know it's dem..... A billionaire and....... Immediately I saw that, I scrolled down to see the source and I was not wrong.
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by omenka(m): 9:45am On Apr 30, 2016
Very very terrible news for undercover ND militant group iPod. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by Hillzy(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Ok o
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by OrIandoOwoh(m): 9:47am On Apr 30, 2016
GOVERNMENT TOMPOLO(NIGER DELTA AVENGERS) Vs. government buhari(Daura President)..

Let's see how GOVERNMENT will kill government. cool
Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by 5starmilitant: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2016
babs01:
I blame GEJ for not declare this guy wanted. No different btw him and Shekau

If you say no difference between tompolo & shekau, then you must be high on daura shit.

Please name one church, mosque, market, park or civic centre bombed by the niger delta war lord during the fight against the government??
Even people who were in warri then were never affected expect the communities where the militants were camping.

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Denies Link With Niger-Delta Avengers by iSlayer: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2016
I'm tired of reading about this guy. I don't like Buhari's witch-hunting but this guy is not useful to anybody. Is protecting pipe-line supposed to be his main service to the Ijaw peoples? Look at youths roaming aimlessly all over Warri and Bayelsa,what is he doing for them? Look at Ateke too. ND I ask una-Who Tompolo epp?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Africans Should NOT Support Barack Obama / Amaechi Lied, Jonathan Actually Did Something For Rivers People / Now That Subsidy Is Gone, What Is The Plan? - Babajide Fadoju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.