Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,479 members, 7,801,208 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (53655 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / What Will The Atheists Say After The Rapture? / Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by fotadmowmend(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2016
lepasharon:
Intelligent design is a fallacy..brb
Wic kindda fallacy u made me rememba my Phl lecturer #jingo back den @ Oba Awon University
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by cold(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2016
sarutobie:

that was when the leading scientists of the day thought the earth was flat and that you can fall off the edge! while some believed it was being held by a giant titan called Atlas...one thing is certain, whether they believe or don't, when their body is failing, when the cold claws of death creeps upon them, they all say a silent prayer..to whoever might be listening...
Stop being disingenous. It was the authors of the bible that first suggested the earth was flat
Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 7:1
...And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any treeRevelation 7:1

5 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by sweetcocoa(f): 9:18pm On May 11, 2016
You haven't said anything OP.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by TPAND(f): 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
Faremisodeeq:
Op: this proofs are not enough to convince an athiest

It's not convincing enough. The write-up is out up by a baby Christian
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by ifenes(m): 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
These are no evidence of a god. But wait a minute,I thought the South African Zulu god was the real god.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
olatex25:
I dont need any1 2 inform me d existence of God.. He is d creator nd d createe, we exist cos of His existence. He is beyond any sort of praise given 2 Him.. The most Beneficient and the most Merciful
Those are just words. Words are as much idols as their wooden and stone counterparts.

So whether I make a graven image or flesh it out with man made words like Merciful ,Beneficent,Lord or Worlds and so on it is all the same trying to flesh out a thing that is neither perceptible nor comprehensible ,in short a fantasy
I cannot overemphasize that point

WORDS ARE IDOLS capable of inducing the same delusions as stone carvings and yet those who use words develop a misplaced snobbery for the sculptor
Owner of the day of doom
Omnipotent
Originator
Beneficent
Most Bounnteous
Most Merciful

etc

Those are just sounds,in short forms of energy just at a different frequency from stone or wood idols

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Isomerizm(m): 9:19pm On May 11, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You haven't said anything OP.
I love female atheists tho.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by goddyben(m): 9:20pm On May 11, 2016
kevinberry:
If god is all powerful,he can't be all good,and if he is all good,then he can't be all powerful..

I refuse to believe in a god who already know the result of future events,but still went ahead to perform such action..

If god exist,we won't be in this mess that we are today...

I did not just wake up and became an atheist,I became one the very moment I started questioning all what I was told and read about..I think differently
God is a loving God one day he will bring an end to humans suffering now he only allow this tings to happen just to taste human loyalty even in hard situation
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by CaptainBomb(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2016
Isomerizm:
A christian shouldn't be this vulgar. Don't you think?
whatever bro
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by ifenes(m): 9:21pm On May 11, 2016
The best evidence will be a picture of god. OP,have you got any?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by friedakara(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2016
believe it or not MY GOD truly exist!
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Isomerizm(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2016
CaptainBomb:
whatever bro
you're welcome
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Raymonbell(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2016
I'm not an atheist but the argument and stories you posted up there are nothing but waste of MB.
If you want to engage such argument try to see thing from their perspective and your perspective then create a sound argument devour of bible said.
You try though but you can do better

Playing devils advocate

2 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by fotadmowmend(m): 9:22pm On May 11, 2016
my lecturer back dem would say ''u can't use any religious book or doctrine to prove that" But most of us belv dat there is 'juju' if u belv in witches or juju, then it is sure dat thr is a supreme being higher than those . Since world exist in dialectics . Without light Deris no darkness !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by CaptainBomb(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2016
SirWere:
I'm surprised by the number of shallow misconceptions about atheism. I thought we had disabused all your minds about them...I'm surprised by the number of shallow misconceptions about atheism. I thought we had disabused all your minds about them...
I don't fvcking care bro
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Gayjesus: 9:23pm On May 11, 2016
My god is gay

3 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by ElCount: 9:23pm On May 11, 2016
kevinberry:
If god is all powerful,he can't be all good,and if he is all good,then he can't be all powerful..

I refuse to believe in a god who already know the result of future events,but still went ahead to perform such action..

If god exist,we won't be in this mess that we are today...

I did not just wake up and became an atheist,I became one the very moment I started questioning all what I was told and read about..I think differently
At the bold

Your analogy is similar to one who saw a bashed Mercedes car and blamed the Mercedes company rather than addressing the issue or looking at the situation critically.

God has given everyone the right to choose for himself no one is under duress to serve God so don't go around blaming God for people making the wrong choices.

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 11, 2016
Ahmed99:
success man
thanks bruh
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Isomerizm(m): 9:24pm On May 11, 2016
fotadmowmend:
my lecturer back dem would say ''u can't use any religious book or doctrine to prove that" But most of us belv dat there is 'juju' if u belv in witches or juju, then it is sure dat thr is a supreme being higher than those . Since world exist in dialectics . Without light Deris no darkness !
there's nothing like juju.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by dulux07(m): 9:24pm On May 11, 2016
omonnakoda:
Lame!! So why did you come here
no need for argument . Its just common sense. If man can explain our existence, then u can quote me.
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by ElCount: 9:26pm On May 11, 2016
odijeks:
Ever heard atheists argue that there just is not enough evidence to prove the existence of God? Some go as far as saying "God is omnipresent and is everywhere, then show me God in order to believe he exists". Well, the bible says God is a Spirit so I can't literally show you God (I haven't seen him either) but that doesn't prove that he doesn't exist. Simply because I can't show you air doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in the room you occupy right now. However, I can show you the influence of this 'invisible' air when it knocks down a 'visible' object or flips open the pages of a book. here is an attempt to candidly show that God has made himself evident for man to perceive.

1. God reveals Himself through nature
If you are a nature-lover or have ever taken the time to appreciate the beauty of the natural world around you, you can see the handiwork that points to an incredibly intelligent creator and designer. Look at the beauty of the sunset, the awe you experience watching the earth's polar lights in the sky (aurora), the glory of the night sky with all the stars, the dawning of the day with the blades of grass glistening like diamonds as the sunlight bounces off tiny water droplets of dew, you would ask yourself questions like "would mindless and impersonal physical forces or a chain of chance-like events need or care to make something this beautiful that man can appreciate?" One would have to be willfully ignorant to attribute all the intricacies found in nature to random chaotic events. A close look at nature reveals an intricate level of design that points undeniably to an intelligent Designer (Psalms 19:1-4). Nevertheless, some still live in denial.

2. Our Planet Earth.
The perfection of the Earth in relation to it's support of the billions of life in it never seizes to amaze. Earth is the only known planet equipped with an atmosphere of the right mixture of gases to sustain plant, animal and human life. This is attributed to it's perfect size and corresponding gravitational pull which causes it to be able to hold the right amount of oxygen and nitrogen adequate for life. If the earth were larger, it would contain an unreasonable amount of free hydrogen in its atmosphere. If it were smaller, it may not have an atmosphere large enough to protect the planet from solar and cosmic radiations from space. Still think this is co-incidence ? Let's look at the Earth's position in space as well.

NASA places the diameter of our solar system at a humongous 288,000,000,000 km. Dispersed within this wide space are 8 planets (including Earth). The distance from Earth to the sun is at about 150,000,000 km which is the perfect distance for Earth to be inhabitable. If the Earth were any further away from the sun, we would freeze. Any closer and we would burn up. With 8 planets dispersed within such a wide range of our solar system's diameter, you can calculate for yourself the probability of luckily finding a planet at that exact distance from the sun (that is not too far and not too close), then you decide for yourself if we were just ridiculously lucky or it was placed there by intent. Even a fractional variance in the Earth's position to the sun would make life on Earth impossible. The Earth remains this perfect distance from the sun while it rotates around the sun at a speed of nearly 67,000 mph. It is also rotating on its axis, allowing the entire surface of the Earth to be properly warmed and cooled every day.

3. Complexity of living organisms
From all I learned in biology classes, it would require an unreasonable level of faith to believe that highly complex biochemical reactions like oxidation phosphorylation, photosynthesis, enzymatic breakdown of ingested food, our amazing immune system, transmission of nervous impulses through the body, e.t.c, resulted out of mere chance. Even if I came into the world yesterday, I can't look at the twin towers and attribute them to forces of nature, thinking to myself "the wind, after several years, must have pushed all these blocks into place". These are amazingly complex and inter-linked reactions going on in us daily of which I'm sure that the best of scientists can't think up or create such a system so complex and independent. Still, scientists wouldn't admit the intelligence behind these processes. Let's look at blood clot formation for example. The reason why animal's don't bleed out till death after they get a cut is simply because of this complexly designed process. A cascade of events involving 12 different factors ensues when a blood vessel is broken. This linked events all lead to the formation of a clot at the site of bleeding in order to occlude the opening in the vessel. If just 1 of these 12 factors were missing, blood clot formation would be impossible and it would be a normal phenomenon for one to bleed to death after having an accident as minor as a paper cut. Yet all 12 factors (not 7,8 or 11) are currently present in the blood to initiate this reaction when needed. What's even more amazing is that these factors are present in your blood as you read this, yet they don't start forming the clots within the blood vessels because that would potentially kill you. They only initiate this process when you have a cut. That's just amazing if you ask me. This is just an example out of thousands of intelligent systems in nature. Do you really think such systems were built by chance or a highly intelligent being?

4. Theist Scientists
Most atheists often have this wrong ideology of "God VS Science". This is totally absurd because God himself is a scientist (the best at that) as we've seen in the above mentioned points. God made all scientific and universal laws and was in fact scientific in all his creation. God was actually leaving clues of his existence by showing his brilliance and intelligence in the works of nature and his intent was for man to search them out and acknowledge him (Proverbs 25:2). Many of the smartest human geniuses that have worked the earth were theist. These were really smart people who had knowledge of scientific laws and based most of their works on facts and scientific evidences. Yet, they didn't think it foolish to believe in a superior intelligent being. Why? Because they couldn't help but recognize God's signatures dispersed in the details along the quest of their research works. Some of these theist scientists include: Gregor Mendel, Galileo Galilei, Louis Pasteur, Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal and even famous Albert Einstein to name a few. The more we go deeper in scientific discoveries, the more of God we see. It's however unfortunate and sad that most current scientists have refused to acknowledge this glaring truth (2 Corinthians 4:4).

5. God exists because he impresses this fact in the heart of men
The bible says the truth of God has been made known to man instinctively, for God put this knowledge in their hearts. Yet, some push the truth away from themselves (Romans 1:18,19). This shows that God made it unavoidable for man to see or feel his existence. God did not leave us to wander alone, aimlessly hoping that somehow we would stumble across the truth, which He intends for us to recognize. God wants us to find Him; therefore, He reaches out to us. Sometimes you wonder why the atheist goes through so much trouble just to discredit the bible or refute the idea that a God he doesn't even believe in exists. The atheist probably doesn't yet realize that the reason the topic of God weighs so heavily on his mind is simply because God is impressing it. God wants to be known. He made man unique from other creatures with the intent that we would seek and know him. He not only surrounded us with evidence of himself but He keeps the question of his existence squarely before us. God is presently nudging the hearts of people so that they might realize their sinful condition, the inevitable coming judgment, and their need of a Savior (John 16:8-11). The underlying reason atheists are bothered by people believing in God is because God is actively seeking them.

I know many atheist would go through this post in order to refute the ideas highlighted, but I'm not here to disprove atheism. I'm just here to cause the reader to really think for himself in an unbiased and neutral manner on these things. Regardless of what you may have heard, the truth the bible teaches is that God intensely loves you unconditionally. He is not going to love you more if you convert to a believer. He already loves you intensely, that's why he was willing to come in form of man and personally receive the punishment on the cross for the sins you've committed in the past or would ever commit in the future (John 3:16; Romans 5:3-8 ). The misconception that God punishes people in hell because they sin or refuse to love him is not the truth of the bible. Rather, the bible teaches that though we are guilty of many sins, God justifies us anyways and gives us eternal life if we accept and receive it through faith in Christ's sacrifice (Romans 5:16). The reason why anyone would go to hell fire is not because of this person's numerous sins. No!, it has been established that everyone (including the Christian) is born a sinner and commits sin. Yet, People are only judged guilty because they refused to receive the justification and eternal life freely given to them by Christ. It would really be shameful and agonizingly regretful to see yourself in hell not because you were morally the worst person on earth, but because you were too prideful to receive the gift of life that was already given to you freely by Christ. Choose life today if you haven't. God loves you.

OP nice write up, hope they can rethink their stand. I can't believe a scientist after going to space and witnessing the degree of organization and exactness on display will still come back and say it all happened by chance.

I mean when someone enters a room and finds the room organized and tidy the person would ask who is responsible and not what expanded or exploded

2 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Panshow(m): 9:26pm On May 11, 2016
If I were God, I'll simply reveal myself in open space for the whole world to see. This, I believe will finally bring an end to all this argument.

@OP, what you wrote up there is rubbish, these are not evidence of God's existence, You are just trying to tell us that everything that exist must have a creator. Let's say we all agree with you. Now the question is, who created God?. Of course I know you'll say nobody created him. But you know what? That's where you lots are confused.

I'm not an atheist, I consider myself an agnostic. Yeah, because I don't have the proof of the existence or the non existence of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by sarutobie(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2016
cold:

Stop being disingenous. It was the authors of the bible that first suggested the earth was flat
Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 7:1
...And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any treeRevelation 7:1

job 26:7
He stretches out the north over the empty place, and hangs the earth on nothing.....here the book of job states as a fact that the earth is suspended on nothing...the four corners in Isaiah are obviously the four cardinal points. .East, west, North and South....

Isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
that same book of the prophet Isaiah states that the earth is indeed circle...but you just hurriedly found a verse without actually reading it through...

1 Like

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by nigeriafilm(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2016
Don't know they are people who actually doubt the existence of God. All I have heart people arguing is a particular way to worship God. I am amazed. Any need to hear their side of arguement? hmmmm
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by omonnakoda: 9:27pm On May 11, 2016
dulux07:
no need for argument . Its just common sense. If man can explain our existence, then u can quote me.

You explain God's existence. This is a failure of logic. The claim is God Must exist because existence must have come from somewhere. Well that line of reasoning requires that God too came from somewhere and so on and so on. God was created by Man in Man's image

6 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by realmindz: 9:27pm On May 11, 2016
There is a powerful God watching over everyone, he gave us commandments of things to follow and not do, he takes records of everything evry human does on earth and thse who failed shall be condemn to hell forever. God loves u all
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nnamnsoj(m): 9:28pm On May 11, 2016
GOD IS NOT DEAD, GOD EXIST, GOD IS ALIVE
Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by xtervaganza(m): 9:28pm On May 11, 2016
ValentineMary:
In your mind, u made sense undecided
you de mind am grin

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by afroxyz: 9:28pm On May 11, 2016
All you did was use nature as a proof of God's existence without proving how God created nature. And you are making a case for God's existence, using only the bible. Are you serious? God that is a universally accepted phenomenon in all cultures centuries and ages before civilization, the contact period and colonisation, and you use only the bible to prove his existence? Abeg go and read. Do you know that prior to this period, God was symbolised as a woman? Do you know that the image of God constantly changes? First it was physical objects,then astray objects su h as the stars, then (s)he was represented as man in the Greek, romantic and Abraham in religions, now he is represented as an abstract force like in Christianity. We say man was created in God's image, what makes you think God was not created in man's image? OP park well.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 11, 2016
CaptainBomb:
I don't fvcking care bro
So you attack a group of people of whom you know nothing about and when challenged by a member of such a group, "you don't fucking care"

Typical, really typical.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists by Dotwillis1(m): 9:31pm On May 11, 2016
Alfamann:
I'm yet to see the usefulness of the existence of doG.
don't worry yhu will see wen yhu no longer exist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Photos: Meet Bishop Oyedepo's Decent & Beautiful Daughters / Pastor Paul Enenche's Prophecies For 2020 / Pope Gets €185,000 Lamborghini As A Gift, Will Auction It For Charity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.