Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,140 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:38 AM

I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. (3440 Views)

The Name Tinubu Is A North Name / Ahmed Magaji Tinubu Is Not A Yoruba Name. Tinubu Mean Nothing In Yoruba / I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Gbawe: 10:37am On Aug 10, 2009
Na lie says Tinubu !! He also hints it is unlikely , as Rawlings asserts , that Yar Adua (an election rigger himself) prevented election rigging in Ghana. Tinubu  exposes the hypocritical and worrying lack of principle within the ruling Party i.e they have a bill before the national assembly against cross-carpeting (the ideologically abhorrent practice of politicians moving from one political party to another) yet they are shamelessly coercing politicians from other Political parties to join the PDP so as to decimate the opposition and render it inneffective.

It is only an undemocratic, shortsighted and inneffective politician that would wish for an impotent opposition. We have many in Nigeria . Yar Adua is one of them. There is no need to look further as to why UMY despises Tinubu currently. Yar Adua sought an audience with Obama and did not get it. From the report below , it appears as if Tinubu met Obama. Put two and two together , with how vengeful our President is , and it is obvious that UMY now believes Tinubu is his enemy like El-Rufai and Ribadu. Tinubu should watch out. Yar Adua is no democrat. he is a feudalist at best and a brazen dictator at worst.

Tinubu should be worried about how UMY and Aondoakaa are trying to extradite El-Rufai from the USA while the same characters are trying to bury the cases , home and abroad, against one of the biggest looters of Nigeria (Ibori) and his accomplices .

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/policy_politics/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=100809&ptitle=Yar%27Adua%20must%20do%20electoral%20reform%20now,%20he%20might%20not%20have%20the%20chance%20again,%20says%20Tinubu

It was alleged that you are fond of dropping President Yar'Adua's name,

For what! I am a known politician in my own right, why should I drop anybody's name? Since 1991, I have been very active. I was elected on my own. I scored the highest vote in a single Senatorial District in this country in the 1991/92 Election. I was an active member of Mallam Umaru Yar'Adua's late brother's group, that is, the late Shehu Yar'Adua. I can claim greater closeness to the late brother. The President and me have had interactions as governors - I believe he inherited some principles and ideology of his late brother. I have known him as far back as since then. Sometimes, we were the last to have group discussion and evaluation with his late brother in SDP. He was then in SDP, he contested election for Katsina governorship under the SDP and he lost the election. We have had good rapport; done things together, we share the same faith, performed Ummrah together. So, I don't want to lay claim on people because they are powerful or in position of authority, it is demeaning to me personally. Maybe, they are sending a message.

What would this message be?

The message is that the PDP do not want me close to the President because I will tell him the truth. I will be honest and firm and blunt to my beliefs and my principles. If that is the case good luck!

It was speculated that Abuja was not happy that the opposition, including you went to Ghana to see the US President Obama during his visit to that country,

They created their own unhappiness if there is any. Nobody is out to please or pander to their happiness, that is not my business, my business is this country and the national greatness; pride of our country is to be truly a giant and a good model for Africa, particularly West Africa sub-region. If we are losing our leadership role, every good Nigerian must be concerned. I credit President Obama for choosing Ghana. I am unhappy but as a democrat, I see the country as small as Ghana as a great model of democratic values. If they had conducted an election and transferred power from Rawlings, a former military dictator became a good democrat, lost an election, conducted under an electoral body appointed by his own parliament and transferred power peacefully to Kuffour who spent two terms, whereas Prof. Atta Mills didn't give up, who won this time around with a narrow margin. And Kuffour played by the rules. You have an electoral umpire, the chairman of Ghana's national electoral commission standing firm on honesty and integrity and that election was protected. That is good modeling; that is a great example. Kuffour is my hero for making that possible. You cannot blame President Obama for our own failure; he wouldn't have been a President as an African American, the first black man to break the political barrier believing positively in the system and the system operated well for everybody - the sovereign right of the people to choose their own leader was fully exercised and allowed to work. No racial or religious bigotry, no manipulations, no mismanagement. He will be contradicting all his fundamental beliefs and the principle that brought him into office if he comes to Nigeria or Kenya first. He needs to show Africa that this is leadership and this is his philosophy.

Recently, J.J. Rawlings was quoted in a Ghanaian paper that but for Yar'Adua's intervention Ghana's election would have been rigged,

I don't want to contest that but charity begins at home, they say. The recent example from Ekiti to Bauchi to Imo State, there is no reflection of good charity in our constitutional democracy. You have a leadership that is going about converting people from their own party, from the platform which elected them into office, while it has a bill on cross carpeting before the National Assembly and whereas the constitution provides no room for independent candidate. People elected as governors on the platform of their party and they are supposed to be leaders and responsible for the security of their state, if they are being illegally, overtly or otherwise, converted or induced to cross carpet to another party, is a violation of the constitution, both the constitution of their party and the electoral Act of the country, that is no good role modeling. That is not the kind of leadership I would respect.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by desgiezd(m): 11:07am On Aug 10, 2009
I would have believed without a doubt if it had been alleged that Yar Adua was dropping Tinubu's name but to say Tinubu was dropping Yar Adua's name is just too insulting.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Gbawe: 11:25am On Aug 10, 2009
desgiezd:

I would have believed without a doubt if it had been alleged that Yar Adua was dropping Tinubu's name but to say Tinubu was dropping Yar Adua's name is just too insulting.

Indeed !!! Who , but an insane man , would drop the name of a President that is shaping up to be one of the most inept Nigeria has ever had? Most sensible and non-sycophantic individuals would dissociate themselves from Yar Adua. It is illogical that a man who is meeting Obama as the figurehead against how undemocratic Nigeria currently is will "drop" the name of the figurehead associated with everything that is wrong about Nigeria today !!!!
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Nezan(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2009
desgiezd:

I dont think you spoke right. Tinubu, been the man that he is, will always like to allege that he sees the president everytime he wishes. I dont doubt the story at all, the man too dey talk.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by desgiezd(m): 11:58am On Aug 10, 2009
Why would anybody be boasting of often seeing the president who doesn't know his right from left except that person is of the same mould and calibre as that president?
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2009
desgiezd:

Why would anybody be boasting of often seeing the president who doesn't know his right from left except that person is of the same mould and calibre as that president?

Because there's no difference between the both.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2009
I get pissed off when i see haters comment on this kinda critical topic. Tinubu is a renowned politician, far experienced and loved than Yaradua, it's only a foolish person that would believe he dropped yaradua's name. shit. . . and to think some ibo haters were talking shit about tinubu. . .  abeg Bleep Yarashit jare! motherfucking politricksters! angry tongue
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by illusion2: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2009
anybody proud to associate himself with Yar'Adull must be very foolish in his own right.

Tinubu doesn't need such a massive failure as reference.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by sherrylo: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tinubu is a real democrat and a patriot and does not need in anyway to drop someone like yaradua's name.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by MUZBO(m): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2009
If I want to drop an F.G associated name, I'd drop the name 'Aso rock'. I mean WTF. . . it is embarrassing to 'drop' Yar'adaft's name, it could even get you killed.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by jodeci(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2009
@jassie
u reek of alcohol,u are the dumbest contributor on this thread so far ,u have shown how much space alcohol has taken in your dumb skull.i guess u should be schooled on how to contribute on a public forum like this without showing ur emptiness.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Afaukwu: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tinubu is a rogue and will remain so. No amount of whitewash will do the cleaning.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by PROJECT: 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2009
i will ask one question.is tinubu different from obj or yaradua my answer is no , i was a member of the alliance for democracy in fact i was the welfare director of his ward ward c ikeja and i knew how he begged to get endorsment ,he didnt win the primaries that brought him to power ,funsho williams won it but it was given to tinubu because it was alleged that he supported nadeco,after he became governor what did he do to akerele bucknor his deputy at that time ,the same things obj did to atiku,did he loot lagos treasury ,its evident,did he impose fashola on the people ,yes that was why he couldnt continue with alliance for democracy he wanted absolute power.he choose fashola to cover his mess,the reason why we have not heard much about tinubu is because fashola is working,i dont live in naija anymore but from what i can hear ppl say ,fashola is working,between obj and tinubu whos is better ,i would say obj is better,he gave ribadu a chance even though he interfere sometimes, he gave dora a chance,he gave frank iweke,el rufai,and many more a chance.the real truth is that some of them misused their opportunity but under the circumstances they were working ,its a death certificate, obj did not rigg the elections for yaradua the governors did because they knew obj was going to ruin them all and so they played his own card,obj was a strong man because he fought a lot of forces in the pdp,forces we dont even know of,he did a lot of things o appease the north because the south was not ready to wake up and take responsibility of their future,a northerner will always support his own wether he is a goat,what is the south doing, we play saint, when we are suppose to play like gladiators, i blame the south governors for our proble not obj cos he was put in the power house just as he has done the same back to the force that put him there, finito
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by stevemike1: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tinubu na basket mouth, as him mouth carry big and his big eyes. na him dey take see all the thing when dey happe for this country, and the area where him come from na their culture to dey tear moth so i no surprise atall
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by desgiezd(m): 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2009
PROJECT:

i will ask one question.is tinubu different from obj or yaradua my answer is no , i was a member of the alliance for democracy in fact i was the welfare director of his ward ward c ikeja and i knew how he begged to get endorsment ,he didnt win the primaries that brought him to power ,funsho williams won it but it was given to tinubu because it was alleged that he supported nadeco,after he became governor what did he do to akerele bucknor his deputy at that time ,the same things obj did to atiku,did he loot lagos treasury ,its evident,did he impose fashola on the people ,yes that was why he couldnt continue with alliance for democracy he wanted absolute power.he choose fashola to cover his mess,the reason why we have not heard much about tinubu is because fashola is working,i dont live in naija anymore but from what i can hear ppl say ,fashola is working,between obj and tinubu whos is better ,i would say obj is better,he gave ribadu a chance even though he interfere sometimes, he gave dora a chance,he gave frank iweke,el rufai,and many more a chance.the real truth is that some of them misused their opportunity but under the circumstances they were working ,its a death certificate, obj did not rigg the elections for yaradua the governors did because they knew obj was going to ruin them all and so they played his own card,obj was a strong man because he fought a lot of forces in the pdp,forces we dont even know of,he did a lot of things o appease the north because the south was not ready to wake up and take responsibility of their future,a northerner will always support his own wether he is a goat,what is the south doing, we play saint, when we are suppose to play like gladiators, i blame the south governors for our proble not obj cos he was put in the power house just as he has done the same back to the force that put him there, finito

What's the sense in all of these?
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by sherrylo: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Project please make some sense!

@Steve Mike where you come from? daft!
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by mamagee6(f): 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2009
It still doesn't change the fact that Yaradua still sucks.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by pete(m): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2009
I think the sense PROJECT is making is that, Tinubu is not a saint. He adduce first hand experience as a party member to indicate that, the said Tinubu is not a democrat. Hence, if you think he is incorrect,then please pontificate. Do not attack persons,talk issues. Argue based on the force of reasoning and logic and not on the logic of force.
My take is that, Tinubu and a majority of Nigerian politicians are dishonest. However, Tinubu may be better than a lot of Politicians. He appears more like a democrat than majority of the pack.This is my opinion.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by mechris: 6:08pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tinubu looks like he can drop any thing in moment of desperation for political advantage.Heared he met with Obama in Ghana and discussed with him over what? Whats the objective?
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Gbawe: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
pete:

My take is that, Tinubu and a majority of Nigerian politicians are dishonest. However, Tinubu may be better than a lot of Politicians. He appears more like a democrat than majority of the pack.This is my opinion.

My take also. Furthermore , Tinubu must be given credit for standing up against the tyrannical monster the PDP has become when other former loudmouths throughout Nigeria have either joined the PDP or sold the soul of their Political machinery to the Poverty development Party. If we had many opposition politicians openly challenging the PDP , as Tinubu is doing lately,  then the ruling Party will not be brazenly boasting of retaining power for 60 years when its representatives like Yar Adua, et al are abject failures.The PDP know that the South-West region , if unchecked , will represents a major headache and 'road-block' come 2011.

Obama would not be meeting with Tinubu if intelligence reports did not inform him that this is an important Nigerian [b]opposition [/b]politician that should be heard as per the future of Nigeria.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by switch47(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2009
tinubu is the best!! TINUBU FOR LIFE!!
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by luc26(f): 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2009
i can't even tell who d beta candidate is in dis case.dey can go ahead and drop eachodas name shamelessly.it has nthin 2 do wit d price of garri and fish in d market
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by ndelta1(m): 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2009
Though he is not a saint, but still the best amidst the looters, Tinubu has set many records in the history nigeria politics, am from ND but still recon with his leadership style,

Better pass PDP l
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by JomoGbomo2(m): 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
i can't even tell who d beta candidate is in dis case.dey can go ahead and drop eachodas name shamelessly.it has nthin 2 do wit d price of garri and fish in d market

u talk true jare, i dont know the impact this is going to have on the issues surrounding us now.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by oge4real(f): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
Both of them can sink in the gutter for all i care! Of what importance are they to anybody?
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Gbawe: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
oge4real:

Both of them can sink in the gutter for all i care! Of what importance are they to anybody?

Well lets see ,  one has become a huge stumbling block to Nigeria's progress. He will not move out of the way and is actually already planning to rig himself back into power in 2011. Non of our so called political 'gladiators' are coming out to challenge this man. It is very important for Nigerians that this man is forced out.

The other man is trying to stop the one spoken of above. Since he is about the only one showing he is up for the fight , to include meeting Obama to lament how votes no longer count in Nigeria , I think it is very important Nigerians back him considering how cowardly, silent and prostitute-like many of our Politicians have become.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Donvilo(m): 2:23am On Aug 11, 2009
I hope Tinibu is saying the truth, cos' it isn't enough for him to write one thing on the pages of newspaper & yet do another thing out of public eyes. undecided
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by sjeezy8: 3:25am On Aug 11, 2009
Tinubu might be alittle iffy but the guy is better then what we have now and seems  to be the head of the leading opposition behind him is FASHOLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

i dont see anyone from around the country beating the pdp without tinubu and his party's help

GO TINUBU for now,  lol
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Gbawe: 8:12am On Aug 11, 2009
Donvilo:

I hope Tinibu is saying the truth, cos' it isn't enough for him to write one thing on the pages of newspaper & yet do another thing out of public eyes. undecided

My brother, I hear you loud and clear but we must give him the benefit of the doubt for two main reasons:

(1) He left lagos in progressive hands we thus know he is not uncomfortable with progressive leaders as , say , Yar Adua who hounds out El-Rufai, Ribadu, et al and has no place in Governance for  Duke, Ken Nnamani, et al but yet he can deploy thieves, sycophantic mouthpieces and mediocre performers everywhere like Waziri,  Aliero,Aondoakaa, Egwu, Anenih, Lukman, et al .

OBJ , when it ultimately mattered , left the nation with one of the biggest dissapointments in our history out of self interest. At this stage in his life, I think Tinubu (unlike OBJ,IBB, Bode George, et al) will only support a progressive and democratic Nigerian president come 2011.

(2) Given Nigeria's currently unacceptable condition one would have expected many of our opposition politicians to rise up against Yar Adua and the PDP. They are all playing ostrich while Tinubu is the main top Nigerian Politician to go beyond words by physically [/b]commiting his time and money to strategise against the PDP . Tinubu has met Obama to lament how the PDP does not allow votes to count in Nigeria. We all know it is "do-or-die" with the PDP so his bravery is commendable when others seem too scared to act.  We saw Tinubu in the 'bunkers' (like how Great Generals do not desert their troops) on the ground in Ekiti when many notable politicians offered platitude from afar. He is acting like a robin Hood against a very, very tyrannical Government. Anyone who is not totally destroyed by tribalism , and recognises Tinubu's 'last man standing' role , will support him and wish more join him to take out the evil political party that wants to [b]"rule" for 60 years even as it has literally destroyed Nigeria in the last 10 years.

I dont think Nigerians have much choice but to support this guy because without him 2011 is a done deal for Yar Adua and the PDP. Then it will be another 4 years of misrule while we are all still here cursing and blaming each other .
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by Itohan123(m): 8:12am On Aug 11, 2009
g
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by desgiezd(m): 8:53am On Aug 11, 2009
Gbawe:

I dont think Nigerians have much choice but to support this guy because without him 2011 is a done deal for Yar Adua and the PDP. Then it will be another 4 years of misrule while we are all still here cursing and blaming each other .

I shudder at the possibility of another four years of Yar Adua and with the way things are going presently, I doubt seriously if he can hold this country together.
Re: I Did Not "drop" Yar Adua's Name : Tinubu. by nethacker(m): 9:09am On Aug 11, 2009
Afaukwu:

Tinubu is a rogue and will remain so. No amount of whitewash will do the cleaning.
Iyen ojuyobo naa embarassed hmmmmm .See yabbing here ooo shocked .jasie easy on jodeci . this is a forum abeg grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba owns Kwara, Kogi And Edo / FG To Give Accident Victims Free Medical Treatment / Derivation And Deprivation: Why The North Is Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.