Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (207681 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JustStardust: 9:56am On May 03, 2016
santori:

and you think the people here will take you serious by reeling out quotes from that book of human imaginations of that times and their lies

I think you should go read this thread from page 1 to this point to be enlightened

He is more concerned about an unproven afterlife, not Enlightenment. If he were, he wouldn't quote from a book arguably more preposterous than Romeo and Juliet or Lord of the Rings. Only that we don't take the latter books seriously.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:56am On May 03, 2016
santori:

good for you bro, unfortunately your folks through their antics successfully stopped the OP from going any further in revealing how he found the truth

they were already doing background checks on him to know where and when to attack him. giving the fact that we are in a religion fanatic ridden country where some are ready to maim and kill for their defenceless God
That's ridiculous!!! Why will they think such?

As for me, I'm not holding anything against him, its his opinion whether he chose to remain in the faith or not...

All I'm saying is, not all who are christians will make it to the last...

I remember someone saying we can win souls for Christ and still miss it.. Such is the case here and its normal
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 9:58am On May 03, 2016
JustStardust:

He is more concerned about an unproven afterlife, not Enlightenment. If he were, he wouldn't quote from a book arguably more preposterous than Romeo and Juliet or Lord of the Rings. Only that we don't take the latter books seriously.
You can call the bible anything.. But it is the only TRUTH!!!!!!!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 9:58am On May 03, 2016
santori:

good for you bro, unfortunately your folks through their antics successfully stopped the OP from going any further in revealing how he found the truth

they were already doing background checks on him to know where and when to attack him. giving the fact that we are in a religion fanatic ridden country where some are ready to maim and kill for their [b]defenceless [/b]God

Epic grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 9:59am On May 03, 2016
polymathic:

what

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by malvisguy212: 9:59am On May 03, 2016
HardMirror:

Can you kindly quit stressing yourself?
Now I want to use this guys post to point some things out to the intelligent people here.
1. Notice the words he used all caps for:
-"MR NEW ATHEIST"
-FOOL
Now this is psychology, tho he is doing it subconsciously. He is using the "mr new atheist" tag on me in order to down-size my confidence and make me feel inexperienced or feel I am new so I don't really know what I am saying. Nice tactics there. Always works when preaching. You have to make your target feel they don't know much about life. They have to have little confidence in themselves. This makes it easy for them to listen to the so called "superior" argument you bring.
-he subtly used the word "fool" but he made sure I noticed it by typing it in Caps. This is to further break down my confidence in myself or what I think I know.
Then he finishes with drawing my attention to something that is a threat to me. What lies in wait for me after death. Now this is a very smart move.
Why?
-he feels it would be hard for me to disprove punishment awaiting me after death.
- he is using threats.
- fear of the unknown could make me succumb to his solution (being born again).
These are the essentials.
More of this as we go on.
its your choice, you chose God or reject Him, do you think you've found true peace ?The excitement of living life on the edge, as God takes you beyond what you are humanly capable of. Divine power to love the unlovable, to break
destructive habits, to resist peer pressure and to control such weaknesses as temper, greed, and selfishness. Not even death can snatch this JOY from you.
In the days you're a christian, do you think you know God ? Its is the pride in you that thought you lies that you know God. Your reasons for not becoming a Christian may be more flimsy that you realize. Years ago, psychologists
carefully explained to smokers the danger of smoking. They discovered that those who continued to smoke reported enjoying smoking more than before. Apparently, the discrepancy
between their behavior and what they knew they should do, forced their minds to exaggerate the pleasures of smoking. Likewise, a reluctance to become a Christian
could subject people to psychological pressures that distort their perception of the benefits or logic of remaining spiritually divorced from Jesus.

Your decision about religion is as
serious as a starving person deciding whether to risk eating something which might be deadly. And if you eat nothing for weeks, indecision becomes as deadly as the worse decision.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by analice107: 9:59am On May 03, 2016
HardMirror:

Na you sabi. You can kindly leave the thread. I am not here to convert people. I am here to correct some misconception and share my story and many around the world are searching for details of the lives of people who from Christians are now atheists.
Christians converts unbelievers, Satan converts Chritians. Weldone, your reward is great in hellfire.
Deep down, when none of us is with you, you know how much you mean to satan. you know, so dont come here a pretend about being an atheist who do not believe in satan. All the witches and Wizards are right here on nl pretending to be atheists, why wont any of you for once declare openly to being a practicing Witch or Wizard rather than being an atheist? O sorry, Sarassin did.

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 10:00am On May 03, 2016
johnydon22:

A conference or auditorium large enough for the people attending. . . Will be an open ground for discussions, questions, lectures and debate for everyone.

I'm thinking it should be somewhere in Lagos even though i am in Enugu

Lagos is good. Lets try unilag s main auditorium grin grin

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by malvisguy212: 10:01am On May 03, 2016
HardMirror:

Can you kindly quit stressing yourself?
Now I want to use this guys post to point some things out to the intelligent people here.
1. Notice the words he used all caps for:
-"MR NEW ATHEIST"
-FOOL
Now this is psychology, tho he is doing it subconsciously. He is using the "mr new atheist" tag on me in order to down-size my confidence and make me feel inexperienced or feel I am new so I don't really know what I am saying. Nice tactics there. Always works when preaching. You have to make your target feel they don't know much about life. They have to have little confidence in themselves. This makes it easy for them to listen to the so called "superior" argument you bring.
-he subtly used the word "fool" but he made sure I noticed it by typing it in Caps. This is to further break down my confidence in myself or what I think I know.
Then he finishes with drawing my attention to something that is a threat to me. What lies in wait for me after death. Now this is a very smart move.
Why?
-he feels it would be hard for me to disprove punishment awaiting me after death.
- he is using threats.
- fear of the unknown could make me succumb to his solution (being born again).
These are the essentials.
More of this as we go on.
its your choice, you chose God or reject Him, do you think you've found true peace ?The excitement of living life on the edge, as God takes you beyond what you are humanly capable of. Divine power to love the unlovable, to break
destructive habits, to resist peer pressure and to control such weaknesses as temper, greed, and selfishness. Not even death can snatch this JOY from you.
In the days you're a christian, do you think you know God ? Its is the pride in you that thought you lies that you know God. Your reasons for not becoming a Christian may be more flimsy that you realize. Years ago, psychologists
carefully explained to smokers the danger of smoking. They discovered that those who continued to smoke reported enjoying smoking more than before. Apparently, the discrepancy
between their behavior and what they knew they should do, forced their minds to exaggerate the pleasures of smoking. Likewise, a reluctance to become a Christian
could subject people to psychological pressures that distort their perception of the benefits or logic of remaining spiritually divorced from Jesus.

Your decision about religion is as serious as a starving person deciding whether to risk eating something which might be deadly. And if you eat nothing for weeks, indecision becomes as deadly as the worse decision.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 10:03am On May 03, 2016
urahara:

Lagos is good. Lets try unilag s main auditorium grin grin

If anyone can arrange that, you know it will require funds and i also plan a refreshment item.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by JustStardust: 10:05am On May 03, 2016
polymathic:

Truth about what?? undecided

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 10:08am On May 03, 2016
johnydon22:

If anyone can arrange that, you know it will require funds and i also plan a refreshment item.

Ok. Its going to cost a lot. grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by analice107: 10:10am On May 03, 2016
wirinet:

That is where you got it wrong. Nairaland has changed many peoples religious beliefs, many people have abandoned religion altogether because of Nairaland, including the founder - Seun. Nairaland provides avenue for people to come out of the closet and question religious dogma they have been indoctrinated with since childhood.
you are invariably saying that Nairaland is satanic platform to lead souls astray?
Very good , Weldone Suen, You have done well, Your reward awaits you.
Matthew 18:6 But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in and acknowledge and cleave to Me to stumble and sin [that is, who entices him or hinders him in right conduct or thought], it would be better (more expedient and profitable or advantageous) for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be sunk in the depth of the sea.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by santori: 10:11am On May 03, 2016
JustStardust:

spot on

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2016
Pls people offer possible places in lagos the forum can hold
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 10:15am On May 03, 2016
As the arguments are still going on, I am amazed as the wisdom and thought it takes to drop these views.
Would like to however say to my brothers in the Lord that our words alone won't change the hearts of people. Our lives, our way of living, and most importantly praying for God's spirit to encounter them.

Also Christianity as God planned it isn't a religion, it's actually a way of life. The apostles were called Christians in Antioch because of the way they lived their lives. The world isn't interested in hearing the word as much as they did in the days of old, they read our lives. So when Jesus said we aren't subject to the laws again he meant religion.
God hates religion because slowly men due to the corrupt nature of our hearts have corrupted religion. If you doubt your Christian faith, pray to encounter Christ who is the only way the reach God. Pray with soberness in your heart and hold on to the faith that he would show himself to you in all his splendour, you may become blind like Paul but it's all for the greater glory of God.

Faith is believing something without questioning, therefore asking a Christian who is christ-like to question his faith and think freely is actually asking him to stop having faith. If however he/she does question the faith then His/her faith is weak to start with.
Surely the word of God was written by men but it was inspired by the spirit of God that's why so many different men wrote the 66 books of the bible and yet they all follow a pattern. Most of the knowledge we have acquired are from reading books, last I checked books were written by men equally. Soo....

He that Has an ear let him here what the spirit of God is saying to the world for whether you like it or not the world would end one day and when it does where would you spend your eternity?
Finally to the atheist, agonist et al brothers telling my Christian brothers to question our faith it's not possible to do that. I pray that before your night comes you encounter the true God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by johnydon22(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2016
urahara:
Pls people offer possible places in lagos the forum can hold

We'll create a different thread for that
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by santori: 10:21am On May 03, 2016
malvisguy212:

serious as a starving person deciding whether to risk eating something which might be deadly. And if you eat nothing for weeks, indecision becomes as deadly as the worse decision.

if all you said up there is the benefits of Christianity, why is Nigeria so messed up while the most peaceful and prosperous places on earth are places where they don't believe in the existence of god . I know you will surely come up with a twist.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by santori: 10:23am On May 03, 2016
Millex:
As the arguments are still going on, I am amazed as the wisdom and thought it takes to drop these views.
Would like to however say to my brothers in the Lord that our words alone won't change the hearts of people. Our lives, our way of living, and most importantly praying for God's spirit to encounter them.

Also Christianity as God planned it isn't a religion, it's actually a way of life. The apostles were called Christians in Antioch because of the way they lived their lives. The world isn't interested in hearing the word as much as they did in the days of old, they read our lives. So when Jesus said we aren't subject to the laws again he meant religion.
God hates religion because slowly men due to the corrupt nature of our hearts have corrupted religion. If you doubt your Christian faith, pray to encounter Christ who is the only way the reach God. Pray with soberness in your heart and hold on to the faith that he would show himself to you in all his splendour, you may become blind like Paul but it's all for the greater glory of God.

Faith is believing something without questioning, therefore asking a Christian who is christ-like to question his faith and think freely is actually asking him to stop having faith. If however he/she does question the faith then His/her faith is weak to start with.
Surely the word of God was written by men but it was inspired by the spirit of God that's why so many different men wrote the 66 books of the bible and yet they all follow a pattern. Most of the knowledge we have acquired are from reading books, last I checked books were written by men equally. Soo....

He that Has an ear let him here what the spirit of God is saying to the world for whether you like it or not the world would end one day and when it does where would you spend your eternity?
Finally to the atheist, agonist et al brothers telling my Christian brothers to question our faith it's not possible to do that. I pray that before your night comes you encounter the true God.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahaha

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by matrix600(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2016
chubbyswit:
let the delusional being first prove that his great great grandfather existed before that one. It'll be too much for him to handle
a short answer to that is nobody absolutely knows how the universe came to be. Science is studying and making calculated gueses and then experimenting to be sure, while religion claims to know all but is unable to provide proof to their claims. So in short- we dont know, but we want to know.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 10:25am On May 03, 2016
[quote author=polymathic post=45267231]That's ridiculous!!! Why will they think such?

As for me, I'm not holding anything against him, its his opinion whether he chose to remain in the faith or not...

All I'm saying is, not all who are christians will make it to the last...

I remember someone saying we can win souls for Christ and still miss it.. Such is the case here and its normal

Also God didn't ask man to kill or abuse for His sake. That's just the nature of man being wicked as he is, showing however that that person doesn't know Jesus the old adamic nature is still at work.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by santori: 10:26am On May 03, 2016
analice107:

Christians converts unbelievers, Satan converts Chritians. Weldone, your reward is great in hellfire.
Deep down, when none of us is with you, you know how much you mean to satan. you know, so dont come here a pretend about being an atheist who do not believe in satan. All the witches and Wizards are right here on nl pretending to be atheists, why wont any of you for once declare openly to being a practicing Witch or Wizard rather than being an atheist? O sorry, Sarassin did.

there you go again with the threats. smh, a religion premised on threats.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by urahara(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2016
santori:

She forgets that the truth needs no threats nor compulsion for people to accept it as true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by santori: 10:29am On May 03, 2016
analice107:

the funny thing is, your brothers and sisters in dogmatism( jehova witnesses) don't even believe in your hellish threats

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 10:30am On May 03, 2016
santori:

if all you said up there is the benefits of Christianity, why is Nigeria so messed up while the most peaceful and prosperous places on earth are places where they don't believe in the existence of god . I know you will surely come up with a twist.
Last I checked there is no peaceful place on earth, it's either gangfights, terrorism, earthquakes, landslides, volcano eruption, man killing his neighbours, robbery, apathy, starvation, famine etc. The world is cursed due to sin, the allocation of the curse is just in varing degrees geographically
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by tim26will: 10:33am On May 03, 2016
HardMirror:
Now christianity is a fantastic religion. Although we love saying christianity is not a religion (smiles), we prefer saying it is a relationship with God. I smile because these are part of the things that makes christianity seem special. (More on this later)
Many people erroneously think atheists were never good christians, or that they become atheists because they want to sin. Lol, that is absolutely wrong. It is almost impossible to be a better christian than I was. I don't joke with purity and sincerity. I fast for more than half of the year, to maintain a good level of purity and focus. (And I was damn thin too).
This is one of the reasons why it is impossible to convert me again. There is nothing anyone can say or do that shakes me.
So christians online stop thinking people are not being sincere when they say they are atheists.

MY JOURNEY TO ATHEISM BEGINS
Hhhhhmmmm, I carefully read your story and comments that followed and all I saw is religious you and others.
Come to think of it, what actually is Christianity? The bible define it as a life that follows that of Jesus Christ while on earth. The disciples were called Christian (Christ like) in Antioch seeing that they have been with Christ through their ways of life.
I'm not a good writer , but believe me, in summary of the whole bible, I have come to understand that either you take Christianity as a religion or otherwise, it doesn't change the true meaning of Christianity . People have define it as "A way of Life" but it's a big NO. It is not a way of life. The biblical meaning of Christianity is " It's a Pathway to Life and life abundantly". Ooo!! You are quick to say "what is this one saying" , yes you're are right, many of us missed it out at the tale end leading to discouragement and ultimately backsliding because we failed to really allowed the Holy Spirit to guide us to know what Christianity is. It is a pathway which we run on and we do it with all patient because the pathway is very narrow and rough. It is actually an unknown path but being guided by His Words through the Holy Spirit.
Wrongly defined as a way of life is causing many and I say many Christians to fall out of Grace. A way of life is what you already know and you can guide yourself into it, but Christianity is not like that. David said He (God) led me through the path of righteousness for HIS name sake. When he (David) thought he knew the way already so he can live it as he want , he went immediately astray, and that is why he followed that verse of the bible with "Yea, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I'll fear no evil.........."

Coming to you my brother, your case is not too far from others like you that are very fervent during their schooling days but backslided after leaving because their expectation were not met or got caught in the affairs of life which is different from the confined revolving life of their school days.
Listen, the bible says if all our expectation or hope is on this earth alone, it says we are the most miserable on earth.
You felt lost, but God has not lost you. So far JESUS is still on the throne, Grace is still available for the backsliding.
Don't look at others attitude to follow Christ neither all this great men of God life style to follow Christ.
But follow Christ by his word guided by the Holy Spirit.
Your decision is absolutely right. If I have your kind of heart, I will take same decision. But you can't know that a decision is wrong if you've not seen the right one. But you ran into this mistake because you put your mega achievement for Christ before you and made yourself a leader rather than for you look unto the reward laid up for you and continue to follow as a sheep.
HIS ROD AND HIS STAFF IS FOR YOU. Welcome back home is awaiting you. Bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 10:33am On May 03, 2016
polymathic:

johnydon22:

what

It's not just the Truth but it's the only truth. Nothing else is true.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by santori: 10:48am On May 03, 2016
Millex:

Last I checked there is no peaceful place on earth, it's either gangfights, terrorism, earthquakes, landslides, volcano eruption, man killing his neighbours, robbery, apathy, starvation, famine etc. The world is cursed due to sin, the allocation of the curse is just in varing degrees geographically

if I'm to go by your logic. the world has never been peaceful since genesis .
and all the so called prophets and son of God and God himself have failed to reign in peace to the world

doesn't that negates the fact that the biblical God is not as powerful as being claimed

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 10:51am On May 03, 2016
analice107:

Deep down, when none of us is with you, you know how much you mean to satan. you know, so dont come here a pretend about being an atheist who do not believe in satan. All the witches and Wizards are right here on nl pretending to be atheists , why wont any of you for once declare openly to being a practicing Witch or Wizard rather than being an atheist? O sorry, Sarassin did.
And yet they claim not to be in bondage. Just look at this one, keep imagining witches and wizards. This how religious people jump into conclusion labeling innocent people witches and wizards, suspecting everyone to be in alliance with the devil to pull them down. Even animals are not left out of the suspicions.

8 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Theophinio(m): 10:52am On May 03, 2016
nelsonoba:

Can I tell you something Mr NEW ATHEIST? We are not in a competition with atheists.......nobody is begging you to do God a favour by believing in Him. If you believe in God and the death and resurrection of Christ for your sins, you are merely doing yourself a favour of saving your soul. You will certainly discover if you or me is the FOOL here by the time you die and get into eternity to face judgement. Let's leave the answer to that till we both close our eyes here on earth and open them in eternity! No need to argue with you.
Perfect answer Beloved in Christ
No need to force anybody to accept the finished work on the Cross
#AMOUTOFHERE.
#PEACE

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Millex(m): 10:58am On May 03, 2016
santori:

if I'm to go by your logic. the world has never been peaceful since genesis .
and all the so called prophets and son of God and God himself have failed to reign in peace to the world

doesn't that negates the fact that the biblical God is not as powerful as being claimed
Lol you missing it, this world is cursed by sin, for all have sinned and have come short of the glory of God. That a few prophets and sons of God have come doesn't mean they came to save the world like bring utopia. They came to save the world so that we can enjoy the peace and tranquillity in eternity. Oh what did men do to the prophets and men of God? They were flogged, hung, ridiculed, etc. They have done their work, those who turned to God turned to God, those who didn't well, they turned to Satan.
You then ask why can't God create peace on earth since He is all powerful and sovereign? Every that happens and doesn't happen is He willed it. Why not follow God by accepting that Jesus Christ died for you, let the spirit of God guide you through life,Keep the statutes of God, drop your unbelief experience God and when you die and go to heaven you can ask God, or better still if you claim there's no life after death then what do you have to lose? By living for God?.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by HardMirror(m): 10:58am On May 03, 2016
malvisguy212:

Indeed the saying from the scriptures is true "you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"
I am free from delusion and self deception. I live life to the fullest, I am happy and responsible.

I know an imaginary friend and father is a necessary lie that some people need to keep them going. Atheism is not for the weak or fearful. It is for those who are ready to take full responsibility for their lives.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.