Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again - Religion (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (207699 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / Part 3: Pastor To Atheist: Ask Me Any Question I Will Answer If Safe For Me / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 11:16pm On May 10, 2016
mrZENographer:

Ride on dear Bro. You used a sweet hard-cane truth which I liked. The Lord reward you graciously.

Amen o!

The truth is, I don't care who it is but as a Christian we have a great responsibility to defend our faith and God.

Paul said urges us to contend with those trying to take away our faith. Scipturally, Im ready to take on any none entity so dares God.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by cloudgoddess(f): 11:35pm On May 10, 2016
laribari:

Amen o!

The truth is, I don't care who it is but as a Christian we have a great responsibility to defend our faith and God.

Paul said urges us to contend with those trying to take away our faith. Scipturally, Im ready to take on any none entity so dares God.
Because you are indoctrinated.

The fruits of indoctrination are unquestioning obedience and defensiveness towards anyone who opposes or criticizes the religion (whether their criticisms are logically sound or not). Your mind has been taken over by dogma and you are psychologically compelled to defend it at all costs, regardless of what is reasonable.

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 6:29am On May 11, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The fruIts of indoctrination are unquestioning obedience and defensiveness towards anyone who opposes or criticizes the religion (whether their criticisms are logically sound or not). Your mind has been taken over by dogma and you are psychologically compelled to defend it at all costs, regardless of what is reasonable.

I don't know what you are talking about and you didn't really make any point apart from a few grammar here and there. Well, if you say I am a zealot in one word, then I agree.

The point I'm making is that I know God is so so real because I have spoken with him before (in a situation when you asked a question and a loud thunderous and water gushing voice was responding to you). I asked somethings I have wanted to know but forgot many in the excitement and awe of His presence. Besides, God is wise and can't reveal everything to us before their time.

I remember telling my best friend then........"Shola God dey talk" and he said I know nau and I replied " not as you think, I mean Him dey talk like us in a conversation". The guy was looking at me like one crazy guy and was thinking this dude is crazy. grin

I used to just see God as one big deity you don't talk to, a deity you can't feel because of my catholic background and was never introduced to the Holy Ghost until campus days. Even my younger brother has healed the sick in a total miracle, small campus boy and we just attend Gtan a small but mighty in faith Christian group in uniben those days.

I do not support God for any reason, neither do I challenge anyone who says there is no God for no reason but because I have seen the LORD. If you know what I mean. I challenge people with all sense of responsibility and not violence because violence cannot convince anyone but I also use scriptures to support my argument and deep wisdom. I have never lost an argument about God's existence or what is true and what is not true from the bible because I am scripturally enlightened and loaded with knowledge.

Sorry if it sounds like boasting but like Paul said, my boasting is in the LORD.

im called into ministry even though I have not started yet. I have done a lot of things through Him especially on campus days because God starts with someone during youth days. I can't say a lot here but I have tasted God FIRST HAND. No human or spirit can tell me Jesus is not ALIVE and I will defend that anywhere even if it cost my life. As a Christian I have that responsibility and God will query us for it if we do not defend our faith. He said hold it down (occupy) till I come back.

Mind you, my defense of the gospel of Jesus as to what is true or what is not true within or outside the church is not in violence but prove my point physically and scripturally. I am not a supporter of God because of sentiment but some people have really experienced God.

God is a rewarded of those who diligently seek His face.

I agree with you that my mind is taken over but it is taken over by the truth. I donot know what I have experienced so leave it at that.

This was why I said the atheist guy who started this trend does not know what he's saying and I took him on before he ran away. How can you claim to be a pastor and know so much abt God and turn atheist again. He was never a Christian or he met with a demon.

It's just so hard to tell or convince someone like me that there is no God with what I have heard, seen and experienced? Haba!

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 7:10am On May 11, 2016
^^^
God, the creator of the universe speaks with you and you are here sound like an insane person. Boasting and talking trash... trying to make me see this God as a box in your head. There is not even a sign in your whole write-up that shows that you are too special to be communicating with the creator of this world. Yes, talk is cheap so you can repeat it all over but why should we believe u? How many of you were there when he was speaking with u? Trust me, no matter how much you say God talked to u, if it was just a voice in ur head, then I put it to you that such a God is a coward.

All these lies just because you want to open you own church and start milking ignorant people. All the best.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 11:26am On May 11, 2016
mrZENographer:

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO. THIS IS SUCH WONDERFUL PIECE.
WAIT, so was that really the reason why he backslided? I've not seen a bigger fool. I perceived it was rebellion and not because he didn't know it's the truth. If you can't live righteous just humble yourself and keeping crying Lord help me, deliver me, I want to be with you forever. And God will help d humble. instead of rebellion that profits nothing but more wrath and condemnation for his wickedness and those he lead astray. But the righteous to life eternal.

Dear brother, he's made another thread. Go and save some souls with your God given talents. The Lord bless your soul.
Thank you brother. I will.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Nobody: 11:52am On May 11, 2016
matrix600:
i know i'm not the one to respond to this, but permit me to say something.. you speak of God, you speak of the first man infact you even know his name, you speak of the spirit, you mention apostle paul, you speak of faith, and you talk about God handing dominion to man. I believe you got these ideas from the bible therefore you speak from a christian point of view, which is exactly the angle you see the world from. If you want to really grasp what the OP is talking about in this thread, then try to make your comments from a neutral point of view. You see the world from a christian standpoint, according to what your faith allows, you forget that there're billions of people on earth that don't share your faith. So when you talk about God, the first man, and how he gave dominion to man, make a reference to something that is universal. Don't forget that we do not all share the same God, or the same stories about the world.
Thank you brother. In order to contribute meaningful to the Ops retribution, you have to look from were he is coming from, you have to bring out your points and views from that perspective, as the spirit leads, a part of the scripture says something it says " look, consider, TAKE COUNSEL, and contribute" there are different forms of counsel hence a neutral man can't contribute anything meaningful to him. Am sure the op understands what am saying, the only meaningful thing a neutral man can say was my last sentence there "let every man do as he pleases and that which is good to him and humanity.

1 Like

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Adedoks(m): 3:10pm On May 11, 2016
I can see the devil has done a great job in confusing so many destinies... Op n all the other atheists n Agon... Whatever u guys call urself Av no idea of what dis world is really about. In the Spiritual ladder of this life u guys are at the lowest level.. No certainty of anything... People crippled with a life of inner fear n confusion. I laugh but feel great pity for all of u. Am not here to speak sweet words of reconciliation... But to warn you that this part you guys are threading will lead to death. Unfortunately some of the person's encouraging the Op are not even real humans... I laugh at the thick ignorance of plenty people here... ONLY Jesus can save
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by frank317: 5:56pm On May 11, 2016
Adedoks:
I can see the devil has done a great job in confusing so many destinies... Op n all the other atheists n Agon... Whatever u guys call urself Av no idea of what dis world is really about. In the Spiritual ladder of this life u guys are at the lowest level.. No certainty of anything... People crippled with a life of inner fear n confusion. I laugh but feel great pity for all of u. Am not here to speak sweet words of reconciliation... But to warn you that this part you guys are threading will lead to death. Unfortunately some of the person's encouraging the Op are not even real humans... I laugh at the thick ignorance of plenty people here... ONLY Jesus can save

Wow! Wise one... sharp guy... you just realized am not human... nice one bro.

Alright now leave this thread before I attack u in the night... you better leave me to use my spiritual powers to continue receiving the Op and all the atheists on this thread... leave, leave! Leave!!!!!!!!
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2016
frank317:

^^^
God, the creator of the universe speaks with you and you are here sound like an insane person. Boasting and talking trash... trying to make me see this God as a box in your head. There is not even a sign in your whole write-up that shows that you are too special to be communicating with the creator of this world. Yes, talk is cheap so you can repeat it all over but why should we believe u? How many of you were there when he was speaking with u? Trust me, no matter how much you say God talked to u, if it was just a voice in ur head, then I put it to you that such a God is a coward.

All these lies just because you want to open you own church and start milking ignorant people. All the best.

You see how weak, funny and ignorant you are? God does not use special people who are super heros. You are scripturally empty as you don't even know the scripture but at least you belief God created the universe grin
Didn't the bible says God uses the stupid things of these world to confound the wise?

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

You see that you don't know anything bout how God works?

Apostle Paul was brought to nothing but a blind man when God started with him. Peter was an ordinary fisher and an ilitrate when Jesus took him and upon that same not special one did Jesus commit the church.
David was an ordinary shepard boy at 18 years when he dealt with goliath and God used him.

Moses was a runner and lost every he had when God started with him. Haba! Father Abraham was an idol worshipper in his father's house when God started with him.Abram had no child at the time.

Joseph was an ordinary carpenter when God choose to bring Jesus in his lineage. Should I go on? You see my friend, u are empty scripturally and don't know God is not looking for the best, else we will glory in ourselves.

If I were special u would have heard so much about me but I am not. I just shared a testimony and only God bears me witness and those who know me.

You want me to prove it so that you can belief? You do not have to belief and I have nothing to prove to you as long as there are true ministers of God out there. God called many of them in same ways and others in various ways. When God called Enoch Adeboye, Oyakilome, Ikumuyi etc, who was there?

You think God works with third party?

Moses at the burning bush who else was with him, Abraham about his promise child who was there? Daniel in the dream who was there? When God spoke to Mary through angel Gabriel, who was there and Zachariah too?

Go and read the bible please.

Even if you see evidence you will still argue blindly but believing is by faith but in your words you have narrowed God and condemed Him in a box that He can only talk to certain people. I really pity ur ignorance because e high well well.

2 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Weah96: 1:11pm On May 12, 2016
laribari:

You see how weak, funny and ignorant you are? God does not use special people who are super heros. You are scripturally empty as you don't even know the scripture but at least you belief God created the universe grin
Didn't the bible says God uses the stupid things of these world to confound the wise?

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

You see that you don't know anything bout how God works?

Apostle Paul was brought to nothing but a blind man when God started with him. Peter was an ordinary fisher and an ilitrate when Jesus took him and upon that same not special one did Jesus commit the church.
David was an ordinary shepard boy at 18 years when he dealt with goliath and God used him.

Moses was a runner and lost every he had when God started with him. Haba! Father Abraham was an idol worshipper in his father's house when God started with him.Abram had no child at the time.

Joseph was an ordinary carpenter when God choose to bring Jesus in his lineage. Should I go on? You see my friend, u are empty scripturally and don't know God is not looking for the best, else we will glory in ourselves.

If I were special u would have heard so much about me but I am not. I just shared a testimony and only God bears me witness and those who know me.

You want me to prove it so that you can belief? You do not have to belief and I have nothing to prove to you as long as there are true ministers of God out there. God called many of them in same ways and others in various ways. When God called Enoch Adeboye, Oyakilome, Ikumuyi etc, who was there?

You think God works with third party?

Moses at the burning bush who else was with him, Abraham about his promise child who was there? Daniel in the dream who was there? When God spoke to Mary through angel Gabriel, who was there and Zachariah too?

Go and read the bible please.

Even if you see evidence you will still argue blindly but believing is by faith but in your words you have narrowed God and condemed Him in a box that He can only talk to certain people. I really pity ur ignorance because e high well well.

If there is a creator of the universe, and that creator happens to be the Bible god, AND that same creator speaks to you today, then you will be endowed with special gifts that support your experience.

Typing words on NL is not proof of your encounter with the creator of the universe, the same creator who supposedly made all human beings. Paul, Elijah, Simon Peter all made the same claim, that they spoke to the creator of the universe.

One of them manage to set a small stream of water ablaze by calling fire down from the sky.

3 Likes

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 1:48pm On May 12, 2016
Weah96:

If there is a creator of the universe, and that creator happens to be the Bible god, AND that same creator speaks to you today, then you will be endowed with special gifts that support your experience.

Typing words on NL is not proof of your encounter with the creator of the universe, the same creator who supposedly made all human beings. Paul, Elijah, Simon Peter all made the same claim, that they spoke to the creator of the universe.

One of them manage to set a small stream of water ablaze by calling fire down from the sky.

I love what you said and it made me smile. Bros, if the bible didnt record what those great guys did you for nor believe. God is not respected of persons and I have really tasted God Bros and no need to say anything because no evidence on NL only those who were there. The power of God is real indeed and He can use anyone.
Another massive gift of the spirit I have is revelation of the word. Anyways enuf abt me as it's taking attention away from the topic at hand.

Why I talked briefly abt myself is that I can't taste God and know Him to the level I did and come out again one day to say I'm atheist. It is weird and that is the point I'm trying to clarify when I talked abt my self.

It's like saying my brother in overseas is not real becos I don't see him but talk on the fone.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Weah96: 4:15pm On May 12, 2016
laribari:

I love what you said and it made me smile. Bros, if the bible didnt record what those great guys did you for nor believe. God is not respected of persons and I have really tasted God Bros and no need to say anything because no evidence on NL only those who were there. The power of God is real indeed and He can use anyone.
Another massive gift of the spirit I have is revelation of the word. Anyways enuf abt me as it's taking attention away from the topic at hand.

Why I talked briefly abt myself is that I can't taste God and know Him to the level I did and come out again one day to say I'm atheist. It is weird and that is the point I'm trying to clarify when I talked abt my self.

It's like saying my brother in overseas is not real becos I don't see him but talk on the fone.

I don't believe that Elijah called fire down from the sky. What I do believe is that you will need to perform something similar before expecting ANYONE to believe that you communicate with the creator of the whole universe.

Elijah was providing evidence of his claim by calling fire down from the sky, whether the event really happened or not.

Every time you use your mouth to tell someone how God speaks to you, remember the requirement of the Bible Elijah. There are certain magical feats you must do, otherwise you are to remain quiet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2016
Weah96:

I don't believe that Elijah called fire down from the sky. What I do believe is that you will need to perform something similar before expecting ANYONE to believe that you communicate with the creator of the whole universe.

Elijah was providing evidence of his claim by calling fire down from the sky, whether the event really happened or not.

Every time you use your mouth to tell someone how God speaks to you, remember the requirement of the Bible Elijah. There are certain magical feats you must do, otherwise you are to remain quiet.

Lol ignorant na sickness honestly.
So every man of God called today has to perform like Elijah?
Didn't the bible say let every man abide in his own calling?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2016
Weah96:

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 5:27pm On May 12, 2016
Weah96:

1 Corinthians 7:24 Brethren, let every man, wherein he is called, therein abide with God.

I have few questions for you.

1. Are you a Christian? 2. Are you born Again? 3. Do you read the bible?

Please answer these question because the number 3 is something you are displaying that you don't read the bible but I wanna be sure of somethings first.

Didn't the bible say the just shall live by faith? So your own God is seeing is believing? grin. Obviously I am really really wasting time talking to you because you are asking some questions that just proves you are ignorant.

So if I perform signs like Elijah you will believe me abi? grin

I sorry for you. So you will not say I'm using juju or dark magic by then? People are so funny and you are not talking to a novice.

Even Jesus as many great works that He did, the people didn't call for His crucifixion?

When Jesus went to His own home town He couldn't heal anyone because they do not belief. Imagine, they have heard the great works He did in other places but still don't belief when they saw Him face to face.

Matthew 13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house. 13:58 And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

I just laugh at your funny comments because if at all you see miracles it's people like you that will call it juju. If they do not belief Jesus despite all the great works He did in other places, who am I, an ordinary sand like me.

God speaks to people, many are not just sensitive enuf in the spirit. I'm not special and God speaks to every believer and even in our sleep too. There are testimonies and evidence within the church but you want me to prove something to you on NL. If you don't believe God in faith, trust me in reality you still will not. That is the principle.

Mtchew Abeg just rest.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Weah96: 5:55pm On May 12, 2016
laribari:

My friend, be quiet. It is you who hasn't read the Bible. I've exhausted the material in that book, and it was a big waste of my time.

Mark 16:15-18King James Version (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Go and deceive children or gullible adults. You can NEVER just use your mouth to tell another human that you or your pastor speak to the creator of everything. You must put on a very big magical demonstration. That's just the nature of human culture.

The Bible is riddled with stories of believers performing magic, with Jesus being the biggest magician of them all. In your case, you expect me to simply read your words and believe. Go and read your Bible again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2016
Weah96:

My friend, be quiet. It is you who hasn't read the Bible. I've exhausted the material in that book, and it was a big waste of my time.

Go and deceive children or gullible adults. You can NEVER just use your mouth to tell another human that you or your pastor speak to the creator of everything. You must put on a very big magical demonstration. That's just the nature of human culture.

The Bible is riddled with stories of believers performing magic, with Jesus being the biggest magician of them all. In your case, you expect me to simply read your words and believe. Go and read your Bible again.

Only fool like you will like the trash you just put up. Ask any proper Christian they will tell you God ministers to people and in words too.

You are indeed an antichrist with your statement for suggesting God is a dumb God.

Please just carry your beast orientation go becos you only reason in the flesh. grin

Beast in the bible depicts a man who is carnal (reason within physical realm alone). I have already told you that your words sounds like that of a child.

Answer me first, are u a Christian?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Weah96: 7:53pm On May 12, 2016
laribari:

Only fool like you will like the trash you just put up. Ask any proper Christian they will tell you God ministers to people and in words too.

You are indeed an antichrist with your statement for suggesting God is a dumb God.

Please just carry your beast orientation go becos you only reason in the flesh. grin

Beast in the bible depicts a man who is carnal (reason within physical realm alone). I have already told you that your words sounds like that of a child.

Answer me first, are u a Christian?

Must you be an Islamic terrorist to understand that suicide bombing is foolishness? The truth will cut you like a dagger. It is none of my business and I don't care how it makes you feel.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by laribari(m): 12:42am On May 13, 2016
Weah96:

Must you be an Islamic terrorist to understand that suicide bombing is foolishness? The truth will cut you like a dagger. It is none of my business and I don't care how it makes you feel.

I just left you to your foolishness. grin
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by InesQor(m): 12:57am On May 13, 2016
PastorAIO:
Every now and again a thread comes along in nairaland that makes sticking around worthwhile.

What a sweet thread!!?

If you had to, would you identify as an atheist nowadays?
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 8:23am On May 13, 2016
InesQor:

If you had to, would you identify as an atheist nowadays?

Greetings InesQ!! How you dey?

I don't identify as an atheist, not yet. I've been there before in my past and I doubt I'll go back there.

However I am atheist to many concepts of God, if not all.

The whole affair is made more complicated by the realisation that when people talk about God they are all talking about something slightly (or not so slightly) different. So to be an atheist one has to specify what one is being an atheist about.

Besides I don't think the main bone of contention is whether or not there is a Creator, but rather whether there is a distinction between Natural and supernatural realities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by mrZENographer: 12:13pm On May 13, 2016
matrix600:
Its very easy for you to see your religion as the truth, and the others as lies from the devil and leaders. There are several religions and several walks of life and the followers of these various paths, like you, hold in mind that theirs is THE TRUTH as well. The same way you see theirs as lies is the same way they see yours. If a ask you what this truth is all about you'll begin quoting bible verses for me, if i ask a muslim same, he'll begin reciting the Quran verses. Nobody will see the truth and not accept it, except they're not convinced if the truth is really what it claims to be.

I understand that according to you, the 'Devil' is the one to always take the blames. God takes the glories thats for sure. Such mindsets scare me.

Me too. Your mindset scares me. Anyways my aim was not to defend Christianity but show you that NOT all religions are TRUE. And it's obvious because TRUTH CANNOT BE MANY.
Example if Obi is a boy. And I come and say to you he is a boy. Another can say it is a girl, or another says a homophobic, or another an animal. He remains a boy. He cannot be otherwise.

So there is only one truth. Others are lies.
it's either Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism and thousands among them IS THE TRUTH. Others will remain fair - extreme lies. That's my point.

Only one story can be true...
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by InesQor(m): 7:01pm On May 13, 2016
PastorAIO:

Greetings InesQ!! How you dey?

I don't identify as an atheist, not yet. I've been there before in my past and I doubt I'll go back there.

However I am atheist to many concepts of God, if not all.

The whole affair is made more complicated by the realisation that when people talk about God they are all talking about something slightly (or not so slightly) different. So to be an atheist one has to specify what one is being an atheist about.

Besides I don't think the main bone of contention is whether or not there is a Creator, but rather whether there is a distinction between Natural and supernatural realities.

I dey kampe, sir! grin Good to see you are in good e-spirits.

True, notions about God are subjective to the believer. Our experiences interacting with our own beliefs / disbeliefs are unique, but how the world is shaped by these beliefs/disbeliefs is what we all share together.

I would venture to say that the theism question is whether or not the word "supernatural" has any meaning at all (most atheists say it is a figment of people's imagination). And if it does, what is our "business" with such entities, or what is their business with us, and/or what are the rules of engagement.

Can there possibly be anything of a nature that is "beyond natural"? If intelligent life exists outside Earth, whether in the form of physically-bodied entities, waves of energy or say, an entire self-connected and intelligent universe, can any of these be regarded "supernatural" since they lie outside the purview of what we naturally know? Does the fact that we do not yet know something qualify it as supernatural (only until it is known)? Etc. More questions than answers...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by PastorAIO: 8:59pm On May 13, 2016
InesQor:

I dey kampe, sir! grin Good to see you are in good e-spirits.

True, notions about God are subjective to the believer. Our experiences interacting with our own beliefs / disbeliefs are unique, but how the world is shaped by these beliefs/disbeliefs is what we all share together.

I would venture to say that the theism question is whether or not the word "supernatural" has any meaning at all (most atheists say it is a figment of people's imagination). And if it does, what is our "business" with such entities, or what is their business with us, and/or what are the rules of engagement.

Can there possibly be anything of a nature that is "beyond natural"? If intelligent life exists outside Earth, whether in the form of physically-bodied entities, waves of energy or say, an entire self-connected and intelligent universe, can any of these be regarded "supernatural" since they lie outside the purview of what we naturally know? Does the fact that we do not yet know something qualify it as supernatural (only until it is known)? Etc. More questions than answers...

Don't let the atheists catch you saying that theism has anything to do with supernatural/naturalism. There are many theists who may believe in the supernatural but it doesn't play much of a role in their ideology. And there are many Atheists who have a rich supernatural beliefs. Like some buddhists for instance.

But the question of what people mean when they say supernatural has been of interest to me for a while now. It is another one of those ill defined terms that people use a lot.

The sense in which I use Natural and Supernatural is not in reference to things (corporal entities), but rather to processes. So there are various things and beings, and these things and beings can undergo Natural Processes and/or Supernatural processes.

Definition: Natural Processes are Processes in which influence passes from one event to another through space and through time, through the more proximal parts to the less proximal parts.

For example, if you take the universe as a string of events that started from the Initiation (to avoid creation vs big bang imbroglio) and extend as history through time towards the future, then I would take that to be a Natural Process.

In a Natural process all events are caused by prior events that occurred before them. Influence only travels forwards in Time. What you do today cannot have an outcome on what happened yesterday but what happened yesterday can have an outcome on today.

On the other hand Influence can move in any direction in space. But what is closer to the Cause (source of influence) experiences the influence before what is further.

What is Supernatural would then be any process that seems to over rule this Natural process.

For example. If I witness in my imagination an event that is yet to occur, i.e. a future event is making an impression on my mind today then possibly influence has passed backwards through time to make an impact on my mind.

Or another example, if you take the universe as one long historical process and you now imagine a Volition that is outside of this process (i.e. outside of the chain of causality) yet emits an influence that determines the outcome of an event in History, that Non-temporal influence would be supernatural.
I must point out that when I say that this volition is outside of history I'm not talking about the likes of most human volition which is just a part of the Natural process. e.g a man watches an advert and discovers that he has a strong desire to buy a pair of shoes and he goes out to buy them. You can trace his purchase back to the Advert he saw. The Volition was brought about by a prior event in time.
This is different from a volition that is not influenced by anything in the environment, not the upbringing, not the society, nothing. Such a volition influences history but is not influenced by history.

Before this starts becoming a long story, the long and short of what I'm saying is that I see the dichotomy of Natural Supernatural as a reference, not to beings or things, but to processes that things undergo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by bemagnify: 7:33am On May 14, 2016
house i av a question to ask....If God exist y will he allow what he created to suffer...i almost committed suicide cuz of stern hardship...me dnt tink God even exist
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Weah96: 11:20am On May 14, 2016
bemagnify:
house i av a question to ask....If God exist y will he allow what he created to suffer...i almost committed suicide cuz of stern hardship...me dnt tink God even exist

Depends on the meaning of the word god in your head. The Bible god is a fake though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by bemagnify: 2:27pm On May 14, 2016
Weah96:

Depends on the meaning of the word god in your head. The Bible god is a fake though.
as u can c....i used d word GOD nd nt god
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by charlesikhalea(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2016
freecocoa:
Devil that he was supposed to be quarrelling with o, btw. grin

How can you chase someone out of your kingdom for insubordination, yet entertain that person's request to try and shame you?

This made a whole lot of sense, n to think he already knew the outcome.... He allowed the man suffer just to prove what is already known... Heaven must truly be boring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by Weah96: 4:20pm On May 14, 2016
bemagnify:
as u can c....i used d word GOD nd nt god

What is the difference? The universe appeared for a reason. That reason, cause, is the source or what I call GOD. However, when you use the word, it undoubtedly refers to the Bible god, who possesses human traits like jealousy and anger.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by UyiIredia(m): 4:52pm On May 14, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The fruits of indoctrination are unquestioning obedience and defensiveness towards anyone who opposes or criticizes the religion (whether their criticisms are logically sound or not). Your mind has been taken over by dogma and you are psychologically compelled to defend it at all costs, regardless of what is reasonable.

Have you ever considered the fact that you could be the one indoctrinated in materialist dogma. Because the evidence for God from the universe and life in it is plainly manifest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by cloudgoddess(f): 5:14pm On May 14, 2016
UyiIredia:

Have you ever considered the fact that you could be the one indoctrinated in materialist dogma. Because the evidence for God from the universe and life in it is plainly manifest.
No it isn't. You keep saying this and you keep getting proven wrong.
Re: From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again by sweetcocoa(f): 5:19pm On May 14, 2016
charlesikhalea:

This made a whole lot of sense, n to think he already knew the outcome.... He allowed the man suffer just to prove what is already known... Heaven must truly be boring
I tell you my brother, I'd rather be in hell with the likes of Michael Jackson and co.grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (90) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.