Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta (26589 Views)

Policeman Shoots Soldier Dead In Delta. Gets Arrested (Graphic Photos) / Soldier Kills Woman In Ondo Army Barracks (pics) / Dismissed Soldier Kills Girlfriend Over Text Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by olokeded: 9:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
Tragedy struck on Saturday morning as a mother of a bride was allegedly shot dead by a soldier at the Ekpan Junction, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta.

The deceased was on her way to the wedding ceremony of her daughter when the incident occurred.

The first son of the deceased, Alero said a keke operator flouted the soldier’s order when he was flagged down and the soldier opened fire leading to the deceased death.

According to him, this reason is not enough for one of the soldiers to release bullets on my mother.

The sister told newsmen at the Ekpan Police station that the killer-soldier had been whisked away by members of the JTF contrary to reports that he had been arrested.

She also said that colleagues of the killer-soldier at the roadblock had been taken to Warri Area Command for questioning.

“They have not arrested the soldier. JTF whisked him away. His colleagues at the road block together with him are now at Warri Area Command.

“It was my mother that was shot not my sister that is wedding today. She was coming for the wedding,” she said.

The Delta Police Public Relations Officer, DSP. Celestina Kalu, and the Warri Area Commander, Mohammed Muazu, could not be reached for comment.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/tragedy-soldier-allegedly-shot-dead-brides-mother-delta/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by klassykute(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
sowie to d bride .. but put pishur na mk we c ha

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by madridguy(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
Eleyi gidi Gan ooooo.

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by seunlayi(m): 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
That is what they know how to do best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by paramedic: 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
What a shame!!!
RIP Ma'am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Collinz2(m): 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2016
Op its jakpa nt ekpan junction and she was not shot bt stab. The soldier stopped the keke to know why he is working during environmental period bt stuborn driver immediately revise and the soldier was trying to stop by using his gun which a daggar was tied he accidentally stab the lady. Later 3 other people was killed by the soldiers there.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by 124mumsy: 10:46pm On Apr 30, 2016
Collinz2:
Op its jakpa nt ekpan junction and she was not shot bt stab. The soldier stopped the keke to know why he is working during environmental period bt stuborn driver immediately revise and the soldier was trying to stop by using his gun which a daggar was tied he accidentally stab the lady. Later 3 other people was killed by the soldiers there.
why did the foolish soldier killed additional 3 person

12 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Collinz2(m): 12:01am On May 01, 2016
124mumsy:
why did the foolish soldier killed additional 3 person
if u ask me na who i go ask?
i was not there i heard it on a radio station this morning, the caller that gave the report was no clear so didnt get that part very well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by tommykiwi(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2016
Hmm....God have mercy. A day DAT was suppose to bring joy to the family turns out to be a sorrowful day for them. Dis will Neva be our portion IJN.....Amen....Rip.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by danielmichael(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2016
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by ExAngel007(f): 8:18am On May 01, 2016
oh my GOD

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by mightyhazell: 8:19am On May 01, 2016
Rip 2 the dead!

V painful I must say.
Justice must be served no mata wot

6 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by chronique(m): 8:19am On May 01, 2016
God forbid that the day of our joy,brings us sorrow.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by marshalcarter: 8:19am On May 01, 2016
Eyaaa is wa ooo
Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Nobody: 8:20am On May 01, 2016
When we voted Buhari and Osinbajo,
I assumed Nigeria will work again.

What measures have been put in place so far to curtail the excesses of the military.
if scapegoats are not made out of these guys, they will not change.

Here in lagos, they jump traffic thereby worsening an already bad traffic situation,
if you are not quick to realise they are behind you, you risk being harrassed.

where are all the sweet promises made by osinbajo that i personally shared on my timeline
are they all lies?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by refiner(f): 8:20am On May 01, 2016
...bad news!

one of the happiest day of the woman was cut short by a silly stubborn driver and an uncontrollable angry soldier!undecided

rip mummy!

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Ghydyon(m): 8:21am On May 01, 2016
Our soldiers needs to check how they exhibit their war treat in the civilian world.....

Rip to the bride's mum

Don't forget to vote MYSTICGAL for Miss Nairaland 2016

#VoteMysticgal

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by ugoboss26(m): 8:21am On May 01, 2016
Bros where for Jakpa make I dey give all those areas chance during sanitation, my life still dey sweet me

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Nobody: 8:22am On May 01, 2016
Why open fire at a keke in the first place,right now it seems the best thing to do is to replace our police force guns with batons,stories like this are very rampant.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by januzaj(m): 8:22am On May 01, 2016
klassykute:
sowie to d bride .. but put pishur na mk we c ha
wetin you go use pics do

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Nobody: 8:22am On May 01, 2016
The painful part is the soldier won't be executed. This country self don tire me....mtcheeew

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by dayoungmoney1: 8:23am On May 01, 2016
God please protect us from devil possessed men in uniform. so sad. shocked

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by OneManLegion(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2016
Those illiterate, blood-thirsty soldiers have no sense of honour.

They turn excellent marksmen when they face civilians but are usually nowhere to be seen when they're needed most.

They lack self-respect.

It feels nice being unbanned though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by agarawu23(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2016
sad
Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Equado(m): 8:29am On May 01, 2016
Collinz2:
yea heard the story, was warned to stay clear of jakpa junction yestaday. More details plz

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by nzgal: 8:31am On May 01, 2016
Collinz2:

People gathered at the Junction to protest the killing of the woman and the other JTF opened fire on the crowd leaving others dead.

After the environmental sanitation exercise, I passed Jakpa junction and it was looking like a war zone. The millitry post by the junction had been destroyed and people raised hands to trek thru solder barricades.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Nobody: 8:34am On May 01, 2016
so human beigns life has been taking away for just mear cleaning the street, does this mean that Rubbish and cleaning the streets is more important than humans in nigeria .
the soldier should not have killed some one, then again why did the keke man not just obey common Rules? typical nigerians, mad and untrained soldier and an ignorant keke Rider = death of an innocent woman.
and oh! why did the wedding even went Ahead knowing that its cleaning up day? all in all this whole sad and unfortunate death could have been Avoided if all parties obeyed the rules and stayed at home till the end of clean up.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by bastien: 8:39am On May 01, 2016
That soldier.... I no know weitin I go tell you
Re: Soldier Kills Bride's Mum In Delta by Nobody: 8:44am On May 01, 2016
nzgal:

People gathered at the Junction to protest the killing of the woman and the other JTF opened fire on the crowd leaving others dead.

After the environmental sanitation exercise, I passed Jakpa junction and it was looking like a war zone. The millitry post by the junction had been destroyed and people raised hands to trek thru solder barricades.

All this deaths just because of clean up exercise. wow! only in nigeria this Avoidable deaths happens, they could have all stayed at home till the end of the exercise. from cleaning to the death of 4 people and destruction of properties. i am guessing the clean up exercise went well then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Stabbed To Death By Customs Officer Along Enugu Expressway. Photos / I Bought Two Human Heads For N10,000 — Herbalist (photo) / Armed Robbery At Remo Majestic Hotel, Sagamu: Police Kill 2, Arrest 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.