Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night (972 Views)

Beware! GO Keyboard Steals Your Email Login Details And Other Personal Infos / Buy Airtime Easily On Facebook With Laide Chatbot / New way MTN steals your airtime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by slamstanlee(m): 2:28am On May 01, 2016
Okay! I was having a sleepless night somehow, so i thought of calling someone so they could talk me to sleep. I had no airtime. Gosh!!!
Oho, Gtbank's *737# came to my mind, quickly i recharged through VTU; @ 12:02am, just a 100 box. (of course i was going to buy a recharge card when the day breaks) What a relief!

so @ 12:11am i initiated the call, *ringing* 'Agbo Nma' was the caller tune.... She wouldn't pick. The call ended. I smiled and didnt dial the second time... (bae must be sleeping and snoring)

To my greatest surprise, i got a message that my callertrunez setting of Agbo Nma was processed successfully. I checked my balance, i have been charged. What!
I didnt press 11, i never entered any code previously, how come?
I was so bittered, i rushed to call the customer care line. The agent apologised to me for any inconvenience blah blah blah... And she ask me what i need her to do for me; 'i
need my money refunded' was my response.

She replied; 'we are sorry we cant do that' you must have entered a code i believe'
The night was silent and i chose not to argue with her, i just ended the call and wonder.

This is how they steal people's credit, 50 box is small but it's not fair if they continue like this. MTN steals.

I will bash them on twitter during the day, but please keep an eye on your airtime/account always.
Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by roskojo: 2:36am On May 01, 2016
I'm sure they don't know the security implications of what they're doing, imagine having to call emergencely and you can't becus of the crazy deductions.

When next call back another person will pick it and tel you another crap, that's what you will use to nail them. I swear I give them problems a lot even on top #3 deductions. Till date they usually calls me to ask if there's any problem and I mostly respond with Na your papa to get problem.

4 Likes

Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by Danfuster(m): 3:05am On May 01, 2016
OP: you probably pressed 11 without you knowing it. This is bound to happen if you're using an android phone with all its keys on the screen.

Normally your proximity sensor would lock your screen turning of the display but you probably alter that function due to the way you positioned your phone.

The time of your call gave me the idea that you was laying down on your side with the phone on your cheek while it rang away. Your phone balanced on your check bone causing your proximity sensor to disengage and bring up the keypad... Unfortunately, it dialled "11" to copy the caller tune

Disclaimer: this may not be the case and neither am I MTN staff, I'm just reasoning the technical logic.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by DesChyko: 3:07am On May 01, 2016
Call 622
Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by 2kurupt(m): 3:13am On May 01, 2016
Danfuster:
OP: you probably pressed 11 without you knowing it. This is bound to happen if you're using an android phone with all its keys on the screen.

Normally your proximity sensor would lock your screen turning of the display but you probably alter that function due to the way you positioned your phone.

The time of your call gave me the idea that you was laying down on your side with the phone on your cheek while it rang away. Your phone balanced on your check bone causing your proximity sensor to disengage and bring up the keypad... Unfortunately, it dialled "11" to copy the caller tune

Disclaimer: this may not be the case and neither am I MTV staff, I'm just reasoning the technical logic.

Your logic is flawed, when proximity sensor turns off your screen backlight it also makes the screen inactive. Also most Android UIs irrespective of brand require you to press a button during call in order to show your full dial-pad.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by Danfuster(m): 3:24am On May 01, 2016
2kurupt:

Your logic is flawed, when proximity sensor turns off your screen backlight it also makes the screen inactive. Also most Android UIs irrespective of brand require you to press a button during call in order to show your full dial-pad.

the emboldened : you're still saying the same thing as I am.

Your right about your other statement but my assertion is for the OP to recall how he made the call.
Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by samsam2019: 7:08am On May 01, 2016
Danfuster:

Disclaimer: this may not be the case and neither am I MTN staff, I'm just reasoning the technical logic.
you deserve a hot slap for the way you reason

Is this the 1st time you'll see someone accuse mtn of fraudulently subscribing them to a caller tune?

You know how much they rake thru that stealing and you're here defending them

1 Like

Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by abrahym(m): 9:03am On May 01, 2016
Take easy Africa.. This is a public forum.
Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by fr3do(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2016
Mtn deducts 80 naira from me daily for musicplus and fashiondaily, I have tried unsubscribing and have called their customer care line times without number.

I'm contemplating porting for good.
Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by slamstanlee(m): 3:06pm On May 01, 2016
Danfuster:

No no no, i dont use my android to make calls, i have a dedicated itel brand of torch phone for calls and its got hard keypads, moreso i placed the phone on my table whil it was ringing, there is no way i would have pressed 11.
Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by slamstanlee(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2016
fr3do:
Mtn deducts 80 naira from me daily for musicplus and fashiondaily, I have tried unsubscribing and have called their customer care line times without number.

I'm contemplating porting for good.
hit them on twitter, you will get a quick response
Re: Mtn Steals Your Airtime Easily At Night by slamstanlee(m): 3:12pm On May 01, 2016
2kurupt:

thank you jare

(1) (Reply)

Some Employees Of SLOT Behave Like Touts / Infinix Hot S.. How Much Goes For The Phone / How To Recover Files From Broken iPhone,Android Samsung Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.