Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? (17544 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by YungMike(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2016
Good morning nairalanders, happy Sunday, happy new month, happy workers day.

Now to the topic, I have a pal who does not attend church at all, but believes he's a christian because he prays and believes Jesus is Lord. He doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't commit sexual sin. But the only issue is he doesn't attend church. People say he is deceived and not a christian at all. I'm confused can you actually be a christian and not go to church?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Buharism: 10:10am On May 01, 2016
YungMike:
Now to the topic, I have a pal who does not attend church at all, but believes he's a christian because he prays and believes Jesus is Lord. He doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't commit sexual sin. But the only issue is he doesn't attend church. People say he is deceived and not a christian at all. I'm confused can you actually be a christian and not go to church?
Yes u can be a christian without going to church, what makes u a christian is the attribute of living a christ-like life like jesus-christ, which include:
1. Praying
2. Giving alm to the poor
3. Avoiding excessive intake of alchohol
4. Abstainance frm premarital sex
5. Respecting the govt
6. Respecting ur elders
7. Reading the scriptures
8. Loving ur neighbour as u love ur self.
The churches of nowadays are nt helping matters by always choosing to preach PROSPERITY instead of SALVATION.
Lastly if the atheist can make heaven by just obeying the moral commandment in the holy bible, How much more a christian by faith.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 10:12am On May 01, 2016
From my own personal pespective, i dont think its possible.
Now being a Christian means you are christlike and born again,you are now part of the brethren and
The bible also enjoins us not to forsake the assembly of the brethren.
Also remember the psalmist once said i am glad when they say we should go into the house of the Lord.
So once someone profess to be a christian,there is that inward push in you that makes you see fellowshiping with the brethren as a must.

31 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by YungMike(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2016
Buharism:
Yes u can be a christian without going to church, what makes u a christian is the attribute of living a christ-like life like jesus-christ, which include:
1. Praying
5. Respecting the govt
6. Respecting ur elders
The churches of nowadays are nt helping matters by always choosing to preach PROSPERITY instead of SALVATION.
Lastly if the atheist can make heaven by just obeying the moral commandment in the holy bible, How much more a christian by faith.

Nice one bro. Buh don't you think becoming a Christian simply means being a part of God's family?
The Christian life was never meant to be lived solo, God has gifted each member of his church to serve one another, you can’t do that solo.

15 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by YungMike(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2016
sammyomal:
From my own personal pespective, i dont think its possible.
Now being a Christian means you are christlike and born again,you are now part of the brethren and
The bible also enjoins us not to forsake the assembly of the brethren.
Also remember the psalmist once said i am glad when they say we should go into the house of the Lord.
So once someone profess to be a christian,there is that inward push in you that makes you see fellowshiping with the brethren as a must.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 01, 2016
Going to church every Sunday doesn't make one a Christian. the Bible is Christian standard which many churches have deviated from. believing Jesus Christ is the fundamental thing in every person that called himself a Christian. churches of these days are fulled and filled with moral decadence. many girls dressing provocatively to church and pastors in charge will not send them back just because of what they want. all kinds of association you will find in churches. songs sang in these days churches are not glorifying God again. Jesus Christ said "seek ye first the kingdom of God and it's righteousness and all other things shall be added onto you " .
the other things here is what churches /pastors/church members are seeking first, winning souls is not their priority.

money, fame, position etc are what people are looking for these days.

worshipping God in truth and in spirit is just a mere saying among Christians.
my question now is
WHO IS A CHRISTIAN??

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Buharism: 10:44am On May 01, 2016
YungMike:

Nice one bro. Buh don't you think becoming a Christian simply means being a part of God's family?
The Christian life was never meant to be lived solo, God has gifted each member of his church to serve one another, you can’t do that solo.
Judging a christian by going to church to me is invalid, as for serving one another their are many ways that can be done e.g
1. Joining a christian fellowship group
2. joining a home to home bible study group e.g Jehovah witness
3. Sharing the gospel of salvation with people around you.
4. Living a life worthy of emulation.
Of what use will it be going to church when u knw ur life style is an opposite to your religion, and also remember that Jesus and the apostles preached more and were more successful outside the synagogue than inside it.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by laurel03(m): 10:58am On May 01, 2016
The best church is in your heart.... Going to church does not make you a christian... Which church Jesus attends every sunday in the Bible? Accept Jesus and leave holiness life.. Shikena

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 01, 2016
Buharism:
1. Praying
5. Respecting the govt
6. Respecting ur elders
Lastly if the atheist can make heaven.
Athiest made heaven? wow!
so u just think being born again is just it & going to church is not necessary?
now logically, u reading a book or watching a preaching online and at the end of the steps to salvation,the advise that usually come is they encourage you to join a bible believing church. Now to me,if going to church is not necessary i believe it wunt be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by zzzzy: 12:29pm On May 01, 2016
Yes. Christianity has nothing to do with churches (building).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Buharism: 1:56pm On May 01, 2016
sammyomal:

Athiest made heaven? wow!
so u just think being born again is just it & going to church is not necessary?
now logically, u reading a book or watching a preaching online and at the end of the steps to salvation,the advise that usually come is they encourage you to join a bible believing church. Now to me,if going to church is not necessary i believe it wunt be encouraged.
The pope said it nt me, that atheists can make heaven provided they love their neighbour as they love theirself. http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2015/12/pope_francis_offers_hope_to_fa.html.
http://www.bustle.com/articles/131998-pope-francis-says-atheists-can-go-to-heaven-so-you-can-breathe-a-sigh-of-relief

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by orunto27: 2:22pm On May 01, 2016
God is a Spirit. Go to any Corner of your House, speak to him in Secret and you will get His Response. That secret corner is your meeting Place with God and is a Church.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 01, 2016
YungMike:

Church is a fellowship of like minded believers. In this age, 99% of the churches are a joke so I'd rather he be safe in communion with Christ at his home than within a crowd of foxes masquerading as Christians in some church.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by YungMike(m): 10:01am On May 08, 2016
zzzzy:
Yes. Christianity has nothing to do with churches (building).

5 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by YungMike(m): 10:04am On May 08, 2016
Muafrika2:

Church is a fellowship of like minded believers. In this age, 99% of the churches are a joke so I'd rather he be safe in communion with Christ at his home than within a crowd of foxes masquerading as Christians in some church.

Smilez.... Go to church, preach to the masquerades and you win more souls. Your reward will be great in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by YungMike(m): 10:11am On May 08, 2016
lalasticlala come and push this to the permanent site.
Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by AyodejiGREAT: 11:08am On May 08, 2016
No, it's not possible

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Flexherbal(m): 11:09am On May 08, 2016
Going to the church is part of being a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 11:10am On May 08, 2016
No! But you can believe in God and go to mosques, sit at home, go shrine or anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by EduRegard: 11:10am On May 08, 2016
This question is rhetorical; like asking As A Student – Is It Possible Not To Sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by Nobody: 11:10am On May 08, 2016
He is a CHRISTIAN but can be better if found among the chosen ones.

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by matrix199(m): 11:11am On May 08, 2016
....He's the same yesterday, today, and forever more.

The God who struck uzzah dead just because he tried holding on to the ark of the covenant, is the same God who didn't strike some armed robbers who robbed his church in Benin.

Hmm

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by AlexCk: 11:11am On May 08, 2016
I believe christianity is a way of life, the church helps in understanding that "way of life", just like how the Bible helps

1 Like

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by lielbreema: 11:12am On May 08, 2016
No you can't! How then do you contribute to the body of Christ which is the church?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by VocalWalls: 11:12am On May 08, 2016
a cut out branch cannot survive. It is necessary for every true christian to go to church.
Let us stop twisting the bibe to our convenience.
How To Buy A Sofa That Lasts

4 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by cuteraeh(m): 11:12am On May 08, 2016
no sir, it doesnt work that way

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by emilil(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2016
Buharism:
1. Praying
5. Respecting the govt
6. Respecting ur elders
remove number 3, even jesus turned water into wine

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by AlexAgbo(m): 11:13am On May 08, 2016
One thing should be clear to us in this issue. Growth is necessary to make one better Christian daily. Do not neglect the assembly of God's people.
Going to church in itself might not be the prerequisite for going to heaven but it does help in sharpening your spirit as you interact with other fauthfuls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by NDdking: 11:14am On May 08, 2016
YungMike:

YES! COS EVRYONE MUST NOT BE A PRETENDER.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by jrerico1(m): 11:14am On May 08, 2016
Yes,, I don't really fancy church going.. I think am holier than most pastors. So I prefer studying alone instead of listening to an impersonator

6 Likes

Re: Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? by AlexAgbo(m): 11:15am On May 08, 2016
emilil:
remove number 3, even jesus turned water into wine
Thats blasphemy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Fly To China As A Witch? / I Am Tired Of Going To Church / Does God Favor Some People Over Others?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.