Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,149 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism (13957 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Couple To Practice BDSM ? / The Church And Evangelism Today / When You Are Worried: 7 Ways To Remind Yourself Of God's Faithfulness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Donald3d(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2016
Hello, everyone i greet you all, all my life i have listened to so many preaching ,on TV,radio,on the road, through books, etc, dishing out the gospel. etc.The essence of preaching the good news of Jesus Christ in the first place, is to bring people to HIM,and many times i have seen people lacklustre in their approach to preaching the gospel.I believe and know that if evangelism is done effectively more souls would be won, and not just won, they would remain in Christ.Here are some ways evangelism can be done effectively

1. Seeking help from the Holy Spirit : Who else could you ask for better help , than from the source, how else could you learn and share information about a person , if you don't ask that person for help .Ask the Holy Spirit for help !!!!, HE is the perfect guide, the perfect Navigator, the perfect Teacher, the perfect Instructor, the perfect Persuader , HE can show you ways you never dreamed or taught of.Let the Holy Spirit lead you !!!

2. Put yourself in Jesus shoes : Jesus Christ is the love guy himself (don't get angry i used "guy" , you will know why soon) , everything he did radiated love , how are you preaching the gospel ?, are you preaching with scorn ?, are you preaching with hate in your heart (like Jonah), are you preaching with a judgmental approach, are you preaching with love ?, remember you are preaching to people who have gone astray , people who probably live their lives haphazardly , preaching without love would only push them away more , how can you preach love and what is written all over you is anything but love , evangelize with love !!! . Romans 5:8

3. Use the word of God : What better way to pierce through someones heart than with a "double edged sword" , the Word of God has this power , has this glory , this soothing ,calming and at the same time fierce "texture" and touch, the Word of God has the ability to calm the disturbed and bring to the light that which is in darkness, it has the ability to give a map to those who have no direction . Use God's Word today !!! Psalm 119:105 , Hebrews 4:12

4. Evangelize through your life and daily activities : Someone once said to me , people don't read the bible nowadays they read the life of other Christians, in a way the person was right !!!!(I am not saying you should replace the word of God and start watching your pastor like Telemundo *winks* read the Word of God !!!).People nowadays look at the lives of Christians, they watch carefully and with great scrutiny , how effective do you think your evangelism would be when your life does not reflect what you preach !!!!.Live right and by God's standard !!.

5. Speak Audibly : This is a part some people might not like , but its so true, I once saw a man in garment all he did as he walked down the road was ring a bell(dont get me wrong that might have been the instruction he was given by the Holy Spirit, that's why i added the Holy Spirit as number 1), then i saw another , she/he (i cant really remember), was using a megaphone !!!, i was so close to the person-few meters , but i could still barely hear what the person was saying !!!!, i am not saying you should shout , but being audible while talking about Jesus , makes your work more effective.

6. Don't be too serious and be creative : There is something about human psychology, when repetitions occur especially when preaching the gospel even in church ,the human brain has the tendency to get "bored" and tired.When preaching,add some flare,add some pepper and salt -meaning do somethings differently, crack some slight jokes,create colorful illustrations(especially for children) ,smile, why would you be preaching the gospel and "boning" your face like you just perceived spoiled beans mixed with ice cream *winks* (this should give you the reason why i used "guy" in number 2-no disrespect was intended) .The human mind commits things to memory better when they enjoy what they do, see, or hear.Make evangelism and learning about Jesus fun !!!NOTE When adding all these "pepper and salt" do it with moderation and also don't get carried away , while still having the Holy Spirit with you to guide you.

7. Use the social media and technology: I know so many people would not like this , saying *in a grumpy old mans voice" was there Facebook in Jesus time ?,when we were young we trek from Zamfara to Lagos to preach the Gospel, why should we be using, Facebook to preach the gospel" . Let me ask you this , were cars available in Jesus times too ?, why don't you just trek to church then grin grin grin grin grin , Seriously now, using the social media and technology to evangelize would help and it should not be used as a primary center for evangelism , it should be used as a supportive medium and trust me its quite effective .

ADDITION : Follow up is key when evangelizing , try to check up on those you evangelize to as much as you can , a call or text would suffice

All in all the most important is number one , if utilized properly , HE can show you ways you never imagined to evangelize effectively,Have you asked and prayed to God to show you better and effective ways to evangelize , ask HIM today !!!.

If you have not given your life to Christ , or you have fallen astray, or you want to recommit yourself to HIM, you find yourself doing things you dont want to do, you find yourself doing things against HIS will, you find your self in a deep abyss of confusions and utter dismay,its never too late , Jesus Christ is a sure guy, HE will never leave you nor forsake you, HE is here for you TODAY !!!,HE loves you, and wants the best for you, why not join HIM in this walk TODAY, tomorrow might be too late , HE might come when you are watching Barca vs Madrid, i am sure you don't want to suffer after a watching a wonderful match , all HE wants for you is total and eternal Happiness , both in this world and the next,all HE wants for you is the best !!!!,why not surrender to HIM today so you can enjoy endlessly from the National Cake of Heaven without being probed.Bow your head wherever you are an say this short prayer :

O LORD JESUS, here i am , i need you, i want you, even in my life this day, i know and accept that you are the Son of God and you shed your Blood out of Love for my sake , at your feet i bow , at your feet i lay it all !!!,have mercy on me dear Lord . I accept you as my Lord and Savior this day.Thank YOU Jesus.

If you have just prayed that prayer, you have sent Jesus a friend request and HE has accepted with all HIS heart , you need a Bible, The Holy Spirit , a Bible believing church that preaches Gods word , straight from the bakery grin grin grin, (The Bible),.GOD BLESS YOU and give us all the grace to stand firm in HIM .Amen.

91 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by ipledge10(m): 5:44pm On May 01, 2016
Y
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 01, 2016
Gradually getting close to FTC!!!

This year will be good indeed for me and all Nlanders despite the challenges we a currently facing due to the clueless present administration.

BTW, I think the best place to practise effective evangelism should be in Sambisa, even these Fulani herds men need to hear the word of God.

Praise The Lord!!!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 01, 2016
ipledge10:
Y
Cause of the Great Commission bruh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by obedjohn: 5:47pm On May 01, 2016
Nice topic
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 01, 2016
ipledge10:
Y

Z...sroll up nd read....
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by ipledge10(m): 5:48pm On May 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Cause of the Great Commission bruh.
lol..me am just booking space jeje
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by ipledge10(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2016
2undexy:

Z...sroll up nd read....
I DEY BOOK space...sorry

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by cold(m): 5:49pm On May 01, 2016
Hmm..using devices designed by Atheists to tell them how they've been condemned to hell. Hmmm

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by DanceVille: 5:50pm On May 01, 2016
We were created into this world to Preach The Word Of God And Save Souls...

Are you a Christian without preaching the Word of God?

Make amendment brethrens.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 01, 2016
by and large, Jesus is the son of man and NOT the son of God.....plus he is NOT God..just a servant like me and u
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by slaknoah(m): 5:54pm On May 01, 2016
@op ,thanks a lot, more of God's grace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by chinawapzy(m): 5:55pm On May 01, 2016
nice post
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 01, 2016
Lord help me...Great job, bruh
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by VickyRotex(f): 5:56pm On May 01, 2016
Op, may wisdom never elude you.

God bless you immeasurably. cool

3 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 01, 2016
2undexy:
by and large, Jesus is the son of man and NOT the son of God.....plus he is NOT God..just a servant like me and u

If you have nothing tangible to say, buzz off.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by EazyJ(f): 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
H
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by emvico(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2016
this is really great. many pastors are far from this, they are blind because of earthly things. nice one keep it up

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Donald3d(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2016
VickyRotex:
Op, may wisdom never elude you.

God bless you immeasurably. cool
Amen ma'am , you too
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by fixedhollies(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2016
It Is an inspiration of d Almighty... Readers don't forget #No 1.

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by dasparrow: 6:09pm On May 01, 2016
@Post

God bless you OP. I have been wanting to evangelize but my problem is that I do not like approaching or speaking to strangers. Therein lies my problem so I have been praying to God to show me how introverts like myself can evangelize and where to go. May God help us all, Amen.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by DBossNG(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2016
May God help us all.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by bodee(m): 6:29pm On May 01, 2016
dasparrow:
@Post

God bless you OP. I have been wanting to evangelize but my problem is that I do not like approaching or speaking to strangers. Therein lies my problem so I have been praying to God to show me how introverts like myself can evangelize and where to go. May God help us all, Amen.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by bodee(m): 6:30pm On May 01, 2016
dasparrow:
@Post

You can preach at dawn, just make sure you ask for the spirit guiding and you are very audible just as the op suggest; and unapologetic with an accent of love.
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by AWONEYAN(m): 6:44pm On May 01, 2016
@OP, God bless for sharing
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by tinexybridals(f): 6:50pm On May 01, 2016
Yea,op u said it all
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by OLUJOSHINS(m): 6:56pm On May 01, 2016
cool

Thumbs up OP.

God bless U
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by aolumaxi(m): 7:13pm On May 01, 2016
God bless the OP and God will help us to do that whc z is perfect will for us

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by Ashez: 7:24pm On May 01, 2016
God bless you my Brother. Been willing to start evangelism a long time ago buh I dont really know how to start. I do share the Word one on one with friends and folks at times buh real street evangelism or bus, even Church evangelism has kinda been stress to me. I wish to start soon
Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by IZIBLAZE4JESUS(m): 7:29pm On May 01, 2016
Nice write up@op.Today was evangelical awareness day in fellowship(FCS bayero uni. Kano).we were also taught abt evangelism

1 Like

Re: 7 Ways To Practice Effective Evangelism by tolaadepej(m): 7:52pm On May 01, 2016
Nice write up bro .......I've learnt something

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam / Contradictions Analyzed:bible And Quran. / Cobwebs Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.