Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage (31493 Views)

"We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / My Challenges With Rhesus Factor In Pregnancy And How I Overcame It / Rhesus Factor Incompatibility, One Of The Causes Of Miscarriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 01, 2016
SalC:
One of our doctors was always altering patients' genotype result from AC to AS till one of our scientist discovered. Surprisingly the doctor didn't know of genotype AC.
imagine a doctor for that matter.
That's so pathetic angry

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 01, 2016
bayulll011:

U are AC really am the best for u am AA let's mingle
lol thank you I'm not interested grin
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by doctorgold(m): 8:24pm On May 01, 2016
sample042:
Since a PhD holder could not add a bit to d betterment of Nigeria, I think we should support a reformed Democrat for the next remaining years than the hates.

PMB is the only hope to salvage Nigeria from its mess.

Vulgar words will strictly not be entertained on this thread.

can't we just have a reasonable thread without bringing in politics, ethnicity or religion?.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by bayulll011(m): 8:26pm On May 01, 2016
mzteemarh:
imagine a doctor for that matter.
That's so pathetic angry

Most doc are ignorant with new innovation in the medical world,well don't blame them,no funds to carry research,government policy not helping,please don't fall sick in nigeria,the day I went to visit someone in lasuth I weep for this nation,let say 500 patient to one doctor,our rulers will have a lot of hurdle to pass to make heaven,the hottest part will be for them only that God is a merciful God
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by NET1(m): 8:26pm On May 01, 2016
A friend of mine told me that there is a way to prevent it. He talked about one type of screening like that. Peeps in the medical line should know. He sounded so sure of himself.

Anyway, I ended a relationship because of this genotype ish. I don't strength to be carrying my children from hospital to hospital. The face of 'Niko' Tochukwu [who died to Sickle Cell Disease] in our SS3, almost 20 years ago - a few weeks to writing WAEC is still fresh in my mind. Dude was intelligent, but was cut away from the world in his prime.

.NET
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by damilareoye: 8:29pm On May 01, 2016
Hummmmmmm, Very true.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by bayulll011(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2016
mzteemarh:
lol thank you I'm not interested grin

What's wrong been a friend,as far I know nairaland doesn't ban people for asking a lady for a cup of coffee.
abi seun lalastica av I break any rule
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Blessograo(f): 8:32pm On May 01, 2016
I think you mean maybe your wife is and the baby is Rh- cos that is a very critical case which usually result to multiple miscarriage if not treated quickly and also after the delivery you wife has to stop thinking about having another child soon till the next 2-3 yrs so that her antibody or immune system can win the fight cos the Rh+. Immunity is like knowing the parts of your body and eliminating which is not part of you. so presently what is happening to your wife is your baby's immunity is priming (introducing)itself into your wife's immunity and you baby's immunity is not strong enough to fight your wife's,When an Rh-negative mother’s blood comes into contact with blood from her Rh-positive fetus, it causes the Rh-negative mother to make antibodies against the Rh factor. These antibodies attack the Rh factor as if it were a harmful substance. A person with Rh-negative blood who makes Rh antibodies is called "Rh sensitized." During pregnancy, your wife and fetus do not share blood systems. However, a small amount of blood from the fetus can cross the placenta into your wife's system. This sometimes may happen during pregnancy, labor, and birth. During an Rh-negative woman’s first pregnancy with an Rh-positive fetus, serious problems usually do not occur because the baby often is born before the woman’s body develops many antibodies. If preventive treatment is not given during the first pregnancy and the woman later becomes pregnant with an Rh-positive fetus, the baby is at risk of Rh disease. It also is possible to develop antibodies after a miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy, or an induced abortion. If an Rh-negative woman becomes pregnant after one of these events, she does not receive treatment, and the fetus is Rh positive, the fetus may be at risk of Rh-related problems. :.
MamaOO:

No. You're getting it wrong. All the AA, AB, O+ and O- are all blood types. Genotype scan either be AA, AC, AS, SC, or SS. There is no AB genotype. Yours and your wife's case is not genotype. It's the Rhesus factor. You can either be Rhesus + or Rhesus - and I am guessing your wife is Rhesus - which is what warrants the anti-rhogam injection.

If they don't give her the anti-rhogam, subsequent pregnancies have a very high chance of resulting in miscarriages as her Rhesus - antibodies will always attack the embryo and force it to abort. O+ and O- negative couples have no issues marrying each other, they are just blood types after all. Just like O+ and A type blood can marry each other. The problem is when the wife is Rhesus negative. My husband is O- and I am O+ and I have no issues with my pregnancy cos I am Rhesus+.

You can read more online on Rhesus factor and why anti-rhogam is needed.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Toybreezy: 8:36pm On May 01, 2016
VickyRotex:

Awwwwwww. That's actually true. It's very important.

I lost a friend 2 years ago to this genotype ish. It was so sad.

Keep Resting Toyosi.

Sorry for your loss.. Your friend was my namesake..
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Vivipop(f): 8:37pm On May 01, 2016
goingape:
nonsense!

the major factor to determine marriage is virginity.

if she is a virgin good to go but if she isn't a virgin probability you might born a baby which is not yours or a disable baby.

depending on what she has use her Virginia to do determine the calamity or disappointment yet to happen to the marriage!

if you did abortion just know that your marriage will never last and the child your will born will be mentally unstable.

if you did numerous abortion! sorry is your middle name!

that genotype stuff is RUBBISH!

and if you are the type who is sleeping with guys and be using CONDOM! your child's head will forever be block just like CONDOM which block SPERM form entering.

this is a proven fact!
Eya! Sorry

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by MrMcJay(m): 8:37pm On May 01, 2016
goingape:
nonsense!

the major factor to determine marriage is virginity.

if she is a virgin good to go but if she isn't a virgin probability you might born a baby which is not yours or a disable baby.

depending on what she has use her Virginia to do determine the calamity or disappointment yet to happen to the marriage!

if you did abortion just know that your marriage will never last and the child your will born will be mentally unstable.

if you did numerous abortion! sorry is your middle name!

that genotype stuff is RUBBISH!

and if you are the type who is sleeping with guys and be using CONDOM! your child's head will forever be block just like CONDOM which block SPERM form entering.

this is a proven fact!

Warris all dis?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Blessograo(f): 8:40pm On May 01, 2016
sorry there's AC, AC are the abnormal genotypes or the sickle cells which are not so common, if you a medical student review your immunology.
lilzcee:
AC? u joke a lot nothing like AC
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Jibbie28(f): 8:45pm On May 01, 2016
jaymichael:
Yes, that too is very important. It is called RHESUS INCOMPATIBILITY DISEASE. it occurs when the father's rhesus factor is different from that of the mother, (say the father's blood group is O+ and the mother's is O-) during pregnancy there is a high chance that the baby will inherit the O+ blood group of the father. When this happens, The Mother's negative rhesus will prompt her immune system to produce antibodies to attack the blood of the baby bearing positive rhesus. This causes serious problems for the child and in a severe case, it can lead to the death of the foetus in the womb. This is because there is a possibility of the mother's blood passing to the child in the womb but with a greater degree of certainty during childbirth. The severity of the attack on the baby increases with each childbirth.
The injection rhogam prevents the mother's body from producing antibodies to attack the baby in the womb when there is rhesus incompatibility.
In addition to all tests like genotype, hiv/aids etc it is important to know your blood group and rhesus factor before marriage in other to plan for future eventuality.
I never knew all about this until it happened to a close friend of mine. They lost the baby. Luckily, O- (negative rhesus) is rare in our part of the world than in the western world.
O- is common now oooo

2 Likes

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by AgentGoat: 8:45pm On May 01, 2016
mzteemarh:
Why people always forget AC genotype undecided
We sure do exist.
i want to pm you. U go reply?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 01, 2016
bayulll011:

Most doc are ignorant with new innovation in the medical world,well don't blame them,no funds to carry research,government policy not helping,please don't fall sick in nigeria,the day I went to visit someone in lasuth I weep for this nation,let say 500 patient to one doctor,our rulers will have a lot of hurdle to pass to make heaven,the hottest part will be for them only that God is a merciful God
I know, but for a medical doctor it is indeed shameful.
AC genotype is not a new innovation or something that is just occuring.
It has been in existence like the other genotypes.
Anyway, may God help us in this Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by MrMcJay(m): 8:51pm On May 01, 2016
NET1:
A friend of mine told me that there is a way to prevent it. He talked about one type of screening like that. Peeps in the medical line should know. He sounded so sure of himself.

Anyway, I ended a relationship because of this genotype ish. I don't strength to be carrying my children from hospital to hospital. The face of 'Niko' Tochukwu [who died to Sickle Cell Disease] in our SS3, almost 20 years ago - a few weeks to writing WAEC is still fresh in my mind. Dude was intelligent, but was cut away from the world in his prime.

.NET

Yeah. It's CVS test or something like that. I think it's done at the Sickle Cell centre at LUTH or so.

www.nairaland.com/2424861/which-hospital-check-genotype-unborn
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 01, 2016
bayulll011:

What's wrong been a friend,as far I know nairaland doesn't ban people for asking a lady for a cup of coffee.
abi seun lalastica av I break any rule
But you didn't asked me for a cup of coffee angry
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by VickyRotex(f): 8:57pm On May 01, 2016
Toybreezy:

Sorry for your loss.. Your friend was my namesake..

Thank You. Nice Name.

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Eleganza33(f): 8:58pm On May 01, 2016
Thank God am AA.can sum1 genotype change wit tym?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by bayulll011(m): 8:59pm On May 01, 2016
mzteemarh:
But you didn't asked me for a cup of coffee angry

My apologies ma lady,will be honored if u allow me to share a cup of coffee with u,now am asking
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by wealthypool: 9:04pm On May 01, 2016
[quote author=pcguru1 post=45219789]Nice topic OP, I had the best relationship i could ever think of, and I ad already planned my life around her, sadly i made a mistake not asking the Genotype, tried holding on to the relationship but mehn when people tell you about the plight of SS kids, you just know it's not worth the pain.

Everyone should check their Genotype.

I am a living example. I didn't succumb to d pressure 0f genotype before marriage. knowing fully well that we are both carriers, we went ahead against all..... and trusted in God. but I can tell u with emphasis that my own changed from wat used to b As To Aa. all thankx to God. we allowed love to take it course

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2016
i jist hope tomorrow now medical science will not still come back to say they discover : AR ; ; PDP: sdp and rest unthinkable genotypings.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by KENNSAMMY(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2016
i jist hope tomorrow now medical science will not still come back to say they discover : AR ; ; PDP: sdp and rest unthinkable genotypings.

i love engineering man!!
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by felixawe(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2016
THE SPIRITUAL LIFE OF UR SPOUSE MATTERS . I NEVER DID MY GTYPE B4 MARRIAGE, AND GOD IS MIGHTY IN MY LIFE.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 01, 2016
Love and luck helps, u can even check the babies genotype in the belly from the fifth week
lilzcee:
be ready to bury ur children, u may be AS and ur bae As
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 01, 2016
ikiller:
Love and luck helps, u can even check the babies genotype in the belly from the fifth week
and if he or she is ss abortion will take place abi, we should control love and not the other way round

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by wealthypool: 9:23pm On May 01, 2016
i am a living example. I didn't succumb to d
pressure 0f genotype before marriage. knowing
fully well that we are both carriers, we went
ahead against all..... and trusted in God. but I
can tell u with emphasis that my own changed
from wat used to b As To Aa. all thankx to God.
we allowed love to take it course.
as for the rhesus blood...... it is not a killer group either. one blood group fights one another, their is an injection called rogham given to the wife before 72hrs of delivery, if not such baby dies and it could b the end 0f child bearing for such couple.
note this injection is taken in three 0ccassi0ns. 1. after child birth. 2. after an abortion 3. after a miscarriage. and it cost presently 25k. am a living witness.
so I do advice ladies to live a descent life to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by wealthypool: 9:23pm On May 01, 2016
i am a living example. I didn't succumb to d
pressure 0f genotype before marriage. knowing
fully well that we are both carriers, we went
ahead against all..... and trusted in God. but I
can tell u with emphasis that my own changed
from wat used to b As To Aa. all thankx to God.
we allowed love to take it course.
as for the rhesus blood...... it is not a killer group either. wen one blood group fights one another, their is an injection called rogham given to the wife before 72hrs of delivery, if not such baby dies and it could b the end 0f child bearing for such couple.
note this injection is taken in three 0ccassi0ns. 1. after child birth. 2. after an abortion 3. after a miscarriage. and it cost presently 25k. am a living witness.
so I do advice ladies to live a descent life to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by nwoye72: 9:25pm On May 01, 2016
Ytechconst:
I discovered i was AC after having 5 years relationship with an AS partner. It was very difficult to let go of the relationship cos it hurts a lot. But i was able to get over it and i am now married to an AA spouse now with a kid.

My advise to youth out there is that once you start breeding feelings for someone ensure you have an idea of the persons genotype at friendship stage before you even set on to d first month of dating.
i believe it's an African thing because in the western word haven't heard anything like that people get married without asking anything and got healthy children even african marrying white having healthy children but as soon as u enter nija its a welcome story .u can visit a lab today as tomorrow another lab will say aa.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 01, 2016
bayulll011:

My apologies ma lady,will be honored if u allow me to share a cup of coffee with u,now am asking
okay no problem, go ahead smiley
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by goingape: 9:32pm On May 01, 2016
Vivipop:
Eya! Sorry
you too!

sorry!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies / Three Family Members And Maid Die After Eating Poisoned Food In Enugu / The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.