Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage (31497 Views)

"We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" / My Challenges With Rhesus Factor In Pregnancy And How I Overcame It / Rhesus Factor Incompatibility, One Of The Causes Of Miscarriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Menakay(m): 9:33pm On May 01, 2016
Toybreezy:
My genotype is AC
can I marry anybody
u can only marry OC (Officer in Charge)
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by bayulll011(m): 9:37pm On May 01, 2016
mzteemarh:
okay no problem, go ahead smiley
Sent u a pm ciao
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 01, 2016
[quote author=wealthypool post=45223956][/quote]

I will be honest i don't have that courage, you have faith, congrats mehn share your miracle with me
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by dmcdad: 9:48pm On May 01, 2016
bisdam9086:
Thank God I am AA.
As in ehn... We no get anything to worry about at all.cheesy
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by dmcdad: 9:49pm On May 01, 2016
Menakay:
u can only marry OC ( Police officer)
Officer-in-Charge.cheesy
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by dmcdad: 9:50pm On May 01, 2016
VickyRotex:

Awwwwwww. That's actually true. It's very important.
I lost a friend 2 years ago to this genotype ish. It was so sad.
Keep Resting Toyosi.
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 01, 2016
mamawin:
so you called it off?

Lol she broke up with me, i guess she didn't want to take chances, if not i would have called it off anyway

I have 3 friend who have died as a result of SS, so am not gonna be selfish, hope you don't judge me
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by faites(f): 9:53pm On May 01, 2016
Pranxta:
I'm AS and funny enough I fall sick once in 3years, plus my illness may not last up to 2 days cos I'm always all about getting well asap.

That is not strange. The AS genotype has more resistance to malaria than the AA genotype. This is because the body, in a bid to ward off malaria created the AS or AC genotype which has more resistance to malaria. Sadly, on the other hand, the SS genotype which is also a fall out of the mutation has little or no resistance to malaria.

2 Likes

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 01, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Are you a christian or a muslem?
If you are a xtian then,I will tell you that you lack faith and heaven is very far from.such eople.

I am Christian but my faith is not strong enough to test God, let's assume i have failth and still give birth to SS,remember in the bible Jesus had the power to order angels to catch him if he had jumped as the devil wanted, but he chose not to test God. I'd rather not test God

3 Likes

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by VickyRotex(f): 9:56pm On May 01, 2016
dmcdad:

Amen!!!

Thank You smiley
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 01, 2016
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by faites(f): 10:05pm On May 01, 2016
MentalCase:
It's necessary o, to avoid the multiplication of im.beciles

I believe ur head is not correct
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Chidokes4real(f): 10:14pm On May 01, 2016
No you can't marry anybody. U strictly have to marry someone who is AA
Toybreezy:
My genotype is AC
can I marry anybody
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by faites(f): 10:22pm On May 01, 2016
ikiller:
Love and luck helps, u can even check the babies genotype in the belly from the fifth week

So u prefer to put ur unborn baby thru dat stress and possible abortion just because u have refused to take the genotype test? I can't blame u na, ur à guy so what do u understand ?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Tombrown3(m): 10:23pm On May 01, 2016
Pranxta:
I'm AS and funny enough I fall sick once in 3years, plus my illness may not last up to 2 days cos I'm always all about getting well asap.
Am 'As' too. . . cant remember the last time i was sick, a doctor told me its was mostly my genotype. i dnt get airborn or water born diseases which some people get like apollo even if am sleeping in same bed with the victim. funny part is that most of the women i loved have same gene with me, sadly though.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by semitunde: 10:25pm On May 01, 2016
jaymichael:
Yes, that too is very important. It is called RHESUS INCOMPATIBILITY DISEASE. it occurs when the father's rhesus factor is different from that of the mother, (say the father's blood group is O+ and the mother's is O-) during pregnancy there is a high chance that the baby will inherit the O+ blood group of the father. When this happens, The Mother's negative rhesus will prompt her immune system to produce antibodies to attack the blood of the baby bearing positive rhesus. This causes serious problems for the child and in a severe case, it can lead to the death of the foetus in the womb. This is because there is a possibility of the mother's blood passing to the child in the womb but with a greater degree of certainty during childbirth. The severity of the attack on the baby increases with each childbirth.
The injection rhogam prevents the mother's body from producing antibodies to attack the baby in the womb when there is rhesus incompatibility.
In addition to all tests like genotype, hiv/aids etc it is important to know your blood group and rhesus factor before marriage in other to plan for future eventuality.
I never knew all about this until it happened to a close friend of mine. They lost the baby. Luckily, O- (negative rhesus) is rare in our part of the world than in the western world.

This is the one most people should be made aware of. Some women have been unfairly tagged as barren due to this issue.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by legendsilver(m): 10:28pm On May 01, 2016
my AA has covered my fiancee's own. na altar call remain
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by thowbie7ven(m): 11:19pm On May 01, 2016
mzteemarh:
Why people always forget AC genotype undecided
We sure do exist.
you mean AC Millan?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by xest(m): 11:51pm On May 01, 2016
sample042:
Since a PhD holder could not add a bit to d betterment of Nigeria, I think we should support a reformed Democrat for the next remaining years than the hates.

PMB is the only hope to salvage Nigeria from its mess.

Vulgar words will strictly not be entertained on this thread.
it clearly showed that u r not reasonable. U are very biased towards GEJ, this thread is talking about genotype why bringing former president issues here? Or is he the cause of SS genotype Some times I wonder d type of youth we hv. U want PMB, wat has his administration done for a year? Be pragmatic Wen u talk bro

2 Likes

Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by timer777(m): 1:36am On May 02, 2016
nice work
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Harjet(m): 1:59am On May 02, 2016
telemapreye1:
Thanks for the info tho i don't know mine
It's really important to know ur genotype.. Just go to a hospital and get it done am sure it wouldn't drain ur pocket.. And also test for ur blood group and rhesus factor too
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Harjet(m): 2:05am On May 02, 2016
Blessograo:
AA + AA = AA, AA, AA, AA
AA + AS = AA, AS, AA, AS
AA + SS = AS, AS, AS, AS
AA + AC = AA, AA, AA, AC
AS + AS = AA, AS, AS, SS
AS + SS = AS, SS, SS, SS
AS + AC = AA, AC, AS,SS
SS + SS = SS, SS, SS, SS
AC + SS = AS, AS, SS, SS
AC + AC = AA, AC, AC, SS
True but it doesn't always come in those particular order all the time
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by freshdude99(m): 4:03am On May 02, 2016
bisdam9086:
Thank God I am AA.
Attention seeker spotted
AS ladies over to you
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by lordpapi001(m): 5:30am On May 02, 2016
Bros dey vex gan ooo....
goingape:
nonsense!

the major factor to determine marriage is virginity.

if she is a virgin good to go but if she isn't a virgin probability you might born a baby which is not yours or a disable baby.

depending on what she has use her Virginia to do determine the calamity or disappointment yet to happen to the marriage!

if you did abortion just know that your marriage will never last and the child your will born will be mentally unstable.

if you did numerous abortion! sorry is your middle name!

that genotype stuff is RUBBISH!

and if you are the type who is sleeping with guys and be using CONDOM! your child's head will forever be block just like CONDOM which block SPERM form entering.

this is a proven fact!
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by wolexmighty: 5:39am On May 02, 2016
This has really affected me sooo much,am presently going tru it now. We should be mindful of d result given to us in our institutions cus it has cost me alot,now we jst discovered dat we ar both AS after several years of relationship, Abeg where I go start from? undecided
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by nwoye72: 6:06am On May 02, 2016
Ytechconst:

It exist my brother. My younger brother is also AC and his girlfriend concieved when he was in his final year in the university no knowing the girlfriend was AS. The boy they had as a result of that is SC the crisis the boy is having right now almost every 3month regarding bones is very serious and they had to register him in a general hospital for medication every 3months.

Though my elder sister is CC becausr our parents are both AC they are no aware of this before they got married in the old days. My sister who is CC does not fall sick often but if she falls sick its always critical and she also has sight problem.

So my brother let us not be ignorant this thing is real. I did my own test 5time within a month in different lab and it all came out AC before i accepted i am AC. Also all the doctors in those 5 hospitals on consultation advised me not to be blinded by love or the 5years relationship that i want to lose because at the end of the day if all the crisis starts to occur we would have ourself to be blamed and the love we are craving for will get off our face.

AC should not take any risk of marrying another AC or AS,SC and SS.

what about as to as
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Safemode(m): 6:55am On May 02, 2016
VickyRotex:

Awwwwwww. That's actually true. It's very important.
I lost a friend 2 years ago to this genotype ish. It was so sad.
Keep Resting Toyosi.
sorry abt your late friend. how v u been?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by VickyRotex(f): 6:56am On May 02, 2016
Safemode:

sorry abt your late friend.
how v u been?

Thank You Mr. Okiki.

I've been good. Yourself?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Kakamorufu(m): 7:00am On May 02, 2016
stphil:
undecidedme no care abeg,,iluv my babe beyond genotyp
hmmmmmm. Wa a keko
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by nurusystem(m): 7:01am On May 02, 2016
my mum babe force me 2 checked my genotype ,it was AA both wit her daugther,.but they dont want 2 giv me my babe 4 marriage,. I dont no y?
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Kakamorufu(m): 7:04am On May 02, 2016
A friend had to end 5 years relationship cos of this genotype issue. Babe is AS, BUh tot he was AA, not until he found out later in another clinic that he is AS.
Am AS too tho, gaz ask my babe asap wat hers is.
Re: GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage by Munner(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2016
What about an A+ man and O+ woman are they compatible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

55-year-old Father Of Six Commits Suicide In Ibadan Over Economic Hardship / Three Family Members And Maid Die After Eating Poisoned Food In Enugu / Couple Accuses Hospital Of Negligence As One Of Their Twin Babies Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.