Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,951 members, 7,803,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album (4241 Views)

Aluko's $80million Yatch Was Rented By Jay Z And Beyonce For $lm (photo) / Anti-igbo Threat: Osinbajo To Meet Igbo Elders Today / Who Wrote This Slogan? "Borno, Home Of Peace" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 3:21pm On May 01, 2016
From Chimamanda Adichie to Uzo Emenike, Beyonce has always had igbo artists contribute to her albums. I was just reading the album credits for Beyonce's lemonade album and on track 2 (One of the best tracks on the album is Uzo Emenike). Uzoechi Osisioma Emenike (born 9 November 1994) and professionally known as MNEK, is a Grammy-nominated British singer, songwriter and record producer.

Below, for your perusal, are the full credits for Beyoncé’s “Hold Up,” the second song on her new album/HBO-premiered visual album LEMONADE.
Written By Thomas Wesley Pentz, Ezra Koenig, Beyoncé, Emile Haynie, Joshua Tillman, Uzoechi Emenike, Sean Rhoden P/K/A Melo-X, Doc Pomus, Mort Schuman, Deandre Way, Antonio Randolph, Kelvin Mcconnell, Brian Chase, Karen Orzolek And Nick Zinner

This guy has also written songs for Madonna shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 3:22pm On May 01, 2016
lalasticlala cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:26pm On May 01, 2016
Nwanne, ka m burugodu uzo were onodu here, before ndi ilo atuo down
cool

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by raker300: 3:28pm On May 01, 2016
Op, the designers of Beyoncé's clothing in the visual album is also a Nigeria...an Igbo. That's also something you should add

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 01, 2016
raker300:
Op, the designers of Beyoncé's clothing in the visual album is also a Nigeria...an Igbo. That's also something you should add
The designer of d visual album is a Nigerian but a yoruba, and d visual art is Osun's pose (yoruba goddess).
Beyonce and jay z has been inspired by fela kuti amongst other yoruba's culture in d album lemonade...You can see d ORI paintings in her visual arts they are all yorubas.

Yorubas don't carry matter 4 head as you people go dey do.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by dridowu: 3:34pm On May 01, 2016
Meet Laolu Senbanjo, the New York City-based artist behind the body art in Beyoncé’s new visual album "Lemonade."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/meet-nigerian-artist-yoruba-body-art-beyoncs-lemonade/story?id=38678748

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 3:45pm On May 01, 2016
dridowu:
Meet Laolu Senbanjo, the New York City-based artist behind the body art in Beyoncé’s new visual album "Lemonade."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/meet-nigerian-artist-yoruba-body-art-beyoncs-lemonade/story?id=38678748
without the album their will be no body art gtfoh.. btw lalasticlala someone is trying to derail this thread and make it tribal

2 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 3:51pm On May 01, 2016
Also meet Amaka Osakwe, one of the designers behind the clothes won by Beyonce and the artists featured in her album, Lemonade. Other international stars such as Rihanna, Kerry Washington, Solange Knowles, U.S First Lady, Michelle Obama have also worn some of her outfits.

7 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by arresa: 4:00pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

without the album their will be no body art gtfoh.. btw lalasticlala someone is trying to derail this thread and make it tribal

You tribalised the thread by adding igbo to the title, it should have been Nigerian. You used igbo for tribal reasons so Stop crying..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 4:07pm On May 01, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Nwanne, ka m burugodu uzo were onodu here, before ndi ilo atuo down
cool
smiley

1 Like

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 4:11pm On May 01, 2016
arresa:

You tribalised the thread by adding igbo to the title, it should have been Nigerian. You used igbo for tribal reasons so Stop crying..
The boy is british igbo, not Nigerian.. I'm trying to show his age and accomplishment not tribe.

9 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by 2sexycom(m): 4:34pm On May 01, 2016
Drchristian:

The designer of d visual album is a Nigerian but a yoruba, and d visual art is Osun's pose (yoruba goddess).
Beyonce and jay z has been inspired by fela kuti amongst other yoruba's culture in d album lemonade...You can see d ORI paintings in her visual arts they are all yorubas.

@FreeGlobe and other Igbos who are on this thread, when making post to comment on public forum like this, please refrain from anything that seem like tribal undertone. It does not suit us as a tribe to be too proud in our disposition.

We need to curtail this act of chest beating and pride, what happened to humility? You could have just made the post and list the name, at least everyone would have seen that it's an Igbo person behind it.

Another thing you should note is that the said dude that inspired your ego massaging antic IS NOT the only one who wrote the song, at least you stated it visibly that OTHER artiste participated in writing the song but you made it seem like HE alone did it.

This boastful attitude needs to stop among igbos on Nairaland. There are better ways to showcase our people.

I don't know where ya'll got this boastful attitude from but in my family we are not boastful, we are united and we go about our business as a normal human being.

The person I quoted knew that a Yoruba person was also behind the works of Beyonce but never bothered to create a thread nor made it seem like ONLY the said Yoruba person is behind the work.

When thread about cocaine are created, do you know why it is pushed to front page just disgrace the igbos? It is because of people like you who wouldn't learn to respect your tribe by being humble enough but boastful. How does it make you feel when you see cocaine threads with Igbo names on front page?

In whatever you do, learn to respect the Igbo tribe as a whole even if you do not respect yourself.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by dridowu: 4:50pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

if i want to make it tribal, i would have create another thread with "Yoruba Caption", just the same way you tag it with "Igbo Caption "I am not tribalistic and i will never be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 4:51pm On May 01, 2016
2sexycom I understand your concerns but this is an unharmful post. So we shouldn't celebrate a young bright chap because of not wanting to be politically correct? I wanted to correct the wrong notion that only it's only Fela and Femi Kuti that are Nigerians to have been nominated for Grammys. And besides about not only the guy writing the song is not an issue..
Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 4:53pm On May 01, 2016
dridowu:
if i want to make it tribal, i would have create another thread with "Yoruba Caption", just the same way you tag it with "Igbo Caption "I am not tribalistic and i will never be.
please create another thread and stop trying to tribalize this thread please.. whats it with your inferiority complexs? Did I diss yoruba in my post or is yoruba the only tribe in Nigeria? Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by MirabelArode(f): 5:01pm On May 01, 2016
Why is that whenever Igbo celebrate their own, yorubas be like..

15 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by dridowu: 5:03pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

please create another thread and stop trying to tribalize this thread please.. whats it with your inferiority complexs? Did I diss yoruba in my post or is yoruba the only tribe in Nigeria? Rubbish

Do you feel offended, if yes [img]http://gif.co/vf44.gif[/img]
Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by omoelesa(m): 5:06pm On May 01, 2016
Ibo ko,ibo ni,who ibo help sef.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 5:09pm On May 01, 2016
MirabelArode:
Why is that whenever Igbo celebrate their own, yorubas be like..
This thing tire me oh... Lol.. So igbos should not be celebrated on nairaland again? I no fit laugh

12 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by 2sexycom(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:
2sexycom I understand your concerns but this is an unharmful post. So we shouldn't celebrate a young bright chap because of not wanting to be politically correct? I wanted to correct the wrong notion that only it's only Fela and Femi Kuti that are Nigerians to have been nominated for Grammys. And besides about not only the guy writing the song is not an issue..
hmmm... thanks. Truth is for every thread with tribal war, what I have seen on Nairaland made me take this position.

I see lots of guys, especially when Nnamdi Kanu was at the peak of plans, wherein these guys just make it seem like other tribes are poorer when compared to the igbos. You read all sort things, often shameful and disgraceful.

Top 3 richest Nigerians are not igbos.

There is good in a every tribe as well as bad, it goes both ways.

Despite the set back caused by North, I can't deny the fact that most of what we eat in this country come from there.

Yam,
Beans,
Groundnut oil,
Onion,
Pepper,
Tomatoes,
Suga cane,
Cereals
Egusi

Every part have their own unique attributes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by loopman: 5:11pm On May 01, 2016
Sign of a complex problem

1 Like

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by FreeGlobe(f): 5:12pm On May 01, 2016
dridowu:

Do you feel offended, if yes [img]http://gif.co/vf44.gif[/img]
I guess you missed this
Uzoechi Osisioma Emenike (born 9 November 1994) and professionally known as MNEK, is a Grammy-nominated British singer, songwriter and record producer.

No you want me to tag the guy Nigerian to make you happy? Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by Abagworo(m): 5:32pm On May 01, 2016
2sexycom:
@FreeGlobe and other Igbos who are on this thread, when making post to comment on public forum like this, please refrain from anything that seem like tribal undertone. It does not suit us as a tribe to be too proud in our disposition.

We need to curtail this act of chest beating and pride, what happened to humility? You could have just made the post and list the name, at least everyone would have seen that it's an Igbo person behind it.

Another thing you should note is that the said dude that inspired your ego massaging antic IS NOT the only one who wrote the song, at least you stated it visibly that OTHER artiste participated in writing the song but you made it seem like HE alone did it.

This boastful attitude needs to stop among igbos on Nairaland. There are better ways to showcase our people.

I don't know where ya'll got this boastful attitude from but in my family we are not boastful, we are united and we go about our business as a normal human being.

The person I quoted knew that a Yoruba person was also behind the works of Beyonce but never bothered to create a thread nor made it seem like ONLY the said Yoruba person is behind the work.

When thread about cocaine are created, do you know why it is pushed to front page just disgrace the igbos? It is because of people like you who wouldn't learn to respect your tribe by being humble enough but boastful. How does it make you feel when you see cocaine threads with Igbo names on front page?

In whatever you do, learn to respect the Igbo tribe as a whole even if you do not respect yourself.

It is Anambrians that create that impression of Igbos. Even within Igboland itself they can do anything demeaning to other Igbos and promote themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by asha90: 5:34pm On May 01, 2016
Jobless ugly old man you can never mind your useless and worthless Imo state for once. Did OP mention any particular state? Your Imo state has been given ultimatum to pay the several months of outstanding salaries owed to mostly poor Imolites but it does not bother you one bit. Life must be really miserably shabby for you.! Tufia!

https://www.nairaland.com/3079905/workers-day-group-gives-okorocha#45214439

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/workers-day-group-gives-okorocha-ultimatum-pay-imo-workers/

[s]
Abagworo:

It is Anambrians that create that impression of Igbos. Even within Igboland itself they can do anything demeaning to other Igbos and promote themselves.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by arresa: 5:47pm On May 01, 2016
FreeGlobe:

The boy is british igbo, not Nigerian.. I'm trying to show his age and accomplishment not tribe.

Then you should have titled your thread Nigerian or British Nigerian instead of just igbo..

You can show his age without fixating on his tribe by making it your title.

Stop deceiving yourself because we both know this is about tribe..

4 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by OlandoOwoo: 5:47pm On May 01, 2016
Hmm
Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by dukecharles(m): 5:55pm On May 01, 2016
People should leave us alone already, BTW why is it that IGBOS and Yorubas are very antagonistic to each other, whereas Hausa /fulani are united, enjoying the dividend of the division in the south politically.
Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by bodeloja: 5:56pm On May 01, 2016
Igbos need to celebrate their own more, haters go and hug transformer.

150 ethnic group in Nigeria but 1 love to smell Igbo shit all the time, give us space to appreciate one another as a team and ethic group please.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by raker300: 5:57pm On May 01, 2016
Drchristian:

i said clothing..learn to read and comprehend before masturbating all over here. Glad freeglobe has straightened your claim.

Now you want them to be Nigerians but if they commit crimes they're "igbos"

5 Likes

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by 2sexycom(m): 5:58pm On May 01, 2016
Abagworo:

You don't need to generalise bro. I am Anambra born. So if I could write something like this, that should tell you that not all Anambra are like that.

I personally don't play the sentiment card even if it's my blood brother that is involved.

Besides, you seem to dislike Anambrians as I noticed from your numerous post. Rochas is currently doing a poor job as a governor when compared to Willie, but I still see you discrediting Willie's work, not cool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Igbo Boy Who Wrote A Song On Beyonce's New Lemonade Album by 2sexycom(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
asha90:
Jobless ugly old man you can never mind your useless and worthless Imo state for once. Did OP mention any particular state? Your Imo state has been given ultimatum to pay the several months of outstanding salaries owed to mostly poor Imolites but it does not bother you one bit. Life must be really miserably shabby for you.! Tufia!

https://www.nairaland.com/3079905/workers-day-group-gives-okorocha#45214439

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/05/workers-day-group-gives-okorocha-ultimatum-pay-imo-workers/

[s][/s]
Thanks for pointing that fact out. The dude just dislike anything that has to do with Anambra.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Simplest Analysis Of The Comparison Between GEJ And PMB Regime / Buhari Can No Longer Talk Now Trends On Twitter / Breaking News: Why I May Soon Quit APC – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.