Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK (17160 Views)

Best Country To Find A Lecturing Job / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US / Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by jabojafa(m): 4:54pm On May 02, 2016
BreadandBeans:
Well OP, Assuming it's Canada, I'll have suggest you come.. there are a lot of jobs here for folks like you who have a degree in nursing
what about Electrical Engineering?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Haba, you be soja?
I'm sorry for the derogatory words.
On ur own part, I have forgiven you.
But please learn how to correct mistakes with respect.

Btw, didn't you wonder why I didn't edit that my post after the mistake was pointed out?
That's because I know my onus in my field and though I'm not perfect in English language, but I have enough knowledge of it that will scale me through the cooperate world.
Like I said, I have forgiven you and I look forward for ur forgiveness.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 5:47pm On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

I'm sorry for the derogatory words.
On ur own part, I have forgiven you.
But please learn how to correct mistakes with respect.

Btw, didn't you wonder why I didn't edit that my post after the mistake was pointed out?
That's because I know my onus in my field and though I'm not perfect in English language, but I have enough knowledge of it that will scale me through the cooperate world.
Like I said, I have forgiven you and I look forward for ur forgiveness.

So in essence, you orubebe'ed me and I jega'd you?
All completely forgiven. Let's be friends and shake hands!!!
By the way, I am an NMC registered professional, with an active pin and recently revalidated!!!!
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by duduade: 5:50pm On May 02, 2016
Helkayklassic:
OP please go to London then link me with the Honourable.

Abi na see politicians are beginning to share the police thingy
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

So in essence, you orubebe'ed me and I jega'd you?
All completely forgiven. Let's be friends and shake hands!!!
By the way, I am an NMC registered professional, with an active pin and recently revalidated!!!!
Owk bro.
I believe you have known a little about me.
Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by AdeMoss: 8:53pm On May 02, 2016
I haven't seen a Nurse in Range but I have seen lecturers who got government appointment and can afford Range. One of them is our Vice President
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 02, 2016
Go to UK so your spoken English could improve. Thank me later! smiley
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by justwise(m): 10:13pm On May 02, 2016
chiefconerstone:
I will advice you to ask anyone from Nigeria who left Nigeria with BSc Nursing for USA or great Britain and made it instantly . Your expectations are marveling for a young graduate. I am surprised that you don't have any passion except for mundane things like range rover and sport cars. is that all you are about? Those things that get outdated with time and usage? After that then what ? have you not seen illiterate mechanic driving such things in Nigeria? May God deliver you from mundane things. G[b]o to the west or Europe and see how Nigerian are paying taxes forever and are been treated like second class citizens[/b]. I will rather be a king in my own country even if I am drinking gari everyday. My brother nurses a driving something better than Jeeps in this country. There is no faster way around these things . Either way you will have to work for it and of course cars are liabilities not asset.

They pay tax into the system that works and provide for their people, so how is life in tax-free Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by justwise(m): 10:18pm On May 02, 2016
nairalanddotorg:

The issue is that I want to travel to UK
and make it big with my Nursing
degree
I have not seen a lecturer that rides
Range Rover sports car and its like
and I want to be among the Range
Rover Sports guys.
WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW
NAIRALANDERS?

How do you plan to do that?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 10:58pm On May 02, 2016
AdeMoss:
I haven't seen a Nurse in Range but I have seen lecturers who got government appointment and can afford Range. One of them is our Vice President

You haven't seen a 'Nurse in Range' in Nigeria? They are Nurses practicing outside the Nigerian shores, that drive vehicles better than Range's.
I bet if you look hard and wide, you would see Nurses driving Range's in Nigeria.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2016
enieme:

the grass is not always greener on the other side.
UK rules are pretty strict now that after ur studies, ur expected to pack ur load and return to ur home. And even if u find a way of staying back, it will take u years to buy that range rover - why? BillS.
Just go for the lecturing job and u could go for ur masters by taking a study leave so even after u come back, ull still have your joB And with a higher pay too.

You can also try finding a way to get urself posted to the university( provided ur qualified) as ur ppa so u don't lose the offer.

you're lucky sef, not many pple ha've the luxury of having a job in wait for them
The best advice so far. Ignore this advice at your own risk.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 5:04am On May 04, 2016
enieme:

the grass is not always greener on the other side.
UK rules are pretty strict now that after ur studies, ur expected to pack ur load and return to ur home. And even if u find a way of staying back, it will take u years to buy that range rover - why? BillS.
Just go for the lecturing job and u could go for ur masters by taking a study leave so even after u come back, ull still have your joB And with a higher pay too.

You can also try finding a way to get urself posted to the university( provided ur qualified) as ur ppa so u don't lose the offer.

you're lucky sef, not many pple ha've the luxury of having a job in wait for them

What about if he finds a beautiful British or European damsel. And marriage is on the cards? He would not be expected to pack and go, but to pack and return!!! Or is that not how it works?
It would definitely not take years to buy the Range Rover, simply place the purchase of the Range Rover on finance. It would not cost more than about £250 a month, on a 48 month plan. I hear that's how it works.
So that Range Rover dream is a distinct possibility!!!

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Greenback: 7:48am On May 04, 2016
Gaddafithe2nd:
This OP would be a bad nurse. That is why I dislike nurses with passion except my good friend (Omolara).
Just because someone corrected you, you started abusing him. You need to change your attitude.

As for the dilemma you are facing, I would rather advice you to go for the lecturing job and pursue your higher degree in UK. Abroad no be sere sere.

now look who is talkin'bout correction with a huge log in his eyes!?

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 9:43am On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

What about if he finds a beautiful British or European damsel. And marriage is on the cards? He would not be expected to pack and go, but to pack and return!!! Or is that not how it works?
It would definitely not take years to buy the Range Rover, simply place the purchase of the Range Rover on finance. It would not cost more than about £250 a month, on a 48 month plan. I hear that's how it works.
So that Range Rover dream is a distinct possibility!!!
since uve got it all figured out from 'hearsay' why don't u please be the op's sample product so when it works out for u, u can call the op to come on along?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 3:31pm On May 07, 2016
enieme:

since uve got it all figured out from 'hearsay' why don't u please be the op's sample product so when it works out for u, u can call the op to come on along?

Madam, I am not the one wanting to drive a Range nah. I was only simply stating an alternative solution.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Madam, I am not the one wanting to drive a Range nah. I was only simply stating an alternative solution.
which is why u should put urself in his shoes before telling him to embark on a journey with an untested compass.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 5:58pm On May 07, 2016
enieme:

which is why u should put urself in his shoes before telling him to embark on a journey with an untested compass.

It's not untested. Proved and confirmed.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It's not untested. Proved and confirmed.
tgen let the person who proved it come show him how he did it.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 6:10pm On May 07, 2016
enieme:

tgen let the person who proved it come show him how he did it.

Madam, those that know how it's done. Simply make it happen.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by justwise(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

..but you know too well that doing sham marriage or genuine one on visiting visa is just waste of time and money?
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I'm not debating that it isn't possible but it's a thin line to thread. Unless he's assured in some way.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 6:26pm On May 07, 2016
justwise:

..but you know too well that doing sham marriage or genuine one on visiting visa is just waste of time and money?

Point of correction, I never mentioned sham. OP would simply use his opportunity to meet the right boo, do the right formalities and marry her till death do them........
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
enieme:

I'm not debating that it isn't possible but it's a thin line to thread. Unless he's assured in some way.

Nothing in life is a guarantee. But we simply work towards perfection
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Nothing in life is a guarantee. But we simply work towards perfection
ur plan isn't even morally right. Marry for green card?

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by justwise(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2016
justwise:

Lexusgs430:

Point of correction, I never mentioned sham. OP would simply use his opportunity to meet the right boo, do the right formalities and marry her till death do them........

I wonder why you quickly jumped to sham marriage and forget the other one I mentioned
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by ATERI(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2016
enieme:

Come on, Op is like any other guy that would eventually fall in love and get married. How can it be wrong to see that as a possibility in London?
You gave Op a good advice but the road to resident permit is never cast in stone. A change in government, for instance, may lead to a change in many immigration rules including the current one that expects students to return home after studies. Let`s assume nothing changed and OP falls in love and marry in London, coming back home after studies would not necessarily mean the end of the story. All of the above are plausible assumptions that have nothing to do with immorality or illegality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 8:05pm On May 07, 2016
justwise:

I wonder why you quickly jumped to sham marriage and forget the other one I mentioned

If the marriage is genuine or perceived to be, you would not make such insinuations.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 8:07pm On May 07, 2016
[sup][/sup]
enieme:

Marry for green card, black card, red card or yellow card. The end result is still marriage. And not all marriages, that started off with immigration coverups, ended in divorce or separations.

1 Like

Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 8:08pm On May 07, 2016
ATERI:

Come on, Op is like any other guy that would eventually fall in love and get married. How can it be wrong to see that as a possibility in London?
You gave Op a good advice but the road to resident permit is never cast in stone. A change in government, for instance, may lead to a change in many immigration rules including the current one that expects students to return home after studies. Let`s assume nothing changed and OP falls in love and marry in London, coming back home after studies would not necessarily mean the end of the story. All of the above are plausible assumptions that have nothing to do with immorality or illegality.

Kindly tell all this do gooders!!!!
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by justwise(m): 8:33pm On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If the marriage is genuine or perceived to be, you would not make such insinuations.

I honestly don't know what you are on about, you completely missed the point. Oh well..
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by Lexusgs430: 9:21pm On May 07, 2016
justwise:

I honestly don't know what you are on about, you completely missed the point. Oh well..

Maybe your point was printed in English and I only understand Arabic.
Re: Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK by justwise(m): 9:32pm On May 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Maybe your point was printed in English and I only understand Arabic.

No in Chinese

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Closure Of Abuja Airport / Ibadan People Scooping Fuel From A Broken Down Petrol Tanker (Video) / Sirika: Enugu Airport is dangerous, unfit for usage - ex-Aviation Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.