Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid (1669 Views)

Weird Speaker Problem In Nissan Maxima 04 Bose Car Stereo System / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid / Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 5:12pm On May 01, 2016
Please I need help on how to solve this Maxima code.

I have cleared the code it came back

I have also changed the solenoid valve, the code did not go.

My mechanic said he will fix it. He told me he will try some things until he gets it, that if I change 100 solenoid valves it will be thesame.

He is charging me 25K for the fix cus he said it is a tough work to do. The car has been with him now for close to 4 weeks. The last time I checked on him, he has the timing chain cover opened down.

Really dont know what to do. He is the only one in d past that have been able to successfully solve my issues on d maxima. All othe mechanics I have used in the past usually leave the worse off than we I gave it to them. But I guess the N25K is asking is way too much plus the time frame.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by cocoduck: 6:27pm On May 01, 2016
steveyen:
Please I need help on how to solve this Maxima code.

I have cleared the code it came back

I have also changed the solenoid valve, the code did not go.

My mechanic said he will fix it. He told me he will try some things until he gets it, that if I change 100 solenoid valves it will be thesame.

He is charging me 25K for the fix cus he said it is a tough work to do. The car has been with him now for close to 4 weeks. The last time I checked on him, he has the timing chain cover opened down.

Really dont know what to do. He is the only one in d past that have been able to successfully solve my issues on d maxima. All othe mechanics I have used in the past usually leave the worse off than we I gave it to them. But I guess the N25K is asking is way too much plus the time frame.
when did you change engine oil last?
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 5:05am On May 02, 2016
cocoduck:

when did you change engine oil last?

It has been there since after I changed the oil last time that was couple of months ago.

It also comes with hard starting.

Besides the guy is suggesting changing to synthentic oil. I have had the car on Mobil XHP 20w-50 since.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by cocoduck: 7:33am On May 02, 2016
steveyen:

It has been there since after I changed the oil last time that was couple of months ago.

It also comes with hard starting.

Besides the guy is suggesting changing to synthentic oil. I have had the car on Mobil XHP 20w-50 since.
your car has an owner's manual, right? Use it to find out the RECOMENDED oil for you car, that's all I can tell you. And you should be changing the oil as at when due, according to your car's owner's manual.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 8:31am On May 02, 2016
cocoduck:
your car has an owner's manual, right? Use it to find out the RECOMENDED oil for you car, that's all I can tell you. And you should be changing the oil as at when due, according to your car's owner's manual.
The manual states; 5w-30 for all temp. 10w-30 or 10w-40 for ambient temp that will be above 0 degress. And it recommend mineral oil.

But I have been reading reviews for high mileage cars should use higher viscosoity oil. Though there re some engine oil specifically designed for high mileage cars but I doubt if that will be in Nigeria
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by cocoduck: 10:40am On May 02, 2016
steveyen:

The manual states; 5w-30 for all temp. 10w-30 or 10w-40 for ambient temp that will be above 0 degress. And it recommend mineral oil.

But I have been reading reviews for high mileage cars should use higher viscosoity oil. Though there re some engine oil specifically designed for high mileage cars but I doubt if that will be in Nigeria
those people are not wiser than the engineers that built the car.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by stephcruse(m): 2:03pm On May 02, 2016
Take your car to a good garage where they have equipment to set back your engine timing propely then tell them to scan the car and run data stream on it and share it we can help or call 08023284076 or 08038042709
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by Chuxxy4me(m): 10:43am On May 04, 2016
Possible causes
- Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (POS). Where are u based? If in PH, contact me
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by jodeci(m): 8:27pm On May 04, 2016
Chuxxy4me:
Possible causes
- Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (POS). Where are u based? If in PH, contact me

@chuks i also have same issue with my Nissan Pathfinder,mine is P0011. Where is your location in pH
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 5:03pm On May 23, 2016
Hello guys in the house. My Mechanic finally called he has solved the P0021 code trouble. cheesy

Though I havent seen the car yet.

The only issue is now is that I need to buy Oxygen sensor for the two banks making a total number of four Oxygen sensor and connectors. The prices I am getting for them now is not pocket friendly especially during this CHANGE time. undecided cry

One more last thing is there any different between Heated oxygen sensor and A/F sensor on Nissan Maxima?

Do Maxima 2004 have two A/F sensors and two Heated oxygen sensors ? I need to know this so I no what to buy.
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by Chuxxy4me(m): 5:56pm On May 23, 2016
Yes. The upstream oxygen sensors are the A/F sensors while the 2 downstream sensors are the heated oxygen sensors proper. They look alike with same wire colors but if u check well, u will notice that the wire position is different for both upstream and downstream though same colors. Meaning that if u interchange them, it wont work
Re: Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid by steveyen(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2016
Chuxxy4me:
Yes. The upstream oxygen sensors are the A/F sensors while the 2 downstream sensors are the heated oxygen sensors proper. They look alike with same wire colors but if u check well, u will notice that the wire position is different for both upstream and downstream though same colors. Meaning that if u interchange them, it wont work

Waoo this is an eye opener!!!

Thanks for the info.

Is there an way one can physically differentiate them?

(1) (Reply)

Avensis Malfunction / Urgent Advice / Neat Tokumbo Volkswagen Sharan Cars. SOLD SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.