Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites (2455 Views)

Mentorship Training: 12 Months Strategy To Making $1000 Monthly / Earn $20+ Daily Transcribing Online From Nigeria / My Journey To Make $1000 On Fiverr, Article Writing & Proofreading B4 Dec 31st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 7:19pm On May 01, 2016
Hi.... I am trying to start a Journey that will lead me to making $20 daily with
niche sites. I know some persons have started some kind of journey which ended as scam.
I am not here to educate or collect money from anybody(that doesn't mean I wont charge you
money if you require any of my services). This is just an update to
keep myself accountable. Any smart person can duplicate the steps here and start off something.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 7:26pm On May 01, 2016
Okay. The ultimate goal is to make $20 with niche sites.
The Steps involves:
- Choose a profitable niche.
- Purchase a domain name and hosting plan. Step up a WordPress site.
- Add Valuable contents to the site. when I get to the 30th comment, I will apply for
google adsense.
- Place the google ads on my site and drive traffic.
- Traffic source: forums, blogs and social media networks.
- Create an information product and sell to visitors.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 7:33pm On May 01, 2016
My Progress so far:
- I have chosen a niche that I think is profitable. Its in health niche. There are
millions of persons that suffer from the health condition and I think they are quite desperate
to get solution. (you are not expecting me to tell you the niche right!!!!! lol).
- I bought a domain name from godaddy. It cost me 12 bucks to get the domain for a year, that is plus
the privacy ish....
- I paid for a hosting plan on whogohost and installed wordpress on it
- I got my friend who is good with all them SEO ish to set up some pluggins to make the site search engine
optimized. The traffic location for the site will be coming mostly for USA.
- I have added some categories (although i will have to remove 3 categories and pack it as one).
- I have added just 4 posts as of now. I have found similar blogs on the topic so i will basically get articles from there
and rewrite.
- I will focus this week on adding more content to the site and registering on related forums.
Bye for now

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 10:17pm On May 01, 2016
Hi. I added 1 more post this night. The initial goal was to add 2 posts, but I had an emergency visitor so I had to stop work.
So far; I have 5 posts on the site.
Good night.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 3:26pm On May 02, 2016
Hi.. Today's Update so far:
- I added 5 more original content to the site making my total post 10.
- I posted the articles with a link back to my site on the site's Facebook page.
- I am still thinking of a foreign name to give my admin user profile.
- I will create profiles on three related forums later tonight.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 02, 2016
Seems you are on a long journey. You can PM for a shorter route.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by charsobodo(m): 5:40pm On May 02, 2016
Pls keep it up, we are watching & there is no short cut 2 success...
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by citimartmag: 6:13pm On May 02, 2016
Editing your signature to show your website and stuff like that could give you more in traffic and backlinks. You've done your research on SEO right? All the best.

See you at the top!

There are lots of health articles on the free domain that you can rewrite too.

Pm me. I'll send them to you. I was once in the health and wellness niche. it's a very large niche so you gotta be careful. To your success...

Regards.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 9:07pm On May 02, 2016
@JJY: thanks for your concern, but am not really seeking for a short cut. I want to build a business
and not just to make some few quick cash.
@Charsobodo: Thank you so much boss for the word of encouragement.
@ Citimartmag: Thanks a lot 2nd boss. I am in a subniche within the health niche.
The health niche is too broad for me to cover.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 9:10pm On May 02, 2016
My Google Analytic update for now. I have not tried pulling in any traffic yet.
Just focusing on making good content.

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by citimartmag: 9:19pm On May 02, 2016
My pleasure Bro. I'm putting up a site on a different niche. Like you, I'm taking things one at a time. let's talk.

I'm here: 56693901 or citimartmag@gmail.com
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by samogo1: 12:07am On May 03, 2016
Please am on similar journey but on fitness niche with Amazon affiliate as monetization. Please how can I use Google analytics?
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 6:40pm On May 04, 2016
@ samogo1: You need to visit the google analytic site. https://analytics.google.com/
and click the signup button. After you fill in the signup form, google will
generate an analytic code which you can imbed on your site. You can also
use a 3rd party wordpress pluggin to imbed the code on your site. Hope I made some
senses? Why amazon? there commission % is just too low mehnnn......
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 6:45pm On May 04, 2016
Hi. Sorry I didn't make any update yesterday....
So far, I have added 6 more unique content to the site making it
16 posts now. A friend suggested that I apply for the adsense ish now, but
I want to wait until next week.
I have been hearing scary things about adsense. For instance, that
adsense can place a ban on an account, making it impossible for the owner
of the account to withdraw the funds in the account.
The news is making me want to rethink my monetization strategy. The other option is
to create a landing page and drive traffic to it. Then I monetize my email list....
Am still thinking.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by citimartmag: 7:34pm On May 04, 2016
I'd suggest you wait and post more content. Adsense is necessary and they won't ban you if you stay on white hat promotion.

Since you're on the health niche and targeting US traffic, use more of affiliate channels and CPA.

I'm following your journey.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by citimartmag: 7:36pm On May 04, 2016
I'd suggest you wait and post more content. Adsense is necessary and they won't ban you if you stay on white hat promotion. Although hackers might click bomb your adsense links and get you banned anyways... Nigeria.

Since you're on the health niche and targeting US traffic, use more of affiliate channels and CPA.

I'm following your journey.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 9:18am On May 06, 2016
@ citimartmag : Thanks for your encouragement bro. I have a slight issue now.
I actually set up 2 blogs to help me achieve the target of 20 bucks a day. I kind of abandoned
1 to focus on another, so that I can apply for adsense with it. but from all indications, the
blog I abandoned is getting more traffic and organic searches than the health blog am working on right now.
The audience for the other blog is meant be Nigerians, but am getting more of USA traffic on it with just 6 posts.
The question now is, should I abandon the health blog for now and focus on the other blog for quicker
adsense approval or should I continue with the health blog. Mind you, the health blog has gotten just 1 organic
search, while the other blog has over 100 O.S.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nsonaso(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2016
The PayPal King
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Ewizard(m): 11:51am On May 06, 2016
Thank God for this day..

Wat?? That awkward moment wen u meet people with similar plans and strategy.. grin

Ive bin on a long journey researching for the most efficient and effective way to earn money from blogging at the lowest possible cost.

At a time i had to convert my challenges to a project-like questionnaire survey and hit professionals successful bloggers for deir opinions and advice.

Already have skills in Html and and Css and has bin designing responsive layout for fun for d past 2 years.

/* silly me, should have made hell of cash from dat undecided . nasoso index.html scatter my desktop screen. Well, thanks to Quentin Watt 'programmerscreed.com' for his video tutorals. Who get time to read pdf's ni?? tongue */

Querries in my questionnaire survey includes:

1. Should i write my codes my self or use a CMS like WordPress, Joomla or Drupal?

2. If CMS (WordPress preferably), how long do I have to be paying for premium themes that suit my niche. (Journal thingy).

/* Since my objectives is "lowest possible cost" i had to rush down to programmerscreed and lynda to download complete video tut on JavaScript (client-side) and Php (server-side) scripting languages respectively and start learning dem to compliment my html and css skill and also be able to edit custom WordPress themes which mostly written in php. */

typing...
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Ewizard(m): 2:09pm On May 06, 2016
To summarize my lengthy journey of inquiry..

After d episodes of questionnaires and helpful advice..

1. I came up with a beautiful short and memorable domain name with a .ng extension. *Not hosted yet*

/* thanks to jide of ogbongeblog for suggesting a Nigerian based hosting firm "gigalayer". Though am still reviewing their service, comparing and constrasting inline with my stated objective before i go host with them. wink */

2. Dust off the "making money" mindset off my brain and started building requisite element for my upcoming powerful blog. smiley

Elemnents like:

i.) Suitable niche out of similar alternatives..

ii.) Page design and layout using WordPress on a localhost, 'xamp'.

/* i downloaded a WordPress theme 'journal' created a childs theme and edit the style.css with notepad++. Though still learning and almost rounding off JavaScript and getting ready to hit php with my meteoric enthusiasm for tech-based knowledge to enable me control d behavior and functionality of my blog inline with industry standard. */

iii.) To further buttress my preparedness to hit the web with my upcoming blog, i sourced for ways to write standard privacy policies, T and C's, Disclaimers and all dos stuffs.

* Thanks to Shrinidhi Hande of eNidhi India-Blog, for drafting a suitable disclaimer. */

Iv.) Also drafted my Author Bio and Tagline.

V.) Designed a logo using my Adobe illustrator.

/* bin payin bills with graphic design since 2012. */

3.) Hav already created social links to drive traffics
* Facebook
*Twitter
*Instagram
*Google+
*LinkedIn
*WhatsApp group

/* even subscribed to a bulk sms service. Am gonna be hitting my readers with headlines straight on dier cellphones. Na only God go judge dat reader wey no go click dat link to read more angry */

And d list continues...

Conclusion:

I intend to invest more time on creating valuable contents with a mobile friendly interface and building traffics through legitimate means before monetizing ( will monetize with adsense maybe 3-4 months after launch).

So help me God!

Bbm: 7AD6AFA8

Credits:

W3schools
Sololearn
Quentin watt of programmerscreed.
Lynda for helpful video tuts.
Jide of ogbongeblog for recommendation
Shrinidhi Hande for sample disclaimer
Google
Nairaland
And host of others...

D thunder wey go fire EEDC abi PHCN still dey gym, i don spend half of d 20k wey i wan use host with gigalayer on fuel... angry

And for Glo, hell knows am dumping you at the expiration of my subscription on 12th. undecided

#Peace Herdsmen.. Aww! Sowie i mean peace, yes seriously... #Peace

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by citimartmag: 9:25pm On May 06, 2016
Nairapreneurs:
@ citimartmag : Thanks for your encouragement bro. I have a slight issue now.
I actually set up 2 blogs to help me achieve the target of 20 bucks a day. I kind of abandoned
1 to focus on another, so that I can apply for adsense with it. but from all indications, the
blog I abandoned is getting more traffic and organic searches than the health blog am working on right now.
The audience for the other blog is meant be Nigerians, but am getting more of USA traffic on it with just 6 posts.
The question now is, should I abandon the health blog for now and focus on the other blog for quicker
adsense approval or should I continue with the health blog. Mind you, the health blog has gotten just 1 organic
search, while the other blog has over 100 O.S.

It's a tricky one, really. I think I'd analyze the site that's doing well, know where the traffic is coming (google analytics tells you that.) then I'll rinse and repeat to get more traffic, get more posts and give a shot at adsense. be careful not to copy and paste anything though.

besides, traffic is everything. if that site gets more traffic and converts well, I'd focus on that.

my email is up there. let's hook up.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Emmanuel950(m): 1:40am On May 07, 2016
bro, no vex o. a beg where did you download those programming apps from?

thanks for the tip about traffic optimization to target specific country. na my mistake be that... the blog I'm working on was targeted at USA. I change m go worldwide. I have to change it back. thanks sha...
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 8:34pm On May 11, 2016
@ citimrtmag: bro, I sent you an email now
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 8:39pm On May 11, 2016
Hi. I have been super busy these past few days. But am right back on track.
I made a decision to follow through with the health blog despite the fact that the
other blog is pulling in more traffics. The reason was because, at the long run, the
health blog will pull in more income for me, while for the other blog, I will always
be dependent on the Google adsense income. So, I am letting go of the short term benefit
to focus on the long term benefit.
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 8:43pm On May 11, 2016
My Progress So Far:
I was able to add 3 more articles today making it a total of 19 original articles.
Hoping to add much more in the coming days. I created a Youtube channel for the site
and uploaded 1 whiteboard videos I made. (I heard that youtube traffic is fairly good).
M page views is picking up bit by bit (will share my analytic screenshot by this weekend).
I am also working on setting up a landing page to collect emails
from subscribers.
Amount Made So Far: $0
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by citimartmag: 5:57am On May 13, 2016
Believe me when I say, you're doing great. I'm following your journey. you have researched well.

I replied your email
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
I am back. Bigger and Better. I will start making my updates from tomorrow morning. Awhole lot of things to say.
@citimartmag . My Boss... I am very very loyal......
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by wasco24: 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Welcome
Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 9:52am On Jul 28, 2016
Its been a hectic period these past few months. Had to concentrate on taking my final exams, projects and all school stuffs.
So my blog has been lying dormant all these while. So far, I haven't made any update on my health blog since then. So traffic
has gone down to zero level. This is my screenshot of yesterday's traffic and its nothing to write home about. Also, I have placed
adsense codes on my site. I am using a friend's adsense for the main time, for which we will share the revenue 80/20.
So for today, I will make some new posts on the blog and focus on driving traffic in the evening. See ya tomorrow with a more
healthier screenshot.

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
@all... yesterday was a bit rough for me... So I only made one post and shared on social networks.
Screenshot of my traffic included

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Making $20 Daily With Niche Sites by Nairapreneurs: 1:27am On Oct 19, 2016
Hi... Sorry for the long silence...
Its really not been easy building my health blog. The most frustrating
aspect of it is the zero traffic from search engines... In fact, along the line
I got so fed up that I allowed my hosting to expire without renewal. The site has been
up for weeks and still no search traffic..

Thankfully, I was going through several blogs yesterday to really find out what was
the problem with my own blog. I discovered that I actually missed a fundamental step
from the onset and its really been affecting my traffic negatively....I just went back to my
planning board to make plans on how to right the wrong.

Meanwhile, I now have a 'naija google adsense' account with little or no cash in it.
I will be updating this thread as much as my time will allow until I reach my goal which is
to make $20 daily with my blogs....

I attached my adsense earnings so far... grin grin grin wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Landowners Of Osapa London Shows Off Wealth At A Family Function / I'm In Need Of Dates(dabino) Supplies. / Satellite Images Reveals Traffic Jam Caused By Grounded Container Ship In Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.