Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime (1030 Views)

Get Small Loans, Anywhere, Anytime With V-xchange. / How To Fix Light Switch Breaker / Flying Car Already Perfected, Set To Be Launched Anytime From Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 8:40pm On May 01, 2016
Engineers and like minded Nairalanders.
For the past few days I have been disturbed and been thinking on solving this problem.
Just moved to my new apartment, and I have got this problem, my light switch is far from my bed, and situated somewhere such that I can't move my bed to the place.
The issue I have with this actually is that I have to stand up and walk up to the switch to off the light everytime I want to sleep.
This problem wrought me an idea that there is surely a way of having full control over this such that I can on and off the lights and probably other electronic gadgets around without necessarily touching the switches, and probably ANYWHERE and ANYTIME .
This might be a breakthrough to a new technology, you know.

What do you think?
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by Donald3d(m): 8:59pm On May 01, 2016
slaknoah:
For the past few days I have been disturbed and been thinking on solving this problem.
Just moved to my new apartment, and I have got this problem, my light switch is far from my bed, and situated somewhere such that I can't move my bed to the place.
The issue I have with this actually is that I have to stand up and walk up to the switch to off the light everytime I want to sleep.
This problem wrought me an idea that there is surely a way of having full control over this such that I can on and off the lights and probably other electronic gadgets around without necessarily touching the switches, and probably ANYWHERE and ANYTIME .

What do you think?
have you taught about radio frequencies ?
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2016
Donald3d:
Radio frequencies?
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2016
Donald3d:
How do I apply that?
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 01, 2016
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 9:16pm On May 01, 2016
Bubewilson:
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Appliance-Remote-Control-Switch/dp/B000V20N3G

That works only for appliances particularly those with plugs.
Right?

Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by austin2all: 9:25pm On May 01, 2016
GO TO YOUTUBE.COM, SEARCH FOR THE VIDEOS - INTERNET OF THINGS, AND YOU WILL REALIZE HOW OUTDATED THIS YOUR THOUGHTS ARE.
PEOPLE ARE ALREADY IN 2050 DUDE AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING ABOUT BULBS AND SWITCHES.
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2016
Need a technology that can work for big and heavy duty appliances not just lamps and small appliances.
By the way I don't have lamp in my room.
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 9:30pm On May 01, 2016
austin2all:
GO TO YOUTUBE.COM, SEARCH FOR THE VIDEOS - INTERNET OF THINGS, AND YOU WILL REALIZE HOW OUTDATED THIS YOUR THOUGHTS ARE.
PEOPLE ARE ALREADY IN 2050 DUDE AND YOU ARE HERE TALKING ABOUT BULBS AND SWITCHES.
Think I simply asked for a solution to my problem, and the last time I checked, I used MAY and not WILL.
If you have any idea on what to do, kindly give bro!
And stop blabbing on what you probably don't know.
2050 dudes shouldn't have problem helping a 2016 dude
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 01, 2016
slaknoah:

That works only for appliances particularly those with plugs.
Right?
yeah, well I think another tech solution will be using PIR sensors. Let's say when you are in a zone where the sensors detect your presence, they communicate with a control panel and turn on the lights. When you leave that zone they turn it off.
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 10:00pm On May 01, 2016
Bubewilson:
yeah, well I think another tech solution will be using PIR sensors. Let's say when you are in a zone where the sensors detect your presence, they communicate with a control panel and turn on the lights. When you leave that zone they turn it off.
Wow, I like that idea.
Meaning once am on my bed, the light will turn off?
What if I am on bed and need light to get something and not in bed(when I don't need light) ?
What do you think?
(Note am a stickler to the principle of Enthusiastic skepticism in solving a problem, so don't mind my "what if"wink
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:27pm On May 01, 2016
U can use a programmed system using; maybe ropes, grin fixed it to d wall and set in such a way that if u touch/draw/move one part of the rope the switch will go off and if u touch/draw/move one part of the rope the switch will come on.

They are different ways to solving d problem.
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 4:12am On May 02, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
U can use a programmed system using; maybe ropes, grin fixed it to d wall and set in such a way that if u touch/draw/move one part of the rope the switch will go off and if u touch/draw/move one part of the rope the switch will come on.

They are different ways to solving d problem.
You don't mean it!
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by Nobody: 6:19am On May 02, 2016
slaknoah:

Wow, I like that idea.
Meaning once am on my bed, the light will turn off?
What if I am on bed and need light to get something and not in bed(when I don't need light) ?
What do you think?
(Note am a stickler to the principle of Enthusiastic skepticism in solving a problem, so don't mind my "what if"wink
well I don't really understand the third sentence/question. However the PIR light control technology can as well be configured to make use of remote controllers. So if you are on your bed and need light to see something on the table opposite your bed, without having to rise up for the sensors to detect your presence. You can easily press a button on your remote and the control panel will turn on the lights.

Note that PIR tech solutions are not rear in Nigeria. Currently there is a home security device called SafeHome www.safehome.ng that uses PIR and GSM technology to give home owners eyes and ears at home from anywhere. It works such that sensors like door/window contact sensors/detectors, motion sensor, gas leakage and smoke detectors are placed in strategic places in your home. This sensors communicates wirelessly with a control panel which is in turn registered and monitored online remotely. Then if an burglar breaks into your home or there is a smoke or gas leakage detection. The home control panel blares it's alarm to warn of the danger, the home owner also gets an sms notification about the incidence telling him or her what exactly is happening, while the SafeHome command and control centre also sees the danger on their portal and calls the person to ensure he is safe and also sends help (security, fire service etc) right away.

Hope I wasn't too verbose?
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by slaknoah(m): 8:52am On May 02, 2016
Bubewilson:
well I don't really understand the third sentence/question. However the PIR light control technology can as well be configured to make use of remote controllers. So if you are on your bed and need light to see something on the table opposite your bed, without having to rise up for the sensors to detect your presence. You can easily press a button on your remote and the control panel will turn on the lights.

Note that PIR tech solutions are not rear in Nigeria. Currently there is a home security device called SafeHome www.safehome.ng that uses PIR and GSM technology to give home owners eyes and ears at home from anywhere. It works such that sensors like door/window contact sensors/detectors, motion sensor, gas leakage and smoke detectors are placed in strategic places in your home. This sensors communicates wirelessly with a control panel which is in turn registered and monitored online remotely. Then if an burglar breaks into your home or there is a smoke or gas leakage detection. The home control panel blares it's alarm to warn of the danger, the home owner also gets an sms notification about the incidence telling him or her what exactly is happening, while the SafeHome command and control centre also sees the danger on their portal and calls the person to ensure he is safe and also sends help (security, fire service etc) right away.

Hope I wasn't too verbose?
Not at all
Thanks bro, will start to work on that.
Am not in Nigeria though.
I just happen to be a person that prefers to make my thing myself, and not buy.
Thanks for taking time to explain.
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by Savotech: 11:00pm On May 02, 2016
slaknoah:
What do you think?

This not new dear, its sold everywhere but u can continue with your research and see new features you can add to it
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by alatbaba1(m): 4:24am On May 03, 2016
I have been looking for a device like this for a very long time. I have an old but working air conditional unit in my room. No remote to control the temperature or switch it off. It get too cold at mid-night I find it difficult to stand up and switch it off. I need to remote controlled socket. Hw and where can I get that in Nigeria.
Re: How To Have Control Over Your Light Switch Anywhere And Anytime by Savotech: 9:00am On May 03, 2016
alatbaba1:
I have been looking for a device like this for a very long time. I have an old but working air conditional unit in my room. No remote to control the temperature or switch it off. It get too cold at mid-night I find it difficult to stand up and switch it off. I need to remote controlled socket. Hw and where can I get that in Nigeria.

Check alaba at Lagos, or better still check online www.aliexpress.com you will see many varieties. If you have difficulty in importing or cant take the risk, www.hub360.com.ng will help you take care of that.

(1) (Reply)

Stop Buying Chinese Or Fake Laptops: / Good Hand Sealer / Super-yacht Of The Future Built By A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.