Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name (1910 Views)

The Meaning Of The Original Gospel Of Being Bornagain / Meaning Of Cutting Firewood In The Dream / FINALLY: See This Strong Spritualist For Fast Money, Charms, Spell, Yahoo+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by Tobyshegz(m): 8:55pm On May 01, 2016
I was in church this morning when i heard the name. I have always wanted to remember it at the end of each service, but i couldnt. Despite the fact that I am a yoruba guy, i still couldnt figure out what the name mean.
As the choristers stepped on the altar to lead the congregation in praise and worship, the soloist started by saying and singing God's various names in yoruba (those ones you hear and your head start to swell) then i heard the name: "Jesu oluwa mi, Akobi awon oku".
Abeg, what is the meaning of "Akobi awon oku" 'cos the english meaning is "The firstborn of the dead"and that's pretty weird. Make pesin explain this name to me
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by finalboss1(m): 8:56pm On May 01, 2016
first born of dead people
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 01, 2016
Tobyshegz:
I was in church this morning when i heard the name. I have always wanted to remember it at the end of each service, but i couldnt. Despite the fact that I am a yoruba guy, i still couldnt figure out what the name mean.
As the choristers stepped on the altar to lead the congregation in praise and worship, the soloist started by saying and singing God's various names in yoruba (those ones you hear and your head start to swell) then i heard the name: "Jesu oluwa mi, Akobi awon oku".
Abeg, what is the meaning of "Akobi awon oku" 'cos the english meaning is "The firstborn of the dead"and that's pretty weird. Make pesin explain this name to me
and u still call urself a yoruba man
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by banjicom(m): 9:09pm On May 01, 2016
It means he is the first born among dead people.........,..
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by Tocheagle(m): 9:14pm On May 01, 2016
Meeehn Just GOGU the ansa on GOGU yoruba na
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by Tobyshegz(m): 9:14pm On May 01, 2016
banjicom:
It means he is the first born among dead people.........,..
As in??. I still dont understand!. How can somebody be the 1st born of dead people??
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by banjicom(m): 9:21pm On May 01, 2016
Tobyshegz:

As in??. I still dont understand!. How can somebody be the 1st born of dead people??

Jesus Christ is the first man alive to rise from the dead and also the last.

That is the simple meaning.

If you want to know more see your pastor. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by Tobyshegz(m): 10:27pm On May 01, 2016
banjicom:

So why "akobi awon oku" whereas they could have given him another name like "alaye l'arin awon oku"
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:02pm On May 01, 2016
banjicom:

I'm quite sure Jesus wasn't the first person to rise from the dead or the last - at least according to biblical accounts.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by banjicom(m): 11:29pm On May 01, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

I'm quite sure Jesus wasn't the first person to rise from the dead or the last - at least according to biblical accounts.

Mention their Names please.

Because I don't know of any other man who died and was buried for 3 days and came back alive like Jesus did.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Strong Name by banjicom(m): 11:39pm On May 01, 2016
Tobyshegz:

So why "akobi awon oku" whereas they could have given him another name like "alaye l'arin awon oku"

It is still d same thing and d same meaning. Do you know what akobi means in Yoruba it means the first born.

Jesus has done a remarkable thing which is not humanly possible. He is known has the first man to die and rise from the dead........I guess that is why he is referred to has akobi ninu a won oku.

I hope u try and understand my point.

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Spend 3 Days And 3 Nights As He Promised? / Is There Another Life After This Life? True Life Story / What Are The Core Tenets (doctrines, Value And Virtues) Of Christainity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.