Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,453 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:37 PM

14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria (50439 Views)

4 Untapped Online Business Ideas In Nigeria - Nigerianonlinebusiness / Top 10 Business Ideas In Nigeria In 2017 / List Of Top 100 Profitable Small-scale Business Ideas In Nigeria (updated) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by Consultville(m): 9:06pm On May 01, 2016
Let us use this opportunity to discuss lucrative business ideas in Nigeria.

REAL ESTATE/HOUSING SECTOR

There is a saying that, “Landlords grow rich in their sleep”. Funny but true, Real Estate is a green area for business and investment.
Acquiring a large expanse of land, portioning it into service plots for sale in which payments are in installments is a sub-sector that has made many Nigerian Millionaires.

Building residential apartments, hotel and recreation part also falls under the auspices of Real Estate.

One can also be a Freelance Agent adopting different marketing strategies to sell or let people’s properties or Private Company Independent Agent.

One can also setup an online store for selling building materials, items for example cement is a very essential commodity and needed in large quantities.

CRECHE AND NURSERY

Children are born every day and there is a need to acquire formal education.
Crèche and School business generally is a diamond-mine a major problem is that there are many substandard schools in Nigeria so if you can take qualitative education seriously and make it your watchword, the sky is just the starting point, eventually your school will be a cynosure.

TRAVELS AND TOURS

Movement from one place to another is very common to man, so much more man loves leisure and fun. Combining Travel Agency with Tourism is a very good combination and a lucrative one.

The world is a global village and Nigerians are fast embracing digital technology, most tickets are bought online, strategically positioning yourself as a reliable agent with cheap tickets will pave way for you in the industry.
Websites like travelstart.com offer startups the opportunity to start their own online travel agency and your site backend will be integrated to their own (travelstart.com).

Strategically collaborating with tourist places both locally and international is a good way to start the Tour arm of this sector. Organizing events like “Weekend Escape” for couples is also a brilliant idea.

POULTRY AND LIVESTOCK FEEDS

Poultry business is a thriving business in Nigeria, the rate of consumption is quit high. There is also Government legislation that bans the importation of frozen livestock, thereby pushing the pressure on the local farmers. Its demand doubles or even more during festive period especially Christmas.

TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS

The need to move from one place to another is the background of this business, although the sector has been marred with street urchins. A well-planned system such as, inter-state bus travels and taxi system like yellow cabs and red cabs that we see around in Lagos can be adopted and explored. Uber Nigeria is a very good investment area in the transportation industry.
Haulage trucks renting for some Companies like DHL, Dangote etc. is also a very safe way of investing in this sector.

INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY

ICT is one of the fastest growing sectors in Nigeria, ranging from e-commerce to blogging and other internet-allied services.
Another green area is the Computer Literacy part, a large chunk of Nigerians are still computer illiterate. A training center will surely flourish in this field.

Offering computerization of some operations in workplace is an innovative way to start, the corporate world is evolving lot of Companies still
embrace analog system of operation, you can get a good programmer to design a solution application and then you can commercialize it.

PROFESSIONAL CLEANING AND WASTE DISPOSAL

Cleaning services is needed almost everywhere some entrepreneurs have even explored residential cleaning. This business has lots of green areas including fumigation services, post-construction cleaning services, dry-cleaning services and lots
This is a very profitable business, you just need to get an organizational structure in place, and hire the right hands.

MARKETING AND ADVERTISING COMPANY

Marketing and Advertising for Companies is a very lucrative business, sales are very crucial to every business, if you believe you can help plan marketing strategies and implement them, and this business area is just for you. Your earnings might be based on commission for products sold; digital marketing will give you the edge.

LOGISTICS COMPANY

The logistics business is a very lucrative and broad business in Nigeria, its opportunities spans areas like documents/parcel handling, intra-state errands, clearing and forwarding.
The documents/parcel business, partnership with well-established firm is very good option or even becoming franchisee of big logistics firms like DHL is a very nice idea.

Lots of Companies outsource their parcel delivery; you just need to position your Company very well.
Clearing and Forwarding, this is a good mine although the sector is marred with lots of corrupt practices, if one shows serious interest and builds a very good online presence then the sky is just the starting point for the person.

CREDIT AND LOAN SERVICES

Turn right, turn left you will find lots of these Companies. It’s a lazy way of making lots of money, just from the comfort of your house you can operate this business and make lots of money. It involves a high level of risk-taking though but with adequate background check on the person you are lending money then you are a bit secured.

FOREIGN ADMISSION PLACEMENT SERVICES:

The need to acquire formal education is the background of this business, less than 50% of those that apply to Universities to study in Nigeria actually gain admission. Over the past decade the attention has been greatly increased towards studying abroad. As an agent, you’re to partner with these Schools abroad, get paid commission on referral, so the trick is the more University options you have the greater your chances.
Along the line you can add services like TOEFL, SAT, GRE tutorials.

GAS STATIONS/PLANT

The paradigm shift from using kerosene to gas is getting interesting every day, lots of homes now have gas cookers in lieu of Kerosene stoves, apart from the fact that is cheap it is also clean. Gas plants are becoming essential in neighborhoods; partnership with Petrol Station is one of the best routes as the safety concern is covered.
Plenty Nigerians are making millions in this sector.

DIESEL AND PETROLEUM HAULAGE BUSINESS

Though this sector is marred with lots of corrupt practices including dilution of petroleum products, in accurate precision and all but it is a very open sector and very lucrative especially if one can have a peddler (mini-truck) or a big truck for the haulage. Diesel can easily be gotten from the depot in Apapa. You only need little publicity and more importantly, try building your integrity in the business it pays a lot.

CARS AND SPARE PARTS

Selling of cars is a very lucrative business in Nigeria, there are some strategic advertising tools one can employing in this business that you will be smiling to the bank and makes selling seamless.
Spare parts business is also a very good business, parts are imported from Belgium, UK etc. Tire is also a sub-sector you can also explore as a majority of vehicles has tire problem. Launching a Tire Check Campaign and some digital advert to spice it is a goldmine.

source: http://regville.com/uncategorized/14-lucrative-business-ideas-in-nigeria/

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by austin2all: 9:11pm On May 01, 2016
HOW ABOUT CHURCH BUSINESS

155 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by servicegiver: 9:30pm On May 01, 2016
I am wondering why you did not mention any form of online business, meanwhile, there are over 5 million Nigerians using the internet today. Don't you think including it will be a very good idea?

The internet offers a lot of opportunities for Nigerians...please let us not leave it out yet. Afterall, there are many Nigerians running legitimate business online. My views though!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by legalbizonline(m): 11:45pm On May 01, 2016
The OP is right by not including online business.
See most of these online businesses are easier said than done. Even most of the so called gurus who claim to have made millions through online business are lieing. They make money by just teaching people and charge a fee.

Most people who fall victims of these online business Crap/bullshit are either lazy or have a Lotto-Mentality (i.e want to make millions with little or no capital).

I am speaking from experience.

The business ideas listed are the best as long as Nigeria is concern.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by G12(m): 7:56am On May 02, 2016
legalbizonline:
See most of these online businesses are easier said than done. Even most of the so called gurus who claim to have made millions through online business are lieing. They make money by just teaching people and charge a fee.

Most people who fall victims of these online business Crap/bullshit are either lazy or have a Lotto-Mentality (i.e want to make millions with little or no capital).

wake up! There's big money on the internet. Those who sold you eBooks may not be making money themselves, but it doesn't mean one can't make money online. What works for one may not work fot another, it's just about finding your angle. I have not only made money online, but also taught a few individuals who are doing well.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by G12(m): 7:57am On May 02, 2016
legalbizonline:

wake up! There's big money on the internet. Those who sold you eBooks may not be making money themselves, but it doesn't mean one can't make money online. What works for one may not work fot another, it's just about finding your angle. I have not only made money online, but also taught a few individuals who are doing well.

Your username though

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by KELVIN086: 10:21am On May 02, 2016
Op ur right , those are good businesses especially logistics and real estate .

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by ourchoice(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2016
Cool smiley
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by ultrazone(m): 10:22am On May 02, 2016
Businesses in Nigeri

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by Olukologia(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2016
Business idea wit capital U meant? Anyways I'd go for Real Estate and Cars and spare parts biz

1 Like

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by joey150(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by fatdick(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2016
ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by Safemode(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2016
low ba3
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by Adaowerri111: 10:26am On May 02, 2016
Boutique? ?? Building materials Restaurants

5 Likes

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by bodeoni: 10:26am On May 02, 2016
Nice Write up OP. I am not sure about travel agencies and tourism tho. The advent of online booking really hit travel agencies in Nigeria. These days most of them add Passport and Visa procurement to their service line up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by frankanyiks(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2016
Ok..Seen
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by Pavore9: 10:26am On May 02, 2016
Spice packaging is very lucrative.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by PIPPROF(m): 10:26am On May 02, 2016
wink

binary options trading

affiliate marketing

CPA marketing

follow my signature and get free bonuses

1 Like

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by babyfaceafrica: 10:26am On May 02, 2016
Food and bar business
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by seggzzy(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2016
G12 pls CA u educate me on how to make money on internet, seggbenga@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27am On May 02, 2016
I currently own a 500 by 200 plot of land at Obern and a 200 by 200 plot land at Sapele road in Benin City but confused as to how to develop them and what to build there.
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by olaide92(m): 10:27am On May 02, 2016
good suggestions
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by LagosBoi2(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2016
These ideas makes a lot of sense but you need to add online businesses
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On May 02, 2016
legalbizonline:

very correct,from experience too

2 Likes

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by adimoh99(m): 10:28am On May 02, 2016
I totally agree with you on Poultry and Livestock feeds. For instance in Akwa Ibom State, poultry business thrives a whole lot because chicken is consumed on daily basis not just during festive period. It's either the chicken is fried in parts and sold or it is sold in full at the local market around some how some how they sell chicken there and even the supply is still not enough.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by BIGTinfotech: 10:29am On May 02, 2016
ICT!!!!!!
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by onunwa21(m): 10:29am On May 02, 2016
grin POLITICAL BUSINESS grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by amokeme(f): 10:36am On May 02, 2016
Really interested in the transportation business
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2016
cool
Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by johnstin(m): 10:38am On May 02, 2016
efosasere:
I currently own a 500 by 200 plot of land at Obern and a 200 by 200 plot land at Sapele road in Benin City but confused as to how to develop them and what to build there.

You can consider setting up an LPG Station on your land if it meets the safety requirements.

It is a business you can never regret venturing into, if you get it right.
I urge you to conduct an independent research on the business.
If you are not impressed with the findings, don't contact me. By the way, I install gas systems.

1 Like

Re: 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria by honsaint(m): 10:39am On May 02, 2016
Political biz is still d best cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Checkout Made In Aba Products Made By Local Manufacturers (photos) / Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich / Lady Mistakenly Pays N1m Into Couple's Account In Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.