Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,669 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club (29542 Views)

Poll: Are You In Support Of This Action By The G.O

Yes: 35% (40 votes)
No: 64% (74 votes)
This poll has ended

Obiano Plans To Build Millionaires City / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic / Gov Kwankwaso Floats Private Army, Relegates Hisbah Guard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by BlackRevo: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2009
By Adedutu Audu

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has formed another millionaires’ club as he plans to raise N1.7billion for the church’s development and programmes.

The new club, named Club 1,000, according to the GO, is for people who can give N1 million whenever God wants it.

Club 1,000, which will be inaugurated on 6 September by 5 p.m. at the Prayer Foyer of the Redemption Camp, is to complement the Club 70 formed several years ago for people who can give N10 million whenever God demanded for it.

Adeboye, who announced the formation of the club while giving a report on the activities of the church between August 2008 and August this year at the 57th Annual Convention held between 3 and 10 August, tagged - Christ in me, the hope of glory, said, for a while, he has not been calling on the Club 70 members, because God told him, He (God) wants to take all the glory for all the work in the auditorium.

“For three to four years now, we have not been asking for special offering for things going on in the camp. God told me that he wants to receive all the glory.

“The Lord has been very good, when we look at what He has done and what remains, we need to pray for more help,” Adeboye said.

The mathematician turned preacher said there are still more than 100 nations of the world where there is no RCCG, despite the church being in over 170 nations and opening at least 10 parishes everyday, adding that there is acute shortage of bathrooms, toilets and dormitories, and that though the church has many, they are now grossly inadequate because of its ever increasing population.

“The auditorium is completed now. As it is, it is now inadequate, thank God it is not raining. Now, I need your assistance to build more toilets, bathrooms and dormitories,” Adeboye pleaded.

He also announced that over 34,000 babies were born in RCCG between August 2008 and August this year. 4,200 marriages were also conducted in the church during the same period.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/08/10/adeboye-floats-millionaires-club-targets-n17bn-fund
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by asha80(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2009
grin cheesy grin cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2009
asha 80:

grin cheesy grin cheesy lipsrsealed

this is the only valid reaction to this thread. plain comedy.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

this is the only valid reaction to this thread. plain comedy.

Those that gives will never lack.
besides, he is not forcing anyone to join it nor give.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by bawomolo(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Those that gives will never lack.
besides, he is not forcing anyone to join it nor give.

you are right.

how does Adeboye know when God demands money though?
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2009
Please, I want to join Club 1 for those that provide a million dollars whenever the Lord needs it.

OLE!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2009
bawomolo:

you are right.

how does Adeboye know when God demands money though?

Only him will be able to answer that question.
So far, the guy has been able to do a wonderful job to govern his church with people growing from wealth to more, and being a member of such church might not be a bad idea, cos they seems to know all that are important oh
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by ikeyman00(m): 7:02pm On Aug 10, 2009
@@@@@@

nawoooo

odududwa

once again im watchin yall

like one just said na by force

kia haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i don die eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooo o
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2009
Why is this in the politics ?
Moderators please move this to crime section coz thats where it belongs.

I see the idiotic kleptomaniac, Daddy 419 G.O keeps inventing new ways to dupe his flock.
Soon the criminal would buy himself a space shuttle while the dumb members will still be living on less than $1 a day. . .
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by nex(m): 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
Please I want Daddy to set up club 1 which will be for only myself so that I can be able to dish out $1 million at the Lords whims and caprices through the divine revelation of Daddy G.O.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by redsun(m): 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2009
That guy is a master con man.The more u look the less u see.

All they see as scammers are yahoo boys,meanwhile,they are the only black group in the universe that have ever shown oyibo the other side of the coin,for them to feel the pain of exploitation that blackman have been subjected to for so long,from conquest to physical slavery,to mental slavery and to imperialism.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Agbotoba(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2009
God does not share His glory with any man.

Daddy G.O. has spoken according to God's instruction.

Take it or leave it,God can raise stones to do His work on earth.

Being part of that is just a privilege to partake in God's blessings.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2009
Let him raise stones and stop bugging us abeg.

Tell Daddy 419 G.O to go to bar beach and pack stones dem plenty for there.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2009
Agbotoba:

God does not share His glory with any man.

Daddy G.O. has spoken according to God's instruction.

Take it or leave it,God can raise stones to do His work on earth.

Being part of that is just a privilege to partake in God's blessings.

Please stop it!!!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by blacksta(m): 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
This is my personal opinion - I am not a member of RCCG

Tudor

Your ignorance in this matter is always is demonstrated in your post in relation to religion.  Nobody is under duress to give money to God or to a church but if you feel God has blessed you or has been good to you then you give.  Another fact - you can not out give God .  

For your information if you would care to listen this time  . There are thousands of instances where people have been abundantly blessed and giving a million pounds  would not be a big deal.

A true Christian knows you cannot give money to God with a grudge . The scriptures reminds us " God says let every man as you have proposed in your  heart   in  love and thanksgiving give without any duress or compulsion "

Another fact  

Your opinion will never change the notion that God is bigger than you
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by mustafar1: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
ROfLmao grin grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by blacksta(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Please stop it!!!

Is not true .
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by mamagee6(f): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Please stop it!!!

And what if he/she won't.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
blacksta:

Is not true .

I happen to believe that even men of God err from time to time and since God himself said that the heart of man is terribly wicked, it is not our place to go around making claims we can not for a fact claim we know of the intentions of another.

I always make it known before I post on these issues that I happen to attend one of the redeem churches, but I am definitely not for the publicizing of the giving process or celebrating it in this way. I somehow get from the above that it is likely some journalist stole in and decided to score himself some points by publishing this story for Nigerians to criticize, but in the same I have questions about the need to announce such an idea. A couple of questions come to mind. Does being a part of the millionaire club matter for anything, in the eye of God himself? I mean sure, if you have more, give, and if you don't have, don't. But do we have to create a label, a group to separate those who can and choose to give more from those who give less( even if they are giving their all)?

I believe in giving in secret. More or less, I don't believe the next man ought to know what amount I am giving as Christ did say it ought to be between us and God.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2009
blacksta:

This is my personal opinion  - I am not a member of RCCG

Tudor

Your ignorance in this matter is always is demonstrated in your post in relation to religion.
What ignorance?
You do not need a magician to tell you Adeboye is a con man.
You on the other hand are blinded by ignorance.
 Nobody is under duress to give money to God or to a church but if you feel God has blessed you or has been good to you then you give.  Another fact - you can not out give God .  

Oh yeah?
What do you call preachings that if you do not give bribes off£ring$ to god you're doomed financially or forming a millionaires club where members give money "whenever god needs it"- Needless to say when god needs it, members would naturally strive to produce the 1million irrespective of whether they have it or not.

The teaching is putting the members under duress that they must give or face financial/marital/career ruin while
the millionaires club is some form of psychological duress just like peer pressure where members in order not to disappoint on their "club" duties pay the millas even if "god" needs it 100 times in a year.
Adeboye is really a smart theif.
For your information if you would care to listen this time  . There are thousands of instances where people have been abundantly blessed and giving a million pounds  would not be a big deal.

Abundantly blessed?
Where is your evidence?
Would you care to mention how many of the top 100 richest men in the world are christians not to even talk of born again.
Rubbish!
A true Christian knows you cannot give money to God with a grudge . The scriptures reminds us " God says let every man as you have proposed in your  heart   in  love and thanksgiving give without any duress or compulsion "

Why then does daddy 419 and others teach that giving opens doors and in effect compel you to give since everyone wants open doors.

Another fact  

Your opinion will never change the notion that God is bigger than you
Good. Let him rain money down from heaven for adeboye and stop sending the crook to come beg poor nigerians for dough.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by back2back(f): 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
Shocking!!!!

Now I know why there is no progress in Nigeria!

Isreal did not pray to God to help them against ARABS.

They build and buy nuclear weapons to defend themselves!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Kobojunkie: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2009
Tudór:

What ignorance?
You do not need a magician to tell you Adeboye is a con man.
You on the other hand are blinded by ignorance.
Oh yeah?

Oh please!!! Just cause you do not understand it does not mean you have it figured out. Like @blacksta made clear, the people who give are not CAJOLED in anyway to do so. They do so with no gun to their heads so I am not sure how you came to the claimed WISDOM that the man is a CON man and everyone who does not see him that way are the ignorant ones.

Tudór:

What do you call preachings that if you do not give bribes off£ring$ to god you're doomed financially or forming a millionaires club where members give money "whenever god needs it"- Needless to say when god needs it, members would naturally strive to produce the 1million irrespective of whether they have it or not.

Give bribes to God? Actually, the bible does say it clearly “ GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU, GOOD MEASURE PRESSED DOWN AND RUNNING OVER”. So if you want to interpret that as GIVING BRIBE TO GOD at least blame God, call him out as the Con man here, for allowing those words in HIS WORD. Adeboye did not make those words up himself. grin roflmao!!!!

Tudór:

The teaching is putting the members under duress that they must give or face financial/marital/career ruin while
the millionaires club is some form of psychological duress just like peer pressure where members in order not to disappoint on their "club" duties pay the millas even if "god" needs it 100 times in a year.

Oh please!!! Putting what members under duress? I happen to be a member and I don’t feel  cajoled in any way to join. Heck, I don’t even listen to most of the calls to give as I know my limit and I stick to it no matter what. If a member CHOOSES to put himself in hell trying to FEEL AMONG, no be that person wahala again?

Tudór:
Adeboye is really a smart theif.
Abundantly blessed?
Where is your evidence?
Would you care to mention how many of the top 100 richest men in the world are christians not to even talk of born again.
Rubbish!
Why then does daddy 419 and others teach that giving opens doors and in effect compel you to give since everyone wants open doors.

Good. Let him rain money down from heaven for adeboye and stop sending the crook to come beg poor nigerians for dough.

SigH!!!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by MrCrackles(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2009
Daddy GO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is getting ridiculous!! angry
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by JomoGbomo2(m): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2009

Abundantly blessed?
Where is your evidence?
Rubbish!

@ Tudor, u correct man.

"When the missionaries came, we had the Land they had the Bible, they said let us pray and we closed our eyes, when we open our eyes, we have the bible, they have our Land (oil). -- Rev Desmond Tutu

I dont think what desmond said yes back was wrong.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by JomoGbomo2(m): 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2009
Sincerely, i dont mind the amount Daddy RCCG demand s from his flock, i will only want him to start asking his followers where they get their money from before collecting it from them espeacially the public office holder amogst them

The question might arise, Is it his responsibilty to know if they stole it or not? Daddy is not God to know if the wealth is ill-gotten or not but he his aware of how the nigerian tresury is being looted and i am so sure he has a good guess of who and who are running this govt, affairs. he can start helping this country by dissociating himself from politicians and public office holder that will be blessing him with the nation's money.

Anyway God knows all.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by presido1: 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2009
Most of those that can give that 1milla are those stealing from me and you.
This has gone to another level.

God you only know who is for you and who is using your name to defraud others.
The judgement is for You and only You to make.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Tudor6(f): 7:43am On Aug 11, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Oh please!!! Just cause you do not understand it does not mean you have it figured out. Like @blacksta made clear, the people who give are not CAJOLED in anyway to do so.
Really?
What does cajole mean?
Hint: It's to persuade someone to do something by making it appear attractive or causing him to feel honoured.
If thats not what daddy 419 G.O is doing then what is?
They do so with no gun to their heads so I am not sure how you came to the claimed WISDOM that the man is a CON man and everyone who does not see him that way are the ignorant ones.
If he puts a gun to their heads then he's an armed robber. But using brainwashing, sugarcoating and cajoling is the forte of a con man and AdeJALE is top notch.

Give bribes to God? Actually, the bible does say it clearly “ GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU, GOOD MEASURE PRESSED DOWN AND RUNNING OVER”. So if you want to interpret that as GIVING BRIBE TO GOD at least blame God, call him out as the Con man here, for allowing those words in HIS WORD. Adeboye did not make those words up himself. grin roflmao!!!!

AdeTHEIF did not make up the words himself that makes him innocent, right?
Madoff didn't invent the ponzi scheme lets drape him in white robes and declare him jesus too!

Besides, is it not the same bible people like the Jwitts use yet you don't see them forming millionaires club to bribe god "whenever he needs it".

Oh please!!! Putting what members under duress? I happen to be a member and I don’t feel  cajoled in any way to join. Heck, I don’t even listen to most of the calls to give as I know my limit and I stick to it no matter what. If a member CHOOSES to put himself in hell trying to FEEL AMONG, no be that person wahala again?

Stop using yourself as a benchmark for others. Psychology has told us that peer pressure works on majority yet a few are sensible enough to resist. Adeboye knows this and plans to use it on as many people as he can.
What a theif!
SigH!!!

[quote][/quote]
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Ibime(m): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2009
presido1:

Most of those that can give that 1milla are those stealing from me and you.

Yes o!

A large percentage of cash that goes into RCCG is stolen and Daddy GO knows it.

In the words of the Lord to Cain, this offering is not acceptable in the eyes of the Lord!
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by emilyone(f): 9:52am On Aug 11, 2009
Daddy G.O. never encourages anyone to go stealing neither is he forcing anybody to make donation and who ever now goes out of his way by stealing in order to make donation would definitely be answerable to God
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 11, 2009
I don't know mahn.
This sounds dodgy but i know too well not to criticise a 'man of God'.

'Daddy GO' and his recent actions have been. . . . . . . . . . lets just say Sketchy.
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by kokoA(m): 10:11am On Aug 11, 2009
Whatever undecided
Re: Adeboye Floats Millionaires’ Club by lagbaja(m): 10:20am On Aug 11, 2009
I can see a lot of ignorance being displayed here. Spriritual exercises like this one will never make sense to those who dont understand them and have never put them to test. For those of us who happen to soon be members of the club 1000,and who have benefited from similar exercies in the past, the rewards are priceless God is ever faithful to his promises of rewarding cheerful and honest givers. By the way, I am not a politician or public servant and my incomes are genuine and divine. Have u tried to ask yourselves why nations that always gives (e.g. US) always stays on top, because its a spiritual law silly!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Abia Pays N100K To Herdsmen For Every Cow Killed In Clash With Farmers - Ikpeazu / FG, US Discussing Extradition Of Abba Kyari Over Hushpuppi - Malami / PDP Presidential Primary: Atiku In Clear Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.