Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje (319 Views)

Prophecies for 2017 by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Leverage Devotional By Pastor Segun Obadje by DrBookie(f): 5:05am On May 02, 2016
Monday, May 02
The God Of Covenant (II)

Genesis 2:16-17; Deuteronomy 30:15-20

Genesis 2:16-17 "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." God is a faithful God. He never breaks His Word. God’s Word is His bond; His covenant. Going by the nature of God’s faithfulness, He always wants to cut covenant with His people that His faithfulness might be revealed to them, and that they also might enjoy His everlasting faithfulness. Psalms 89:34 says, "My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips"". By God’s covenant, mercy and grace are preserved for those who love Him and who are walking with Him. If Adam had kept God’s covenant and had not transgressed the Word of God, man still would have been living in the Garden of Eden; the Garden of God’s pleasure. Man still would have been in the glory of God in all its many sided manifestations. There wouldn’t have been death, pain, oppression, poverty, sicknesses and diseases. In all the dispensations of God to man, there hasn’t been any one without a covenant. From the dispensation of Innocence to that of Conscience, from Conscience to the Law, and from the Law to Grace, which is known as the New Covenant. All the dispensations are all of covenants. This revelation of God to man shows that God will always keep His covenant because He is faithful. Walking with God requires an understanding of who He is and a corresponding response to Him as such. Knowing God as a God of covenant helps to facilitate our walk with Him, and shows us that we have to keep our part of the covenant because He will not deny Himself, nor His Word.

Other Scriptures for Meditation: 1 Timothy 3:1-4; Psalms 89:20-34 

My Solid Front (Confession) 
My God is a God of covenant; therefore I declare that in all my dealings with Him, I walk with this mindedness of Him; I am not a truce breaker, I am faithful like my Heavenly Father in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

...of Prophecy And Its Manifestation / Be Thou Perfect. / The Chosen Daily Devotional 11th May, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.