Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,073 members, 7,807,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Please Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advice (548 Views)

Please Advice: What Car Should I Buy For Mom ? / Please Advice! A friend needs advice On Buying his First Car / I Want To Buy A Peugeot 407 Automatic....please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice by realman2015: 6:33am On May 02, 2016
I currently drive a 2009 Toyota Camry which has been around for almost 3 years now. To reduce the wear and tear of the vehicle I am planning buying another car preferably SUV of the same year of manufacture like the camry. For this, I have been thinking about MDX and RX for sometime not until a friend said I should go for BMW that I will enjoy it. Though he said I shouldn't go for registered but toks.

Now these are my concerns, in as much as I hear people say it is a very good car what about maintenance, fuel efficiency ( I don't expect it to consume like an I4 Toyota but that of V6- pls correct me if am wrong), and getting a good and reliable mechanic ( who is not pocket draining like coscharis). Perhaps, my fears may be due to long use of Japanese cars and the general believe syndrome that German cars are not for average income people.

Please I need advice from users of bmw or anyone with experience ...
Re: Please Advice by mayor2013: 6:48am On May 02, 2016
One thing for sure is maintenance won't come cheap. Which of the bmw are you looking. Excellent vehicle dynamics, love the twin turbo charger that comes with it . Fuel consumption is expected to be slightly high. The germans have always built their cars to standard. Hardly would you see factory recalls. Basically for me I would just ssy they worked on all flaws of the Japanese cars. Go for it If you can afford its maintenance
Re: Please Advice by realman2015: 1:12pm On May 02, 2016
mayor2013:
One thing for sure is[b] maintenance won't come cheap[/b]. Which of the bmw are you looking. Excellent vehicle dynamics, love the twin turbo charger that comes with it . Fuel consumption is expected to be slightly high. The germans have always built their cars to standard. Hardly would you see factory recalls. Basically for me I would just ssy they worked on all flaws of the Japanese cars. Go for it If you can afford its maintenance

Thanks for the feedback. I don't understand what you mean by that. Are you saying that an average income earner like me can't afford it. I am looking at 2009 model.
Re: Please Advice by mayor2013: 1:18pm On May 02, 2016
realman2015:

Thanks for the feedback. I don't understand what you mean by that. Are you saying that an average income earner like me can't afford it. I am looking at 2009 model.

I never said that an average income earner can't afford it. Buying is one thing maintenance is another which is done over a period of time. If you knkw you can affors it then go for it.
Re: Please Advice by realman2015: 2:52pm On May 02, 2016
mayor2013:

I never said that an average income earner can't afford it. Buying is one thing maintenance is another which is done over a period of time. If you knkw you can affors it then go for it.

Sorry, do you have an idea of what the maintenance cost is monthly?
Re: Please Advice by Chuxxy4me(m): 5:17pm On May 03, 2016
IMHO... The BMW will be costlier to purchase, costlier to maintain if it needs to be repaired and won't sell fast if u decide to sell it when tired when compared to MDX and RX. Though BMW is rugged and doesn't require frequent maintenance.

(1) (Reply)

Brest Branding Company / Photos Of Sports Minister, Solomon Dalong On A Courtesy Visit To Innoson Company / Car Indash " 7-inch Screen DVD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.