Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:35 AM

Understanding The Times - What's At Stake!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Times - What's At Stake!!! (396 Views)

Benny Hinn Holy Spirit Engineered Confession A Sign Of The Times / Should Religion Evolve With The Times? / The Times Are Changing In My Favour – Rev. Patricia Tuaweri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Times - What's At Stake!!! by Tochimich: 6:53am On May 02, 2016
Many so called "Christians" today are very ignorant of the times, that is why they live their lives anyhow, not BELIEVING the word of God(The Bible) which can never leave the mouth of God without coming to pass. The end of all lives and the second coming of Christ has seemed to be a myth but God is seriously concluding the gathering of his children- the times. 2 Peter 3:1-13 says;
[1] This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
[2] That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
[3] Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
[4] And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
[5] For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
[6] Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: [7] But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
[8] But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
[10] But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
[11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
[12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
[13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

From the passage we read, we can see that God is only giving us chance to escape the destruction of the world and torment of HELL, and not that God will no longer come, the Bible told us that His coming will be like the days of Noah in the book of Matthew 24:36-51 and Genesis chapters 6 and 7. Let's read:

Matthew 24:36-51 KJV
[36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man , no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
[37] But as the days of Noe were , so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[38] For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
[39] And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [40] Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[41] Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[42] Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
[43] But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. [44] Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
[45] Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
[46] Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
[47] Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
[48] But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
[49] And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
[50] The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him , and in an hour that he is not aware of,
[51] And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Genesis 6:1-22 KJV
[1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
[2] That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
[3] And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
[4] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
[5] And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. [6] And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
[7] And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
[8] But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord .
[9] These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. [10] And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
[11] The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
[12] And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
[14] Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.
[15] And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of : The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
[16] A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.
[17] And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.
[18] But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
[19] And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
[20] Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
[21] And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
[22] Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Genesis 7:1-24 KJV
[1] And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
[2] Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. [3] Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
[4] For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
[5] And Noah did according unto all that the Lord commanded him. [6] And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
[7] And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
[8] Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
[9] There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah. [10] And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
[11] In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
[12] And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.
[13] In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;
[14] They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
[15] And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
[16] And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
[18] And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
[19] And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. [20] Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
[21] And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
[22] All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land , died.
[23] And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive , and they that were with him in the ark.
[24] And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

The emphasis on the above scriptures is that the Bible said, that the coming of the Lord will be like the days of Noah, the question is, how was it during the days of Noah? There are four things that are remarkable during the days of Noah;
1. The people sinned against God, same as what is happening in this age. Gen 6:5.
2. God gave time (120 years) for people to hear the message from Noah and escape but of course people were less concerned about God, making merry and getting married, doing every other things but Leaving God out just as it is today. Matt 24:38.
3. Salvation of the few believing ones just as it is today. Matt 24:38b, Gen 6:8, Gen 7:7-9.
4. Judgement without mercy and total destruction of the unbelieving ones just as it will happen to the unrepentant one in this age. Gen 7:14b, Gen 7:21-24.

God intentionally shut the door of the Ark Himself so that even Noah cannot help his friends and relatives who will be crying for help when the flood comes, that is God showing no mercy to the unrepentant one.
God allowed the water to be on earth so that every unrepentant creature will die having not heed to his warnings. The same God during the days of Noah is still the same God today. He does not want us to perish like the unrepentant ones that is why He has given us time and opportunity to escape like Noah and his family through His son JESUS Christ by acknowledging, repenting, confessing and giving our lives to Him as our Lord and saviour and become BORN AGAIN which is our assurance of making heaven. The book of John 3:1-18 tells us that except you become born again, you cannot enter the kingdom of God, let's read:

John 3:1-18 KJV
[1] There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: [2] The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
[3] Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
[4] Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
[5] Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
[6] That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
[8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
[9] Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
[10] Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
[11] Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
[12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
[13] And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
[14] And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
[15] That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. [17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. [18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The so called Christians seems less concerned, having many excuses and not knowing that the time is almost up, they want to enjoy it all before considering God, not considering that personal rapture(death) can come at any time which the time owner(God) deemed fit, death itself is quite very insignificant compared to where one spends Eternity because surely there's an Eternity to spend! the most important thing is where one spends his/her Eternity. The Bible made it clear in Hebrews 9:27 KJV which says:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

And also in Mark 8:36 KJV

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

(liken it to a nuclear time bomb already activated! with few seconds to go off, imagine how fast you will run to save your life) Jesus told a parable in the book of Matthew 22 that will open our eyes to the dangers of procrastination and excuses:

Matthew 22:1-14 KJV
[1] And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
[2] The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
[3] And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
[4] Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
[5] But they made light of it , and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
[6] And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them .
[7] But when the king heard thereof , he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
[8] Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
[9] Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
[10] So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
[11] And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
[12] And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
[13] Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
[14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

But the Gospel is coming to you today through this medium to offer you a chance to be saved and be sure, in order to escape from the destruction to the world and the souls of the unrepentant.
why not damn what the world, family and friends will say or think and save your soul now? The next minute may be too late ?

Are you born again?

If the answer is No or you are not sure, then take the following steps as soon as possible according to Christ and other Apostles John 3:3-5, Acts 2:37-38.
REPENTANCE: This is sincerely turning away from sin and confessing them to God.
WATER BAPTISM: This is for remission of sin, justification and deliverance. Christian Water Baptism is by immersion and done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and not In any other way or name. Acts 2:38.See the link for more understanding on water baptism http://branham.org/en/biblestudy/waterbaptism
HOLY GHOST BAPTISM: If you carried out the above steps correctly, you will receive the Holy Ghost which is your assurance of making it to the kingdom of God. Colossians 1:27, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:21-22.

Congrats as you join the family of God. In order to grow and serve God better, read the Bible and try to look for a bible believing church where you can be hearing the word of God which will sanctify you and make you become more like Christ.

For questions and further understanding please call 08135750002 or visit www.brideassemblychurch.org.ng or www.branham.org
God bless you and see you in the rapture.

[/color]

(1) (Reply)

Pope Condemns Paedophilia As Details Of 6 Year Old Girl's Murder & Raped Emerges / "Lyrical Supplications"...An hilarious lyrical phone conversation with God! / Facts You Should Know About Ramadan-leapfame.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.