Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship (12826 Views)

What Chances Of Success Does A 2.2 LLB Holder Has? / How To Increase Your Vocabulary Skills / 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by study4free(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2016
Winning a Scholarship by the time you are a junior or senior in high school, you probably have already started to think about whether or not you can afford to go to college, and, if so, how you will pay for it.

College is a very expensive investment that one can make for their future.

There is good news, though: there are plenty of scholarships available to you!

These scholarships can help tremendously in easing the financial burden that college will place on you and your family; however, that’s only if you are able to win them.

Here are a few tips that will help you improve your chances of Winning a Scholarship

First off, make sure that you start looking and applying for scholarships as early as possible. Many students do not think about the cost of college until they are about to graduate from high school. By then, they have missed out on ample opportunities to win money for college.
Also, don’t stop looking!

There are scholarships for different age groups. For example, some scholarships may be aimed at high school sophomores, while others may be aimed at college sophomores.

This means that you will have the chance to earn scholarship money before and during college. You can even win scholarships that are created for graduate students! Students often think that the time to apply for scholarships is strictly the summer before entering college.

This is false! You can apply for scholarships year-round and throughout your entire college career.

Not only should you apply both early on and throughout your college career, but you should also apply to as many scholarships as you can. There’s no harm in applying to a range of scholarship programs, and it will only increase your chances of Winning a Scholarship.

Colleges will allow you to report outside scholarships that you have won, and there is no limit on how many you can win and report!

Apply to scholarships that genuinely interest you, or that tap into some of your skills. For example, some scholarships ask for a video submission or a creative writing response to a prompt. If you’re good at either of these, the more likely you’ll actually enjoy completing your application, which shines through.

Definitely make sure that you are also paying attention to scholarship deadlines. Some scholarships have multiple periods of time for submission, but more often than not, a scholarship organization will have just one chance to win it a year!

Try prioritizing scholarships based on deadlines and levels of difficulty. I would suggest that you try to knock out the harder, more urgent scholarships first, as you can complete easier ones without much stress.

Lastly, make sure you work on your writing skills!

Most scholarships require at least one essay to be submitted, and many require more than that. Try writing as well as you can when completing your applications, and don’t slack off!

In addition to writing your best, get friends or family members or, even better, teachers to review your essays for you. They may be able to catch certain grammar mistakes or stylistic problems than you may have made, as they’ll come to your essay with an open mind and an eye that can detect certain issues easier than you could.

You should excel in your essay writing, and you can only do this through practice and revision. The better that you are able to write, the more likely it is that you will be considered as a competitive candidate for that scholarship.

Try to keep these tips in mind as you go off and apply for as many scholarships as you can. Remember, while a 4.0 GPA is great, that is often not the main criteria that a student must possess.

Scholarships are for all students of all backgrounds who posses different interests and skills. Don’t be discouraged, because the harder you try, the better your chances! Good luck!

http://study4free.com.ng/increase-chances-winning-scholarship/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by MoreWahala: 4:43pm On May 02, 2016
Good points, only wish more people get this scholarship by merit, not who knows who.

3 Likes

Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by Pranxta(m): 4:43pm On May 02, 2016
ok
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by BetterChurch: 4:44pm On May 02, 2016
Nice.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by Chalatanace(m): 4:44pm On May 02, 2016
Okay grin
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by Odunsco01(m): 4:44pm On May 02, 2016
Thanks
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by harjayi(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2016
Thanks
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by Lasveg(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2016
L
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:45pm On May 02, 2016
Hmmm....

Scholarship is not easy to get

To me, i think scholarship is luck in sme situation (70%) and hardwork (25%)

5% is ur attitude.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by ikbnice(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2016
work hard, study hard, pray hard. Scholarship is 'very hard' to get. Rely on your financial capacity. The time spent running after scholarship can be judiciously used to fetch yourself something.
No harm in trying though, but it shoudn't be your priority.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by Abatsam111(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2016
Thanks
For
The
Info
.Check My signature...
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by laprince(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2016
American standard.

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by ganiyu26(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2016
Noted
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by makaveli902: 4:54pm On May 02, 2016
I think the OP is talking about international scholarship cos the ones offered here in Nigeria is all about having good CGPA, and being exceptionally bright...

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by EmperorMGI: 4:55pm On May 02, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by EmperorMGI: 4:56pm On May 02, 2016
Noted
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by DickTator1: 4:56pm On May 02, 2016
Na God hand e dey.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by SmithHumble50: 5:00pm On May 02, 2016
ok
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by pendusky(m): 5:08pm On May 02, 2016
watching
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by GboyegaD(m): 5:11pm On May 02, 2016
This doesn't work in the Nigerian case and I suggest you cite the original source of the write up.

For instance, high schools don't use the GPA system, scholarship opportunities are minimal and they are mainly from oil and gas except a few. Nonetheless, I love the idea of people scouting early and working on all that is needed to make their applicantions stand out.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by lekanafo: 5:14pm On May 02, 2016
The writer seems to be talking about foreign scholarship, how many times have you seen ,scholarship granted for junior student in Nigeria.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by WildABO: 5:22pm On May 02, 2016
Skorlar-sheep? Abeg for Which abattoir I go slaughter am?
I fit use the meat do kilishi?
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by joey150(m): 5:40pm On May 02, 2016
Connect is the way! grin grin
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by zoneros(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2016
A man received a message from his neighbor: Sorry sir, I am using your wife… day and night.. when you are not present at home… In fact, much more than you do. I confess this now because I am feeling very guilty. Hope you will accept my sincere apologies. The man shot his wife.. A few minutes later he received another message: Sorry sir, a spelling mistake.. I meant wifi...

Hit likes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by MamaCass: 7:50pm On May 02, 2016
Op, this thing wey u write here nor dey happen for naija eeee. Carry your yarn go yonder abeg.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by olamds(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2016
Our government should encourage scholarships....
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by pafektsworld: 7:56pm On May 10, 2016
Thanks loads man!
This helps a lot.
Re: How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning A Scholarship by Edroom: 8:02pm On May 10, 2016
Good

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Will Tackle Buhari If He Fails To Act Early - UI VC / 7 Things You Must Do On JAMB Exam Day / Do JAMB CBT Centres Open On Weekend For DE Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.