Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Website Critices - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Critices (1216 Views)

New Website Upload Constructive Critices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Critices by smartsoft(m): 10:43am On Nov 17, 2006
hello please can someone critized this one page website it's kind of urgent i'm showing the Owner today http://www.emarintl.com and can someone please send me a Proposal for an Hotel please ?? i met with an Hotel Manager Yesterday concerning website, and i was told to bring a proposal.

I want someone who has done a website for an hotel before to help me out on this. this ma mail ucee85@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Website Critices by my2cents(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2006
This may come a little late, as due to the magic of time difference, I am writing this at 11am GMT, but here it goes:

5th row, after the block that says "magnet white boards - no chalk dust", y is there extra white space? It seems, at least to me, that you should balance out the contents of that row. So either increase the widths of the other boxes proportionally to cover the space, or put something in it. Right now, it is throwing off the grid effect you have on the page.

Also, I would, again just me, not insert that blue stripe in the middle of the page. I don't think it's necessary. Perhaps you could finda way to put it in that white space I mentioned above? wink

Other than that, looks good to me. smiley
Re: Website Critices by Afam(m): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2006
Color combination isn't bad but you have atleast 89kb of information on that single page, not ideal in my opinion.

About the hotel stuff, you need a programmer that will enable any business process that the hotel might come up with unless you and the hotel are only interested in static web pages which are almost useless for such line of businesses where people require timely and current information to make urgent decisions.
Re: Website Critices by my2cents(m): 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2006
Smart, this may not qualify as a web proposal but is worth looking at.

Suuuuuperb!! You might want to hook up with this dude. I don't know him personally, but if websites determined a person, I would have high regards for him wink

http://www.legacyuyo.com/
Re: Website Critices by smartsoft(m): 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2006
@afam thanks wella wella,  i programm myself and i don't think i want to do a static website for them,it's going to be a dynamic website,  but really looking for an hotel proposal real urgent,  i might outsource  though,  i have now till tuesday unfailling

@my2cent i didn't show him the website again, he sent me a text telling me we will meet on tuesday apparently i will finish up the site. he didn't really give me information to put on the web, just collected some little info.

The hotel you show me, who did that huh ? the site is a static website though
Re: Website Critices by my2cents(m): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2006
smart, the guy is right here in this kini forum, under ur nose wink

his username is "nuckecy". you might want to give him a shout cool
Re: Website Critices by smartsoft(m): 5:00pm On Nov 17, 2006
can i have his Yahoo Id if you do huh ?
Re: Website Critices by my2cents(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2006
unfortunately, i don't - I just happened to run into his thread/site, so to speak. Y not put up an announcement? u never know, he may decide to get back to you grin

I am sure you know how fishing is - the small fish tend to swim towards the top and hence are easier to catch while the big fish, having learnt from experience, feed more towards the bottom and hence rarely come up to the surface, though they might with the right bait wink
Re: Website Critices by Afam(m): 11:44am On Nov 18, 2006
@smartsoft,

No two business enitities may have exactly the same needs.

As regards the hotel proposal, until you have a clear picture of the requirements any proposal you send may either help or harm you in terms of the cost implications because you may spend more or less depending on the actual work involved.

My advice, ask the owner or the person in charge to list all they want on the website while advicing them on the features and functionalities that may make sense to them.

I am glad you are programmer so it the task goes beyond basic design which i see a lot of people focus on you can web enable any business process they as you to web enable.

I never ever present a proposal for a job unless I have a very clear understanding of the requirements, expectations and deliverables.

Also putting together a small yet effective contract when you agree on anything will help otherwise you may end up becoming the company's inhouse web manager who will be expected to carry out endless small changes or updates on the site.

Enjoy!
Re: Website Critices by smartsoft(m): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2006
For instance, main looking at Sheraton hotel or Eko M. you would know what and what they will need in terms of Website Functionality, or what do you think Afam ?
Re: Website Critices by Afam(m): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2006
Basically, any hotel that has a web presence should be able to show the public the services it offers while making it possible for people to order/make reservations on the site.

The site my2cents referenced is ok because you get to know a lot about the hotel but again these info may be general.

That said, there must be preferences in terms of functionalities and if the hotel isn't stating them then you should prompt them or ask them, this will protect you because if you do not agree on the scope you may end up being required to develop a yahoo out of a simple proposal for a hotel.

I have not setup a site for a hotel before but should the need arise the hotel will state in clear terms what it wants and being a programmer I can do whatever they want done online based on their requests.

Take care.
Re: Website Critices by smartsoft(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2006
Thanks Afam, Well i submitted a web Proposal today to the hotel well packaged expecting from them soon but i will call them sha !
Re: Website Critices by Afam(m): 3:16pm On Nov 20, 2006
@Smartsoft,

Goodluck man and take care.
Re: Website Critices by smartsoft(m): 7:24pm On Nov 20, 2006
thank you ja re Mr. Afam

(1) (Reply)

Interswitch Enables Card To Card Transfer Feature! / Designing Websites With Joomla / Lean The Secret Of Generating Your Us Visa Card In 10 Minutes Using Your Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.