Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 (35722 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II Arrives Lugard's House, Kaduna 1956 (Throwback Photo) / Obiano Visits The Obi Of Onitsha In A Grand Style - Check Photos / Queen Elizabeth Meet Oba Of Lagos In Style And The Civilian President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Nnysher: 9:14pm On May 02, 2016
1956: Queen Elizabeth II And Prince Philip Meet His Majesty Obi Okosi Of Onitsha

The Queen of England and the Prince Consort meets the Obi of Onitsha, His Majesty Obi Okosi, in Onitsha during the British royals' tour of Nigeria in 1956. With them is the great Zik of Africa, Nnamdi Azikiwe.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by victor2008(m): 9:17pm On May 02, 2016
k
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Destined2win: 9:28pm On May 02, 2016
Interesting
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by asha90: 9:29pm On May 02, 2016
Onitsha no be today it started receiving world leaders..Mongo Park and Landers Brothers were once in this great city! First Christian missionaries in the East led by Equino and Crowther started from this city which later spread to all parts of the Eastern region.

By this picture it is clear now that the Obi of Onitsha is the most important and most powerful stool East of the Niger! The Obi of Onitsha dynasty has been in existence for over 500yrs.

Obi of Onitsha, Ooni of Ife, Emir of Kano and Oba of Benin are truly the first class kings in Nigeria

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Nnysher: 9:40pm On May 02, 2016
Lalasticlala I saw a similar thread on the oba of Benin last week. Do the needful. Let's spread the culture and educate our youths about their storied past.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by CSTR2: 9:44pm On May 02, 2016
Look at them standing as equals. The Queen and the Prince are obviously comfortable and relaxed. Education and sophistication has a way of showing.
not like a certain picture featuring a certain Oba and a certain premier with the Queen looking like she had seen a ghost and a savage, and afraid to even shake hands.
*with all due respect to the Oba *

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Kingslaw(m): 9:51pm On May 02, 2016
CSTR2:
Look at them standing as equals. The Queen and the Prince are obviously comfortable and relaxed. Education and sophistication has a way of showing.
not like a certain picture featuring a certain Oba and a certain premier with the Queen looking like she had seen a ghost and a savage, and afraid to even shake hands.
please stop! it does not add to our economy!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by CSTR2: 10:01pm On May 02, 2016
Kingslaw:
please stop! it does not add to our economy!
I am not your president.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:10pm On May 02, 2016
Abeg gve My Granddad nephew - Zik chair, he don tire abeg!!

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Pheals(f): 11:54pm On May 02, 2016
CSTR2:
I was once a biased b4 ...dude then I notice it's for fool then I give up. Tribalism ...so are u telling me there is a tribe more educated than the Yorubas in Nigeria... Wu is the illiterate premier ! Great AWo ! We embraced it 1st go back to history ( all na tribalism) insult me and thunder strike u undecided

15 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Viktor1983(m): 12:00am On May 03, 2016
It's all good...
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by wowmenow: 12:17am On May 03, 2016
Is this same queen and king from England that amalgamate us with this Fulani that are killing us today

2 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by swaggzo(m): 4:58am On May 03, 2016
.....BACK THEN WHEN THIS COUNTRY MADE SENSE.

1 Like

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by FloraMbachu(f): 5:31am On May 03, 2016
CSTR2:

This jobless kid is part of the problem we have in the SE, all his own life is tribalism and how to denigrate other tribe, can you imagine this nonsense. He is always on any thread to spew his tribal hate, what a shameless person.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Pstlyecouture: 5:38am On May 03, 2016
IGBO I SALUTE!

Unlike on this thread www.nairaland.com/3075132/queen-elizabeth-meeting-oba-benin where one oba in a masquerade like regalia is bowing...oh God..to the pikin queen while awolowo watches,what a disgrace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Scholes007(m): 6:12am On May 03, 2016
CSTR2:
bros chill do not drag this beautiful thread to the mud of bigotry.
Obi of onitsha is one of the the royal throne I respect the most in Igboland. And urge Us all especially the omambala not to boast beyond what is called for. But no one should turn a blind eye when any troll discredit our great leaders and culture.

6 Likes

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by CSTR2: 6:21am On May 03, 2016
Pheals:
I was once a biased b4 ...dude then I notice it's for fool then I give up. Tribalism ...so are u telling me there is a tribe more educated than the Yorubas in Nigeria... Wu is the illiterate premier ! Great AWo ! We embraced it 1st go back to history ( all na tribalism) insult me and thunder strike u undecided
YOU lots are illiterate. The civil war was the only reason why the igbos had to take a back bench to the Yoruba in education.
Ask yourself why the heads of all the educational institutions in the south were mostly igbos before the civil war.
Look at this country today, and tell me if Yorubas are still the most educated. Imo state alone probably has more professors and PHD holders that three Yoruba States put together, atleast according to the NUC.
btw, you are not only a tribalist, you are an ethnic supremacist.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by CSTR2: 6:26am On May 03, 2016
FloraMbachu:

This jobless kid is part of the problem we have in the SE, all his own life is tribalism and how to denigrate other tribe, can you imagine this nonsense. He is always on any thread to spew his tribal hate, what a shameless person.
You shameless fraud.
It is obvious your greatest regret In life is not being Igbo.
It isn't too late though. Your children can still be Igbo.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by CSTR2: 6:29am On May 03, 2016
Scholes007:
bros chill do not drag this beautiful thread to the mud of bigotry.
Obi of onitsha is one of the the royal throne I respect the most in Igboland. And urge Us all especially the omambala not to boast beyond what is called for. But no one should turn a blind eye when any troll discredit our great leaders and culture.
it is all fun, BRO. Just like messing with these guys.
They obviously can't take it as much as they dish out

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by FloraMbachu(f): 6:49am On May 03, 2016
CSTR2:
You shameless fraud.
It is obvious your greatest regret In life is not being Igbo.
It isn't too late though. Your children can still be Igbo.

I am more Ibo than you and your parents, Crying and ranting shows you are a weak charlatan, a jobless kid whose only happiness in life is doing tribal wars. You have no shame, i just hope you wont kill yourself when you have no one to hate anymore.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by ril19(m): 6:50am On May 03, 2016
Buh why are the Obis always so tall ? even HRM Obi Alfred Achebe of Onitsha is tall too(fine man) grin.

It's a good thing though coz height is beauty.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by FloraMbachu(f): 6:53am On May 03, 2016
Ooni:
my yoruba sister, you are the reason why people call us cowards. Why cant you identify yourself as one of us that you are?
You are disgracing us thinking you are making us proud.

A grown man from Abia state claiming yoruba, you dont even have any shame. You are the reason yoruba people insult us cos people like you are outcast in Alaigbo. I am even more Ibo than you. You are a laughing stock here so exchanging words with you is a dent on me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Naija9090: 6:54am On May 03, 2016
Igbo monarchs are known to be extremely educated. I visited a small village yrs ago and heard the Igwe speak, I asked my friend: this man can't be Nigerian educated, sure enough I found out he was a former professor of medicine at Cambridge. What baffles me is they will abandon their career to take up the throne...means so much to them! When you hear most of them speak; their command of English Language will send chills down your spine...try hearing Nnamdi Kanu's father speak!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Taeewo(m): 6:55am On May 03, 2016
Lovely
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by FloraMbachu(f): 6:58am On May 03, 2016
CSTR2:
get out of my mention, you fraud.
What is the meaning of MBACHU, you shameless fraud.?
And which part of Igbo land is your father from?

You keep crying since yesterday cos i refused to insult other tribes. Why is your life so messed up that you cry everyday online, is that why you still live with your aged parent at your age. I am bold with my pics on my dp, why not put your ugly malnourished self on profile if you are truly Ibo. You are a disgrace to our lovely tribe. Ndi ara

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Ooni: 7:55am On May 03, 2016
FloraMbachu:

A grown man from Abia state claiming yoruba, you dont even have any shame. You are the reason yoruba people insult us cos people like you are outcast in Alaigbo. I am even more Ibo than you. You are a laughing stock here so exchanging words with you is a dent on me.
this is the tragedy of oodua nation. Every one of us wants to be ibo, including proud prostitutes (check her signature).

They even fight their brothers to be ibo.

Did we do anything to you?

Why are you rejecting your motherland oodua?

Is there anything we do here in west that you dont like?

Did tiger-claw tribal mark our culture inflicted on you made you look like a witch? Pls forgive us

stop feeling inferior ibos will laugh at us. Stop calling me ibo cos it'll make ibos feel important

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by MadCow1: 9:26am On May 03, 2016
Obi of Obosi = REAL NIGGA..

He does not bow to no Biitch..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3669886_queenwithazikiwelindaikejiblog_jpeg1e4e3f4b749b0a621d2e5822845e8e0c

Meanwhile, Somewhere in Bini..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3654397_1309592610153614879286636381092389005614042n_jpege048ee0b011184774e7e7ec7214c79fc

Meanwhile:: Why is Awolowo always hanging around in these photos?

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Freezes Sahara Reporters Account. Committee To Protect Journalists(CPJ) Fumes / Buhari Cabal Eyeing Interim Government – El-Rufai / Militants Kill 44 In A Mosque In Borno.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.