Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios (1375 Views)

Help! The Laptop Won't Boot.. / Help!! Computer Gurus,my Laptop Won't Boot! / Crazy Laptop Won't Stop Draining My Data (help!!!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 02, 2016
Good evening, gurus of the house. How was your day?
I seriously need your assistance. The laptop I'm using developed a serious fault. In a bid to correct it, I entered the BIOS menu and changed something that had to do with UIFE (forgive me if I don't spell it well). It has refused to boot out of BIOS. what it does is to load with this info on the screen: F2 for setup, F4 for recovery. Pressing either of these keys doesn't respond at all. The system stays on for some seconds, goes off and returns back to the same screen. Please if you have any idea, kindly help me. I use a Samsung 300E5E laptop. thanks.
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nsonaso(m): 2:41am On May 03, 2016
DavidGodwin:
I seriously need your assistance. The laptop I'm using developed a serious fault. In a bid to correct it, I entered the BIOS menu and changed something that had to do with UIFE (forgive me if I don't spell it well). It has refused to boot out of BIOS. what it does is to load with this info on the screen: F2 for setup, F4 for recovery. Pressing either of these keys doesn't respond at all. The system stays on for some seconds, goes off and returns back to the same screen. Please if you have any idea, kindly help me. I use a Samsung 300E5E laptop. thanks.
Use your phone, capture the screen and paste it here.
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by horllamy(m): 6:49am On May 03, 2016
DavidGodwin:

anyway just press F9 to reset ur bios settting to default and press F10 to save and exit d setting den press enter it will restart.
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 10:37am On May 03, 2016
horllamy:

anyway just press F9 to reset ur bios settting to default and press F10 to save and exit d setting den press enter it will restart.
I've done that but the keys are inactive
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 10:38am On May 03, 2016
Nsonaso:
Use your phone, capture the screen and paste it here.
OK. I'll do that later
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by horllamy(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2016
DavidGodwin:

I've done that but the keys are inactive

if u are within lagos u can come down to computer village for better solution....... I can help u out by den
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 11:19am On May 03, 2016
horllamy:

if u are within lagos u can come down to computer village for better solution....... I can help u out by den
I'm in Makurdi, Benue State
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by horllamy(m): 11:25am On May 03, 2016
DavidGodwin:
I'm in Makurdi, Benue State
is there any nearby engineer there
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 11:37am On May 03, 2016
horllamy:
is there any nearby engineer there
I'm somewhat afraid of them. But I'll try and take it there if I can't find a solution here.
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by horllamy(m): 11:38am On May 03, 2016
DavidGodwin:

I'm somewhat afraid of them. But I'll try and take it there if I can't find a solution here.
ok
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Donald3d(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2016
i Think your HDD is bad, but you have not given us enough detail to fully diagnose what the issue is
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by djoip(m): 4:09pm On May 04, 2016
u can try to format d hard drive and install a new os
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by djoip(m): 4:18pm On May 04, 2016
if dat fails u can come to 7,david mark bye-pass, Aii Iyenge plaza beside empire suite high level makurdi or call dis number 08030734436
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 06, 2016
Donald3d:
i Think your HDD is bad, but you have not given us enough detail to fully diagnose what the issue is
No, sir. my HDD is working fine. I borrowed another laptop and transfered my HDD there. In fact am tying from the borrowed laptop.
You know when you boot a system, it starts from the BIOS before going to the windows (don't mind me... lol. i discovered this when the laptop spoilt). The problem is with the BIOS.
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 06, 2016
djoip:
if dat fails u can come to 7,david mark bye-pass, Aii Iyenge plaza beside empire suite high level makurdi or call dis number 08030734436
Its not the hard drive. IT's the BIOS. It can't go beyond the BIOS to load windows. I took it to Togo Supermarket. If you can fix such issues, please let me know, so I can collect and bring it for you
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by djoip(m): 11:51am On May 07, 2016
I believe u took it to a computer technician. so he should be able to diagnose and tell u d problem. If he is unable bring it to me by wednesday.
Re: Help, Please. My Laptop Won't Boot Out Of Bios by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 07, 2016
djoip:
I believe u took it to a computer technician. so he should be able to diagnose and tell u d problem. If he is unable bring it to me by wednesday.
Alright, boss. Thanks. I'll give you a call

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Printer / How Can I Retrieve My Files From A Crashed Hard Drive. / See The Hp Envy 17t Laptop With 16GB RAM And 1 TB Storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.