Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over (603 Views)

NCC Implements Data Roll-over Policy, Mtn Complies / Qos: Telcos Urged To Follow Basic Pre-deployment Rules / Nigeria Astronaut Will Land In Space Before 2030 - Minister Of Science & Tech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over by obo389(m): 5:35am On May 03, 2016
The National Association of Telecommunications Subscribers (NATCOMS) has called on the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to enforce the directive on data roll-over given by the Minister of Communications Adebayo Shittu.
Shittu had recently ordered the telecommunications
companies, the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and all other companies offering ict products and services to be rolling over their subscribers’ unused data / internet services post expiration.
But NATCOMS’ President Chief Adeolu Ogunbanjo told Daily
Trust yesterday that the service providers have yet to start
implementing the minister’s directive.
He said the NCC should ensure compliance by all telcos, ISP’s and other ICT companies in order to stop the rip off and put smile on the faces of subscribers.

He said: “We commend the consumer-centric move by the
Minister of Communications, but the operators are yet to
comply with the directive. We, consumers, are still being
ripped off of our data. Why should the operators force me to exhaust in a particular period what I used my money to buy?

If they insist on doing this, I think we should enjoy the right
of roll-over; that is if my data still remains in a particular
period. So the minister should call on NCC to as a matter of
urgency enforce his directive.”

Source : http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/it-world/ncc-urged-to-enforce-minister-s-directive-on-data-roll-over/144871.html

Re: NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over by AngryNigerian(m): 5:55am On May 03, 2016
They won't do that...because, like other regulatory agencies, they are being heavily bribed to do nothing!
Re: NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over by jmichlins(m): 6:22am On May 03, 2016
We are yet to get stable data speed in my areas from MTN and you guys are talking about rollover. When the speed becomes good i will have no need for rollover cause i must finish every data i purchase. Quality services should be the priority

1 Like

Re: NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over by Nobody: 6:36am On May 03, 2016
jmichlins:
We are yet to get stable data speed in my areas from MTN and you guys are talking about rollover. When the speed becomes good i will have no need for rollover cause i must finish every data i purchase. Quality services should be the priority

Do you know that Glo won't even give u more than 300kb per second for downloading? at least i have seem 1.2mb per second with mtn. I'm telling you Glo is the worst, they only use cheap data to deceive people.
Re: NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over by jmichlins(m): 6:40am On May 03, 2016
ibotjaycob:

Do you know that Glo won't even give u more than 300kb per second for downloading? at least i have seem 1.2mb per second with mtn. I'm telling you Glo is the worst, they only use cheap data to deceive people.
location things mate. MTN can never give you 100kb from my place but glo is very stable with close to 1mb, etisalat 1.5 and airtel 1.8-2mb
Re: NCC Urged To Enforce Minister's Directive On Data Roll-Over by Taeewo(m): 6:42am On May 03, 2016
Better

(1) (Reply)

Business Voip & Wholesale Voip Termination Provider / Science View, Fine Turning Of The Universe / Nike's Self-lacing Sneakers Finally Go On Sale November 28th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.