Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! (34858 Views)

One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Rilwayne001: 4:32pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

babes, bootyful bountiful blessing are following your behind kiss grin grin grin

that's not her.. undecided

She is a guy in case you don't know grin grin I guess you are new to this forum... Hehe
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 4:35pm On May 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Yea, I feel that way too, but still, will that leader even get there? That is the question, given that we now live in a country where if you're not christian, or moslem, you can never attain a particular stage in the affairs of statesmanship.

Hmm, I wouln't know about the above, but what I do know is that our institutions built to fight these sort of things have been so very ineffective to the point it has been taken over by tribalism and religious sentiment.

You gotta have faith!

We can get there but it will take nothing short of a revolution. Yes, a revolution but not a voilent one. It will take a lot of hardwork and sweat

If we humanists, activists, skeptics etc start an organisation and then grow it into a political party.........................

Oyedepo started one day and now, he has over 3 million followers as members of his church. I believe humanists can do better

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 4:36pm On May 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

She is a guy in case you don't know grin grin I guess you are new to this forum... Hehe

How do you know that she is a guy? Transgender?

How do you know
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 4:37pm On May 03, 2016
joseph1832:
I'm not in support f criminalizing gay, heck, there are so many things I'm not in support of, but you don't see me coming on social media and shouting and shoving my opinions down peoples throat.

I see. That is a fair position then...
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by joseph1832(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Yes, you are right! An ability to time travel would be a god-like power.

As for going to the past and killing my grandfather, the logic is not so simple- that is why it is a logical paradox.

Think about three other logical possibilities.

1) What if I travel to a time before my grandfather was born? I would still exist, right? What is now the difference between killing my father and going back to a time before he was born since he wouldn't exist in both scenarios
You would still exist because your grandfather's progenitor is still very much alive. Killing your grand father only mean everyone from your grand father's lineage will be eradicated.

2) What if there are multiple future timelines as a result of killing my grandfather? What if I then create two futures? One future where I exist and another future where I don't exist because my grandfather is dead? Parallel universes[
/quote]Well parallel universes is still as impossible as Time Travel. As long as your grandfather still exist in a particular time line, it mean you have the possibility of existing.

[quote]3) What if I kill my grandfather for fun and then, my brother goes back in time just at the moment I was about to kill my grandfather then, he stops me from doing the murder?

Time travel logic is crazy! Only true philosophers can handle it.
Its still the same, as long as your grandfather still exists, you have every possibility of existing, however, never fail to note that by coming in contact with your grandfather, you may have just changed time because he will know what to do in getting your grandmother, that in turn may distort the time space continuum.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by swaggzo(m): 4:41pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

I feel you. Personally, I don't believe in invading into people's private relationship. What matters is consent. If two consenting adults agree to have a relationship, wetin concern me?

14 years jail sentence is rubbish.

YOU'RE A REAL ONE !

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Rilwayne001: 4:44pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

How do you know that she is a guy? Transgender?

How do you know

transgender? No. I don't mean it that way. I mean, a guy is behind that account and not a female. He is an imposter tongue

Don't be fooled by that fake dp.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 4:45pm On May 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

transgender? No. I don't mean it that way. I mean, a guy is behind that account and not a female. He is an imposter tongue

That booty is deceiving grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Rilwayne001: 4:50pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

That booty is deceiving grin grin grin
deceiving only mumu Nairalanders grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by joseph1832(m): 4:51pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

You gotta have faith!

We can get there but it will take nothing short of a revolution. Yes, a revolution but not a voilent one. It will take a lot of hardwork and sweat

If we humanists, activists, skeptics etc start an organisation and then grow it into a political party.........................

Oyedepo started one day and now, he has over 3 million followers as members of his church. I believe humanists can do better
You should know: faith is always the believe in something, without the proof of data or evidence to back it up. I'm one who deal with facts, proof and evidence, thus, so far, from what I've seen in this country, that aint possible.

Oyedepo was and still is a money grumbler! His intent was never to make lives better but to become a religious bourgeois comprador, which he achieved by using religion.

I tell you, most humanist who wear the garb of humanist in Nigeria, do so, with the aim of making money out of it, it is mostly for their own gain, not for the gain of others.

Tell me, why do you think Nigeria is now a money loving/worshipping society?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 4:52pm On May 03, 2016
joseph1832:
You would still exist because your grandfather's progenitor is still very much alive. Killing your grand father only mean everyone from your grand father's lineage will be eradicated.

Interesting. But have you asked yourself how it would work? If I killed my grandfather, would I and my brothers just disappear? poof!
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by joseph1832(m): 4:55pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Interesting. But have you asked yourself how it would work? If I killed my grandfather, would I and my brothers just disappear? poof!
Yep, that's the way to it, but I believe fading will be the more appropriate word to use, not disappear.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 4:57pm On May 03, 2016
joseph1832:
You should know: faith is always the believe in something, without the proof of data or evidence to back in up. I'm one who deal with facts, proof and evidence, thus, so far, from what I've seen in this country, that aint possible.

Oyedepo was and still is a money grumbler! His intent was never to make lives better but to become a religious bourgeois comprador, which he achieve by using religion.

I tell you, most humanist who wear the garb if humanist in Nigeria do so, with the aim of making money out of it, it is mostly for their own gain, not for the gain of others.

Tell me, why do you think Nigeria is now a money loving/worshipping society?

I'm talking about secular humanists and not fake azz humanitarians.

Also, you are right. The truth is that he who has not chopped will not help others to chop.

This is why we would have to gather STABLE men who are not in it for the money in such an organization.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by joseph1832(m): 4:59pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

I'm talking about secular humanists and not fake azz humanitarians.

Also, you are right. The truth is that he who has not chopped will not help others to chop.

This is why we would have to gather STABLE men who are not in it for the money in such an organization.
You know of any such men?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Born2Freak(f): 4:59pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

babes, bootyful bountiful blessing are following your behind kiss grin grin grin

wink
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Born2Freak(f): 5:01pm On May 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Please, I don't know you and you clearly don't know me. Nairalanders can just claim anything. Have you seen me? A guy indeed.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Rilwayne001: 5:03pm On May 03, 2016
Born2Freak:

Please, I don't know you and you clearly don't know me. Nairalanders can just claim anything. Have you seen me? A guy indeed.

I don expose you already grin grin grin tongue
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Born2Freak(f): 5:04pm On May 03, 2016
Rilwayne001:

I just checked your account. You are a muslim with the intention to derail this thread will lies. Religious people ehh. Fake dp indeed. Let us see your own pic.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 5:06pm On May 03, 2016
joseph1832:
You know of any such men?

I know myself. And probably another guy.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Rilwayne001: 5:07pm On May 03, 2016
Born2Freak:

I just checked your account. You are a muslim with the intention to derail this thread will lies. Religious people ehh. Fake dp indeed. Let us see your own pic.

I never claimed to be a female as you've done. tongue Most people on this board know me.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 5:08pm On May 03, 2016
@ Rilwayne001, take your beef to another thread. Please.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Rilwayne001: 5:09pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:
@ Rilwayne001, take your beef to another thread. Please.

I was a actually expecting my own question wink
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by joseph1832(m): 5:11pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

I know myself. And probably another guy.
Now how sure are we that you've not bEen corrupted by the system?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by freecocoa(f): 5:16pm On May 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh yea? So you tell me what you advocate for? Lemme know your stand now.

Please enlighten me.
Don't oh yea me, if you are going to be all judgy, angry.

I advocate for humanity.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 5:18pm On May 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Now how sure are we that you've not bEen corrupted by the system?

The thing is that I'm saving money and making connections for such a project. Change can not happen without money and power.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 5:19pm On May 03, 2016
freecocoa:

I advocate for humanity.

Are you a secular humanist?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by freecocoa(f): 5:33pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

Are you a secular humanist?
Yes sir.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 5:35pm On May 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Yes sir.

That is great. I am one too.

What are you doing to change Nigeria?

I'm planning to start a humanist organisation by 2017. Saving money actually
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by freecocoa(f): 5:47pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

That is great. I am one too.

What are you doing to change Nigeria?

I'm planning to start a humanist organisation by 2017. Saving money actually
That's nice.

I am actually already doing something by being a law abiding citizen and setting good examples where ever I find myself.grin

I also intend to set up an NGO on public health.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Logicbwoy: 5:50pm On May 03, 2016
freecocoa:
That's nice.

I am actually already doing something by being a law abiding citizen and setting good examples where ever I find myself.grin

I also intend to set up an NGO on public health.

NGO on public health? That is great. It does sound like a lot of work but then, nothing good comes easy.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by joseph1832(m): 6:02pm On May 03, 2016
freecocoa:

I advocate for humanity.
I'm 'oh yeaing' u, I'm not being judgy, neither am I being cagey. I just want to know what your stand is, simple.

Noted.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by joseph1832(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2016
Logicbwoy:

The thing is that I'm saving money and making connections for such a project. Change can not happen without money and power.

You got that right. I'm into something of the same, so far, its being fruitful. Its still small though...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "How My Church Member Resurrected Dead Man". Daddy Freeze Reacts / 6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / Christ Embassy Demands Unpaid Tithes As A Condition For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.