Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! (34747 Views)

One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by analice107: 1:18am On May 12, 2016
SirWere:

"I despised you??"
"I feel condemned??"

Mehn, what someone will not see on NL grin

SirWere :
I'm sorry, did you not read the name on the thread "Secular Philosophy" If you're here to do your usual condemnation by all means, go ahead and exit this thread.
Capisce

This here is what you said to me.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 7:46am On May 12, 2016
analice107:

SirWere :
I'm sorry, did you not read the name on the thread "Secular Philosophy" If you're here to do your usual condemnation by all means, go ahead and exit this thread.
Capisce

This here is what you said to me.

*Facepalm*

Fine; whatever you think
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by analice107: 7:53am On May 12, 2016
[quote author=SirWere post=45541908]
*Facepalm*
Fine; whatever you think[/quote lol
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 7:33pm On May 12, 2016
SirWere:

*Facepalm*

Fine; whatever you think

Bros, don't bother yourself with fundamentalists. They will only wear you down with their folly. wink
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nkematics(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2016
analice107:

Am surprised you cant see its a ploy to malign the Faith. Shouldn't you be smart enough to ask yourself, what happened to the 90% left?
why should his brother's school fees come from the 10% which is not his own? Tithe doesn't belong to you. You cant steal what belongs to you, and God says if you don't PAY it, you are a thief.
Open your eyes and see the trick of satan. No christian who knows the Principle of Tithing will raise this matter here.
Plissss. i have said enough. I didn't want to come into this in the first place. I thought you made sense thats why i hailed you, but you turned on me.

You guys should try to be reasonable. Let us assume that the brother's schools fees is N10,000 and he earned N10,500 from his work. It is obvious that if he pays his tithe of N1050, he would be left with only N9,950. You can obviously see that the money he is left with will not be sufficient to pay his brother's school fees. Do you think that God is so wicked at to ask us to pay him tithe when the needs of people around you can no longer be met? Let us be rational for once. Read my article below which would clearly tell you that tithe payment is no longer required of us.

CHRISTIANS ARE NOT UNDER ANY LAW TO PAY TITHE IN CHURCH!!! (By Chukwu, Celestine Nkemakolam)

I am very sure that quite a good number of people are going to call me names for daring to write on this topic; and some may never attempt to read this article till the last word before commenting that I am a biblical “robber”. As caustic as your comments may be, be assured that I have already forgiven you in advance. However, I crave your indulgence to read till the very last word and then decide if my reasons, especially the biblical passages around which my argument revolves, are wrong.

There have been lots of argument and articles concerning this topic. Tithe payment in churches today has become so necessary and even mandatory that anybody who dares refuse to pay it would either be excommunicated, suspended or tagged an anti-Christ who must not be allowed within the gathering of Christians (I write with experience). Some popular preachers whose articles I have read concerning tithe payment did go as far as stating that anybody who does not pay tithe cannot make heaven. I know quite well that tithe is the major source of revenue in some churches, and it is the primary means of supplying the needs of the Pastors. I also know that many of us have testimonies of financial breakthrough as a result of paying tithe, and the source of such testimonies is actually God and not the devil. However, in the midst of these testimonies, I still maintain, with biblical proof, that Christians are not under obligation to pay tithe. Moreover, tithe payment is not the only source of experiencing financial breakthrough; for, there are principles, according to God’s Will in the bible, which are laid down for this purpose.

It is clearly stated in Hebrews 7:5 that tithe is one of the laws of Moses, for Levites were “commanded by God to receive tithe from people according to the law”. A familiar verse often quoted by proponents of tithe payment is Malachi 3:9-10 where curse is pronounced on those who do not pay tithe; and blessings are showered on those who do. Moreover, Matthew 5:17-20 is also quoted where Jesus said that He had not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. This later verse is, therefore, used as a basis that the Old Testament laws (Laws of Moses), which included tithe payment, is still applicable to us Christians since Jesus said he has not come to abolish the law. These verses, as you would come to see later in this article, are misquoted and misunderstood.

First, the verses in Malachi and Matthew came before the death of Jesus Christ. Jesus rightly quoted that He came to fulfill the law, and indeed He accomplished that through His death when He said “it is finished”. After His death, Christians were no longer under the law. That is why Hebrews 7:12 & 19 tells us that the former commandment and law to pay tithe (which was previously mentioned in Hebrew 7:5) has been annulled (cancelled). Moreover, Romans 7:6 says we have been delivered from the law; Ephesians 2:15 says that by His death He ended the whole system of Jewish laws that excluded Gentiles; Romans 10:4 says that Christ is the end of the law; Romans 7:4 says we died to the law through the body of Christ. Colossians 2:14-17 says all the ordinances were nailed to the cross. Galatians 3:10-13 crowns it by telling us that we have been delivered from the curse of the law( remember that tithe payment, as one of the laws, also came with a curse for those who refuse to pay it as stated in Malachi 3:9). This is why there is no verse in the bible (after the death of Jesus) where the Apostles told Christians to pay tithe. None of the churches practiced it. Rather, the needs of the church were met through voluntary offerings as depicted in 2nd Corinthians 9, Acts 2:44-45, etc. And God attached blessings to these free-will offerings as 2nd Corinthians 9:8-11 tells us. If tithe payment is so important or a part of the gospel of salvation, as some preachers do say when they declare that those who do not pay it will never make heaven, then why did the apostles in the bible decide not to teach Christians to do so when they preached?

I became very afraid of practicing anything in the Old Testament Law when I read from the Bible that living by them would cut me off from the grace, and we all know that no man would make heaven without the grace found in Jesus. Galatians 5:4 tells us that those who live by the law are cut off from the grace of Christ; Galatians 3:11 says no one is justified by the law in the sight of God. Also read Galatians 2:21, Galatians 3:1-5, Galatians 5:3, etc to really understand the grave implications of living by the law, even if it is just one act of the law.

There are other reasons many people have often given to justify tithe payment. One of them is that Abraham and Jacob paid tithe before the law, and if we must inherit the blessings of Abraham, we ought to do what they did: pay tithe. However, we must understand that Abraham paid tithe once. He tithed out of the spoils of war and not from his possessions. Jacob paid tithe as a vow to God if he answers his prayer. The bible never told us that he repeated that. We should remember that Circumcision, like tithing, also came before the law when God told Abraham in Genesis 17:11 to circumcise his household. Yet Galatians 5:1-3 tells us that we should no longer practice circumcision. This clearly tells us that it is fallacious to continue to live by an old doctrine merely because it came before the law.

Moreover, like I mentioned in the first paragraph, many people can give testimonies of financial breakthrough for paying tithe. Such blessings are real and may be from God. However, obtaining positive result is not always an indication that the means it came is according to God’s Will. For instance, Moses was instructed by God in Numbers 20:8 to speak to the rock so that water would be supplied for the grumbling Israelites. Moses, however, STRUCK the rock (Numbers 20:11) as against the instruction to Speak. There was still a positive result of water coming out of the rock, but God punished Moses for disobedience to His exact instruction by preventing him from entering the Promised Land. Matthew 7: 21-23 also tells us that God prevented people who performed miracles, signs and wonders in His name (not the name of Satan) from entering Heaven simply because they did not do His Will. This clearly tells us that God could give people power to perform signs and wonders or obtain positive results when His name is mentioned. Yet He would deny them entrance into Heaven for not doing His Will. Therefore, do not be rooted in the practice of a doctrine merely by the side attractions of signs and wonders.

It is pertinent that we know God’s laid down principle which is the key to financial breakthrough according to His Will. This key is in providing the needs of the less privileged and supporting Missionary works (2nd Corinthians 9:1-14, Matthew 25: 31-46, Matthew 10:41-42, James 1:27, Galatians 6:6-10, Luke 14:12-14, etc.). Do these and watch God manifest in your life. There are orphans in orphanages, beggars on the streets, sick people in hospitals who cannot pay their medical bills, people in prisons who have lost hope, widows, poor people around you, etc, who need our money and other welfare materials as we can provide. Moreover, invest in Missionary works geared towards propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ, and in the life of those who Minister the Word of God to us in our churches. The needs of the church can only be met through our voluntary offering and not through tithing.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION!!!
Let me educate us further. What was the purpose of tithe during the law? A percentage of tithe was given to Levites because of the services they rendered to God, and they were not to own properties. The priests served like mediators between God and men, for they offered our gifts and our sacrifices of sin, cleansing, etc to God. However, the death of Jesus Christ became the ultimate sacrifice. We no longer need mortal priests to offer sacrifices to God on our behalf. We all now have direct access to God just like those priests of the old. That is why in 1Peter 2:9, we are called royal Priests, and the veil separating us from God was torn when Jesus died. Since there is no more need for sacrifices, the office of those priests was eliminated and therefore, the requirement to pay tithe which was used to feed these men was also eliminated. Hebrews 7, 8, 9 should explain all these to us.

Now, let us assume that tithing is still necessary, CAN ANYONE TELL US WHERE MONEY IS MENTIONED AS A "TITHABLE" ITEM IN THE BIBLE? Deu 14:22 and Leviticus 27:30 clearly tells us that only the fruits of the land or agricultural products were accepted as tithes. Most of modern day preachers deceive us by saying that in the old testament days, people were not earning money and that was why God did not include money as something to tithe. No way! You would be wrong if you think so. When you read 2 Chronicles 24:11-14, 2 Kings 12:11, 2 Kings 22:4-6 and Ezra 3:7, you would see that there were Carpenters, Stone cutters, Masons, etc who were paid for their services in money. We should also accept that there were fisher men then and other forms of trade. So can someone answer this question: WHY DID GOD NOT TELL THOSE PEOPLE TO TITHE THE MONEY THEY EARNED?

My brethren, let us be careful to preach the gospel of salvation to all mankind as something obtainable in grace and not through the works of the law. Let us not put men in bondage by forcing them to live by the law just because we are more interested in enriching ourselves through their tithe. Apostle Paul was a tent maker (Acts 18: 3) even as he was preaching, because he did not want to put burden on believers to supply his needs ( 1 Thes 2:9). Anybody that says he is an Apostle, Pastor, etc should be wise to emulate their early church predecessors: Apostle Paul, etc.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by analice107: 1:15pm On May 14, 2016
Nkematics:

You guys should try to be reasonable. Let us assume that the brother's schools fees is N10,000 and he earned N10,500 from his work. It is obvious that if he pays his tithe of N1050, he would be left with only N9,950. You can obviously see that the money he is left with will not be sufficient to pay his brother's school fees. Do you think that God is so wicked at to ask us to pay him tithe when the needs of people around you can no longer be met? Let us be rational for once. Read my article below which would clearly tell you that tithe payment is no longer required of us.

CHRISTIANS ARE NOT UNDER ANY LAW TO PAY TITHE IN CHURCH!!! (By Chukwu, Celestine Nkemakolam)

I am very sure that quite a good number of people are going to call me names for daring to write on this topic; and some may never attempt to read this article till the last word before commenting that I am a biblical “robber”. As caustic as your comments may be, be assured that I have already forgiven you in advance. However, I crave your indulgence to read till the very last word and then decide if my reasons, especially the biblical passages around which my argument revolves, are wrong.

There have been lots of argument and articles concerning this topic. Tithe payment in churches today has become so necessary and even mandatory that anybody who dares refuse to pay it would either be excommunicated, suspended or tagged an anti-Christ who must not be allowed within the gathering of Christians (I write with experience). Some popular preachers whose articles I have read concerning tithe payment did go as far as stating that anybody who does not pay tithe cannot make heaven. I know quite well that tithe is the major source of revenue in some churches, and it is the primary means of supplying the needs of the Pastors. I also know that many of us have testimonies of financial breakthrough as a result of paying tithe, and the source of such testimonies is actually God and not the devil. However, in the midst of these testimonies, I still maintain, with biblical proof, that Christians are not under obligation to pay tithe. Moreover, tithe payment is not the only source of experiencing financial breakthrough; for, there are principles, according to God’s Will in the bible, which are laid down for this purpose.

It is clearly stated in Hebrews 7:5 that tithe is one of the laws of Moses, for Levites were “commanded by God to receive tithe from people according to the law”. A familiar verse often quoted by proponents of tithe payment is Malachi 3:9-10 where curse is pronounced on those who do not pay tithe; and blessings are showered on those who do. Moreover, Matthew 5:17-20 is also quoted where Jesus said that He had not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. This later verse is, therefore, used as a basis that the Old Testament laws (Laws of Moses), which included tithe payment, is still applicable to us Christians since Jesus said he has not come to abolish the law. These verses, as you would come to see later in this article, are misquoted and misunderstood.

First, the verses in Malachi and Matthew came before the death of Jesus Christ. Jesus rightly quoted that He came to fulfill the law, and indeed He accomplished that through His death when He said “it is finished”. After His death, Christians were no longer under the law. That is why Hebrews 7:12 & 19 tells us that the former commandment and law to pay tithe (which was previously mentioned in Hebrew 7:5) has been annulled (cancelled). Moreover, Romans 7:6 says we have been delivered from the law; Ephesians 2:15 says that by His death He ended the whole system of Jewish laws that excluded Gentiles; Romans 10:4 says that Christ is the end of the law; Romans 7:4 says we died to the law through the body of Christ. Colossians 2:14-17 says all the ordinances were nailed to the cross. Galatians 3:10-13 crowns it by telling us that we have been delivered from the curse of the law( remember that tithe payment, as one of the laws, also came with a curse for those who refuse to pay it as stated in Malachi 3:9). This is why there is no verse in the bible (after the death of Jesus) where the Apostles told Christians to pay tithe. None of the churches practiced it. Rather, the needs of the church were met through voluntary offerings as depicted in 2nd Corinthians 9, Acts 2:44-45, etc. And God attached blessings to these free-will offerings as 2nd Corinthians 9:8-11 tells us. If tithe payment is so important or a part of the gospel of salvation, as some preachers do say when they declare that those who do not pay it will never make heaven, then why did the apostles in the bible decide not to teach Christians to do so when they preached?

I became very afraid of practicing anything in the Old Testament Law when I read from the Bible that living by them would cut me off from the grace, and we all know that no man would make heaven without the grace found in Jesus. Galatians 5:4 tells us that those who live by the law are cut off from the grace of Christ; Galatians 3:11 says no one is justified by the law in the sight of God. Also read Galatians 2:21, Galatians 3:1-5, Galatians 5:3, etc to really understand the grave implications of living by the law, even if it is just one act of the law.

There are other reasons many people have often given to justify tithe payment. One of them is that Abraham and Jacob paid tithe before the law, and if we must inherit the blessings of Abraham, we ought to do what they did: pay tithe. However, we must understand that Abraham paid tithe once. He tithed out of the spoils of war and not from his possessions. Jacob paid tithe as a vow to God if he answers his prayer. The bible never told us that he repeated that. We should remember that Circumcision, like tithing, also came before the law when God told Abraham in Genesis 17:11 to circumcise his household. Yet Galatians 5:1-3 tells us that we should no longer practice circumcision. This clearly tells us that it is fallacious to continue to live by an old doctrine merely because it came before the law.

Moreover, like I mentioned in the first paragraph, many people can give testimonies of financial breakthrough for paying tithe. Such blessings are real and may be from God. However, obtaining positive result is not always an indication that the means it came is according to God’s Will. For instance, Moses was instructed by God in Numbers 20:8 to speak to the rock so that water would be supplied for the grumbling Israelites. Moses, however, STRUCK the rock (Numbers 20:11) as against the instruction to Speak. There was still a positive result of water coming out of the rock, but God punished Moses for disobedience to His exact instruction by preventing him from entering the Promised Land. Matthew 7: 21-23 also tells us that God prevented people who performed miracles, signs and wonders in His name (not the name of Satan) from entering Heaven simply because they did not do His Will. This clearly tells us that God could give people power to perform signs and wonders or obtain positive results when His name is mentioned. Yet He would deny them entrance into Heaven for not doing His Will. Therefore, do not be rooted in the practice of a doctrine merely by the side attractions of signs and wonders.

It is pertinent that we know God’s laid down principle which is the key to financial breakthrough according to His Will. This key is in providing the needs of the less privileged and supporting Missionary works (2nd Corinthians 9:1-14, Matthew 25: 31-46, Matthew 10:41-42, James 1:27, Galatians 6:6-10, Luke 14:12-14, etc.). Do these and watch God manifest in your life. There are orphans in orphanages, beggars on the streets, sick people in hospitals who cannot pay their medical bills, people in prisons who have lost hope, widows, poor people around you, etc, who need our money and other welfare materials as we can provide. Moreover, invest in Missionary works geared towards propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ, and in the life of those who Minister the Word of God to us in our churches. The needs of the church can only be met through our voluntary offering and not through tithing.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION!!!
Let me educate us further. What was the purpose of tithe during the law? A percentage of tithe was given to Levites because of the services they rendered to God, and they were not to own properties. The priests served like mediators between God and men, for they offered our gifts and our sacrifices of sin, cleansing, etc to God. However, the death of Jesus Christ became the ultimate sacrifice. We no longer need mortal priests to offer sacrifices to God on our behalf. We all now have direct access to God just like those priests of the old. That is why in 1Peter 2:9, we are called royal Priests, and the veil separating us from God was torn when Jesus died. Since there is no more need for sacrifices, the office of those priests was eliminated and therefore, the requirement to pay tithe which was used to feed these men was also eliminated. Hebrews 7, 8, 9 should explain all these to us.

Now, let us assume that tithing is still necessary, CAN ANYONE TELL US WHERE MONEY IS MENTIONED AS A "TITHABLE" ITEM IN THE BIBLE? Deu 14:22 and Leviticus 27:30 clearly tells us that only the fruits of the land or agricultural products were accepted as tithes. Most of modern day preachers deceive us by saying that in the old testament days, people were not earning money and that was why God did not include money as something to tithe. No way! You would be wrong if you think so. When you read 2 Chronicles 24:11-14, 2 Kings 12:11, 2 Kings 22:4-6 and Ezra 3:7, you would see that there were Carpenters, Stone cutters, Masons, etc who were paid for their services in money. We should also accept that there were fisher men then and other forms of trade. So can someone answer this question: WHY DID GOD NOT TELL THOSE PEOPLE TO TITHE THE MONEY THEY EARNED?

My brethren, let us be careful to preach the gospel of salvation to all mankind as something obtainable in grace and not through the works of the law. Let us not put men in bondage by forcing them to live by the law just because we are more interested in enriching ourselves through their tithe. Apostle Paul was a tent maker (Acts 18: 3) even as he was preaching, because he did not want to put burden on believers to supply his needs ( 1 Thes 2:9). Anybody that says he is an Apostle, Pastor, etc should be wise to emulate their early church predecessors: Apostle Paul, etc.
All these for what?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 7:13am On May 15, 2016
PAUL WAS NEVA AN APOSTLE WHO GAVE HIM THAT TITTLE??
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Born2Freak(f): 7:27am On May 15, 2016
Lilbrown007:
PAUL WAS NEVA AN APOSTLE WHO GAVE HIM THAT TITTLE??

Did he not follow christ's footsteps in the new testament?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 12:54am On May 17, 2016
SirWere:
Five proof for the atheist that God is real was just trending on NL. Ahh..... It's good thread like that comes in a while; at least one can truly know the mind of the populace...

Some comments there were pretty bleeped up tho....

But one major thing I noticed was that people referred to the God of the Gaps argument a lot.

For others well, it was an exercise to throw out choice words and indoctinated words...

But it was intresting,.. I'm looking forward to a reply from someone on NL. The person should tag me o!
Please can you point me to that thread? I've been in the dark for some time now.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 6:54am On May 17, 2016
dblackninja:

Please can you point me to that thread? I've been in the dark for some time now.
www.nairaland.com/3077324/5-clear-proofs-god-exists
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 11:09am On May 17, 2016
SirWere:
www.nairaland.com/3077324/5-clear-proofs-god-exists
Oh I thought there's something new. I wonder the clarity in the post that proves the existence of a god. Same old surmise rounded off with a fallacious ad verecundiam undecided (the bible)
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by SujiAndrew(m): 2:56pm On May 17, 2016
This post will clarify all your doubt about the payment of tithe.
http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/should-christians-pay-tithe.html
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ!

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 7:40pm On May 17, 2016
dblackninja:

Oh I thought there's something new. I wonder the clarity in the post that proves the existence of a god. Same old surmise rounded off with a fallacious ad verecundiam undecided (the bible)

grin

you expected some logic from that thread?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 6:24am On May 18, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin

you expected some logic from that thread?

Lol. Thought I gonna see some new and healthy line of thought. When I logged in, scanning through some comments/attacks and saw Sirwere's comment.. 5 clear proof that God exists which even trended on the fp.. I said eeehen! at last, someone has done his homework... I joyfully requested for the link, only to...chaiii the disappointment knew no bounds. He just regurgitated the same old lines without good logical facts to back it up angry

Since the disappointment had already set in, I just relaxed to see whether some comments will make me happy (cause that's my main purpose with the religious section), some actually did cheesy The most daft comment, that's apart from some uncouth ones anyway, was that of the first commenter, who kind of added the sixth proof: "My life is a proof that God exists" I wonder whether the life of a virus is equally a proof that God exists..If you ask him this question following his line of reasoning, what you will hear is.." errrm no. God doesn't create diseases, only the evil one, Lucifer and his agents, sons of lucifer does that" undecided
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by SujiAndrew(m): 6:40am On May 18, 2016
We have had to fight on this for centuries; do you think ladies have roles to play in pulpit ministry?
This blog will clarify all your doubts regarding this topic.
http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/04/do-ladies-have-place-in-pulpit-ministry.html
Be blessed as you read in the name of our lord Jesus Christ!

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 8:26pm On May 19, 2016
dblackninja:

Lol. Thought I gonna see some new and healthy line of thought. When I logged in, scanning through some comments/attacks and saw Sirwere's comment.. 5 clear proof that God exists which even trended on the fp.. I said eeehen! at last, someone has done his homework... I joyfully requested for the link, only to...chaiii the disappointment knew no bounds. He just regurgitated the same old lines without good logical facts to back it up angry

Since the disappointment had already set in, I just relaxed to see whether some comments will make me happy (cause that's my main purpose with the religious section), some actually did cheesy The most daft comment, that's apart from some uncouth ones anyway, was that of the first commenter, who kind of added the sixth proof: "My life is a proof that God exists" I wonder whether the life of a virus is equally a proof that God exists..If you ask him this question following his line of reasoning, what you will hear is.." errrm no. God doesn't create diseases, only the evil one, Lucifer and his agents, sons of lucifer does that" undecided

Long thing. I knew from the title that it would be an illogical thread.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by Nobody: 12:12am On May 20, 2016
Born2Freak:

Did he not follow christ's footsteps in the new testament?
GO AND READ HE ACTUALLY CONTRADICTED CHRIST AND HE WAS ALSO GIVING HIS OWN VIEWS AND OPINIONS NOTING LIKE FOLLOWING THERE
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 8:22am On May 20, 2016
Lilbrown007:
GO AND READ HE ACTUALLY CONTRADICTED CHRIST AND HE WAS ALSO GIVING HIS OWN VIEWS AND OPINIONS NOTING LIKE FOLLOWING THERE

Paul infiltrated Christianity. The guy's teachings took Christianity into another dimensions.

Muslims recognise Jesus but not Paul. Very interesting
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by johnydon22(m): 8:59am On May 20, 2016
JackBizzle:

Paul infiltrated Christianity. The guy's teachings took Christianity into another dimensions.

Muslims recognise Jesus but not Paul. Very interesting

Haven't you noticed how the Christian doctrines are really centered on the opinions of man paul found in his letters than the alleged teachings of the man Jesus himself.

They always go for the easy One, if Christians followed Jesus' teaching literally they'd be nothing better than Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 9:13am On May 20, 2016
johnydon22:

Haven't you noticed how the Christian doctrines are really centered on the opinions of man paul found in his letters than the alleged teachings of the man Jesus himself.

They always go for the easy One, if Christians followed Jesus' teaching literally they'd be nothing better than Muslims.

That indeed is the irony of the religion.

They rather follow the disciple rather than the prophet/master.

Jesus never preached about tithing. It was Paul that gave way to tithe hustling.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
@ Jackbizzle and others who have watched the Flash season too episode finale, how did you see the plot? What's your review on that episode?

How about the flash racing back in time to save his mum? (hmmm angry they better play their cards very well in season 3 cause it seems crappy to me)
What of the Zoom's plan to destroy the earth using the magnetar?--(seems to me like an unintelligent plan for a super villain that can produce time remnants.)

Lastly on the scale of 1-10, what will be your rating?
As for me, 3 for this finale. Season one has a much better cliffhanger and so much fun. Season 2 altogether seems like a copy and paste of season one in a convulated way.
I almost shouted "nawa for nollywood " when watching the episode.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2016
dblackninja:
@ Jackbizzle and others who have watched the Flash season too episode finale, how did you see the plot? What's your review on that episode?

How about the flash racing back in time to save his mum? (hmmm angry they better play their cards very well in season 3 cause it seems crappy to me)
What of the Zoom's plan to destroy the earth using the magnetar?--(seems to me like an unintelligent plan for a super villain that can produce time remnants.)

Lastly on the scale of 1-10, what will be your rating?
As for me, 3 for this finale. Season one has a much better cliffhanger and so much fun. Season 2 altogether seems like a copy and paste of season one in a convulated way.
I almost shouted "nawa for nollywood " when watching the episode.

The finale was great but it was really stupid of Barry to go back in time to save his mother, as that would destroy the time line.

Also, the time remnant explanation throughout the season was rubbish. You can't just make a copy of yourself by going back in time. A paradox will occur.

The only way a time remnant could occur is if one goes to the past and then immediately go to the present (just before the original time jump to the past)
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
JackBizzle:

The finale was great but it was really stupid of Barry to go back in time to save his mother, as that would destroy the time line.

Also, the time remnant explanation throughout the season was rubbish. You can't just make a copy of yourself by going back in time. A paradox will occur.

The only way a time remnant could occur is if one goes to the past and then immediately go to the present (just before the original time jump to the past)
Okay a great finale but silly cliffhanger and a rubbish time remnant portrayal. What would you rate the episode in a scale of 1--10?

But if the time remnant was portrayed badly wouldn't it make the finale very crappy as it was centered on that?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 5:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
JackBizzle:

The concept of time remnant I agree is too vague. I think what they are trying to portray is thus:
When a speedster with time travelling abilities runs at high speed , he can go back few moment ago in time and can create a copy of himself which is called “Time Remnant ”. So due to rupture of timeline , time remnant is preserved by speed force in their timeline avoiding paradoxes . Remember also that when Barry went back in time to save his mother, he also saw the other Barry which can be called a time remnant.

Like Harrison wells from earth 2 said concerning Eobard Thawne's case: "It's possible Eobard was in the Speed Force, protecting him like a bomb shelter, keeping him alive and his timeline intact. It's what's known as a "timeline remnant"."
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 7:34am On Jun 22, 2016
dblackninja:

Okay a great finale but silly cliffhanger and a rubbish time remnant portrayal. What would you rate the episode in a scale of 1--10?

But if the time remnant was portrayed badly wouldn't it make the finale very crappy as it was centered on that?

Jesus!

I missed this comment. Pls forgive me.

I would rate the episode 8/10. It was a great episode but the ending was a bit unreal.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 7:36am On Jun 22, 2016
dblackninja:

The concept of time remnant I agree is too vague. I think what they are trying to portray is thus:
When a speedster with time travelling abilities runs at high speed , he can go back few moment ago in time and can create a copy of himself which is called “Time Remnant ”. So due to rupture of timeline , time remnant is preserved by speed force in their timeline avoiding paradoxes . Remember also that when Barry went back in time to save his mother, he also saw the other Barry which can be called a time remnant.

Like Harrison wells from earth 2 said concerning Eobard Thawne's case: "It's possible Eobard was in the Speed Force, protecting him like a bomb shelter, keeping him alive and his timeline intact. It's what's known as a "timeline remnant"."

Too vague. Also, time travel always causes paradoxes. A time remnant is a paradox ititself.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

Jesus!

I missed this comment. Pls forgive me.

I would rate the episode 8/10. It was a great episode but the ending was a bit unreal.

Hahaha why are you calling the Lamb of God? You wan use the sacrifice do suya??
Okay, just re-watched the finale..i think I allowed the cliffhanger to cloud my judgment--it's still part of the episode anyway. Yeah it was ok. Adding 3.5...so 6.5/10 cool
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 9:06am On Jun 23, 2016
dblackninja:

Hahaha why are you calling the Lamb of God? You wan use the sacrifice do suya??
Okay, just re-watched the finale..i think I allowed the cliffhanger to cloud my judgment--it's still part of the episode anyway. Yeah it was ok. Adding 3.5...so 6.5/10 cool

Only 6.5? grin

Anyway, do you watch the walking dead or game of thrones?
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by dblackninja: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2016
JackBizzle:

Only 6.5? grin

Anyway, do you watch the walking dead or game of thrones?

Game of thrones all the way cool I just disliked walking dead.. haven't even watched a complete episode.
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by JackBizzle: 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
dblackninja:

Game of thrones all the way cool I just disliked walking dead.. haven't even watched a complete episode.

Battle of the bastards. Epic episode. Ramsay Bolton dead
Re: A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy! by UyiIredia(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Battle of the bastards. Epic episode. Ramsay Bolton dead

Yeah. Jon Snow punching the life out of Bolton. Epic. But the last episode was surprising. Who would have thought Tom men and Margaery would the the same day ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Registering For Voter's Card (Photo) / Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / Gloria And Mike Bamiloye, Their Children, Damilola, Joshua & Gift Bamiloye Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.