Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone (12456 Views)

Split Screen Feature On Android Nougat(video) / Utilising The Split Screen Feature On TECNO Camon CX / How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by superxam: 12:36pm On May 03, 2016
I just got an itel 1507 phone, while surfing the phone, i stumbled on a feature called CAST SCREEN, repeatedly i tried using it but it says now devices found. i think it has to do with pairing with another phone with the same feature, and since then I have been looking for a phone with the same feature but haven't tried. I really want to try this feature i guess it would be spectacular, but i think i am alone here with it for now.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by PheezyLee(m): 12:42pm On May 03, 2016
I do that seamlessly with Q10
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by ESheriff1(m): 12:47pm On May 03, 2016
I hope to get the it1507 some day but I don't know much about that feature...
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 1:42pm On May 03, 2016
It's not for pairing with another phone, Cast Screen feature is in a lot of smartphones, it's used to mirror your devices screen on your TV, your TV has to have miracast, or you need an external miracast device plugged into your TV like Chromecast or Easycast.

Let me show you mine. I bought Easycast on gearbest and I use it to watch movies and play games using my TV.

9 Likes

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by phrancys001(m): 4:04pm On May 03, 2016
khalhokage:
It's not for pairing with another phone, Cast Screen feature is in a lot of smartphones, it's used to mirror your devices screen on your TV, your TV has to have miracast, or you need an external miracast device plugged into your TV like Chromecast or Easycast.

Let me show you mine. I bought Easycast on gearbest and I use it to watch movies and play games using my TV.
how much does the easy cast goes for?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by klinro(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2016
khalhokage:

This is lovely. So it would work with any android phone including itel as far as i have chromecast?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 03, 2016
khalhokage:

Pls where can I get easycast
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2016
@ yemaldo and @ phrancys001 i bought mine on gearbest.com the website in the pic, i don't remember how much I bought it but I expect it would be more expensive now with the situation the naira is in right now.
You can check for yourself on the site.

@ klinro it would work with any device that supports screen casting so you need to check your device 1st.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by bongolistik(m): 5:55pm On May 03, 2016
Khalhokage is right, here is a simple Tutorial on how to go about it. Bearing in mind that some TV are Miracast enabled and if yours is, then you don't need Easycast dongle. The Tutorial also specify how you can easily know if your TV is Miracast enabled
http://highteknology.com/2015/07/how-to-wirelessly-connect-android.html

1 Like

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Baadal(m): 8:15pm On May 03, 2016
pls where can i locate "CAST SCREEN" on my Gionee M5 mini?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 8:20pm On May 03, 2016
Baadal:
pls where can i locate "CAST SCREEN" on my Gionee M5 mini?
If your phone supports it, then you would most likely find it in display settings.

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Baadal(m): 8:47pm On May 03, 2016
khalhokage:

If your phone supports it, then you would most likely find it in display settings.
damn!! my phone is not supported sad
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 9:19pm On May 03, 2016
Baadal:
damn!! my phone is not supported sad
It could be located elsewhere, so search for it 1st, you never know.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 03, 2016
yemaldo:

Pls where can I get easycast

It doesn't necessarily need to be easycast. Chromecast is available on Konga.

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Thanks
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Mystiq25(m): 7:20am On May 04, 2016
greenhulk:

13k?that's too expensive compared to this one on Gearbest, just $11.56 that's roughly 3,500.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Osyxcel(m): 7:40am On May 04, 2016
khalhokage:

You're right, but I've connected two android phones together using Cast Screen... It's possible.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by klinro(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2016
khalhokage:
@ yemaldo and @ phrancys001 i bought mine on gearbest.com the website in the pic, i don't remember how much I bought it but I expect it would be more expensive now with the situation the naira is in right now.
You can check for yourself on the site.

@ klinro it would work with any device that supports screen casting so you need to check your device 1st.

Okay, thanks.
How do i check if my phone is supported because i am using an itel 1507 phone
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 11:34am On May 04, 2016
klinro:

Okay, thanks.
How do i check if my phone is supported because i am using an itel 1507 phone

Check your settings, you would most likely find it in display settings, but it could be somewhere else, i don't know how itel set up their phones.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 11:38am On May 04, 2016
Mystiq25:
13k?that's too expensive compared to this one on Gearbest, just $11.56 that's roughly 3,500.

Also there's another Easycast it says 5g WiFi, that one is more expensive but delivers a faster and more stable connection than this one.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by superxam: 12:20pm On May 04, 2016
I kept hearing devices like EasyCast, Chromecast and so on, but those devices are damn expensive, almost the same price with my phone! I bet most people don't know about this feature yet.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by acunon: 1:57pm On May 04, 2016
Hello house
there is no need to purchase the easycast dongle or chrome cast if you have a Smart TV. If you make use of SAMSUNG,SONY BRAVIA, PANASONIC smart tv from 2013 model and above,you can be able to use the Screen mirroring option when you click on the source on your remote and switching your cast screen/ screen mirroring on and enabling wifi will make your TV discover your device and hencephalitis pairing occurs. Also if you use LG,PHILIPS,TOSHIBA and so on you can find the Miracast or Intel widi(mirrors laptop to the TV) option where you can be able to mirror your phone to your TV. It's a nice experience pairing your phone to your tv and enjoying what ever happens on your phone display to your TV.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 04, 2016
Mystiq25:

Actually Chromecast is officially sold for $35. 13k is expensive, blame the dollar hike and all these importers. The thing though is u can't compare chromecast with easycast, it is like comparing a Nexus 6p with Tecno Boom J8. But they basically do the same thing though Chromecast is more functional and more premium. Buy whicheverone meets ur need.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by tonynwasokwu: 2:06am On May 06, 2016
With this single feature from itel it1507 (castscreen), I think that phone is dope, can't wait to lay my hand on it, i checked spec online and must confess it spectacular and will make a great deal out of it, most importantly affordable, considering the economy of the nation right now.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by godunia(m): 5:21am On May 06, 2016
Thank God it is on my GIONEE M5,next is to look for a dongle
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Baadal(m): 8:07am On May 06, 2016
godunia:
Thank God it is on my GIONEE M5,next is to look for a dongle
its not on my Gionee M5 mini...i'm selling it asap
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:25am On May 06, 2016
this one sef na marketing thread ba?

na wah.

I used to think Tecno marketers were shit, but these iTel ones take the cake
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by BossIce: 11:03am On May 08, 2016
If a phone has that feature, especially Itel and gionee; then it's an improvement.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by CICERO09(m): 1:23pm On May 08, 2016
Its on almost every android phones why una dey go like bush ppl like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by kolomax(m): 1:39pm On May 08, 2016
You all should check aliexpress it's $9-11
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by adefowope14(m): 3:23pm On May 08, 2016
Itel is the best smart phone brand now
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by klinro(m): 3:22pm On May 10, 2016
khalhokage:

Check your settings, you would most likely find it in display settings, but it could be somewhere else, i don't know how itel set up their phones.

Okay. Thank you.
I really hope this itel phone has it oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call, Data Costs May Rise As NCC Revises Telcos’ Spectrum Price / Get Blackerry 10 (Q5,Q10,Z3,Z10,Z30) Autoloader Files. / Blackberries To Get Android Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.