Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone (12464 Views)

Split Screen Feature On Android Nougat(video) / Utilising The Split Screen Feature On TECNO Camon CX / How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by martinkem(m): 6:10pm On May 10, 2016
khalhokage:
It's not for pairing with another phone, Cast Screen feature is in a lot of smartphones, it's used to mirror your devices screen on your TV, your TV has to have miracast, or you need an external miracast device plugged into your TV like Chromecast or Easycast.

Let me show you mine. I bought Easycast on gearbest and I use it to watch movies and play games using my TV.

Does the EasyCast require a WiFi connection via a router or does it create a hotspot of it's own?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by golddeejay(m): 9:05pm On May 10, 2016
guess it is d same as miravision on my lenovo
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by gustav25: 9:24pm On May 10, 2016
See as una dey do like village people,common stuff that have been on all android 4.4. Android phones for years now ....truly many people in Nigeria are tech illiterates
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Scarpon(m): 9:53pm On May 10, 2016
Is it same as screen mirroring?

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2016
martinkem:

Does the EasyCast require a WiFi connection via a router or does it create a hotspot of it's own?

It creates it's own hotspot.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 9:14am On May 11, 2016
Scarpon:
Is it same as screen mirroring?
Yes
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by forlahkhe: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Thank you for ur explanation, its d same thing with what i saw on yourube; bt i stl dont get it*sad face*. i use Lg tv and what i saw on my remote is *setting* botton and after pressing, there i got HDMI,AV1, AV2. can u pls explain how i can do ds mirror thing frm my samsung s5 and Lg tv. plssss
ii wont mind if anybody too wana help.
thank u

acunon:
Hello house
there is no need to purchase the easycast dongle or chrome cast if you have a Smart TV. If you make use of SAMSUNG,SONY BRAVIA, PANASONIC smart tv from 2013 model and above,you can be able to use the Screen mirroring option when you click on the source on your remote and switching your cast screen/ screen mirroring on and enabling wifi will make your TV discover your device and hencephalitis pairing occurs. Also if you use LG,PHILIPS,TOSHIBA and so on you can find the Miracast or Intel widi(mirrors laptop to the TV) option where you can be able to mirror your phone to your TV. It's a nice experience pairing your phone to your tv and enjoying what ever happens on your phone display to your TV.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by acunon: 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
forlahkhe:
Thank you for ur explanation, its d same thing with what i saw on yourube; bt i stl dont get it*sad face*. i use Lg tv and what i saw on my remote is *setting* botton and after pressing, there i got HDMI,AV1, AV2. can u pls explain how i can do ds mirror thing frm my samsung s5 and Lg tv. plssss
thank u

Is your tv a smart one?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by forlahkhe: 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
yes, it is.
acunon:
Is your tv a smart one?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by casig: 10:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
forlahkhe:
thank u

The screen mirroring feature on phones works directly on smart TVs. If you don't have a smart TV, you have to buy a dongle, which you plug to your TV and which enables you to connect your phone to your TV.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by forlahkhe: 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
i thought all big screen tvs are smart, since my os 38inches bt it seems im wrong o. pls c d photo; e be like say its nt a smart one.

casig:

The screen mirroring feature on phones works directly on smart TVs. If you don't have a smart TV, you have to buy a dongle, which you plug to your TV and which enables you to connect your phone to your TV.

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by acunon: 6:24am On Jul 03, 2016
forlahkhe:
yes, it is.
It's not smart tv sir,you will have to buy the dongle.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Emmaway(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2016
[b][/b]
superxam:
I just got an itel 1507 phone, while surfing the phone, i stumbled on a feature called CAST SCREEN, repeatedly i tried using it but it says now devices found. i think it has to do with pairing with another phone with the same feature, and since then I have been looking for a phone with the same feature but haven't tried. I really want to try this feature i guess it would be spectacular, but i think i am alone here with it for now.
It's a feature which allows you to show whatever you're doing on your TV, It's a very cool feature but
superxam:
I just got an itel 1507 phone, while surfing the phone, i stumbled on a feature called CAST SCREEN, repeatedly i tried using it but it says now devices found. i think it has to do with pairing with another phone with the same feature, and since then I have been looking for a phone with the same feature but haven't tried. I really want to try this feature i guess it would be spectacular, but i think i am alone here with it for now.
It's a feature which allows you to show whatever you're doing on your TV, It's a very cool feature but
superxam:
It's a feature which allows you to show whatever you're doing on your TV, It's a very cool feature but NOTE: IT DOESN'T WORKS WITH ALL TELEVISIONS it only works with smart TVs which supports CASTSCREEN
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by casig: 2:04pm On Jul 03, 2016
forlahkhe:
i thought all big screen tvs are smart, since my os 38inches bt it seems im wrong o. pls c d photo; e be like say its nt a smart one.

No. Yours is not a smart TV. If it were, it would be clearly written on it. Get a dongle to enjoy the screen mirroring feature.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by klinro(m): 9:01am On Aug 20, 2016
casig:

No. Yours is not a smart TV. If it were, it would be clearly written on it. Get a dongle to enjoy the screen mirroring feature.

But it works on all smart TV right?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by casig: 6:56am On Aug 21, 2016
klinro:

But it works on all smart TV right?
Yes, it does.
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by tolu4you: 7:13am On Aug 21, 2016
khalhokage:

Yes
Is it same as wireless display on lenovo?
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by khalhokage(m): 7:15am On Aug 21, 2016
tolu4you:
Is it same as wireless display on lenovo?
Probably
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2016
it's almost on every phone,my LG has everything including infrared i use that as a remote,
Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by Phonefanatic: 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
I bought this ezcast dongle recently got a bigger TV with inbuilt cast anyone interested should signify I'm selling 7k only.

Re: Trying To Use My CAST SCREEN Feature On My Phone by gbolio4(m): 3:01am On Nov 13, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I bought this ezcast dongle recently got a bigger TV with inbuilt cast anyone interested should signify I'm selling 7k only.

Oga Still Available? if so Please sms me +23480-7-622-85-06

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia Tv Receiver Device, Nokia 3110c And Blackberry 7290 For Sale / Nigerians Spend N767billion On Calls, Data, SMS In 3 Months / Xiaomi Launches A Noise Cancelling USB Earphones That Cost Around N16,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.