Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned (24305 Views)

Aftermath Of Nigeria Vs Congo Draw : 5 Lessons To Learn / West Ham United Backs FC Ifeanyi Ubah For Federation Cup Triumph / Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by joeace2020(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2016
You wanna make sense to a Nigerian...just add God

4 Likes

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by Clone2020(m): 2:19pm On May 03, 2016
Fluke.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by addictedwriter(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2016
Lesson 6: Humility, purpose, grit, passion, determination and rivals (competitors) ll definitely make u a success.....No wonder life is a race, u eida trample on others or u get trampled by others....
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by edorhe14(m): 2:21pm On May 03, 2016
#Word
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by Chidimercy: 2:21pm On May 03, 2016
Be creative.. follow ur own pattern u must not make it following the crowd.. I love this sentence.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by bayinq25(m): 2:21pm On May 03, 2016
Samakus:

And so the fairytale meteoric rise of Leicester City FC in the English game finally and fittingly reached a glorious crescendo. Leicester are the new BPL champions! The players and coaches' names forever etched in Leicester City's folklore. What a story! What a history made! The city of Leicestershire has been added to the comity of English cities to witness the BPL trophy parade. Just quite amazing!

As we eulogize Leicester's remarkable and history making BPL success, it's important to reflect on the lessons that can and indeed, should be learned from this mega footballing story of 2016.

1. HARDWORK AND DETERMINATION PAYS:
Leicester City achieved this remarkable feat not by jugging around the pitch. Over the course of the campaign, players and the coaching staff put in a remarkable amount of hardwork and determination. Their never-say-die attitude is epitomized by Jamie Vardy, Ngolo Kante, Danny Drinkwater, Wes Morgan, to call but a few. Even in the face of popular pessimism about their ability to win BPL, the players remained undeterred, determined and positive, marrying hardwork with belief. That has paid off.

2. BE ORIGINAL AND CREATIVE:
Following Barcelona and Spain's successes in football, gained through paying huge attention to possession-based football, the footballing world set about copying the Barcelona model. Not Leicester! Instead, Ranieri developed his own model of ceding possession to the opponent while exploiting the opponent's flaws through a quick counter attacking play. It worked like magic and today, Leicester is on everyone's lips. Be original! Be creative! You must not go with the crowd to make it.

3. WORK UNDER THE RADAR, LET YOUR SUCCESSES DO THE TALKING:
While Arsene Wenger talked about Arsenal mental strength, Mourinho having a subtle fight with his players, Man.City flirting with the issue of having Pep Guardiola as coach, Leicester were quietly doing the job required of champions. Succinctly put, Leicester did their talking where it mattered - on the pitch and they now have their trophy taking for them. Work hard silently, let your successes talk for you.

4. BELIEVE YOU CAN MAKE IT EVEN WHEN OTHERS DOUBT YOU:
Leicester may have targeted survival over the BPL title at the beginning of the season but immediately they saw that they can win the title, they never stopped believing! The consensus among the footballing world, even as at February 2016, was that Leicester will falter along the way. Instead of allowing that popular doubt to derail their ambition, it spurred them on. When others doubt your ability to make it, believe in yourself and work towards proving your doubters wrong. He that believes, receives!

5. GOD-FACTOR (LUCK) IS EVERYTHING:
While Leicester worked hard, they were also lucky with injuries. While Man.City, Man. United, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Chelsea had key men injured over the course of the campaign, Leicester were extraordinarily lucky with injuries. Would Leicester have won the BPL without having the luxury of selecting Jamie Vardy, Ngolo Kante, Wes Morgan and Riyad Mahrez week-in week-out? The obvious answer is No! Definitely, Leicester players were not the only players in BPL working hard, but they were the ones whose calls were divinely answered.
Work hard but remember that the battle is not of the swift and the strong. It's not of he that willeth or of he that runneth but of God that showeth mercy. Put God first!

#Mr_Samakus#
APC be like "we brought change,even Leicester won the league"vote APC 2019.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by quickly: 2:25pm On May 03, 2016
Samakus:

And so the fairytale meteoric rise of Leicester City FC in the English game finally and fittingly reached a glorious crescendo. Leicester are the new BPL champions! The players and coaches' names forever etched in Leicester City's folklore. What a story! What a history made! The city of Leicestershire has been added to the comity of English cities to witness the BPL trophy parade. Just quite amazing!

As we eulogize Leicester's remarkable and history making BPL success, it's important to reflect on the lessons that can and indeed, should be learned from this mega footballing story of 2016.

Leicester City achieved this remarkable feat not by jugging around the pitch. Over the course of the campaign, players and the coaching staff put in a remarkable amount of hardwork and determination. Their never-say-die attitude is epitomized by Jamie Vardy, Ngolo Kante, Danny Drinkwater, Wes Morgan, to call but a few. Even in the face of popular pessimism about their ability to win BPL, the players remained undeterred, determined and positive, marrying hardwork with belief. That has paid off.

Following Barcelona and Spain's successes in football, gained through paying huge attention to possession-based football, the footballing world set about copying the Barcelona model. Not Leicester! Instead, Ranieri developed his own model of ceding possession to the opponent while exploiting the opponent's flaws through a quick counter attacking play. It worked like magic and today, Leicester is on everyone's lips. Be original! Be creative! You must not go with the crowd to make it.

While Arsene Wenger talked about Arsenal mental strength, Mourinho having a subtle fight with his players, Man.City flirting with the issue of having Pep Guardiola as coach, Leicester were quietly doing the job required of champions. Succinctly put, Leicester did their talking where it mattered - on the pitch and they now have their trophy taking for them. Work hard silently, let your successes talk for you.

Leicester may have targeted survival over the BPL title at the beginning of the season but immediately they saw that they can win the title, they never stopped believing! The consensus among the footballing world, even as at February 2016, was that Leicester will falter along the way. Instead of allowing that popular doubt to derail their ambition, it spurred them on. When others doubt your ability to make it, believe in yourself and work towards proving your doubters wrong. He that believes, receives!

While Leicester worked hard, they were also lucky with injuries. While Man.City, Man. United, Arsenal, Liverpool and even Chelsea had key men injured over the course of the campaign, Leicester were extraordinarily lucky with injuries. Would Leicester have won the BPL without having the luxury of selecting Jamie Vardy, Ngolo Kante, Wes Morgan and Riyad Mahrez week-in week-out? The obvious answer is No! Definitely, Leicester players were not the only players in BPL working hard, but they were the ones whose calls were divinely answered.
Work hard but remember that the battle is not of the swift and the strong. It's not of he that willeth or of he that runneth but of God that showeth mercy. Put God first!

#Mr_Samakus#

OH SHUT UP EVERY BODY IS NOW FAMZING. WHO ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF NOIGEIRA?

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by butanep(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2016
I saw this coming...

When Buhari won... same thing happen.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2016
Shaparly, I go find Leicester Jessy buy oooo.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by NarnieSnyper(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2016
Chai! And that Leicester die-hard fan who placed a bet that Leicester were gonna win the BPL with just £15sad. Too bad cancer took him b4 the 'moment'

seriously, who wuda thunk Leicester city Let me use this opportunity to face my book harder because 4.8cgp is my targetcheesy

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by banmee(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2016
Samakus, i beg remove number 5.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by banmee(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2016
joeace2020:
You wanna make sense to a Nigerian...just add God

Lol.....it absolutely amazing.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by Speakdatruth: 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
Samakus:

#Mr_Samakus#
God factor is not luck, correct yaself

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by MisterMachine: 2:57pm On May 03, 2016
want ya life to be Leicester, you better desireaustralia dot come.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 03, 2016
benega:
Its a real pleasure to witness such a magical moment in the sands of time. Witnessing this fills me with so much emotion, i feel like crying...i love you leichester!!!! I love you vardy!!!! *sobs*
take bucket
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by P0intBlank(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2016
On the final day of season, Leicester (New Champions) would be given a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge by Chelsea (immediate past Champion). Ranieri would be honoured on the same ground were he was deemed not good enough. How fitting!

3 Likes

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by Atalia: 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
[img]http://4.bp..com/-2CBNpNX-6u0/Vye-P6n33BI/AAAAAAACcXg/MXKihVFwRvEAqi1495LP44i9GpwU1HX_ACLcB/s1600/leicester-trophy-main.jpg[/img]

Finally, the seemingly impossible feat has just happened, the fairy tale story is completed. Leicester City have just won the the 2015/2016 English Premier League with 2 games remaining, courtesy of an Eden Hazard equalizer that ensured Chelsea played a 2-2 draw with Tottenham Hotspurs, which means Leicester's closest Spurs will not be able to catch Leicester City.

Watch and Download Leicester City crowned champions of England [Video]
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 03, 2016
coded01:
Shame on Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal... angry grin
Who's This One?
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by nedu2000(m): 3:20pm On May 03, 2016
EYIMICHAEL:
Everything, Anything and Something God can do.
is that all you could dicipher from what the op typed.Nigerians and religion er
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by scarred9jan(m): 3:21pm On May 03, 2016
cold:

Where exactly does god fit into this? Nigerians never skip a beat to inject god into every discourse..sigh

As in! People work hard, this one is saying put god first.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by afroxyz: 3:30pm On May 03, 2016
cold:

Where exactly does god fit into this? Nigerians never skip a beat to inject god into every discourse..sigh
Exactly o. Depending on luck and God. As if these are the factors that hot them to the top
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by saintkeppy(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2016
P0intBlank:
On the final day of season, Leicester (New Champions) would be given a guard of honour at Stamford Bridge by Chelsea (immediate past Champion). Ranieri would be honoured on the same ground were he was deemed not good enough. How fitting!
. Clash of the BLUES ...I can't wait for this moment!
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by tosyne2much(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2016
seunny4lif:
They won the league is a lesson to all
In life don't give up and don't look down on people becos you are rich now or becos you are called chairman
Just like them, it's happened in my family
The two must underrated person in my family are the breadwinner now
grin grin
Bro, that's the dynamism of life.. May God help us
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by tosyne2much(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2016
adconline:
Shouldn't it be " hard work or determination" pays or " hard work and determination" pay? Rule of concord- singular verb goes with singular noun or pronoun.
Bros, abeg no bring rules of concord come here oooo cheesy
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by TrumpDonald(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2016
cold:

Guy no talk DAT thing oo. Although I get ur point concerning Nigerians and 'attributing God' to everything thereby making mockery of d whole thing, I still believe and know DAT God still plays a huge role to certain successes.

I believe that heaven helps those DAT help themselves. Leicester City worked really hard for this and heaven smiled on them. They were determined and God saw their faith.
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by tosyne2much(m): 3:40pm On May 03, 2016
OP, this is a wonderful write-up... Kudos bro

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by SEONaijaExpert: 3:44pm On May 03, 2016
I hope they keep the spot next session and not be like Chelsea
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by seunny4lif(m): 4:02pm On May 03, 2016
cool cool
Now I have at least 2 people doing well cool cool cool
Like me, I don't give up even when I was down
Today my story is changing cool
tosyne2much:
Bro, that's the dynamism of life.. May God help us
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by eDoc: 4:04pm On May 03, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
Ranieri be like, Mourinho you can finally ****** smiley

Beautiful picture.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by eDoc: 4:05pm On May 03, 2016
cold:

That's being God conscious,since you lack it,it is my prayer that you get it in postive reckless abandon.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by sunshine1974(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2016
Im still waiting to see the pastor dat will come out and tell us he prophesied it.......
Re: Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned by eDoc: 4:24pm On May 03, 2016
sunshine1974:
Im still waiting to see the pastor dat will come out and tell us he prophesied it.......

Waiting for TB Joshua and Apostle Suleiman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Super Eagles Second Training Session Ahead Of AFCON / NFF President And Officials At Keshi's House In Benin / Isco Alorcon Welcomes New Baby Boy. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.