Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76160 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Go Down)

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Seun(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.

1418 Likes 85 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by akanniade10(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2016
Please Ban!!! They are already constituting nuisance on Nairaland. Seun don't you also think it will be a good idea if we can see the monikers of those liking our Posts wink Click "LIKE" if you second the motion

1006 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2016
Ogar Suen abeq BAN tht sport betting. Tht thing na scam plus if wan gets addictedaddicted to it, even steal pesin fit go steal jus to com play am

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by SeverusSnape(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2016
Good idea Mr. Nairaland founder, People could be scammed through that Forex trading. But if you ban sport betting, Guys go vex o grin, Some guys just can't do without that.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Narcissist: 2:53pm On May 03, 2016
I'll be back

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Sweetcollins: 2:53pm On May 03, 2016
But y...many people dey use am hammer na

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by frisky2good(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
Please do.

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Rexphobia(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
Dear Seun,

I think you have a long list of things to ban

1. Snake threads
2. Tiwa and Tbillz threads
3. Olosho threads
4. Tonto Dike threads
5. Ponzi Schemes
6. Linda and Laura Ikeji cum Wizkid threads
7. Ex-bread-seller
9. All misleading threads e.g See naked photo of Asa and Beyonce ==> when I open the thread, the silly OP is preaching
10. Any thread that calls Lalastica's name before the thread has 1 view. We must stop calling the names of our mods in vain

The list is endless. I believe we are adults here and can make rational decisions, so take note.

Regards,

Concerned NLer

655 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by femiakinbully(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
Sounds good but i feel its only the very greedy ppl that can fall victim to it .

Sport betting isn't leaving this economy soon wink

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
Dear Seun,

I believe that anybody that engage in Forex or game betting is up to the age of accountability and can be able to take a good decision for his or herself.

Kindly note that Forex and game betting are legitimate business as such banning it on your forum will not be a wise idea.

My 2 cents.

384 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by olafum1(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
Dear Seun..

Pls go ahead and ban such threads.

Also, I discovered a lot of older posts on this forum makes a lot of sense and are very informative, in every section.

Can u have your mods go through such threads and help us push to fp? It shouldn't matter if those threads ever made fp then, but so far their contents are still much valuable today, Pls let's have it on fp, though most of such post never got enough attention to make front page..

Sometimes lots of this celebrity news on fp can be frustrating.

Thank you

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by gbengress1: 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
This is bad oo

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by 69MissedCalls(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
no don't ban it. Forex is legit. the problem is the people that advertise it. there are asset managers that can teach, mentor and grow your account for you.

even the normal businesses have scammers. for every original thing in life, there will always be a million fakes.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
seun take a look at the Many Amazing Advantages of Sports Online
Betting
Sports betting has been a popular entertainment
since the ancient times. People placed bets at
spontaneous street fights, and for large-scale
sports competitions there were organized legalized
bookmaker centers. With the invention of the
online world many services moved from land-
based establishments to the Web. So, there
appeared sports online betting. After that moment
the number of bettors greatly increased. People
discovered the amazing benefits of online
gambling and started to place bets using the
Internet.
First of all, online sports betting is accessible from
any device connected to the Web – a personal
computer, a laptop, a mobile phone, etc. So, you
save lots of time with online betting. Besides that,
internet-based gambling is friendlier to beginners.
If you are a newbie, you would feel embarrassed
in the fussy atmosphere of a land-based
bookmaker center. On the web you can become
familiar with the basics of online gambling without
all that discomfort. What’s really great – many
bookmakers provide new players with free
bonuses, so they could gain some experience
before investing real money. Online you can see
the results, as soon as the game ends. No noisy
crowds of overexcited fans and gamblers, no
standing in lines. You can use the web to gather
information about the forthcoming events and the
teams. You can analyze all the factors in quiet
home atmosphere. You can fully concentrate on
betting, thus your chances to make the right
decision and win money are much higher. So, it’s
absolutely clear, that online sports betting
gambling is much better than traditional betting.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by MizMyColi(f): 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
Where is Dygeasy when you need him?

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Ralphlauren(m): 2:54pm On May 03, 2016
I agree.

Sports betting should be banned.

The gambling sector in nigeria is highly unregulated and betting is fast becoming a dangerous trend in nigeria.

Besides, none of the major religions support gambling. Gambling is a sin.

Seun, I completely agree. Ban both forex trading and sports betting.

12 Likes 1 Share

I have traded forex in the past. I made money and lost a lot too.

It's legitimate though highly risky.

Even though I wouldn't encourage anyone to consider forex as an investment, don't force your opinion on others please.

modified I would like seun to ban sports betting. But it's would be unfair to punters.

I suggest you create a section for it with a warning that whoever engages in such does so at his or her own risk.
Thanks

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
interesting...

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
if you wan to ban them it's cool, but your reason is illogical ?

20 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
Seun please BAN them here.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by kennyman2000(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
Let me park here
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by moscobabs(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
pls do oga Seun promoting these things makes youths poor

3 Likes

Na wa oooo, why don't you just rename nairaland as a monastery. Sports betting is just like the lotto and national lottery that we have had in the past. I see no reason why NL should ban it.
There is a reason why it's tagged [18+], it's for those who can take responsibility for their actions.
Why don't you just altogether ban explicit threads on Romanceland and nonsense celebrity gossips since that also ruins personalities and homes.
Next thing we'll hear is Seun has banned discussion on "fulani cattle rearers as terrorists ". we know where you're going, speed up! Yeye dey smell

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by dont8(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
It's a right decision at the right time, betting to me is an addicted evil that has damaged the psyche of average Nigerian youths and which drastic step has to be taken, it starts now!

6 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Dannieln1: 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
This is a very serious Issue, because this two businesses are ventures that have been legalise anywhere around the world...(thats why even beer producers always warn us drink responsible) the problem is not that it is fraudalent but some fraudalent people on this forum that come online to dupe people with fix match, i think such kind of people should be monitored beside they are millions of youths who gamble today that dont know about nairaland

the best thing is censorship

#istandwithmyopinion

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by mrvitalis(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
Forex u can.. . But sports betting??
Bro sometimes those free odds dey help ooh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by sammer4life(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
Seun.... leave bet ooooo. It has reduce crime wave oooo. Atleast, boys get hope every weekend.... Lol

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by gudnex22(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2016
m
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 03, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too much for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think?

Nice move but also ban useless topics from coming to FP like celebrities showing off their clevages and body parts, worthless topics, please. It will also make nairaland a better platform

46 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by tosyne2much(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2016
Thread loading !!!

10 Reasons Why You Should Desist From BET9Ja

Before then, Oga Seun, abeg play these games.. Na today and 2moro matches cheesy

Just stake am N200 cheesy

Booking Number: B945CS

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by allisonluvsu(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2016
hmmmm

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29)

Subomi Balogun Arrives At Ojude Oba In Rolls-Royce Phantom / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.