Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached (21372 Views)

Esan Elders Reject Victor Edoror, Demand An Esan Speaker / Buhari Can Be Impeached Over Magu – Senator Okurounmu / Dino Melaye Was Impeached For Stealing TV In ABU Zaria - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
Edo assembly speaker, deputy impeached

Victor Edoror, speaker of the Edo state house of assembly, and Bright Osayande, his deputy, have been impeached.

The two presiding officers were impeached on Tuesday by 16 members of the assembly for “incompetence and gross misconduct”.

After the removal of both men, Elizabeth Ative was elected as speaker of the assembly.

According to NAN, the impeachment followed a motion moved by Folly Ogedemgbe (APC, Owan-east), majority leader, which was seconded by Patrick Illuobe (PDP, Esan north-east).

“This is an impeachment notice signed by 16 members that the speaker Victor Edoroh and his deputy, are hereby impeached,” Ogedemgbe said during the house sitting.

Shortly after moving the motion, Ogedemgbe nominated Illuobe to preside over the election; and Illuobe called for nomination for a new speaker and deputy.

Ativie’s name was submitted as speaker by Victor Assen (APC, Owan-east), while Justin Okonobo (APC, Igueben) was nominated as deputy speaker by Henry Okhuobo (APC, Orhionmwon).

The two were subsequently approved to lead the house.

A mild drama ensued immediately after the new speaker took her seat, as the assembly’s chamber was invaded by thugs, forcing situation made security operatives to intervene as staff scampered for safety.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-edo-assembly-speaker-deputy-impeached

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by madridguy(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2016
This is what I tagged sweet politics. I know some people will still blame BUHARI AND JAGABAN for this. The more PDP tried to wake up the more APC kill them more. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sai Osho baba

SAI APC.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by fashoo2010(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2016
Adams Oshiomole is already loosing grips over the state. This is politics time.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2016
Buhari maka why?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by tayebest(m): 3:36pm On May 03, 2016
But why the shootings?? cry
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 03, 2016
pdp's handiwork i guess
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 03, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
Buhari maka why?
zed

3 Likes

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Osehnetworld(m): 3:40pm On May 03, 2016
wait
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by DONSMITH123(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2016
when will you ever have little modular? What has Buhari got to do with the impeached speaker and his deputy.

TANTUMERGO007:
Buhari maka why?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Khd95(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2016
Ijiots,kill una selves finish.
These politicians will secure another appointment/post,and he wont even remember u
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by ProfessorPeter(m): 3:48pm On May 03, 2016
Last week it was an assassination attempt on The deputy governor, now it is the speaker and the deputy speaker. Oshomole must go down. Watchout very soon, there will be two factions, Oshomole's boys will have police protection and they will sit in Lara's bedroom to pass bills and resolutions, while the other Fraction will have EFCC chasing them

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 03, 2016
What do u expect when every politicans are trying to breed thugs. I pity those that are use
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Pidggin(f): 4:35pm On May 03, 2016
APC smh

3 Likes

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Okanokan(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2016
Absolute Power corrupts Absolute. Oshiomole has eaten soured grape and the people of Edo, teeths are set on edge.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by kellyJames5(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2016
Edo state is following the path of Rivers now that their election is by the corner

i feel for the masses...

1 Like

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by FrankValency(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2016
chai, I never knew I was a Nairaland addict till I was banned, those mods shaa, mynd44 I dey hail ogrin . Let me come and be going before he sammer me again o

5 Likes

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by AYOdeji2102: 5:11pm On May 03, 2016
hmmmmmm mm

Overweight has been attributed to be one of the major causes of
sexual dissatisfaction in both male and female.Don't wait until you're
replaced by your spouse" Get rid of the excess fats with a natural programme....
follow this trend below for more details
https://www.nairaland.com/2427877/get-back-sexy-look-confidence#39247217
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by MadCow1: 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
Bini people shaaa...

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by raywan: 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
Edo state and rivers have the same mentality
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
Amazing, sacked for “incompetence and gross misconduct”.

- Ekiti State is next
- Rivers State to follow
- Ebonyi State to close this year grin

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Generalkorex(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by adebrave1(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by DaBullIT(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2016
more in comong
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by DesChyko: 5:13pm On May 03, 2016
See Vex
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by ducramsey99(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2016
Edo girls take note....
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by IVORY2009(m): 5:13pm On May 03, 2016
This is the hand-work of the "Adams family" grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by robosky02(m): 5:14pm On May 03, 2016
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by omooba969(m): 5:14pm On May 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by kennyblaze007(m): 5:15pm On May 03, 2016
Lol... My state is getting popular on Nairaland for the wrong reasons...

3 Likes

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by Enesi47: 5:15pm On May 03, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
Buhari maka why?
even if you can't met up in your life keep blame Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victor Edoror And Bright Osayande Impeached by DBossNG(m): 5:15pm On May 03, 2016
Alright

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Contesting Election In 2019 Will Be A Big Joke — Akinjide / Osun 2018: Politicians Device New Means Of Vote Buying, Woo Voters On Whatsapp / Reps Block Move To Include Almajiri System In Basic Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.