Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Car Tyres And Pressure:tip To Ensure The Road Safety Of Your Family - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Tyres And Pressure:tip To Ensure The Road Safety Of Your Family (825 Views)

See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Lady Teaches Ladies How To Change Car Tyres Better Than Men. / How To Keep Your Tyres And Wheels In Good Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Tyres And Pressure:tip To Ensure The Road Safety Of Your Family by Ricswagger: 4:23pm On May 03, 2016
Many people have been wondering what could be the cause of the incessant tyre burst accident on Nigerian roads.
The major cause is that we put too much pressure in our tyre. How did i know? I was preparing for a journey, i changed some of my tyres and asked the vulcanizer the recommended tyre pressure, he said 50. So i told him to inflate it to 50 allround.
When i got to my destination, i was discussing with some people on the issue of the minister that died due to tyre burst and wondered what could have happened because nobody could have imagined a minister travelling with expired tyre as many would think is the major cause of tyre burst. A man(who has lived in the U.S for many years) said that the major cause of tyre burst in Nigerian road is that we put too much pressure in our tyres and that each car has recommended tyre size and pressure clearly written on it by the manufacturer. I was surprised and begged him to show me where it is written in my car. To my greatest surprise, it is by the driver's door which i enter everyday without noticing it. By the time we checked, the recommended pressure for my car is 32! and i just travelled with 4 tyres on a pressure of 50!.
He took me round his compound and showed me that of the cars there (which include Jeep,Sienna et al),the highest was 32 some where even 29 and he further explained that tyres are made of rubber and expand at high temperature. So when travelling in the afternoon, the Alsphalt on the road is hot and the tyre will want to expand. If the pressure on the tyre is too much and couldn't accomodate the expansion, a burst is likely to happen at that time.

Please check the recommended tyre pressure for your vehicle and others to know and inform others.

SOURCE : Copied from my friend's fbtimeline

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sets The Longest Car Drifting Record, Guess How Many Hours It Lasted / 10 Fastest Audis From 0 To 60MPH / Foreign Used Toyota Camry 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.