Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,893 members, 7,798,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men (53383 Views)

Governor Fayose Hangs Out With A Masquerade (Photos) / Chris Ngige Launches YuBoss To Create Jobs To Nigerian Youths(Pics) / Reno Omokri Mock Lai Mohammed 4 Saying Masquerade Can Create Jobs 4 1000 Men(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by thirdi(m): 8:10am On May 04, 2016
bikefab:
Senility is a horrible thing.
his old and out of touch with reality. Instead of talking of technology and inventions...his talking of masquerading our youths for his entertainment

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Bobandgreat: 8:13am On May 04, 2016
mikolo80:
bet you sef did you believe he had a magic wand. I just wanted pdp out. at least we can have respite from pdp for 4 years. and enjoy watching them squirm in efcc net .and if we are truly lucky Audu ogbeh and fashola will not fall our hand. (far fetched but I de pray) but seriously I believe the competition BTW both parties will force them to '''bribe''' voters with dividends of democracy (hopefully tractors and cottage industries instead of rice) patapata anything was is and will always be better than pdp even tinubu as crooked as he is

PDP will field aYoruba man in the next election. Confirmed. Can u see ur countenance change. I can feel u hoping its true. U are just tribalistic. Go and dress a masquerade my friend.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by lawydewy(m): 8:14am On May 04, 2016
phemmie06:

At where, how many times did your masquerade and the masquerade of minster of masquerade Comes out in a year. Mind you this same man said there will be 365 festival in Nigeria @ early this year if not late last year, how many has been done. Stop deceiving yourself but let me tell you he will never use you as his director of the masquerade agency he's about to create .
Moreover go any part of Lagos during the masquerade festival and see what happen,

Most of them come out anytime.

Go.to Isolo and Agege area in Lagos.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by drnoel: 8:17am On May 04, 2016
lawydewy:
Tourism is the highest revenue in Tunisia today.

Nigerians are known for criticisms. I believe 90% will criticise him.

But there is truth in what he said.

Creativity is the key.

some Nigerians are so wicked to the extent they don't want good for their country.

And they will not know peace in their life.....

you better repent!!!!!!

It mustn't be during the festival events along.Every weekends at Tourism centers, cultural events can be organize for tourists.

Some people is there family's tradition (masquerade) or
heritage.
Some family no matter how rich you are,you must do it
atleast once.
How you will think outside the box(When hungry sama/
fire
you)
Your brain=Box. Your open eyes are seeing outside
box.....
When you see your environment,you will create avenues
for
food.
Only some few Masquerades that only come out ones in
a
year. Others do parade the street to catch fun and make
money.
Tourism centres on weekends, there will cultural displays
and dance,traditional modelling
(you can bring your wife in Ankara to cat/fish walk or
elephant walk if she is fat).
Normal Masquerades perform and recite poetries.
Your children can give symposiums or poems,I will clap
and drop something.
That will get he/she note books for a term.
Papa Emeka can sell soft drinks and sachets water,
while you can sell cigarettes and hard drinks.
Mallam Adamu will sell his Suya, he will not fight you
people in the bush.
Mama Kayode can sell rice and beans at one corner.
Mama Abdullahi can sell Kunu and Zobo just close to the
gate.
All these people are doing something,instead of poke
nosing, back biting&backfiring, gossiping and stealing.
While me at the weekends, I will come catch fun,relax
and
flex away troubled system of hard work.

Not the way he said it. Don't be like that. There are ways he could have said it that would pass the message.

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Bobandgreat: 8:23am On May 04, 2016
lawydewy:

If they come out like that then, when do they get dressed.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Nobody: 8:24am On May 04, 2016
Chisos!...why did i vote apc?..i need to see my doctor!

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by lawydewy(m): 8:24am On May 04, 2016
loomer:

Just imagine, so once that festival finish, them go turn jobless people?

It mustn't be during the festival along. Let's. create event,cultural and tourism centers. Where they can perform and recite symposiums.

a
money.
and drop something.
people in the bush.
gate.
and
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by lawydewy(m): 8:30am On May 04, 2016
drnoel:

Not the way he said it. Don't be like that. There are ways he could have said it that would pass the message.

Half a word is enough for wise.....

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Nobody: 8:37am On May 04, 2016
EPIC!..Nafdac certified steewpidity!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by matrixme(m): 8:59am On May 04, 2016
And some people are still trying to buttress his points. Do you all really think just because we are Nigerians too we have to be associated with your mediocre worldviews?
Future thinking countries are trying to get their citizens into space tourism and economy. Go and Google Mars One Mission and learn, this slowpoke is actually putting stakes on masquerades.
Well, those masquerade jobs belong to your children and their children, not mine in Jesus name!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by IYANGBALI: 9:08am On May 04, 2016
It's finished. Every hope don end.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by phemmie06(m): 9:11am On May 04, 2016
lawydewy:

Thank God, when your masquerade is out in Agege how does the scene looks like, a lot of pick pocket, stealing, molestation to mention few,. I guess that is what you are trying to encourage and promote, anyway some economic activities also take place but such do not appear in calculating NI.
Good thinking cos he want to create employment but bad product cos of his low IQ
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Onegai(f): 9:16am On May 04, 2016
Ghost01:
Nigerians and our attitude sha. There is nothing wrong with what Mr Mohammed said. He is only talking about the potentials of the country in terms of tourism. I must admit that the masquerade example he gave is quite funny, but then we can't throw away the baby with the water. And if the masquerades turn into big business, those dressing them will surely get paid for their troubles. Seasonal employment, yes, but employment all the same.

You cannot plan tourism without safety and infrastructure. So I'll be in a village in Enugu, taking pictures of dancing masquerades and Fulani Herdsmen attack. Or I'll fly into Benin City with my family to watch a festival and guess what, chronic fuel scarcity, my budget cannot cover the new hikes prices of transport. The only state that can reasonably do festivals is Lagos state because they use public holidays to provide free buses for people to watch them and it's relatively safe. South American countries with a high crime rate make sure they keep it down during events where tourists come or they isolate the tourist areas (example: Mexico, horrendous crime and corruption rate and a bustling tourist centre far from the crime-ridden cities). Nigeria doesn't have that yet.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Onegai(f): 9:23am On May 04, 2016
lawydewy:

It mustn't be during the festival along. Let's. create event,cultural and tourism centers. Where they can perform and recite symposiums.

a
money.
and drop something.
people in the bush.
gate.
and

This is a good idea and will work, only in Lagos and Abuja. Everywhere else is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm flexing in Jos and suddenly there's a religious riot. I'm flexing in Anambra and guess what, someone is burning down a mosque or Fulani Herdsmen are attacking. I'm flexing in Benue and Agatu comes up. I'm flexing in Warri and some militants (who.are actually nice to innocent people) smile at me and ask me to buy them drinks, so things don't get ugly. I'm driving around flexing in Lagos and a policeman flags me down...and keeps me there for 30 mins in the hope that I get pissed off and "settle" him just so i can continue my journey.

Which of those myriad problems has been solved before proclaiming the employment viability of Dressing masquerades?

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by permanentgrace(m): 9:23am On May 04, 2016
EgusiSoup:
undecided
What did Nigerians do to deserve this?
My brother, diz kain thing taya me walahi!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by phemmie06(m): 9:25am On May 04, 2016
Ghost01:
Nigerians and our attitude sha. There is nothing wrong with what Mr Mohammed said. He is only talking about the potentials of the country in terms of tourism. I must admit that the masquerade example he gave is quite funny, but then we can't throw away the baby with the water. And if the masquerades turn into big business, those dressing them will surely get paid for their troubles. Seasonal employment, yes, but employment all the same.
Hmmmmmmmm seasonal employment, seasonal income and after that starvation set in. Good idea abi.
Anyone supporting him should resign from his or her present work and show others how to do it.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by skymaxnig: 9:34am On May 04, 2016
lawydewy:

Nigerians are known for criticisms. I believe 90% will criticise him.

Creativity is the key.

some Nigerians are so wicked to the extent they don't want good for their country.

you better repent!!!!!!

It mustn't be during the festival events along.Every weekends at Tourism centers, cultural events can be organize for tourists.

heritage.
atleast once.
fire
you)
box.....
for
food.
a
money.
and drop something.
people in the bush.
gate.
and

Mr Lai Muhammed's ''Half a word is enough for the wise''.....
imagine what would have been said if it were said by a minister under GEJ

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by phemmie06(m): 9:37am On May 04, 2016
sademola:

Did you care to read the piece at all?
He made lots of sense and I concur. Arts & Culture can drive tourism and employment to higher heights
You don't need to support him online, go and stop whatever you earn your income from and practice this nothing is bad in tourism but not like masquerade. Erin ijesha water fall can be improved and invested on, ikogusi is there to name few.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Jennifer89(f): 9:42am On May 04, 2016
100 people to dress one masquerade? lalasticalala come and compile the names. Who is in group A?

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Ghost01(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2016
Onegai:

You cannot plan tourism without safety and infrastructure. So I'll be in a village in Enugu, taking pictures of dancing masquerades and Fulani Herdsmen attack. Or I'll fly into Benin City with my family to watch a festival and guess what, chronic fuel scarcity, my budget cannot cover the new hikes prices of transport. The only state that can reasonably do festivals is Lagos state because they use public holidays to provide free buses for people to watch them and it's relatively safe. South American countries with a high crime rate make sure they keep it down during events where tourists come or they isolate the tourist areas (example: Mexico, horrendous crime and corruption rate and a bustling tourist centre far from the crime-ridden cities). Nigeria doesn't have that yet.
You are very correct and even Mr Mohammed alluded to same with his submission that what Nigeria has are tourist sites and not tourist attraction centres, and he went on to give the examples of tourists having to bribe immigration officials at the airport and insecurity as challenges.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by 48noble(m): 9:53am On May 04, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Tourism if properly harnessed will be a major plus for the country.

Can Lai. send his son to be a masquarade?

Lol grin grin grin Chai...Lai Mohammed Na wa for you.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Ghost01(m): 9:56am On May 04, 2016
phemmie06:

Hmmmmmmmm seasonal employment, seasonal income and after that starvation set in. Good idea abi.
Anyone supporting him should resign from his or her present work and show others how to do it.
Oga, even farming can be a seasonal occupation. There ain't nothing wrong with it.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Fizzbizzie(m): 9:58am On May 04, 2016
The truth is improved tourism can help ease the issue of unemployment, Tunisia generates 70 percent of its revenue from tourism.. And Nigeria improving it's culture and tourism can help a lot.. That's the point we should be taking from his statements and not trying to criticize as if there is no sense at all in improving our culture and tourism
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by phemmie06(m): 10:30am On May 04, 2016
Ghost01:
Oga, even farming can be a seasonal occupation. There ain't nothing wrong with it.
I wonder why some people are brainwashed. cos they belong to a party. Farming is seasonal but not that there won't be a source of living for the farmers. Poultry farming is seasonal but that doesn't mean that no one will buy poultry products after the seasonal period
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by loomer: 10:40am On May 04, 2016
lawydewy:

a
money.
and drop something.
people in the bush.
gate.
and

Tourism u said, but all the things u mention na ways in which the locals go come spend money wey them no get in the first place.
Tourism wey no attract foreigners no be tourism na.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by Ghost01(m): 10:56am On May 04, 2016
phemmie06:

I wonder why some people are brainwashed. cos they belong to a party. Farming is seasonal but not that there won't be a source of living for the farmers. Poultry farming is seasonal but that doesn't mean that no one will buy poultry products after the seasonal period
Let's take those that are in events mgt for example, they are only fully occupied when they have an event to cater for. Same goes for a civil engineer, MCs, etc. So stop your one-way thinking and look at everything holistically. And what makes you think I belong to a party? People like you who only see things from the party angle contribute greatly to Nigeria's perpetually swim in the waters of underdevelopment.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by lawydewy(m): 10:58am On May 04, 2016
Onegai:

This is a good idea and will work, only in Lagos and Abuja. Everywhere else is a disaster waiting to happen. I'm flexing in Jos and suddenly there's a religious riot. I'm flexing in Anambra and guess what, someone is burning down a mosque or Fulani Herdsmen are attacking. I'm flexing in Benue and Agatu comes up. I'm flexing in Warri and some militants (who.are actually nice to innocent people) smile at me and ask me to buy them drinks, so things don't get ugly. I'm driving around flexing in Lagos and a policeman flags me down...and keeps me there for 30 mins in the hope that I get pissed off and "settle" him just so i can continue my journey.

Which of those myriad problems has been solved before proclaiming the employment viability of Dressing masquerades?

Thank you Madame!

He said the problem is security!

Read full version of the new.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by kutchs: 11:02am On May 04, 2016
And no investor would want to invest in a country with a one chance government.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by hifaif1: 11:05am On May 04, 2016
lawydewy:

a
money.
and drop something.
people in the bush.
gate.
and

One day, you will rule this country!!!

Bear this post in mind for future reference!!!

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by lawydewy(m): 11:10am On May 04, 2016
loomer:

Tourism u said, but all the things u mention na ways in which the locals go come spend money wey them no get in the first place.
Tourism wey no attract foreigners no be tourism na.

Did you do economics in secondary school?

Circulation of money!

I work hard and earn money, buy somethings from you.You too buy from the suppliers,save and flex from it. Banks make use of your money to business and return it back.

Money keep circulating within the country.

After a lot of hard work in a month,take your wife and children not your concubines to tourism centers and relax.

Oga you get side chic after your wife?

Hahabababahahaha!!!!!!

Rebrand the love by relaxing them and enjoy.
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by lawydewy(m): 11:22am On May 04, 2016
greatbrian:

Its easy. Go to your village and join the village masquerade team like he said......…..... And come back here to spill ur trash. Sycophant

Nigerians are known for criticisms. I believe 90% will
criticise him.
Creativity is the key.
some Nigerians are so wicked to the extent they don't
want good for their country.
you better repent!!!!!!
It mustn't be during the festival events along.Every
weekends at Tourism centers, cultural events can be
organize for tourists.
heritage.
atleast once.
fire
you)
box.....
for
food.
a
money.
and drop something.
people in the bush.
gate.
and

Mr Lai Muhammad's ''half a word is enough for the wise''
Re: Lai Mohammed: A Masquerade Can Create Jobs For 1,000 Men by lawydewy(m): 11:30am On May 04, 2016
iSlayer:
So this is the jobs being promised during campaigns. Countries are talking of development Liar Mohammed is talking of Masquerade. Crazy man!

Are we producing PENCILS in this country?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If You See Obasanjo When He Came Out Of Prison, You Wont Allow Him Sit..- Fayose / #RevolutionNow: 'Free Sowore' Protest In London (Photos) / Buhari, Family Under Fire For Breaching CBN Act, NCDC Guideline At Hanan Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.