Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,046 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:01 AM

Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu (13647 Views)

Legs Of Victim Of Enugu Attack Amputated. Photo / Enugu Attack Has Nothing To Do With Fulani - Police / Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by Pidggin(f): 9:06pm On May 03, 2016
Scores of people were slaughtered like Rams in Agatu and their sons and daughters kept mute. Is this not evidence of the value they place on the lives of their kindred? Na una sabi

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by iSlayer: 9:08pm On May 03, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
becos they are foolish ipod and ipad, always rant and wail over their foolishness
Change your moniker you're a beast

15 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by doublewisdom: 9:09pm On May 03, 2016
ShakaZullu:
[s][/s]
shatap
Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by 1Tkester: 9:14pm On May 03, 2016
[s]
omenka:
Already was leaving but had to respond to this. If folks chose to sound responsible like this, we can all have reasonable discussions here whether it has to do with criticism or commendation- it doesn't always have to be a mad house where everyone is shouting at the top of their voices and cursing.

Well, the thing is we all have our respective principles in life. Depending on who's judging, they can either be vice or virtue.

There are certain aspects of man's character which cannot be done away with, vis the desire for uniformity and group identity- it is ingrained in our DNA. What however isn't given to us all in equal measure is the power to control and suppress the urge to allow that identity be the major determinant of the judgements we make in life, the power of the mind to make one literally rise above oneself!!

Let me share a brief story with you:

Couple of weeks back I was going to the village from Makurdi with a friend. We stopped along the way at his inlaw's to grab lunch. Done, we got into our car, turned the key but the engine was totally non-responsive. Well, eventually, it came down to a burned out kickstarter. Had to leave the car there and use a public transport to complete the journey while it was being worked on.

In the vehicle we boarded were some Tiv men and some Igede men, my tribesmen (hope this puts to rest all that Omenka is Idoma crap). I understand Tiv a lot and speak it too. One of the Tiv men was narrating an incident of exam malpractice involving an Igede student to his friend (in Tiv language). He was apparently a lecturer and was so furious about what had happened, especially as the case was dropped at the behest of a much more senior staff of the institution who happened to be an Igede man as well!!

At some point, this man's phone rang and he also explained what had happened to the person at the other end of the line, and what official actions he's decided to take- saying he'd go as far as writing the Perm Sec of the ministry of education- he spoke in english this time. Now, this got the Igede guys talking. The fools (while speaking Igede) went on endlessly about how the man is taking the case too far, and that he only seeks to, and insist on holding the student to account because she is not Tiv!!

Can you believe that!!

What had happened didn't matter to them, all that mattered was the tribes of the people involved!! I was disgusted at the things they said (all of which I can't remember) and wondered if we can ever move forward as a nation with such warped mentality.

Now, that is what I believe that poster demands of me, being like those two brothers of mine, because according to her - "ethnicity comes first!"

Back to where we were- when you view what she said at the backdrop of events like this, you'd agree with me it is total madness. I can never be that sort of man.

Indeed, the interest of my people is very important when taking decisions, but I've over the years cultivated the character that makes me ensure that consideration never subsist over logic and reason- ditto religion.

That isn't politics, that is doing what is right.
That is who I am, that is who I'll always be.
[/s]

Trash!

18 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by iSlayer: 9:14pm On May 03, 2016
I don't like the bragging of my fellow Igbos here that Igbo lives are more "important". We've grown past this rubbish attitude. It's disgusting!

23 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by SeverusSnape(m): 9:17pm On May 03, 2016
iSlayer:
I don't like the bragging of my fellow Igbos here that Igbo lives are more "important". We've grown past this rubbish attitude. It's disgusting!

20 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by cedar3: 9:19pm On May 03, 2016
you know y?, because the word igbo means "I Go Before Others"

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by RockHard: 9:20pm On May 03, 2016
Balkan:
This is the only attack that the president had to talk.
It happened in Mile 12, Agatu, Delta where a king was killed and it happens in NC
everyday but no reactions from FG.

You don't touch any igbo community and it's left not talked about. Yorubas will hide their own. Falaye was kidnapped and buhari never said a word.

The life of one Igbo is worth more than thousands of other tribes.

Smh. Una sabi beat chest die. Chai!. lol. When Enugu farmers were being raped and killed on their farms some months ago (including a Chief who was butchered on his farm by herdsmen), nothing happened o. That was even before Agatu, Abia, Anambra herdsmen murders o cheesy. Enjoy your chest-beating jare. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by mightyhazel: 9:30pm On May 03, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
becos they are foolish ipod and ipad, always rant and wail over their foolishness
repent and be saved son

Jesus loves you!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by 1Tkester: 9:35pm On May 03, 2016
iSlayer:

Only one poster said that. What the majority of people are saying is just the simple truth which is that igbos were more proactive, very simple!
However, I still share your opinions.

I believe all lives are equal, except that of the BH.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by mightyhazel: 9:39pm On May 03, 2016
1Tkester:

How serious would you want it to be.
Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by iSlayer: 9:42pm On May 03, 2016
1Tkester:

Only one poster said that. What the majority of people are saying is just the simple truth which is that igbos were more proactive, very simple!
However, I still share your opinions.

I believe all lives are equal, except that of the BH.
We need to reduce this bragging,though we can back it up still it's becoming very disgusting. A man does not have to say he's a man all the time,in his own house.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by SonOfEl(m): 9:46pm On May 03, 2016
RockHard:

Smh. Una sabi beat chest die. Chai!. lol. When Enugu farmers were being raped and killed on their farms some months ago (including a Chief who was butchered on his farm by herdsmen), nothing happened o. That was even before Agatu, Abia, Anambra herdsmen murders o cheesy. Enjoy your chest-beating jare. grin

Must you reciprocate madness for madness? It makes you madder than the mad. Pls, keep abia out of your sorrow list...OK?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by omonnakoda: 9:46pm On May 03, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Enugu is the capital of eastern nigeria, an attack on enugu is an attack on 40million igbos.
This may be true but it is an emotional not an intellectual or pragmatic one.

The answer lies in the potential consequences. This is a greater threat to Nigeria's existence and the reason is the Igbos have a greater profile and voice,they have been brutalized in world view before and a repeat will not be tolerated by the world. In short they are more important. What is sad is they cannot leverage their importance because of political naivety .......... ,in political terms they are Learners.There is nothing wrong with that if they have the self awareness and humility to chart a new path. I wonder if there is an Igbo word for Humility

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by 1Tkester: 9:51pm On May 03, 2016
iSlayer:

We need to reduce this bragging,though we can back it up still it's becoming very disgusting. A man does not have to say he's a man all the time,in his own house.

I understand you 100%. Sometimes our people are forced to respond in some ways because of the uncivilized and uncouth attitude of the yari.bas. Well, I believe we shouldn't make jests with people's lives.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by SonOfEl(m): 9:52pm On May 03, 2016
omonnakoda:
This may be true but it is an emotional not an intellectual or pragmatic one.

The answer lies in the potential consequences. This is a greater threat to Nigeria's existence and the reason is the Igbos have a greater profile and voice,they have been brutalized in world view before and a repeat will not be tolerated by the world. In short they are more important. What is sad is they cannot leverage their importance because of political naivety .......... ,in political terms they are Learners.There is nothing wrong with that if they have the self awareness and humility to chart a new path. I wonder if there is an Igbo word for Humility

Learners? Or that we don't do jungle politics that is very typical of Nigeria? There are Igbo leaders and lawmakers in many parts of the world, even in Lagos... So its obvious your analysis is terribly skewed

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 03, 2016
rapistbuhari:
This is simple......

Who wan incur the wrath of warriors

The government don't want what befall the Nigerian army to repeat itself cool

nice comment.I like ur comment buh ur moniker though.BTW I no like buhari shaa.am a wailer#teamwailingwailers#

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by FloraMbachu(f): 9:59pm On May 03, 2016
1Tkester:

I understand you 100%. Sometimes our people are forced to respond in some ways because of the uncivilized and uncouth attitude of the yari.bas. Well, I believe we shouldn't make jests with people's lives.

Cant we have a meaningful discussion without denigrating other tribes? The handle Islayer just said the fact and you still beating your hairy chest while insulting those that have never harm us before. These fulani herdsmen beast have been killing us in Enugu for long, an Eze was butchered few months ago and some women raped in there farm, there was much noise on this one because of the media and not some trash you have been spewing.

Must we beat chest and brag with everything, this is shameful and disgusting. Tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by McTobe(m): 10:00pm On May 03, 2016
SonOfEl:
Nigeria minus Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani = Niger area.
u mean like water water efriwhere u go. The British guys won't be happy at all Dgrin;
Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:02pm On May 03, 2016
talktonase:
Carefully go through the news papers and social media.It is only news that have to do with the three major tribes in Nigeria that makes headlines then you will see Public figures from these major ethnic groups making a lot of hulla baloo about the matter.The rest of the tribes are an absolute minority.A state like plateau has suffered this fulani attacks for many years but as you know minority tribes dominate the state so nothing will happen.It is sad benue is feeling th pain now...
Its not a case of minority. Igbos are different and value their land and lives.
We just heard the 19 northern govs were angry that Fulani's are being fingered. I mean the governors of plateau, nasarawa, Benue, kogi ,kwara that have had their ppl dealt by Fulani's even participated in the show of shame. Igbos ain't like that

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by mightyhazel: 10:07pm On May 03, 2016
ShakaZullu:
[s][/s]
shatap
cheesy cheesy

Dat guy is pathetic!
Somtimes I wish I can wedge his big mouth with a plank or sth

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by omonnakoda: 10:09pm On May 03, 2016
SonOfEl:

Learners? Or that we don't do jungle politics that is very typical of Nigeria? There are Igbo leaders and lawmakers in many parts of the world, even in Lagos... So its obvious your analysis is terribly skewed
You are typical of Igbos ,you shun the truth about yourselves. Not everyone who tells the truth is your enemy and then who is perfect.
The Yoruba have a proverb "Kini kan ba Ajao je,Apa re gun ju ese re lo"

i.e one tin spoil Ajao(an ape) its arms are longer than its legs . In short Ajao would have been PERFECT but for this one defect. We ALL have long arms in different ways.
Andy Uba ,his brother Chris ,Theodore Orji are Igbos.There is little that is urbane about their politics.

The Igbos were never organized politically beyond the village or clan level by the time Nigeria was created ,they are essentially villagers. Again there is nothing wrong with that essentially but that presents its own weaknesses within the context of Nigeria.
The Igbos have no experience of real or determined aggression from outsiders, to the best of our knowledge they never fought anyone or faced existential threats from outside and so have not learnt the humility ,adaptability and maneuvering skills necessary for that. They are full of a staggeringly naive hubris that is quite infantile to outsiders especially when juxtaposed to their other lofty achievements.That in summary is ,the LONG ARM of the Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by McTobe(m): 10:11pm On May 03, 2016
CSTR2:
FOR starters, I expected ekweremadu to lobby the rest of the PDP bloc to shut down the Senate, refuse to ratify the budget, until the President pay a personal visit to Enugu, promising the people that such would not repeat itself, ever again.
That is how it is done in the civilized world. As a matter of fact, ekweremadu would have lost his seat in some countries.
But then losing his seat would be inimical to Igbo interests, given the kind of politics played there.
A politically sagacious Diplomat spotted, I can always tell when I see one

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by OneNaira5: 10:11pm On May 03, 2016
FloraMbachu:

Cant we have a meaningful discussion without denigrating other tribes? The handle Islayer just said the fact and you still beating your hairy chest while insulting those that have never harm us before. These fulani herdsmen beast have been killing us in Enugu for long, an Eze was butchered few months ago and some women raped in there farm, there was much noise on this one because of the media and not some trash you have been spewing.

Must we beat chest and brag with everything, this is shameful and disgusting. Tufiakwa

Will you shut up. What they said is right. The truth is bitter. Some people value their people's life more than others. Everything you just wrote happened in Yoloba land as well done by fulani herdsmen but did you hear any yoloba leader speak on it or even address it?

During the years southerners were murdered up north, weren't the yoloba pretending their people aren't among those killed despite the repeated yoloba names among the victims? Likewise, the same thing happened in south Africa xenophobia attack.

Infact, last month, they discovered a forest, called soka forest, filled with bodies of deceased. The indigenous of that land narrated that the culprits are fulani herdsmen but yet the yoloba leaders ignored their claims as well as marked it as "ritualist den" in effort to still stay in the good light of Buhari as they fight for presidency from GEJ ..that speaks volume.

As I said, some people value the lives of their people more. The benue as well as yoloba leaders proved it to me.

17 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by zolajpower: 10:13pm On May 03, 2016
SUPERPACK:
Enugu is the capital of eastern nigeria, an attack on enugu is an attack on 40million igbos.
aside that violence between the east and north which dated back to the time of aguyi irosi can as well be seen as the reason why it should be taken seriously . the agatu people are just a small fraction of Benue state while attack on a small fraction of Enugu is an attack on all the IBO land . the Biafra civil war was a perfect example ,the few nothern elite killed by the coup master mind led to the reprisal attack on the eastern president aguyi ironsi .
Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by omonnakoda: 10:15pm On May 03, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Its not a case of minority. Igbos are different and value their land and lives.
We just heard the 19 northern govs were angry that Fulani's are being fingered. I mean the governors of plateau, nasarawa, Benue, kogi ,kwara that have had their ppl dealt by Fulani's even participated in the show of shame. Igbos ain't like that
Please open a dictionary and check the meaning of the word manipulated
Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by OneNaira5: 10:16pm On May 03, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are typical of Igbos ,you shun the truth about yourselves. Not everyone who tells the truth is your enemy and then who is perfect.
The Yoruba have a proverb "Kini kan ba Ajao je,Apa re gun ju ese re lo"

i.e one tin spoil Ajao(an ape) its arms are longer than its legs . In short Ajao would have been PERFECT but for this one defect. We ALL have long arms in different ways.
Andy Uba ,his brother Chris ,Theodore Orji are Igbos.There is little that is urbane about their politics.

The Igbos were never organized politically beyond the village or clan level by the time Nigeria was created ,they are essentially villagers. Again there is nothing wrong with that essentially but that presents its own weaknesses within the context of Nigeria.
The Igbos have no experience of real or determined aggression from outsiders, to the best of our knowledge they never fought anyone or faced existential threats from outside and so have not learnt the humility ,adaptability and maneuvering skills necessary for that. They are full of a staggeringly naive hubris that is quite infantile to outsiders especially when juxtaposed to their other lofty achievements.That in summary is ,the LONG ARM of the Igbos

Your Nigeria politics, no matter how you slice it and dice it, is exactly what he said..it's nothing but a jungle politics. Even high school politics in America is more poilitical savvy than Nigeria. The only way to progress in the politics of that nation is to lick the ass of North, well some refuse to be like yoloba by belittling themselves in playing slave to the north just for crumps. It is pathetic!!!

Hence most igbo politicians outside of Nigeria fare very well in their adopted nation...that alone demolishes whatever crap you wrote up there

15 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by FloraMbachu(f): 10:17pm On May 03, 2016
[s]
OneNaira5:

Will you shut up. What they said is right. The truth is bitter. Some people value their people's life more than others. Everything you just wrote happened in Yoloba land as well done by fulani herdsmen but did you hear any yoloba leader speak on it or even address it?

During the years southerners were murdered up north, weren't the yoloba pretending their people aren't among those killed despite the repeated yoloba names among the victims? Likewise, the same thing happened in south Africa xenophobia attack.

Infact, last month, they discovered a forest, called soka forest, filled with bodies of deceased. The indigenous of that land narrated that the culprits are fulani herdsmen but yet the yoloba leaders ignored their claims as well as marked it as "ritualist den" in effort to still stay in the good light of Buhari as they fight for presidency from GEJ ..that speaks volume.

As I said, some people value the lives of their people more. The benue as well as yoloba leaders proved it to me.
[/s]

The only thing you do here is to make noise and insult people, got no time for kids that waste there pathetic life screaming and doing online tribal wars. You always angry, sad and dejected. It says more about your upbringing, read the trash you wrote up there again and tell me how it correllates with my post. Sorry, I dont do kids chest beating and noise making. Go look for your set.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by omonnakoda: 10:18pm On May 03, 2016
OneNaira5:

Your Nigeria politics, no matter how you slice it and dice it, us exactly what he said..it's nothing but a jungle politics. Even high school politics in America is more oilitical savvy than Nigeria. The only way to progress in that politics is to lick the ass of North, we'll some refuse to be like yoloba by belittling themselves in playing slave for the north just for crumps. It is pathetic!!!

Hence most igbo politicians outside of Nigeria fare very well in their adopted nation...that alone demolishes whatever crap you wrote up there
This is a market of opinions. Happy trading
Facts are stubborn..........
1960 Balewa Zik
1965 Balewa Zik
1979 Shagari Zik Ekwueme
1983 Shagari Zik Ekwueme (Ojukwu joined them)

On EACH AND EVERY of these occasions

the Yoruba led by Awo were IN OPPOSITION

so if you are looking for ASSLICKERS you know where to look

Will the real asslickers please stand up

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:20pm On May 03, 2016
omonnakoda:
Please open a dictionary and check the meaning of the word manipulated
I wrote finger.ed , they changed it to manipulated

1 Like

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by BlackTechnology: 10:21pm On May 03, 2016
talktonase:
Carefully go through the news papers and social media.It is only news that have to do with the three major tribes in Nigeria that makes headlines then you will see Public figures from these major ethnic groups making a lot of hulla baloo about the matter.The rest of the tribes are an absolute minority.A state like plateau has suffered this fulani attacks for many years but as you know minority tribes dominate the state so nothing will happen.It is sad benue is feeling th pain now...

Not true.

Fulani herdsmen terrorism is a perfect justification for Biafra which the Igbos dearly desire.

The minorities on the other hand will do anything to see Nigeria one even if all of them are killed by Fulani herdsmen .

For this reason, Nigerians will do anything not to give the Igbos a justification for Biafra

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Enugu Attack Been Taken More Seriously Than Agatu by OneNaira5: 10:25pm On May 03, 2016
OP the answer is your leaders and in some extent your people.

Nigerian leaders are useless, every one of them, including the slaves in Igboland that calls themselves politicians. Your leader was too slow to react that's why the info didn't spreas.

Unfortunately for you guys,,you don't have the social media prowess. The only reason the Enugu massacre became a high topic is because of the people. The first to announce it was IPOB and they exaggerated the numbers. Let's be real, IPOB is not only fighting the FG, but also ohaneze, the governors of Igboland, billie, etc so obviously seeing their figures they gave, that forced the leaders to research if what they say is accurately and not a "propaganda" by IPOB. I believe that initial start was what it popular. Also considering massob and ipob were attacking the enugu governor for not defending his state and he had to come out to defend himself. By putting the police under the bus, they had to come out and defend themselves. By the police putting the FG under bus, they had to come out and defend itself. In addition, considering the non consistent write up about the attack, each media had to keep correctly their wrote up.

That's what I believed made the enugu attack more popular that Agatu

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Price Of Kerosene Increases To Over ₦800/Litre / Why APC Is Interested In Anambra— Okorocha / Peter Obi's Children's Day Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.