Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99425 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by FuckYouMods: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:
Only when I am broke! angry
Good evening!
Happy sunday
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by martyns303(m): 9:26am On Aug 01, 2016
FuckYouMods:
Good evening sir...
Happy sunday

Hey
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mostyg(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2016
FuckYouMods:
Good evening sir...
Happy sunday

ok
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2016
Depression rate is on a sharp rise following the decline in outdoor activities in this part of the world. People stay glued to their phones all day nowadays. So many young people you see out there are just buying time. Forget about the fake smiles, most of them are worn out psychologically.

Please learn to say hello and ask people around you how they are doing. Engage them in brief warm chats. Indeed, in the midst of multitude, many are actually lonely.

Please reach out to as many young as you can in your immediate environment. smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by depressedgurl: 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
I tried to download the book but it has expired. Can anyone else please share this with me?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by onegig(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2016
depressedgurl:
I tried to download the book but it has expired. Can anyone else please share this with me?

And why such a negative id?

Seems like you like to remind yourself of that fact even though it migjt not be true.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by udysweet(f): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
mastermaestro:
Depression rate is on a sharp rise following the decline in outdoor activities in this part of the world. People stay glued to their phones all day nowadays. So many young people you see out there are just buying time. Forget about the fake smiles, most of them are worn out psychologically.

Please learn to say hello and ask people around you how they are doing. Engage them in brief warm chats. Indeed, in the midst of multitude, many are actually lonely.

Please reach out to as many young as you can in your immediate environment. smiley
So true, and describes my present situation. Sometimes you badly need to talk with someone, who sees through you right to your soul but can't find one when you want. Depression is a bad thing , I pray never to consider suicide as an option, may my case not get to that stage.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2016
udysweet:

So true, and describes my present situation. Sometimes you badly need to talk with someone, who sees through you right to your soul but can't find one when you want. Depression is a bad thing , I pray never to consider suicide as an option, may my case not get to that stage.

Depression could take its toll on you if you didn't arrest it on time. Do you have people around you with whom you enjoy close warm chats and discussions? This could help a great deal.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by udysweet(f): 6:14am On Aug 27, 2016
That's the thing,I don't . Recently just came back from a two weeks trip because I needed change of environment\location and felt a bit better those period. But now bck to my old self again. Mostly by my fone,jus to relieve myself. I hv friends tho a handful but not all you can alway be able to talk to and not all Would have ur time. Talk about been alone and lonely cry
I want to invest time in reading books now,if I can train my mind on it and not have my thots wander away. I would love to read the book that was mentioned here too
mastermaestro:

Depression could take its toll on you if you didn't arrest it on time. Do you have people around you with whom you enjoy close warm chats and discussions? This could help a great deal.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 11:30am On Aug 27, 2016
udysweet:
That's the thing,I don't . Recently just came back from a two weeks trip because I needed change of environment\location and felt a bit better those period. But now bck to my old self again. Mostly by my fone,jus to relieve myself. I hv friends tho a handful but not all you can alway be able to talk to and not all Would have ur time. Talk about been alone and lonely cry
I want to invest time in reading books now,if I can train my mind on it and not have my thots wander away. I would love to read the book that was mentioned here too

Resorting to reading books alone could actually drive you farther away from reality and deepen your depression. Too much reading detaches one away from everyday life. You would become a solitary figure. As for me, I am an avid reader. This nearly drove me into serious loneliness and separated me from real life activities with family and friends. But after I while I started fighting it by engaging in outdoor activities. I enjoy a lot of games outdoors. In fact once I hear the sound of football when I get home in the evening, I immediately go locate the place and join them in the game. grin This is how I stay happy and connected to people in my environment.

Outdoor recreational activity is the most effective cure to depression and loneliness. You would erroneously think that being in a love relationship would solve it. No it wouldn't. You should also learn to visit people. Discuss and spend good time with them. smiley Once in a while I go swimming just to break away from everyday routine. It refreshes my body, soul and mind. wink

Hanging onto your phone all day can damage you emotionally. You may no longer be able to cope with, manage properly and enjoy face to face rapport. That's why some people are always impatient; they want to go home, they want to be left alone for no real reasons.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by udysweet(f): 4:34am On Aug 28, 2016
mastermaestro:

Resorting to reading books alone could actually drive you farther away from reality and deepen your depression. Too much reading detaches one away from everyday life. You would become a solitary figure. As for me, I am an avid reader. This nearly drove me into serious loneliness and separated me from real life activities with family and friends. But after I while I started fighting it by engaging in outdoor activities. I enjoy a lot of games outdoors. In fact once I hear the sound of football when I get home in the evening, I immediately go locate the place and join them in the game. grin This is how I stay happy and connected to people in my environment.

Outdoor recreational activity is the most effective cure to depression and loneliness. You would erroneously think that being in a love relationship would solve it. No it wouldn't. You should also learn to visit people. Discuss and spend good time with them. smiley Once in a while I go swimming just to break away from everyday routine. It refreshes my body, soul and mind. wink

Hanging onto your phone all day can damage you emotionally. You may no longer be able to cope with, manage properly and enjoy face to face rapport. That's why some people are always impatient; they want to go home, they want to be left alone for no real reasons.

You have described me to an extent, here grin
I don't know how to swim and have phobia for water o.
Love life is zero, in fact I won't go there for now, lol. The visiting aspect, I don't really have much people around me I can visit else I would feel better, also not all are on the same page as I am. If I can't read like you said, I can read my Bible sha abi?
Thanks so much for all efforts in replying and encouraging me, I'm grateful smiley
Happy Sunday

3 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by just2okworld(f): 10:49am On Aug 29, 2016
mastermaestro:

Thanks for this
You just saved a soul
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
udysweet:

You have described me to an extent, here grin
I don't know how to swim and have phobia for water o.
Love life is zero, in fact I won't go there for now, lol. The visiting aspect, I don't really have much people around me I can visit else I would feel better, also not all are on the same page as I am. If I can't read like you said, I can read my Bible sha abi?
Thanks so much for all efforts in replying and encouraging me, I'm grateful smiley
Happy Sunday

Of course the Bible is the greatest Book of hope known to mankind. smiley I wake up and sleep with mine. wink

You could also take up a volunteer role in church if you've got the time. I am a church dude. wink Active participation in church running and administration is magical. It's undiluted antidepressant. smiley Very effective. It's one cheap source of lasting joy. In addition it teaches you friendliness and warmth, and even how to stoop low to people of little standing (class). Today I can relate to all classes of people, all thanks to youth fellowship and church management.

The friends that have remained in my life today, I met them in church. My best friends from school are gone with the wind. cheesy

Lastly, try to make a few jokes when with people. Smile too. People would naturally avoid you when your looks aren't warm enough. I changed this about myself over time. Growing up, nobody would dare come close unless you had something very important to tell me. grin But today, it's considerably different. Not perfect, but far better and more friendly. wink I could start a conversation with just anybody, male or female. No more dulling. Life is beautiful if you want it so.

Have a lovely week! smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
just2okworld:

Thanks for this
You just saved a soul

It's my pleasure. Have a lovely week ahead! smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by peggycious(f): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
Please where can I get the book?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by AlfaAce(m): 11:25am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by OFides: 9:52am On Sep 08, 2016
Please, here's one more person begging you to hang on, we're not giving up on YOU..
I'm very sure that in your own way you're special, and the world needs you for something, heck! There might even be someone who looks up to you.
Please hang in there..
Plus, you can speak with someone who can get back in touch with reality and walk with you through this period..and you don't have to pay anything.
Please, just check this website and book a session:
http://jacknjillive.com/therapy/
I'll be glad to hear that you did and you've bounced back!
Cheers!

bemagnify:
the world will soon los anoda persn....even if am not important to the world,,,, well atleast my post on nairaland will serve as an evidence...no humanity on earth wana help me achiev my dreams...i swear i av lost touch to reality rip in advance to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Neolah(f): 11:37am On Sep 09, 2016
olivegirl:
Depression is not a play, there is something that caused it, patients should always work on things that depress them. I learnt that major cause of depression is inability to balance spiritual visions and reality.

Depression has been in africa but we belief its a taboo hardly do we think of it. But now nija full for social media, oyibo things all photocopied
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by HMZi: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2016
Tried it once,took a boatload of really strong sleeping pills and vicodon.....
.shud av died but woke up...at that point i became stronger and knew there wr bigger tinz meant 4 me to achieve....still get depressed now and then,i just use music to ward it off......pipo dnt understand that it can b dat bad..

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by amicableSavage: 9:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
pls i need someone to advice me on a personal issue about my relationship
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 11:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
amicableSavage:
pls i need someone to advice me on a personal issue about my relationship

I could be of help. What exactly is the matter? Let's talk. smiley
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by mastermaestro(m): 11:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
HMZi:
Tried it once,took a boatload of really strong sleeping pills and vicodon.....
.shud av died but woke up...at that point i became stronger and knew there wr bigger tinz meant 4 me to achieve....still get depressed now and then,i just use music to ward it off......pipo dnt understand that it can b dat bad..

Thanks to GOD for lengthening your days! You've got something the world yearns for. Heaven couldn't let you go so early without impacting your generation to the fullest. Get involved in volunteer work. It heals one of depression. Church involvement especially does the magic.

Stay alive, you mean a lot to someone somewhere.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by HMZi: 8:49am On Sep 14, 2016
mastermaestro:

Thanks to GOD for lengthening your days! You've got something the world yearns for. Heaven couldn't let you go so early without impacting your generation to the fullest. Get involved in volunteer work. It heals one of depression. Church involvement especially does the magic.

Stay alive, you mean a lot to someone somewhere.
thanks
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Baloguncred(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
I'm use to depression when I'm broke or in an emotional situation or when my age mate achievement got to my mum of which I'm yet to make an impact.

Now, I'm even highly depressed due to past failed projects I never succeeded on.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by hopeless28(f): 6:45am On Sep 16, 2016
Waking up each day is no longer my wish anymore, as I'm tired of living

Nothing seems to work for me again, family turned their backs against me,even the love of my life no longer keeps in touch like before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I just want to escape from this world and bury my shame

Frustrated and hopeless
Suicide on my mind
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by hopeless28(f): 7:23am On Sep 16, 2016
Baloguncred:
I'm use to depression when I'm broke or in an emotional situation or when my age mate achievement got to my mum of which I'm yet to make an impact.

Now, I'm even highly depressed due to past failed projects I never succeeded on.

The same thing happening to me
I just wanna find a fast escape route before things go out of hand
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Baloguncred(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopeless28:

The same thing happening to me
I just wanna find a fast escape route before things go out of hand

I have think over it for 3 months now, suicide seems not to be the solution. I'm the one still providing for my mum, also being the first born. I'm yet to get a degree. The economy isn't helping in my situation.

I'm mostly depressed in the morning which is unbearable.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Baloguncred(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopeless28:
Waking up each day is no longer my wish anymore, as I'm tired of living

Nothing seems to work for me again, family turned their backs against me,even the love of my life no longer keeps in touch like before lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I just want to escape from this world and bury my shame

Frustrated and hopeless
Suicide on my mind

Please don't. Sometimes, I don't have the mental strenght over mine. I just cry like a new born baby. Loss of apetite is another worry. I just don't want to die for the sake of love ones. May God Almighty help us.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by hopeless28(f): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
Baloguncred:

Please don't. Sometimes, I don't have the mental strenght over mine. I just cry like a new born baby. Loss of apetite is another worry. I just don't want to die for the sake of love ones. May God Almighty help us.

Same here with me,I hardly eat these days,I've lost weight and looks so malnourished, why should I keep eating in my parents house when I know what my mates are doing for good?
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Baloguncred(m): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
hopeless28:

Same here with me,I hardly eat these days,I've lost weight and looks so malnourished, why should I keep eating in my parents house when I know what my mates are doing for good?
It will all be in the past as someone rightly said. Time heals but mine was just too painful. I've never thought I will be in such situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Nana's Baby Essentials : Baby Shop in Lagos. / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.