Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? (99440 Views)

Is This What Being A Supportive Husband Means Or Just Plain Stupidity? / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Yoyostic: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
pcguru1:
Today am just feeling burnt out and not feeling work lately, for the past 1 month been idle, I think am just gonna resign next year beginning, I just feel empty at the office. Motivation has gone. cry at least I still have enough aide jobs to keep me distracted from being depressed.
I feel you.Why not look for something you love doing to keep you occupied aside youe job?It could be learning a new skill or somethin.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by SimpleBea(m): 7:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
Yoyostic:
Sorry about your plight.Why not look for menial jobs you can do part time?Dont give up,alway have a mental picture of the bright future that awaits you when this battle is over.
Thanks sir.
I am trying again next year
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by weccotech(f): 8:07pm On Oct 25, 2017
UKmigrant:
So you are certain beyond any iota of doubt that her problem is an endocrine one, you diagnosed this via the Internet! I hail thee! So endocrinologists now treat depression. I am sure the Prof. didn't send you this message you're spreading.

I look forward to chronicle my journey towards my healing to help people who see suicide as last resort to depression. As said earlier, depression is real; it can be caused by many things ranging from nutritional imbalances, detoxification pathway problems, hormonal imbalances, toxins from environmental pollution among many other reasons. The most important thing is that it is treatable.

My visit to the mentioned center was where I got the underlying reason for my problem. The rest is now story.

I want to advice you that once information like this is posted, you can do yourself good by using Google to authenticate such information. Did you read about the detoxification center? Did you read about the works of the professor at the center? Did you read what other people have to say about their own story or experience at the center? Did you put a call through to make an enquiry of how they can help you with your health condition if you are depressed.

We are in the Information Age. Please look for fact and authenticity of information before you bring people down. Thanks and have a good night rest.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by weccotech(f): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
Yoyostic:
I feel you.Why not look for something you love doing to keep you occupied aside youe job?It could be learning a new skill or somethin.

Sorry, if I may ask? How is your sleep pattern? Do you feel fatigued or tired all the time? Do you have flu- like symptoms? Do you react to smokes, perfumes and its likes? Do you feel tired early in the day but start to get your groove back towards the evening?

Lack of motivation or disinterest in life things or matters is an hall mark of depression.

I often advice people to start to fight depression from their diet. Hypoglycaemia and carbohydrate intolerance will cause depression in some people and simply controlling your dietary carbohydrate intake will help some - I mean some.

As per diet too, eating a food you are allergic to will cause depression in some people. The major culprits include egg, groundnut - if I eat this, I dehydrate like hell, diary product - milk, wheat because of the gluten present in it - coeliac disease, corn, food colouring and additives, caffeine and other stimulants, acidic foods or some other classes of foods.

Start with your dietary changes first and see if there is any improvement in your mood.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 3:38am On Oct 31, 2017
Hello, what does anyone here know about blocking of memories. I think I have blocked this memory involuntarily. It was a child abuse memory. I remember it but not well, and some other abuse memory that I have seriously forgotten except I think hard.
Also it's not easy being African and gay or bisexual. Sought spiritual advice on the bisexual but it's not working. Someone even said demons, and to pray but that has not worked. With the daydreaming and this bisexual orientation I'm so bleeped up now. My sis is unto me, monitoring my movement and social media activity. If she finds out about my boyfriend, I'm so gone.
Ahh, stupid life. When is bros J coming abeg, it's just so much to handle. I'm not trying suicide again, but it's just so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 31, 2017
sunshineR:

shocked shocked shocked
is this for real? sad

you're always displaying a bold cheerful font and this is hard to believe sad sad

Almost all bold, cheerful front like you put it is a cover. From my experience, I know. I put on these fronts but actually dead on the inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ayobarmy(m): 5:41am On Nov 03, 2017
Hi Good people.
I have something bothering me since 2days ago,... It's about my boss, we've been having issues lately because he is the "i no go gree type" and me self no dey like make someone infringe on my right,... fast forward to 2days ago, i went to his office to remind him about our discussion concerning my pay rise, but he said he cannot do what i was asking for, and i told him that i will not continue working on my old salary. I then turn back to leave his office, as i approached the door, he rushed out of his seat and started pulling my cloth that i will not leave, but as a Lagos guy wey i be, i pulled him outside his office towards the stir ways, but he refused to leave me until he tore my fine shirt. If not for God i would have beat him and i knew his health condition, so i just managed to get his hands Off my shirt and ran away..... To my greatest surprise he called me the next day, apologising that he has realised his mistake that i should come back and work.....
My problem now is, i have so many questions running trough my head, like what if he is planning another attack, what if i worked and he refused to pay my salary, etc.......
Nairalanders pls help me get out of this..... Thanks
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gidjah(m): 12:58am On Nov 06, 2017
Try not get into any scuffle with your boss, no matter the circumstance.if he has slipped Tru the stair case (while you both were dragging)that day and suddenly died of heart attack,do you think you will be here writhing this now?.pls give him a long space and if you know you won't be able to handle him in the nearest future,then humbly resign the job and look else were.hope , dosent have I'll plans towards you at last coz the way I see it you both are heady individuals and your end can not be much expected to be positive. Pls thread over his matter softly and if need be give him his space,you should kindly resign t'he job not: make trouble to leave
ayobarmy:
Hi Good people.
I have something bothering me since 2days ago,... It's about my boss, we've been having issues lately because he is the "i no go gree type" and me self no dey like make someone infringe on my right,... fast forward to 2days ago, i went to his office to remind him about our discussion concerning my pay rise, but he said he cannot do what i was asking for, and i told him that i will not continue working on my old salary. I then turn back to leave his office, as i approached the door, he rushed out of his seat and started pulling my cloth that i will not leave, but as a Lagos guy wey i be, i pulled him outside his office towards the stir ways, but he refused to leave me until he tore my fine shirt. If not for God i would have beat him and i knew his health condition, so i just managed to get his hands Off my shirt and ran away..... To my greatest surprise he called me the next day, apologising that he has realised his mistake that i should come back and work.....
My problem now is, i have so many questions running trough my head, like what if he is planning another attack, what if i worked and he refused to pay my salary, etc.......
Nairalanders pls help me get out of this..... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by ayobarmy(m): 4:56am On Nov 06, 2017
gidjah:
Try not get into any scuffle with your boss, no matter the circumstance.if he has slipped Tru the stair case (while you both were dragging)that day and suddenly died of heart attack,do you think you will be here writhing this now?.pls give him a long space and if you know you won't be able to handle him in the nearest future,then humbly resign the job and look else were.hope , dosent have I'll plans towards you at last coz the way I see it you both are heady individuals and your end can not be much expected to be positive. Pls thread over his matter softly and if need be give him his space,you should kindly resign t'he job not: make trouble to leave

Thanks and God bless u.... U have spoken very well and i appreciate....
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by gidjah(m): 9:08am On Nov 06, 2017
Welcome sir
ayobarmy:

Thanks and God bless u.... U have spoken very well and i appreciate....
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by austine4real(m): 9:26am On Nov 07, 2017
wa oooo....Satan visited me and asked me: "How far?.. I told him: "I thank God for everything..." He laughed me to scorn.. He said what on earth shld I thank God for?... He showed me my mates who are living inside mansions, and I said hahaaa and I showed him my mates who are also inside d grave... He showed me some of my mates who are inside d costliest cars in town... I also showed him some of my mates who are inside d costliest caskets in town... He showed me d fat bank account of some of my friends... And I showed him d hospital bills of some others who are terribly sick... He took me to boutiques, to show me those who are dressed with d most expensive designer clothings ... I took him to d prisons and cells scattered all over d country..and I showed him guys who were accused innocently who have been there for many years...Even their loved ones has forgotten dem there... Satan felt broken and wanted to leave me alone... But i told him to follow me to just one place... I took him to d mortuary and I now showed him many of my mates who are lying down there naked and dead ... He could not say anything again... He left me and ran away... Friends, don't let anything get u depressed...u are not a mistake,u are not an accident no matter what has happened to u or how bad u think u are faring in life... There is always something God is doing in ur life that ur enemy are envying.... U can't withdraw ur own money from ur bank without ur ATM card or bank slip... The Bible said that with joy we shall DRAW from d wells of salvation... There are many things to draw from God...and thank him still for in ur life...JOY is ur ATM card ... Without JOY,u will draw nothing... That is why Nehemiah, in d midst of battles, he was able to say: "The joy of d Lord is my strength..." Beloved God might not have done everything... But he has done many things... If only u knew how much evil and shame that the Lord has spared you from in the past 10 months you will appreciate God for what you are today... To him that is joined to the living, there is hope....For a living dog is better than a dead lion. Be thoughtful, be thankful... David understood this and he said... "If it has not been the Lord who was on our side, they would have swallowed me up quick when their anger was kindled against us... But our souls as a bird has escaped the snare of d fowler..." Today, if u are really grateful just share this chat and let others know that its true that God has shamed the devil in his/her life. Remember what are today is not the final.....God is preparing something bigger always......Rejoice!!!..

3 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nickie277: 5:14am On Nov 11, 2017
Good day my friends, I'd like to remain anonymous because a lot of people here knows me personally but don't know what I'm going through.
I'm a young lady, with a first degree certificate, searched for a job but to no avail, I've been doing one petty business or the other, trying to make ends meet, I had a child while in school, my parents and family feel that because of this, I deserve to receive nothing from them. Long story.
My problem is that I want to open a little fast food shop in my area, I'm squatting with a married friend. You can imagine... I need a little assistance to be able to open the fast food shop. My calculation gave me a budget of $300. So I can raise cash for house rent and pay my baby's school fees. She's going to register for her Waec, and they said it will close on 16th of next month. I really don't know what to do. Please, do this for the sake of humanity, and God will reward you abundantly. I'm ready to work hard to raise my baby, please help me.
I'm going to drop my btc wallet address for a little token, as little as $2 will go a long way.
God bless you abundantly. Amen

My btc wallet address:

1LTi1f4fC7GHMP5R6RkGinjsxEVVAcGpRa
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2017
Nickie277:
Good day my friends, I'd like to remain anonymous because a lot of people here knows me personally but don't know what I'm going through.
I'm a young lady, with a first degree certificate, searched for a job but to no avail, I've been doing one petty business or the other, trying to make ends meet, I had a child while in school, my parents and family feel that because of this, I deserve to receive nothing from them. Long story.
My problem is that I want to open a little fast food shop in my area, I'm squatting with a married friend. You can imagine... I need a little assistance to be able to open the fast food shop. My calculation gave me a budget of $300. So I can raise cash for house rent and pay my baby's school fees. She's going to register for her Waec, and they said it will close on 16th of next month. I really don't know what to do. Please, do this for the sake of humanity, and God will reward you abundantly. I'm ready to work hard to raise my baby, please help me.
I'm going to drop my btc wallet address for a little token, as little as $2 will go a long way.
God bless you abundantly. Amen

My btc wallet address:

1LTi1f4fC7GHMP5R6RkGinjsxEVVAcGpRa

I don't want to bad mouth anyone, but this sure sounds like a scam.

You are requesting for Dollars, looks like you are in the US. Isn't it proper that the government take care of your child? Or perhaps Father offers child support payment.

My problem is that I want to open a little fast food shop in my area Do you even have license to open a fast food cafeteria ?

This post os just shady!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nickie277: 8:39am On Nov 11, 2017
truthsayer009:

I don't want to bad mouth anyone, but this sure sounds like a scam.

You are requesting for Dollars, looks like you are in the US. Isn't it proper that the government take care of your child? Or perhaps Father offers child support payment.

My problem is that I want to open a little fast food shop in my area Do you even have license to open a fast food cafeteria ?

This post os just shady!

NOTE my post sir, I'm trying my hardest to remain anonymous, and I couldn't put my bank details. You really don't have to reason this way, everything doesn't have to be a scam. Some of us don't have the words to express what we're going through. Please, don't be the stumbling block to my help. I'm begging you in God's name.
I mentioned dollars because I'm dropping a bitcoin address. I live in ibadan. Thanks for the response tho, bless you.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
I thought I was getting better. I am not!! I just finished a bottle of NyQuil and I don't want to die. I have already tried suicide with almost same drugs. Oh God!! I'm so done.
I don't know what to do. I seriously thought I was getting better.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by COOL10(m): 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by COOL10(m): 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2017
Arondizuogu:
I thought I was getting better. I am not!! I just finished a bottle of NyQuil and I don't want to die. I have already tried suicide with almost same drugs. Oh God!! I'm so done.
I don't know what to do. I seriously thought I was getting better.
. Just hold on. I don't know what the future holds for you but things do get better. I'm also in a deep hole,u'll see if u read my comment above but hold on bro.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by edrys(m): 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
COOL10:
I'm gonna go out 2mao to find the perfect place for a self induced demise.
I may not be in your shoes Bro, but know that taking ones life is not the end of life woes. You are also someone's strength and joy, don't bring unending sadness to that person's heart.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by COOL10(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
edrys:

I may not be in your shoes Bro, but know that taking ones life is not the end of life woes. You are also someone's strength and joy, don't bring unending sadness to that person's heart.
. You know, I doubt that. The only reason I'll be missed is because of their own personal gratification(I am an only son and that will make them regret a lot of things due to cultural beliefs). My mum who u'd expect to be by me, sides with them every opportunity she gets even when they're wrong just because they're older. I care so much about others that I begin to wonder where to draw the line and care for myself. I get ur point though. Thanks
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2017
COOL10:
. Just hold on. I don't know what the future holds for you but things do get better. I'm also in a deep hole,u'll see if u read my comment above but hold on bro.

I really thought I was getting better. Yesterday and this morning was so overwhelming. I haven't felt like this in months. The strange desire to end it all came again. Currently talking to my counselor. OMG. I never want to feel this way again.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2017
No one can't be simple depressed (at least from the perspective of them).

I've my own big reasons or evidences to be depressed.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by COOL10(m): 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
Arondizuogu:

I really thought I was getting better. Yesterday and this morning was so overwhelming. I haven't felt like this in months. The strange desire to end it all came again. Currently talking to my counselor. OMG. I never want to feel this way again.
. You even get counsellor sef. Bro just hold on. It's what i'v been advised to do and it's what I'm doing. Hopefully the feelings will subside.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2017
COOL10:
. You even get counsellor sef. Bro just hold on. It's what i'v been advised to do and it's what I'm doing. Hopefully the feelings will subside.

It's free, she's the school counselor. It has been a terrible day.
Thanks. I know they will

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nickie277: 3:32am On Nov 14, 2017
Cool 10 and Azandiogu, I felt just like you yesterday and day before, to make matters worse for me, the people that I'm living with traveled for the weekend and I was left alone in their house, the house felt lonely and strange, I felt I don't belong there, that I don't belong anywhere, I sent a terrible text message to my mom and my dad, accusing them of using my destiny, which I regret immediately, I was feeling that terrible. But I had to draw myself out of that deep, dark place. Told myself it will all be a testimony someday.
Suicide is never a solution to anything, you will only deprive yourself of the chance to be happy in future.
I'm not going to preach the count your blessings thing, but I'm going to say this, no matter how deep you find yourself in depression, only you can bring yourself out. Stop thinking about others for once, ignore people's opinions about you, form your own positive opinion about yourself, at the end of it all, your life is yours, and only yours. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by COOL10(m): 4:15am On Nov 14, 2017
Nickie277:
Cool 10 and Azandiogu, I felt just like you yesterday and day before, to make matters worse for me, the people that I'm living with traveled for the weekend and I was left alone in their house, the house felt lonely and strange, I felt I don't belong there, that I don't belong anywhere, I sent a terrible text message to my mom and my dad, accusing them of using my destiny, which I regret immediately, I was feeling that terrible. But I had to draw myself out of that deep, dark place. Told myself it will all be a testimony someday.
Suicide is never a solution to anything, you will only deprive yourself of the chance to be happy in future.
I'm not going to preach the count your blessings thing, but I'm going to say this, no matter how deep you find yourself in depression, only you can bring yourself out. Stop thinking about others for once, ignore people's opinions about you, form your own positive opinion about yourself, at the end of it all, your life is yours, and only yours. God bless.
. Thank u
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Joyce21(f): 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2017
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2017
Joyce21:
life can really be unfair. i dont know but i just want to confirm, is there anyone out there who has never felt loved but used, both by family and everyone they ever decided to be friends with? what i am feeling is far more than depression, that is if there is anything like that. there is this feeling of invisibility when with family or friends everyone just seem to be selfish when it comes to me. not sure if anyone will notice even if i end it all: one thing is for sure, i will find peace and rest from all of this horrible horrible feelings. been trying not to resolve to that, but that seem to be the only option left to someone "like me"

This is technically not possible. Often times when people complain of not being loved (at all) by anyone. The problem is usually with them. You need to look inwards. Everyone cannot be wrong.

Even if you are a contact assassin or black sheep of your family, you would still have friends who would show you love (friends of like minds) who are assassins or black sheep of their own families too.

Everybody cannot be using you, Atleast there should be one person who loves you.

1 Like

Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by Syphonn(m): 5:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
Top life skills to teach your children

Raising children can be sometimes difficult for some parents. But as a good parent you should teach your children as they do not know so many things without being taught. This issue is sometimes due to the relationship the parents have between themselves in their daily dealings.

The most important teachers to children are their parents, because they are always with them and will always be till they grow into adulthood.

To help you make the most of this privileged position as a parent, here are skills you can teach your children, each of which will make a fundamental differences in their life.

Read more http://www.busygisting.com/lifeskills-to-teach-your-children/
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by kushme: 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2017
Joyce21:
life can really be unfair. i dont know but i just want to confirm, is there anyone out there who has never felt loved but used, both by family and everyone they ever decided to be friends with? what i am feeling is far more than depression, that is if there is anything like that. there is this feeling of invisibility when with family or friends everyone just seem to be selfish when it comes to me. not sure if anyone will notice even if i end it all: one thing is for sure, i will find peace and rest from all of this horrible horrible feelings. been trying not to resolve to that, but that seem to be the only option left to someone "like me"

This is so touchy, I am a realist, I love you... I am in Kd...
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by fxlagoo: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2017
sweetmaami:
i am posting this on behalf of a friend, she has been on nairaland for years but she's the shy type she hardly post a comment, so i told her i was gonna post this on her behalf and she agreed.

This pretty young and endowed lady is a very good friend of mine, she's a graduate of agriculture from one the Nigerian universities. She's from Ghana but was born and brought up in Nigeria.

To cut the long story short this lady was diagnosed with fibroid a malign type that affected her ovaries. She had previously had an operation to remove the fibroid but doctors could only scrap it off and not remove it totally because it was on her ovaries three years later the fibroid grew back aggressively causing some other infections and was almost turning cancerous, doctors had to do another surgery early this year to remove it, but this time around they removed it completely together with her ovaries and uterus. Now it's clear that she can never concieve

She's really depressed sometimes thinking about taking her life, she's this kind of girl that's big about the "marriage thing", she's worried that no man will wanna marry a woman that can't give birth. I have tried convincing her that der are men out der who don't really want children probably because they have already from past marriages and the likes (if you that kinda guy and you are interested pm me).

I have ran out of ideas to console her with, i need advice or suitors for her.

Hey, sweetmaami, I felt moved by your friend's issue and I would gladly get to know and be with her if she's really sweet, independent, liberal, teachable and lovable..

I don't think I have any problem with my life except for one thing. "The kind of money I want" when I eventually send you my link on LinkedIn . I am the understanding, non judgmental type, I had to create the new moniker to show my interest. Trust me lady, you look like me"sister". Now, let us go to my school of thought concerning "family and love'. I live a foreign life here in nigerian. would only want one child in this life after that get a vasectomy. It's obvious i could have that child with another woman as the case may be. We can continue the discussion through this number.whatsapp Or text: 08026580173.
Re: Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? by windowssupport: 7:08am On Nov 17, 2017
Amazing post for any query related to windows support contact us our windows tech support team will assist you as soon as possible https://windowstechsupport.org/defender-customer-service/

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Nana's Baby Essentials : Baby Shop in Lagos. / I Am Ending My Marriage Because Of These (see Reasons And Give Advise) / Those Who Drank From This Refrigerator Are Legends..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.